Page 292 of 292 FirstFirst ... 192242282290291292
Results 7,276 to 7,294 of 7294

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Netflix Series

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    You will find that multiple users who reviewed MOTU Revelations had never left a review for any other movie/show prior. You will also notice that a majority of those people did not actually give a real review, but instead just gave it the lowest possible score.
    Another way to look at it is that some people that have never bothered reviewing a show before, were so disappointed, they created an account to express their opinion.

I'd also be interested why fans of Revelations think it was review bombed while the new CGI show wasn't, just look at the scores on RT.

Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 5.40.27 am.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 5.40.41 am.png

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by They-Them View Post
    I'm glad you can admit the real reason why this show exists. It was made to anger a segment of the audience. Except those of us who would get angry at this obvious cultural subversion started noticing this pattern many years ago, and we just find it sad yet slightly amusing at this point. You're the one accruing bad karma by trying to inflict pain on innocent people who just want to enjoy a campy barbarian toy property from the 80s.

As for your question, I think some people probably really did enjoy it. I also think that many people are forcing themselves to enjoy it because they want to stick it to the "gatekeepers."

Keep in mind, many of you kept saying we were WRONG that it was going to be the Teela show with He-Man playing a small supporting role. We were also WRONG about the show being eviscerated by audience reviews (even though that same pattern exists across several platforms).

The actual data shows that the show is performing poorly on Google Trends and the toys are VERY easy to get (unlike Origins, which stays true to the original values of the brand and is performing very well by all available metrics).

But yes, argh, me angry. Me dumb. Me toxic.
    I mean, it keeps happening. There is a pattern. I'm sure many of you were the same people defending The Last Jedi. And guess what? No one cares about Star Wars anymore and the TLJ defenders have all but vanished. They essentially killed Star Wars and now it has to be saved by people who actually know what they're doing and respect the core fanbase.

Same is happening here. Do you really not see it? These people don't care about money at this point (talking Hollywood specifically, not Mattel, who I'm sure is mortified by all of this).

Can't wait to buy a pile of Revelation figures at Five Below now that they've finally cleared out all the Rose Ticos.
    Yes, the actual Teela, not this weird pervy version who's "just brawn, no brains" or whatever. Laaaame.
    Careful, your mask slipped.

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post
    Another way to look at it is that some people that have never bothered reviewing a show before, were so disappointed, they created an account to express their opinion.
    There are plenty examples of people who did exactly that. But they also left actual reviews about the show and gave scores of 1, 1 1/2, or maybe 2 stars. There's a difference between leaving a review of a movie and just saying you hated it.

I'd also be interested why fans of Revelations think it was review bombed while the new CGI show wasn't, just look at the scores on RT.
    Because of the aforementioned "agenda" that was placed on Revelations once the most featured character (in the first 5 episodes at least) was revealed to be a strong, non-sexualized, female rather than the title male character.

You can find plenty of examples of people here on this forum claiming exactly that. Thousands on Facebook.

The CGI series is new and it's own thing.
    "A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him."

Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar

Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 5.40.27 am.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 5.40.41 am.png
    Uhh... You're not serious, right? Was this show a target for the Kevin Lied and My Childhood Died campaign and all the YouTube and social media influencers that jumped on the bandwagon and whenever else there's also been a race or gender swap in film or tv (even though the CG show is guilty of this too plus they all have the power?) No it wasn't. The CG kids show was too small fry, didn't have the already polarizing Kevin Smith, and they moved on.

My man, you're making the point for us.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm glad you can admit the real reason why this show exists. It was made to anger a segment of the audience. Except those of us who would get angry at this obvious cultural subversion started noticing this pattern many years ago, and we just find it sad yet slightly amusing at this point. You're the one accruing bad karma by trying to inflict pain on innocent people who just want to enjoy a campy barbarian toy property from the 80s.
    I am, or maybe we, are trying to inflict pain on innocent people? Huh?

As for your question, I think some people probably really did enjoy it. I also think that many people are forcing themselves to enjoy it because they want to stick it to the "gatekeepers."
    Many are forcing themselves to enjoy it?

Keep in mind, many of you kept saying we were WRONG that it was going to be the Teela show with He-Man playing a small supporting role. We were also WRONG about the show being eviscerated by audience reviews (even though that same pattern exists across several platforms).
    "Many of you kept saying?" As in me? Wow, you like painting with a broad brush it seems..

For the record, I never said once they'd wouldn't put a Teela story in the forefront of Revelation. I was one who said Filmation had done the very same thing already by putting Teela in the forefront of some Filmation series episodes, and Teela learning these big secrets finally and becoming the new Sorceress is a story I'm greatly interested in watching.

The actual data shows that the show is performing poorly on Google Trends and the toys are VERY easy to get (unlike Origins, which stays true to the original values of the brand and is performing very well by all available metrics).
    With toys it's all about how large of production runs are. For instance you can't guage Dark Despot Skeletor is a better seller than Revelation Skeletor because Despot sold out. It's all about quantities made. You'll know if Revelation toys is selling poorly and costing Mattel money if and when they start canceling waves and stuff like King Grayskull never hit the street. Mattel is not in the business to lose money.

And sorry, you saying the show is performing poorly made me laugh. The first half series was in the Top-10 Overall on Netflix four days in a row. That's worldwide, overall, which covers live-action or animated, documentaries to crime dramas to horror and sci-fi, any and every series on Netflix.

But yes, argh, me angry. Me dumb. Me toxic.
    While you do seem angry, I don't think anyone here called you those hurtful things.
    Last edited by Voodoo Magic; Yesterday at 03:41pm.
    ~ CALL YOUR CHAMPION ~

Court Magician
    @ Voodoo Magic:

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Magic
    First, if the paltry 6,835 audience reviews counted on Rotten Tomatoes was the actual size of the worldwide audience that watched Revelation on Netflix, the show would have been a failure of epic proportion.
    Of course neither the 6,835 Rotten Tomatoes raters nor the 22,432 IMDb raters are all the people who watched Revelation... It's a tiny percentage. As is the case with *any* series or movie rated anywhere. However, it's pure statistics to draw conclusions from a *significant* number of people rating something. If we assume that the 22,432 IMDb raters already include most of the people who also voted at RT and Metacritic, we can still say that about 22,500 people rated Revelation on the big web portals. That is a signifcant number.

And this significant number gave -- statistically speaking -- an overall average rating of 48%. There is no view or opinion involved here -- that's simple math.

The quality or "validity" of the votes can certainly be questioned -- but that is true for the negative ratings as well as for the positive ones. Wherever those who dislike something tend to express their dissatisfaction and frustration, those in favor do the opposite and essentially "defend" it with top marks. It's impossible to say if Revelation is one of those cases where reviews don't mean anything. The same is true for the theory of multiple accounts -- there is no way we can know how many users did that. Besides, it's pure speculation to only expect such behavior from users who dislike Revelation.

---

@ They-Them:

Quote Originally Posted by They-Them
    Why is it wrong for someone who was looking forward to a He-Man show (I know his name isn't in the title but he was the face of all the marketing leading up to Revelation) to create a new account and register their disgust with this obvious bait-and-switch? Can someone explain to me why this doesn't count as a "real" review (aside from the obvious)?.
    I agree. If someone creates an account to rate only one show or one movie, the only thing this tells us is that the show/movie must really matter to that person. I once made an account on a website to give one product a top rating and never rated anything on it since. Is this legitimate? I think it is. I just cared so much about the product that I wanted to express my opinion and recommend it to others.
    Last edited by JSElshoff; Yesterday at 03:53pm.

Quote Originally Posted by JSElshoff View Post
    I agree. If someone creates an account to rate only one show or one movie, the only thing that tells us is that the show/movie must really matter to that person. I once made an account on a website to give a product a top rating and never rated anything on it since. Is this legitimate? I think it is. I just cared so much about the product that I wanted to express my opinion and recommend it to others.
    The difference being you actually gave a rating.

If you'd thought it was a piece of junk (lowest rating possible) but gave your reasons why, reasons that would matter to other consumers, you still would have given an actual rating.

I'm saying this in a calm respectful manner because I don't want it to come off like it's directed at anyone: we had multiple Youtubers, prior to the show being released, give the show poor reviews and claim it was due to "reasons" they then gave.

Many of the reviews only talk about those "reasons", not the show itself.

I liken it to leaving a restaurant a poor review, not because you received poor service or poor food, but because the owner said something you strongly disagree with.

Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    So some are suggesting the real user RT score could be lower due to fake positive reviews?

I know the goal here, to dispel the notion that something like Revelation can be review bombed due to spurred group think and ideological anger, but some here fail to recognize the conditions of the situation. The critic reviews were highly positive. The user reviews were lowly negative, in a time surrounded by an upswel of media influencers complaining about the polarizing Kevin Smith, and stoking the fires of ideological like-minded people already hating things that are going on in Hollywood. Bringing up possible fake positive audience reviews in this situation is irrevelant and just a distraction to logically ascertaining what really went on with this critic to user review drop and if anything, to explain the large disparity between the two metrics.
    ~ CALL YOUR CHAMPION ~

Court Magician
    I'm saying this in a calm respectful manner because I don't want it to come off like it's directed at anyone: we had multiple Youtubers, prior to the show being released, give the show poor reviews and claim it was due to "reasons" they then gave.

Many of the reviews only talk about those "reasons", not the show itself.
    You mean the reviews simply saying something like "It cannot be Masters without without He-Man"? It's certainly possible that a share of those users didn't see the show itself and only rated as a result of watching a YouTube rant. Sure. On the other hand, missing He-Man in Revelation *can* also be an actual and legitimate reason. While it's not so important to me personally, it's not so hard to imagine that someone is disappointed that the main character of the whole brand only makes a few appearances. A review like "No He-Man show (0/10)", even though cryptic and crude, might mean exactly that.

I liken it to leaving a restaurant a poor review, not because you received poor service or poor food, but because the owner said something you strongly disagree with.
    If someone hasn't seen the show, yes. Then that's a fitting example. But as I said, some people might just have a hard time expressing themselves. We can find unhelpful reviews also among the positive ones -- saying things like "Finally, He-Man for adults", "Thanks for bringing back my childhood", or even "Best show ever".

You mean the reviews simply saying something like "It cannot be Masters without without He-Man"? It's certainly possible that a share of those users didn't see the show itself and only rated as a result of watching a YouTube rant. Sure. On the other hand, missing He-Man in Revelation *can* also be an actual and legitimate reason. While it's not so important to me personally, it's not so hard to imagine that someone is disappointed that the main character of the whole brand only makes a few appearances. A review like "No He-Man show (0/10)", even though cryptic and crude, might mean exactly that.
    But now I have to believe that people who are "passionate" about the franchise took the time to create an account to post a 5 word review? Why bother?

If someone hasn't seen the show, yes. Then that's a fitting example. But as I said, some people might just have a hard time expressing themselves. We can find unhelpful reviews also among the positive ones -- saying things like "Finally, He-Man for adults", "Thanks for bringing back my childhood", or even "Best show ever".
    Female He-man, already got a She-ra, Kevin Smith, bait n switch. These are used frequently. They were all things pushed by the Youtubers prior to the premier.

A shame that a man that was a fan of the original don't even see how badly this series went. I don't want to spoil it for anyone so I won't go into details I'll just say Teela was a complete flip of all she valued in the original. The good was Evillyn. She was amazingly good.

Half star.

Is there any explanation or excuse as to why the critic score is so much better?
    Last edited by Dice; Yesterday at 06:02pm.

Court Magician
    But now I have to believe that people who are "passionate" about the franchise took the time to create an account to post a 5 word review? Why bother?
    Even passionate people might have trouble or a lack of time or energy to express themselves in full. They might still want their voice/rating to be heard.

Is there any explanation or excuse as to why the critic score is so much better?
    No, I don't have a clear explanation. We can speculate, though. Maybe Eternia as a setting and the individual MOTU characters are not that important to certain critics? Maybe science-fantasy as a genre has become so rare that some critics just love the show as a specimen of this genre? Or maybe some critics do love MOTU just for the nostalgia and are convinced that multiple character deaths and an afterlife plot finally make MOTU "mature"...

Revelation isn't the only example for a huge difference in average reviewer und user rating, though. The aforementioned Last Jedi is an even more popular example. Its RT user score of more than 100,000 ratings is 42% -- as opposed to a 92% critics score.

There's not a character in this show that's the exact version of themselves from the Filmation show. She's also smart enough to break into Snake Mountain and figure out Evil-Lyn was in disguise. I don't know how you get "pervy" out of it either.
    I was a little confused by this too... but, then again, not really.

This is the problem... some people want to be angry at something so badly, but don't really know what to be angry at.

So, just throw out some adjectives and see what bites...

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately, a closer analogy would be that the person didn't even eat at the restaurant, but heard bad things through social media and decided to "help" others by leaving a poor "review."
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Heroic Warrior King Daddy Bo-Hog's Avatar
    So I was just looking at Revelation on RT. It shows a 39% Average Audience Score. When I click on See Score Details, then on the question mark icon for an explanation it says "The Percentage of Users who rated this 3.5 stars or higher."

This is on a 5 star rating right? I don't see where I can rate Revelation now, but when I go to rate something else, I have 1 to 5 stars I can rate it at, at .5 star increments. So there are 10 different ratings one can give. This would mean then that 39% of people who rated it rated it at at 7 out of 10 or better.

So someone could have rated it at 2.5 stars and been right at 50% or 5/10. Anything beyond this implies that people who did not rate it below 2.5 did not likely hate it. Maybe they didn't love it, but they didn't hate it.

Unfortunately with a rating system like this we can't really see a percentage of people who hated it vs people who loved it. But we can see that if 39% thought it was 7/10 or better, that many of those who rated it lower did not necessarily hate it, but only saw it as average to above average. Hell, I love Revelation and would probably only rate it at 8.5.

My point... this 39% does NOT express that the majority of people hated Revelation and thought it was garbage. And that's not even accounting for the review bombing that we know has taken place.

That's assuming that I am understanding how RT ratings work, and I'm sure everyone will correct me if I'm wrong.

The easiest way to understand why you shouldn't put that much stock in online user reviews would be to look at Captain Marvel.

As of this post, that movie has a 45% user rating on Rotten Tomatoes. This is out of 100,000 user reviews. In a vacuum, these numbers would have you believe the public must have absolutely HATED this movie. And yet...it went on to gross over a billion dollars.

Obviously, negative RT ratings =/= that a movie or series is actually unpopular. This is especially true when idiot Youtubers tried to get people frothing at the mouth about the movie or show long before it came out.

Now, here's the kicker. If you look back to see which Youtubers were ginning up anti-Captain Marvel sentiment long before it came out, you'll find Clownfish right in the thick of it. Furthermore, they were once again obsessed with character appearance. I am not going to give these guys any clicks, but they have videos for Captain Marvel with titles about how the character is "too ugly for China." And descriptions for Revelation talk about how "Teela...looks like a dude."

And there you have it. We have the same Youtubers making the same complaints that magically happen whenever a popular property has a strong female lead. And we have the same online users review bombing stuff like RT, impotently doing their part in a culture war that exists only in their heads.

Are there real critiques of Revelation? Sure! But when most of these negative reviews are repeating stuff from Youtubers who are repeating their own material (just cross out the old name and repeat the same arguments), well...it's tough to take that too seriously. And if you genuinely go to sleep at night thinking creators and studios are throwing away millions of dollars just to make you mad, I will humbly suggest you are taking YOURSELF way, way too seriously.

All I can say is, if I watch a movie or a TV show, and then I create an account on some metric-rating website I've never used before and probably never will again, JUST to express my outrage and tell the entire world just how angry I am... if I have any self-awareness whatsoever, I'm immediately questioning every single priority I have and wondering why I didn't just do Literally Anything Else At All with that time or energy.

"They just want to make themselves heard!"

We've all got that right, about anything and everything. But if you care THAT much - "I've never even clicked on this site before, but now I just HAVE to go online and Zero-Star the hell out of this thing just so everyone knows exactly how I feel!" - then I'm sorry, your priorities are skewed. Doubly so if we're talking about cartoons. I'd challenge that hypothetical person to make a list of Every Single Thing they could have done within the time it took them to create said account, do the review-bomb, etc., and then I'd ask them if there was really anything gained by the exercise. Undoubtedly, the thing they actually did do would end up being the LEAST productive thing on the list. And yet, it's the thing they actually did.

At the end of the day, it's just more impotent rage spewed out into a universe that's overflowing with it already. "Having the right" to waste one's time like that doesn't MAKE it right. Or productive to a single thing at all.

To be clear, this isn't about people wanting to say they hated the show. It's about people who would go to such questionable lengths to "make themselves heard".

And yeah, before anyone tries to play a "gotcha" game with me, honestly I'd probably side-eye anyone who did the same thing for the sole purpose of expressing a positive review, too. If a person has never used one of those dumb metric sites before, and ends up never using it again, then yeah, whether the One Review they left was 0-stars OR 5-stars, I'm wondering what the heck they were thinking in that moment where they just couldn't help but get something off their chest, considering they never cared so strongly Before or Since. And once more, doubly so if that One Thing that got them so fired up was a cartoon show.
    ----------------------------

On the subject of those metric sites in general, I can't even look at them, they're stupid and they're broken. I can't keep track of all the "negative" reviews I've seen on RT, of just about ANY thing, where the entire review is full of praise, the critic will recommend it, give it a 3 out of 5, and so on... and then because one line of the review says something like, "There are a few clumsy bits and the movie/show doesn't break any new ground", or something innocuous like that, RT will label the review as "Rotten". Despite the fact that it's a positive review! I cannot even tell you how many times I've seen this happen, as I'm a person who actually takes the time to read an entire review and not just the blurb. Many, MANY of those "Fresh" or "Rotten" reviews do NOT actually match the text of the review they're attached to. But most people don't read the text, they read the blurb, they see that little "Fresh" or "Rotten" logo, and for them, that's all they need to know.

I honestly haven't looked at any of the "reviews" on those sites for Revelation, because as I mentioned, for the above-cited reasons I just washed my hands of all that crap ages ago. So I can't speak to specifics in this case. But I will say, if it's in ANY way similar to how so many of the "negative" reviews about other movies and shows on that site are graded, then a lot of those "Negative" reviews are probably only "negative" because the author happened to say "such-and-such could've been better." That's literally all it takes for RT to label a review "Rotten" even if every single other thing in the text is praise. Why anyone puts stock in such nonsense, I'll never know. "I know their system is broken to the point of being worthless... but ON THIS DAY, the information it presents reinforces my own opinion, and therefore it is useful to me!" Good grief.

I can definitely believe that more people hate Revelation than liked it. I mean, to me, it's pretty obvious just based on what people say in general. Or at the very least, the people who hate it, hate it more than the people who like it, like it. But at the same time, I don't hold up metric rating websites of all things as somehow being "proof" of that.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Clownfish does not have a problem with original 80,s female leads like Jem and She Ra . Does not matter if they exist or not or you tube disappears .

Lots of folk still have a problem with political toons trying to manipulate older hardcore fans with nostalgia bait while woking newer fans . Yes clownfish is capitalizing but they are also quite correct .

Free speech sucks hey ? Might I recommend checking out Skeletor Reacts tube vids . The man does an amazing Skeletor , cracks jokes and is as annoying as clownfish .
    Last edited by Lokus; Today at 12:23am.

Here's the thing, I don't think you'd be able to find too many fans (that liked the show) who wouldn't agree that it could have been better. Everyone, even the most enthusiastic fans, could probably think of something they would have liked to have seen done different. So there's always a critique to be left.
    Heck yeah. My gut reaction after watching it was 9/10. If I'm in a mood I might go to an 8. I can see others not agreeing, certainly. I got what *I* wanted out of it, to a degree, though. Personal mileage obviously varies.

BUT, were there things I didn't like, in spite of that "9/10" rating I initially gave it? Heck yeah, even on that day. To say that as an experience it was a "9/10" for me isn't the same as saying it's "almost perfect". Or that it was what I'd have written, were I in charge. Or even that I'd ask for some of what we got.

I was one of the first ones to say Randor's whole spiel was completely out-of-character. Grayskull being an illusion was never an idea I liked, even though it's a deep-cut bit of Actual Canon (in some versions). I prefer Keldor Skeletor. I hate Teela's redesign (although I kind of stopped caring about it halfway through Episode 2). The stuff with Teela in Ep. 4 was so blatantly ripped from "The Empire Strikes Back" that it goes beyond merely being an "homage". The pacing of the entire first half was obviously rushed. The CGI vehicles were distracting. The music left almost no impression on me. "No Glove, No Love" was terrible. Terrible! And, of course, selfishly, I wanted to see more He-Man.

And, of course, the biggest, most unforgivable sin of all... Tri-Klops, and his "Pope Of Chili-Town" Hat. I will rage against that damn hat until my dying breath. And the doctors who pull my plug are gonna be completely confused as to what the hell I'm talking about, and chalk it up to dementia, I'm sure. "He died whispering something about 'sticking that hat up Tri-Klops's rear end'. Does that mean anything to you?" "...What the hell is a Tri-Klops?" "I don't know. Guy had a mullet, I'm pretty sure he was crazy. You want pizza or Thai for lunch?" That's probably how it'll go.

Anyways. In spite of all that, I stand by my rating. Maybe that seems strange to some folks. "How can you have SO many issues with it, and still say it's a 9/10?" Simply put, I liked the parts I liked more than I hated the parts I didn't. The stuff I don't like, REALLY just doesn't bother me THAT much, I can't help it.

Except The Hat. I will revise my entire rating to an unconditional 10/10 and a shiny gold star, if in Episode 6 Skeletor rips that hat off and stuffs it down Tri-Klops's throat while telling him he looks like a moron.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Quote Originally Posted by PocketEpiphany View Post
    The easiest way to understand why you shouldn't put that much stock in online user reviews would be to look at Captain Marvel.

As of this post, that movie has a 45% user rating on Rotten Tomatoes. This is out of 100,000 user reviews. In a vacuum, these numbers would have you believe the public must have absolutely HATED this movie. And yet...it went on to gross over a billion dollars.

Obviously, negative RT ratings =/= that a movie or series is actually unpopular. This is especially true when idiot Youtubers tried to get people frothing at the mouth about the movie or show long before it came out.

Now, here's the kicker. If you look back to see which Youtubers were ginning up anti-Captain Marvel sentiment long before it came out, you'll find Clownfish right in the thick of it. Furthermore, they were once again obsessed with character appearance. I am not going to give these guys any clicks, but they have videos for Captain Marvel with titles about how the character is "too ugly for China." And descriptions for Revelation talk about how "Teela...looks like a dude."

And there you have it. We have the same Youtubers making the same complaints that magically happen whenever a popular property has a strong female lead. And we have the same online users review bombing stuff like RT, impotently doing their part in a culture war that exists only in their heads.

Are there real critiques of Revelation? Sure! But when most of these negative reviews are repeating stuff from Youtubers who are repeating their own material (just cross out the old name and repeat the same arguments), well...it's tough to take that too seriously. And if you genuinely go to sleep at night thinking creators and studios are throwing away millions of dollars just to make you mad, I will humbly suggest you are taking YOURSELF way, way too seriously.
    Yes, Captain Marvel is a fantastic movie, and one of my personal favorites of the MCU.

While these youtube jokers were running around in circles looking like prepubescent fools, Disney just sat back and laughed all the way to the bank.

I hope that Mattel / Netflix do the exact same thing concerning Revelation. The minute they let the "fans" start dictating the direction of the franchise, is the day we need to really start worrying.

I feel bad for anyone who hangs on to the words of these youtube yokels... not only are they putting money into the pockets of these dirtbags, but they're depriving themselves of making their own choices.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    Don't feel bad Rik, you're not stupid for seeing potential in something where others can't. You're a showbiz guy through and through, you put your own neck on the line for the entertainment of others, and that too isn't easy. Anything you can do to unwind, be it watching some animated escapism, toy collecting, video essays, is part and parcel of you indulging in a passion that rivals all the 'clickhate' you see out there...and good on you for doing it.

Your hobbies shouldn't prove as exhausting as the demands of your job. Don't be discouraged. I may have been taken in a lot by all the rageaholics out there because of how mixed I feel towards 'Revelation' and what it did wrong and may have said a few bull-headed things, but I would never wish to discourage anyone that did like it from feeling as if they had wasted their time. If you love it, all the love to you, I know you'll never dismiss a whole contingent as a 'minority' that 'doesn't matter', you're the type that doesn't bury your head in the sand when enjoying what you enjoy, and you don't trash fans of the original show or toyline at every opportunity unlike the SPOP fanbase and some other MOTUR fans I won't mention. You respect the past and live for the present

I just prefer to stick up for those vocal against it because without criticism or people keeping their fingers on the cultural pulse, everything would be '10/10, great and brilliant' and there would be no variety whatsoever. The Marvel movies get away with this sort of praise all the time and it dismays me...because most of the movies are just plain awful and they get worse when they go unopposed.
    You're a good egg, man. That's why we'll always be bros, in spite of the fact that on some things, we have a wide gulf of disagreement.

Y'know, it's weird how that happens, sometimes. I always thought me and Andrew over at That Other Place weren't on good terms, since we've had a lot of pretty serious disagreements over the last 20 years. Not "nasty" ones, just... lots of "Yeah, we 100% do not agree on this and never will" type of stuff. Turns out we were always buddies and I just never knew until a year or two ago.

That kind of thing is heartwarming, I think. And should serve as an example to others.

...I'm always with you on Marvel movies, though. You know that by now, I think. Rather snip that little piece of skin that connects my bottom lip to my gums, but that's me.
    Last edited by Rikki Roxx; Today at 12:31am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    You're a good egg, man. That's why we'll always be bros, in spite of the fact that on some things, we have a wide gulf of disagreement.

Y'know, it's weird how that happens, sometimes. I always thought me and Andrew over at That Other Place weren't on good terms, since we've had a lot of pretty serious disagreements over the last 20 years. Not "nasty" ones, just... lots of "Yeah, we 100% do not agree on this and never will" type of stuff. Turns out we were always buddies and I just never knew until a year or two ago.
    I'm like that with Andrew too. I sometimes used to respond to him with crassness whenever he went on his 'plant' spiel, then gradually I found his responses were largely pretty civil despite the hang-ups he had on the FW TMNT show and what not, and now I don't mind him at all.