Page 403 of 403 FirstFirst ... 303353393401402403
Results 10,051 to 10,064 of 10064

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Netflix Series

For me the thing I would have really liked in the voice acting for Revelation was for Mer-Man to have that warble in his voice like he did in the original Filmation series, when I first heard him talk in Revelation I kinda felt disappointed at first cause one of the first things I associate with Mer-Man is his unique underwater voice.

Where as in Revelation it didn't sound like that, and just sounded like a regular voice you would give to a bad guy.

It wasn't too bad and I did get used to it but I definitely felt it was a missed opportunity though as if I was doing the voice for Mer-Man I would have absolutely added that underwater element he had when he originally spoke lol

Edit: No way, I just found this haha

That's EXACTLY how it should have been, or had some element of that to it at least lol

The thing to remember about Sarah Michelle Gellar is she is an actor not a voice actor like for instance Cree Summer or Grey DeLisle so expecting her to put on a different voice is not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Talon View Post
    The thing to remember about Sarah Michelle Gellar is she is an actor not a voice actor like for instance Cree Summer or Grey DeLisle so expecting her to put on a different voice is not going to happen.
    In addition, it might be different for voicing a cartoony villain (I don’t really remember Scrooge)…
    To voice a different kind of young woman, not like an old person or an evil witch… it’s a more subtle alternate persona to look for. Can be a challenge. An experienced voice actress can probably pull it off, yeah.

This reminds me of Filmation though, how the women and girls characters had sometimes squeaky, dare I say, obnoxious voices, because the same actress was changing her voice to create different characters. I did not really *love* even the Filmation Sorceress…

And yeah– Hammill was ok but sounded like the Joker. I did notice that, because I love BTAS. But he still is a good voice actor, so I was cool with it, eventually. Plus he’s a great advocate for whatever he works on, and has a huge following.
    Last edited by Cosmic; May 19, 2022 at 05:38pm.

Tons of actors and actresses do that all the time I mean the guy who plays Rick Grimes in The walking dead isn't even American. Sarah Michelle Gellar just isn't that strong of an actress to begin with,she's really more of a name to the cast than anything else.... That said I did enjoy what she did with Revelations some of her lines weren't exactly delivered the greatest, probably would have helped if she was working along side of the actors while she was recording her lines, rather than into a microphone in a home studio. Whatcha gonna do? At least they didn't give Teela to Alicia Silverstone ...yikes!

Yeah sorry we inflicted Andrew Lincoln on to you his accent was truly awful in Walking Dead. He wasn't a good example of an actor putting on a voice.

Yeah sorry we inflicted Andrew Lincoln on to you his accent was truly awful in Walking Dead. He wasn't a good example of an actor putting on a voice.
    Benedict Cumberbatch?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 5/21/2022

Bandicoot Cumbersnatch isn't bad I like him as Dr Strange. I am not going to apologise for every English actor

Why, that's part of being an actor/actress by adapting the voice to a character to bring them to life as an individual whether on screen or not, voice work is part of the character; tons of actors/actresses do this all the time, whether playing an on screen role or voicing a character it's the same thing where they have to get into the character and adapt to portray that person or character on screen and bring them to life. Your job is to present a character as to how they are supposed to be presented so when people are watching they are invested in the character on screen.

Jim Carrey again does this with Scrooge, Tom Hanks does it with Woody, Demi Moore and Bruce Willis do this in Beavis and Butt-Head Do America, the list is endless.

Sarah Michelle Gellar is an incredible actress in my opinion but while watching Revelation I did feel like I was listening to Sarah Michelle Gellar as opposed to the character Teela a lot of the time, I didn't feel that way when Tom Hanks did Toy Story for example and that's no knock on Sarah of course, I think she's brilliant and am a fan of her work (specially in Scream 2), it's just in this case this is how it felt for me personally a few times that's all. :)
    Last edited by The 90'z Rules; May 19, 2022 at 07:37pm.

Quote Originally Posted by The 90'z Rules View Post
    Sarah Michelle Gellar is an incredible actress in my opinion but while watching Revelation I did feel like I was listening to Sarah Michelle Gellar as opposed to the character Teela a lot of the time, I didn't feel that way when Tom Hanks did Toy Story for example and that's no knock on Sarah of course, I think she's brilliant and am a fan of her work (specially in Scream 2), it's just in this case this is how it felt for me personally a few times that's all.
    I don't even really think it's bad acting as much she just has a voice that doesn't have a lot of range. She sounds the same when she's angry, happy, quiet, or loud. Same tone throughout (IMO) so it comes off flat.

Brie Larson is another actor that has the same condition. It's my biggest criticism of her acting.
    “It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    I don't even really think it's bad acting as much she just has a voice that doesn't have a lot of range. She sounds the same when she's angry, happy, quiet, or loud. Same tone throughout (IMO) so it comes off flat.

Brie Larson is another actor that has the same condition. It's my biggest criticism of her acting.
    Yeah, totally agree with you!

It's a credit to an actor or actress who can be diverse with these things, adapt and be creative. When you watch these shows and don't even recognise the actor/actresses main voice but adapt the voice to the character on screen, that's when I feel they've nailed the job.

We are meant to feel like we are watching the character on screen and forget about the actor/actress behind it, the same way when we watch an actor on screen, we want to forget that we are watching The Rock but more so Davis Okoye (his character in Rampage) for example.

Sarah Michelle Gellar is a very good actress, so I wouldn't want people reading this as a knock on her but more so I do feel she's just done the voice and script in her own voice as opposed to adapting it to a character if that makes sense :)

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post

Yeah some people are just kinda monotone. On the other hand that's not the kind of person you want to cast for most roles. Let's be honest Gellar was cash as Buffy, mostly, for her looks.

My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 5/21/2022

Brie Larson is just a mouth with an idiot attached to it. To specify what I mean by voice actors I mean those whose career is primarily featured on games and animation as opposed to those you see on screen.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    Season 1: Skeletor
    Season 2: Hordak
    Season 3: Snakemen
    Season 4: Space Mutants
    Season 5: ???
    Season 6: Profit!

I would LOVE to see the Evil Mutants get the MotUR treatment! Here's hoping...
    Totally Jazzed for C'MONs Clash For Eternia!

Sarah Michelle Gellar voice just didn't fit the role. Sometimes you get that when you hire regular actors over voice actors. Lena Headey and Liam Cunningham were perfectly cast. You almost could do the whole show with Game of Thrones actors.