Page 297 of 325 FirstFirst ... 197247287295296297298299307 ... LastLast
Results 7,401 to 7,425 of 8102

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Netflix Series

Quote Originally Posted by King Daddy Bo-Hog View Post
    How much fan fiction have you read? From what I've seen, even if Revelation was ten times worse than it is, it would still be better than the best of fan fiction.
    Not much but what I read had better plots.

Heroic Warrior
    Sturgeons' Law applies to everything. Even professional work.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    Sturgeons' Law applies to everything. Even professional work.
    I like to think about it this way: I have my favorite foods. But every now and then I'll crave a little something different that's not necessarily my favorite. It's just a little variety that both keeps things from being repetitive and makes me appreciate my favorites a little more.

I guess I mean to say some of the things that aren't that great can still be entertaining when you're in the mood.
    "A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him."

Heroic Warrior King Daddy Bo-Hog's Avatar
    Well, I guess its all subjective too.

I'm just not a fan of fan fiction. Reading or writing it. IMO, if you want to write a story, tell your own instead of deriving most of it from something of someone else's. I know, people can write what they want; I don't disagree, I'm just not interested in it.

I want to see what authorized people create for the MOTU property. I think its also why I accept Revelation as it is--I don't go into something with expectations. I just like to see the vision they have for it. But random people creating love interests and pointless plots for the overall MOTUniverse, just doesn't do anything for me.

But, I've been told many times that I'm an ass, so, I'm probably making someone mad with my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    I just want to mention that you stink!!

My nosiness NEEDS to know what happened and you're just sitting there with all the answers!
    Ha ha, and I haven't even mentioned what I know about the CGI show....

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post
    Ha ha, and I haven't even mentioned what I know about the CGI show....
    So a second season of that is a lock for certain then?

They ordered upfront a certain amount of episodes of the GGI show (26 is speculated).

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    They ordered upfront a certain amount of episodes of the GGI show (26 is speculated).
    That fits, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    This is from the most recent TV Kids Guide from last month. (Page 56)

tvkidsguide2021_2022.jpg

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    This is from the most recent TV Kids Guide from last month. (Page 56)

tvkidsguide2021_2022.jpg
    Thanks

So they could theoretically release ten more eps in wave 2, and six in wave 3?

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks

So they could theoretically release ten more eps in wave 2, and six in wave 3?
    I think that is a good bet.

Or nine and seven or eight and eight however the story breaks nicely for...

Heroic Warrior
    The important thing is that the CG show isnít just stopping after one season.

I have a feeling that MOTU Revelation will be remembered for a few fight scenes, but everyone is going to do their damndest to forget the plot.

Quote Originally Posted by cameron samurai View Post
    so a second season of that is a lock for certain then?
    s2 - 11-20
    s3 - 21-26
    Last edited by ProteinNerd; October 23, 2021 at 06:53pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynaman View Post
    The important thing is that the CG show isnít just stopping after one season.

I have a feeling that MOTU Revelation will be remembered for a few fight scenes, but everyone is going to do their damndest to forget the plot.
    Given the fact that the secret identity is finally done with and Adam gave his life, I personally disagree with this assessment.

I actually only have the most vague of memories of the specific details of the fight scenes, and much better memories of the plot.

Like, I remember the one part as, "And then Man-At-Arms shows up and starts pityin' fools, as one does." I don't specifically remember the A-B-Cs of ass-kickery that ensued upon his arrival. Although they'll probably become more vivid and memorable upon repeat viewings. Also, full disclosure, I'd already had a couple of Guinness by the series' midway point.

Anyways, yeah, I'm the opposite. The plot stood out way more than the fight scenes upon my initial viewing. Not that the fight scenes were bad, they were good. I only remember them in terms of "Let's You And Him Fight", though, as of yet.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    Given the fact that the secret identity is finally done with and Adam gave his life, I personally disagree with this assessment.
    Yeah, but who really cares about all that when it's just a 'spiritual' adaptation and not the genuine continuation? You're asking us to care about things in an alternate universe, and some of those developments have already been handled better (and worse) in the comics.

I am eager for much more Revelation and CGI MOTU!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    I actually only have the most vague of memories of the specific details of the fight scenes, and much better memories of the plot.

Like, I remember the one part as, "And then Man-At-Arms shows up and starts pityin' fools, as one does." I don't specifically remember the A-B-Cs of ass-kickery that ensued upon his arrival. Although they'll probably become more vivid and memorable upon repeat viewings. Also, full disclosure, I'd already had a couple of Guinness by the series' midway point.

Anyways, yeah, I'm the opposite. The plot stood out way more than the fight scenes upon my initial viewing. Not that the fight scenes were bad, they were good. I only remember them in terms of "Let's You And Him Fight", though, as of yet.
    The fight scenes were too " fighty fighty" I know we were told that they were going to be but I found them to be too "Fighty fighty" Kevin Smith didn't lie....

What stood out the most to me about Revelations aside from the awful story was the "hero" not wanting to do anything to save the universe because she was still angry that Adam didn't tell her he was He-Man.

Even when the "hero" didn't want to save the universe, it was never mentioned where any of Eternias other heroic warriors were like Buzz Off, Man-E-Faces, Fisto, Syklone, Clamp Champ, Extendar, Ram Man,Stratos, Mechaneck etc.
    granted maybe Teela had to go as it's something to do with her becomming the Sorceress in the next part.

When teela got so mad about Adam not telling her he was He-Man can you imagine what she will be like when she finds out about Sorceress being her mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post

When teela got so mad about Adam not telling her he was He-Man can you imagine what she will be like when she finds out about Sorceress being her mother.

Now we know why Sorceress erased Teela,s memories in Teela,s Quest and why nobody tells her anything .

Teela cannot handle the Truth .

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Now we know why Sorceress erased Teela,s memories in Teela,s Quest and why nobody tells her anything .

Teela cannot handle the Truth .
    Teela: "Tel me the truth!"
    Sorceress: "You can't handle the truth!"

Teela will go on a bigger rampage across Eternia than Savage He-Man.

I still think the whole tchno cult and turning their back on magic was really stupid. Like people were literally working for evil magicians and met wizards and dragons that used magic and they all their back on magic after a hero with magical powers saved them all.
    What were the writers even thinking...like no one could say how absurd the idea of them turning against magic was.
    Last edited by Mark M; October 24, 2021 at 09:35am.

How many more versions do we need for people to realize Teela has ALWAYS been hot-headed since day one, and was perfectly in character in Revelations? ( Even if SMG played her a little flat at times)

I can totally see her keeping calm when Sorceress lets her in on the truth. One of those
    " I somehow knew, deep down inside, knew you were my mother... Just the way you'd look at me from time to time.. I thought I was crazy for thinking it like my mind was erased..." Followed by an awkward silence..

And as far as abandoning magic... When it's obvious that something is not working you do what you need to survive or you die include joining a " religious group" based on technology magic planet by damned.
    Last edited by smanomega; October 24, 2021 at 10:18am.

Quote Originally Posted by smanomega View Post
    And as far as abandoning magic... When it's obvious that something is not working you do what you need to survive or you die include joining a " religious group" based on technology magic planet by damned.
    And the techno anti-magic cult used a magical item to convert people to the cult... Genius writing.

Heroic Warrior
    When I mention people remembering the fights, I want you to think in about three years from now. I could easily see Youtube clips getting peopleís attention, but they get told to avoid the show.