Page 298 of 328 FirstFirst ... 198248288296297298299300308 ... LastLast
Results 7,426 to 7,450 of 8189

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Netflix Series

After reading the revelations prequel comic, I think teela's rage might be a subconscious effect of getting her memory wiped every time she learned the sorceress was her mother in filmation, and perhaps every time she may have learned adam's secret off-camera. The Sorceress was playing god with mindwipes on eternia, including back with adora and the horde war being ersed from eternia's collective memory. As a follow-up to filmation, the events of revelation is just Duncan and the Sorceress reaping what they had sown.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    And the techno anti-magic cult used a magical item to convert people to the cult... Genius writing.
    That was disquised as a simple chalice nor being used magically. I'm glad you're coming around to how good the writing ACTUALLY is

Heroic Warrior King Daddy Bo-Hog's Avatar
    Teela: "Tel me the truth!"
    Sorceress: "You can't handle the truth!"

Teela will go on a bigger rampage across Eternia than Savage He-Man.

I still think the whole tchno cult and turning their back on magic was really stupid. Like people were literally working for evil magicians and met wizards and dragons that used magic and they all their back on magic after a hero with magical powers saved them all.
    What were the writers even thinking...like no one could say how absurd the idea of them turning against magic was.
    Actually it makes perfect sense.

Trap Jaw and Tri-Klops were subjected to a magical master who lorded it over them because it was the stronger force (magic over tech). Then, when this authority was gone and they seized the opportunity to become in charge, they leaned into what they knew, which was technology. They didn't have the magic to fall back on, and once they were in control of Snake Mountain, they wanted to hold onto their power and completely rejected and rallied against magic because they didn't want anyone using a power that might take it away.

Tri-Klops also pretty well addresses that Skeletor being out of the way opened the door for technology to overtake. It works not only perfectly fine in the story, but also does it really well if you're not just looking for reasons to hate the show. The first time I watched it, I really didn't like the techo-cult thing, but every time I've watched it since it grows on me because it seems so fitting for these characters.

Quote Originally Posted by King Daddy Bo-Hog View Post
    ....just looking for reasons to hate the show...
    I don't hate the show, just thought the first five episode were poorly written, plotted and paced.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smanomega View Post
    That was disquised as a simple chalice nor being used magically. I'm glad you're coming around to how good the writing ACTUALLY is
    It's still a magical item, so...

Just a few teasing hints for the last few comments …

There are appearances by a few more Masters and bad guys.

Motherboard is explained.

Teela isn’t as obnoxious.

Even if you didn’t like the first part, give the second part a go. I enjoyed it a lot more. Still issues but I actually enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post

Even if you didn’t like the first part, give the second part a go. I enjoyed it a lot more. Still issues but I actually enjoyed it.
    Thanks for the info! I get it if you can’t explain this, but I was wondering how the second part is as far as violence. I am curious if it is worse than the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by Man-At-Arms82 View Post
    Thanks for the info! I get it if you can’t explain this, but I was wondering how the second part is as far as violence. I am curious if it is worse than the first half.
    Not so much running people through with swords but it has large scale battles, punching kicking, obliteration on an epic scale (but not “graphic” as such.) Lots of dead monsters. Lots of magic battles. It’s hard to compare….probably more.

Not so much running people through with swords but it has large scale battles, punching kicking, obliteration on an epic scale (but not “graphic” as such.) Lots of dead monsters. Lots of magic battles. It’s hard to compare….probably more.
    Thanks for the reply! I appreciate the information. I just am kinda wondering if it doesn’t have gore or blood.
    “Being a champion is about defending those who can’t defend themselves.”

Heroic Warrior
    Teela isn’t as obnoxious
    That's assuring, I mean, I sort of could see that beginning to take shape towards the end of episode five, good to know it sticks. Are there any cute/sweeter moments between her and Adam?

Not sure if it's been mentioned already, but the latest November round up video from Netflix showcasing that month's releases has a short clip of Revelations footage. You can find it floating around Youtube. Skelegod being pleased with himself for getting ahold of the Power Sword, He-Man atop Battle Cat crying out "For Eternia!", etc. Reports of his death have been greatly exaggerated it would seem
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Here's the reel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdkwUFW4c7I

(Go to 2:24)

Adam has the sword back, but Skeletor still has the power
    Last edited by Cameron Samurai; October 25, 2021 at 09:06am.

Heroic Warrior
    It's still a magical item, so...
    ... Which they didn't know, so that's dramatic irony - their entire belief system ended up being based on the very thing they were trying to wipe out. That's a perfectly acceptable piece of plotting.

(Actually, it's been a while since I watched it - did Tri-Klops know? If he did, then they're a cult with a lying, hypocritical leader that knowingly uses the thing he's preaching against to keep power... Which is also a perfectly acceptable piece of plotting.)
    "Showtunes and booze, kids - that's what keeps me happy."

Do you know what a magic wand does in a regular person's hand? ABSOLUTELY nothing, it's a stick. Same goes for a chalice so unless part 2 debunks this, the techno cult is still awesome..

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Ohhh, teases!!! Are He-man and Skeletor in all five episodes front and center?

(...Or do they get trapped in a spell or something in episode 6, and then Evil-lyn gets dreadlocks, whines a bunch, and her and Teela go on a handful of tedious quests to just get us back to where we ended episode 6?)

Also, I thought I heard Kevin Smith saying Teela gets a new hairdo... truth? What episode does that happen?

The little tidbit on the Netflix reel looks good! But Netflix, fool me once, shame on you....

Thanks!

Last edited by Grayskull Guardsman; October 25, 2021 at 10:30am.

Quote Originally Posted by smanomega View Post
    Do you know what a magic wand does in a regular person's hand? ABSOLUTELY nothing, it's a stick. Same goes for a chalice so unless part 2 debunks this, the techno cult is still awesome..
    Some magic items can still be used by regular people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ipsissimus_clay View Post
    ... Which they didn't know, so that's dramatic irony...
    It's definitely ironic. Maybe part 2 will explain it better. But regardless I am not a fan at all of the techno cult.

I couldn't tell. Did He-Man have the power sword in that little snippet?

He man does have A power sword course so does Skeletor in all scenes.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm very undecided on what to think about the "techno cult". When I watched Revelation, my initial impression was that it was a way for the creators to introduce cyberpunk themes and aspects into the show, following the current trend. It didn't feel like an organic development, like something Tri-Clops and Trap-Jaw would do. After having reflected on it for some time, however, it doesn't seem so unlikely to me anymore. Both are certainly eager and willing to follow someone or something powerful.

To really make up my mind on whether or not I like this concept, I need to know who or what exactly "motherboard" is. Probably a very advanced AI, but there must be more to it in order for the cultic aspect around it to make sense. I think I'll have to wait for part 2 to find out.
    Last edited by JSElshoff; October 25, 2021 at 07:26pm.

Quote Originally Posted by JSElshoff View Post
    I'm very undecided on what to think about the "techno cult". When I watched Revelation, my initial impression was that it was a way for the creators to introduce cyberpunk themes and aspects into the show, following the current trend. It didn't feel like an organic development, like something Tri-Clops and Trap-Jaw would do. After having reflecting on it for some time, however, it doesn't seem so unlikely to me anymore. Both are certainly eager and willing to follow someone or something powerful.

To really make up my mind on whether or not I like this concept, I need to know who or what exactly "motherboard" is. Probably a very advanced AI, but there must be more to it in order for the cultic aspect around it to make sense. I think I'll have to wait for part 2 to find out.
    I just saw it as a natural progression of his role in 200x . With magic gone , skeletors " tech guy" would obviously become the main man . The second part of the show might explain it differently , but I just saw the whole" motherboard"thing as a quasi-religious realisation of the techno organic virus we've heard about in the 80s minicomics , classics bios and modern DC comics

Sent from my AGS2-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JSElshoff View Post
    I'm very undecided on what to think about the "techno cult". When I watched Revelation, my initial impression was that it was a way for the creators to introduce cyberpunk themes and aspects into the show, following the current trend. It didn't feel like an organic development, like something Tri-Clops and Trap-Jaw would do. After having reflecting on it for some time, however, it doesn't seem so unlikely to me anymore. Both are certainly eager and willing to follow someone or something powerful.

My take on Tri-Klops in his current role is that he's a guy who knows he's full of you-know-what, but equally knows he can manipulate and take advantage of others in their current mental state and clearly does so using whatever Motherboard actually is to great aplomb. He saw an opening with Skeletor gone and just went for it and really, really leaned into that role... but I kind of doubt he's drinking the Kool-Aid that he's selling (after all, he himself is not one bit enhanced aside from the new outfit he's sporting. I found that to be quite telling).
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    My take on Tri-Klops in his current role is that he's a guy who knows he's full of you-know-what, but equally knows he can manipulate and take advantage of others in their current mental state and clearly does so using whatever Motherboard actually is to great aplomb. He saw an opening with Skeletor gone and just went for it and really, really leaned into that role... but I kind of doubt he's drinking the Kool-Aid that he's selling (after all, he himself is not one bit enhanced aside from the new outfit he's sporting. I found that to be quite telling).
    Not true.

His post-magic design shows that his arms are now cybernetic and his visor has been cybernetically enhanced.

Check out the Powerhouse design sheets earlier in this thread.

"He's more machine now than man... twisted and evil."
    -Obi-Wan Kenobi
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Well ..... People tend to get attached to their initial impressions of others and find it very difficult to change their opinion, even when presented with lots of evidence to the contrary.

I choose to not forgive the inexcusable attitude of Man At Arm,s horrible ungratful self entitled son .

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Not true.

His post-magic design shows that his arms are now cybernetic and his visor has been cybernetically enhanced.

-Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Huh! I never caught that before. I guess I'm surprised they didn't go overboard like they did with Whiplash.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Well ..... People tend to get attached to their initial impressions of others and find it very difficult to change their opinion, even when presented with lots of evidence to the contrary.

I choose to not forgive the inexcusable attitude of Man At Arm,s horrible ungratful self entitled son .
    Yeah Roboto's quite a douche bag in this show but not as bad as He Man with his whole sacrificing himself just to be completely out of four episodes and save the universe ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Not true.

-Obi-Wan Kenobi
    I keep thinking this may be a subtle way of letting us know this isn't actually him (possibly Faker?). Or maybe I'm just hoping that...
    "A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him."