Page 99 of 218 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 5427

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Netflix Series

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    You did a fantastic job on that!
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Warrior
    Nice, Jukka. I would love to see one for the Filmation one.

My humble attempt on Revelation teaser trailer audio, mixed with 2002 He-Man footage.

https://youtu.be/pEQ1mf3JrCk
    Ha ha that was awesome! How long did it take to do??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I watched that earlier and it is very nicely done! It works, too!
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

Well done Jukka that was brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    You can see it that way. That doesn't necessarily mean that is the intent of the people making the show.

As for me, while I know that She-Ra was produced after all episodes of He-Man back in the day, given that for the most part the episodes of both shows (with the exception of the first few episodes of She-Ra / SOTS) were made so for the most part they can be viewed in almost any order and it really wouldn't matter since it was done for 5 days a week syndication, and since even from the start of the series, Adam had already been He-Man for some time, one could argue that both are happening more or less at the same time. He-Man's adventures on Eternia when not in the same place at the same time as She-Ra wouldn't look much different than they did prior to SOTS.
    I posted this a while ago in another thread, but I always considered She-Ra as MOTU seasons 4 and 5...

Adam/He-Man was a frequent guest star on the show (and my young self's favorite PoP episodes at the time.)

However, I agree with those saying that She-Ra probably isn't even a thought right now. But, I would hate for Revelation to 'pretend' that Secret of the Sword and SR:PoP never happened... I think a brief recap would help, but starting over with Force Captain Adora I wouldn't like.

On a side note, how cool would She-Ra, Glimmer, Bow, etc. look in Powerhouse animation style?
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Nice job, Jukka!

There's one on YouTube that uses the Filmation beginning with the new trailer.

Personally I'm with the minority fan base that preferred MYP over Filmation. They did more with thirty plus episodes. Than the vintage did with over a hundred plus. Imagine what MYP could have done with a hundred episodes? Would have been epic....

My humble attempt on Revelation teaser trailer audio, mixed with 2002 He-Man footage.

Sweet!!

Now, I need you to do a stop-motion version with your Classics figures... now!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I posted this a while ago in another thread, but I always considered She-Ra as MOTU seasons 4 and 5...

Adam/He-Man was a frequent guest star on the show (and my young self's favorite PoP episodes at the time.)

However, I agree with those saying that She-Ra probably isn't even a thought right now. But, I would hate for Revelation to 'pretend' that Secret of the Sword and SR:PoP never happened... I think a brief recap would help, but starting over with Force Captain Adora I wouldn't like.

On a side note, how cool would She-Ra, Glimmer, Bow, etc. look in Powerhouse animation style?
    I absolutely LOVE She-Ra And The Princesses Of Power, but I would also love to see POP and New Adventures in Revelation style too!

Wow! Amazing work.

Holding Out For A Hero wasn't even in the iTunes Top 1500 prior to the MOTUR teaser trailer. The song got a boost and started charting on United States, Mexico, Germany and Switzerland iTunes after the MOTUR teaser trailer dropped. The use of the song in Loki and the trailer for Square Enix and Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy video game helped to get it even higher on iTunes and charting in additional countries.

The overall sales numbers on iTunes aren't very big, and especially at the chart positions shown here (iTunes has been steadily declining for years), but I thought some folks might be interested to know where there's the most interest.

https://kworb.net/itunes/artist/bonnietyler.html

holdingoutforahero.jpg
    Last edited by Tallstar; June 20, 2021 at 11:00am.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    After watching the preview, I have grave misgivings about the show. This (per Smith himself) is a direct continuation of the Filmation series. Then why does it look and feel more like the 200X series? Mark Hamill, who I love, is simply using his basic Joker voice. Alan Oppenheimer, is relegated to background character Moss Man, and yes I understand that he's far older and his voice doesn't sound as good as the old days, but today's tech can fix the vocal issues.

The animation is pretty, but it doesn't feel like Filmation Eternia, and Grayskull definitely doesn't look right at all. I feel they could have updated everything and still capture the look of the original show but leaned far too much into 200X territory. I suppose the song didn't help bring back the nostalgia either, whenever I hear that song I think of Johnny 5 chasing Oscar in Short Circuit 2.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    After watching the preview, I have grave misgivings about the show. This (per Smith himself) is a direct continuation of the Filmation series. Then why does it look and feel more like the 200X series? Mark Hamill, who I love, is simply using his basic Joker voice. Alan Oppenheimer, is relegated to background character Moss Man, and yes I understand that he's far older and his voice doesn't sound as good as the old days, but today's tech can fix the vocal issues.

The animation is pretty, but it doesn't feel like Filmation Eternia, and Grayskull definitely doesn't look right at all. I feel they could have updated everything and still capture the look of the original show but leaned far too much into 200X territory. I suppose the song didn't help bring back the nostalgia either, whenever I hear that song I think of Johnny 5 chasing Oscar in Short Circuit 2.
    I agree that Mark Hamil is basically the Joker cosplaying as Skeletor.

I applaud the art style since - aside from Skeletor's skull - the 2002 reboot was ten times prettier than the original. Seriously, why can't designers do Skeletor's face like an actual skull and always make it look so cartoony nowadays?

Oppenheimer probably doesn't have the stamina to do extended voice work for more than 20 lines.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post

A direct sequel to the Filmation story, not the art style - they never promised it would like like the Filmation Series.

I'm glad that the animation style is a mix of all the things which make MOTU great - Filmation, 200X, vintage toys and boxart, also some new designs.
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    The Lois comparisons don't even work if you're paying homage to Superman II. You watch that movie and Lois isn't mad at Clark at all, she figures it out herself and she has fun with it, when he finally does 'fess up (he has no choice in both cuts), she's totally cool with it and they go straight back to his place and make love.

She's actually a little more crueller to him towards the end of the Lester version of Superman II, not the beginning, and it's mostly because she doesn't think she can handle it, which was of course absurdly out-of-character for her and clashed with how understanding she was earlier in the exact same cut

Suffice to say, I don't think we're getting an amnesia kiss in this series, rofl.
    I think the Superman II reference likely has as much to do with Superman losing his powers as the identity reveal. We know He-Man becomes separated from the Power Sword, it would seem likely that Adam will need to defeat SkeleGod in a creative way.

Quote Originally Posted by Hissto View Post
    I think the Superman II reference likely has as much to do with Superman losing his powers as the identity reveal. We know He-Man becomes separated from the Power Sword, it would seem likely that Adam will need to defeat SkeleGod in a creative way.
    I wasn't actually referencing Superman II (which I haven't even seen). I was just referring to the classic idea of the Clark Kent/Superman/Lois Lane two-person love triangle such as it's known in pop culture. I don't know where Superman II came in.
    Don't think, that'll only confuse you.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dina M View Post
    I wasn't actually referencing Superman II (which I haven't even seen). I was just referring to the classic idea of the Clark Kent/Superman/Lois Lane two-person love triangle such as it's known in pop culture. I don't know where Superman II came in.
    I know, I was responding to Cameron Samurai. Kevin Smith tweeted a list of 80s movies that he suggests are homaged in various episodes of Revelations Part 1—- the homage for the first episode is Superman II.

Quote Originally Posted by Hissto View Post
    I know, I was responding to Cameron Samurai. Kevin Smith tweeted a list of 80s movies that he suggests are homaged in various episodes of Revelations Part 1—- the homage for the first episode is Superman II.
    Ah. Sorry, I missed that part.
    Don't think, that'll only confuse you.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dina M View Post
    Ah. Sorry, I missed that part.
    No problem—- here’s the tweet FWIW: https://twitter.com/thatkevinsmith/s...277460994?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolaidas View Post
    I applaud the art style since - aside from Skeletor's skull - the 2002 reboot was ten times prettier than the original. Seriously, why can't designers do Skeletor's face like an actual skull and always make it look so cartoony nowadays?
    Nothing will surpass the Filmation Skeletor's skull... it's so classic!

I was hoping that the Revelation design would veer more toward Alcala territory, but at least it looks way better than the MYP skull. (I really didn't like the 200X Skeletor for many reasons, but the silly snake-fangs in his mouth did not look good at all...)

Heroic Warrior Beard of Stratos's Avatar

That was great.

Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Nothing will surpass the Filmation Skeletor's skull... it's so classic!

I was hoping that the Revelation design would veer more toward Alcala territory, but at least it looks way better than the MYP skull. (I really didn't like the 200X Skeletor for many reasons, but the silly snake-fangs in his mouth did not look good at all...)
    to me they look very similar.
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdoobs

Masters of the Universe: Revelation is at #71 on Internet Movie Database. Up +18 spots since last week.

moturup18.jpg

Heroic Warrior
    Allegedly a reliable redditor spoiler hound has heard something about the opening episode of Revelation, pretty much follows the same narrative we keep hearing from people not privy to Mattel or Smith's plans though, so if you're all for this show and weren't convinced then, you won't be convinced now

https://www.fr24news.com/a/2021/06/h...evelation.html

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    Allegedly a reliable redditor spoiler hound has heard something about the opening episode of Revelation, pretty much follows the same narrative we keep hearing from people not privy to Mattel or Smith's plans though, so if you're all for this show and weren't convinced then, you won't be convinced now

https://www.fr24news.com/a/2021/06/h...evelation.html
    The only other site that I'm seeing post about this news is We Got This Covered, which pretty much always ends up false with news, so I'm taking a heavy grain of salt on this.