Page 345 of 363 FirstFirst ... 245295335343344345346347355 ... LastLast
Results 8,601 to 8,625 of 9061

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Netflix Series

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Magic View Post
    I see evidence to the contrary in these very forums, so I'd disagree this assessment. I'd say it's more just plain ol' variations in taste and sensibility.
    I may be misunderstanding who you're responding to. Are you saying that you've seen evidence on a MOTU message board that shows non-fans wouldn't possibly like it more?
    "A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him."

Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    I may be misunderstanding who you're responding to. Are you saying that you've seen evidence on a MOTU message board that shows non-fans wouldn't possibly like it more?
    Sorry. I should have quoted it. I was responding to this:

Quote Originally Posted by JSElshoff View Post
    I agree with that impression. People who are either not die-hard He-Man fans or who are not attached to the previously created lore (Filmation, MYP, etc.) seem to like Revelation a lot better.
    - - - - -
    ForEternia.com
    Masters of the Universe: Revelation Fan Site

- - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    My main canon, Filmation, treated Spikor terribly. And he wasn't in MYP, so as far as I was concerned, I guess he could maybe do that... it didn't bother me. I had a lot of other things that bothered me. I didn't really care because I had more or less washed my hands of the series.

But if I had a preference, Spikor wouldn't be a magical character. And I don't know how all those spikes come out of what we know is his trident unless you bring magic into it. I don't think MOTUR did right by Spikor, but I wasn't upset.
    I can easily understand. He got a better showing than most of the Evil Warriors. I personally am a Clawful fan so it was a let down to see him do a simple bear hug (which I guess he was just going to hold forever) and then get swept away.

I haven't gone back and re-watched but did Teela swing in and kick Spikor in his spiked head?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry. I should have quoted it. I was responding to this:
    I gotcha. I somewhat agree. I just think someone who's not as familiar with the line could watch it and enjoy it not knowing any better. But I'd also agree with you in that fans could easily love it even more so than a non-fan.

I haven't gone back and re-watched but did Teela swing in and kick Spikor in his spiked head?
    He was kicked in the back.
    - - - - -
    ForEternia.com

- - - - -

He was kicked in the back.
    Ok but still in the spikes? I remember thinking at the time that his armor is like a defining trait and she kicked right through it?

Ok but still in the spikes? I remember thinking at the time that his armor is like a defining trait and she kicked right through it?
    I didn't notice, lol. I guess she has on spike-proof boots. Poor Spikor, his power being easily defeated by a pair of boots.

Well, if Clawful was bear-hugging, you can crush someone or suffocate them. Maybe that was the end game for that move.

‹ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JSElshoff View Post
    Like so many things in Revelation, this seemingly wasn't thought through by the writers. A Sorceress able to leave Castle Grayskull clearly weakens the importance of He-Man and renders him more of a warrior sidekick. Ironically, if they continue to portray the power of Grayskull as inconsistently as they have in the first season, this won't be a big issue. The "power of plot" will find a way to somehow limit Teela's immense magical influence and give He-Man/Adam something to do.
    The Sorceress was able to leave Grayskull in both the Filmation cartoon and the vintage minicomics. Did those instances weaken the importance of He-Man too, or nah?

See, this is when we get a wee little bit too nitpicky for my tastes. There are some crazy unbelievable gravity and logic defying feats and abilities and events that occur in all of MOTU, to get stuck on this one.

But hopefully this will make everyone sleep better! Teela's boot appears to have perhaps avoided the spikes by kicking the side of his backplate! Hooray!!!

- - - - -
    ForEternia.com

- - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    The Sorceress was able to leave Grayskull in both the Filmation cartoon and the vintage minicomics.
    I remember He-Man wondering about this and she said that the three towers 'changed everything' or something. But yeah, that was a minicomic issue that intended to change a lot of things about the lore and I think paved the way for He-Man 200x (Randor becoming a 'player', the Keldor origin, Scareglow, etc.)

See, this is when we get a wee little bit too nitpicky for my tastes. There are some crazy unbelievable gravity and logic defying feats and abilities and events that occur in all of MOTU, to get stuck on this one.

But hopefully this will make everyone sleep better! Teela's boot appears to have perhaps avoided the spikes by kicking the side of his backplate! Hooray!!!

https://i.ibb.co/8sRdcfF/IMG-20211206-132936.jpg
    https://i.ibb.co/k6mgX6g/IMG-20211206-132919.jpg
    I commend your love for the show! You always come with the evidence

My comment on her boot defeating his spikes was more or less a joke. I didn't even notice during the show or think it odd.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    The Sorceress was able to leave Grayskull in both the Filmation cartoon and the vintage minicomics. Did those instances weaken the importance of He-Man too, or nah?
    Not for me.

Teela's mega-powers at the end of MOTUR did though. For me. I'm not whining about it though. This show wasn't for me. That's fine.

I really am just being nitpicky towards my Evil Warriors and how they were (in many cases barely) presented. If you're like me and were big MOTU "bad guys" fan, Revelation didn't give you a whole lot to enjoy.

https://i.ibb.co/8sRdcfF/IMG-20211206-132936.jpg
    https://i.ibb.co/k6mgX6g/IMG-20211206-132919.jpg
    Looking at this pic of Spikor, maybe there could be spike ammunition in the red cartridge on his hand. I guess it's possible, since this Spikor's trident doesn't actually extend. I mean, maybe. I can go with it I guess. Mekaneck's neck from MYP can't fit inside his torso.

- - - Updated - - -

I really am just being nitpicky towards my Evil Warriors and how they were (in many cases barely) presented. If you're like me and were big MOTU "bad guys" fan, Revelation didn't give you a whole lot to enjoy.
    Yeah, and the ancillary "good guys" were underrepresented too. There was so much time to do something with them. Oh well. At least they didn't butcher the story to sell more toys.

I commend your love for the show! You always come with the evidence
    lol thanks

My comment on her boot defeating his spikes was more or less a joke. I didn't even notice during the show or think it odd.
    Yeah, it's such a quick moment.

Overall, I think it becomes a case of... if you like something, you dont notice or focus on its flaws, but if you dislike something, sometimes you go searching for flaws to shine a spotlight on them.
    - - - - -
    ForEternia.com

- - - - -

Overall, I think it becomes a case of... if you like something, you dont notice or focus on its flaws, but if you dislike something, sometimes you go searching for flaws to shine a spotlight on them.
    I think it's also fair to say that sometimes we can dislike something because of the flaws.

I only brought it up because I'm a fan of Spikor and his "thing" is that you can't touch him because of his spiked armor. So to see him defeated by being kicked (in what at the time looked to me to be spikes) stood out to me.

It's like how I was as a kid, sometimes watching She-ra. I wanted to see Grizzlor and especially Leech. You soaked in those little moments because it was all you had.

lol thanks

Yeah, it's such a quick moment.

I have found that to be true. People in general don't often know all the reasons why they like or dislike something. And then on a discussion forum someone asks you why you do/don't like it, and you go fishing more than you might if you weren't trying to defend yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's also fair to say that sometimes we can dislike something because of the flaws.

I only brought it up because I'm a fan of Spikor and his "thing" is that you can't touch him because of his spiked armor. So to see him defeated by being kicked (in what at the time looked to me to be spikes) stood out to me.

It's like how I was as a kid, sometimes watching She-ra. I wanted to see Grizzlor and especially Leech. You soaked in those little moments because it was all you had.
    I also agree with you. If there are enough flaws, you can start to dislike something.

And there are aspects of a show/film that are more important to different people. Going into that are your expectations for the genre or the property you are watching. There are things I would forgive a MOTU cartoon that I would not forgive a film made by Christopher Nolan or Steven Spielberg or whatever famous director you put in there. Likewise, I don't need full character portraits in a horror film, but if you are selling me a drama, I do expect them.

Widget
    I would actually assume a person completely unfamiliar with MOTU would be more likely to enjoy it (overall) than a fan.
    This is me. I have 0 prior experience with MOTU barring the She-Ra Netflix show. I think the first half of Revelations was middling at its best moments, but the second half was much better. Overall, I'd give it a 7/10—not amazing, but not bad either. The animation is fantastic, though. I really, REALLY hope we get a second season so I can see where these cliffhangers lead.

I watched the first season of the CGI show, and it was fun, but for me personally, it's aiming for an audience too young for me to fully enjoy as an adult (despite loving the heck out of She-Ra). I'll give the rest of it a watch, but I'm not nearly as invested in it continuing as this show.

I'd also love to see more MOTU comics after falling in love with the omnibus.

I was in Target the other day waiting for my gf and I stumbled on some MOTU Revelations toys and got dangerously close to buying my first action figures...

Quote Originally Posted by Audelay View Post
    This is me. I have 0 prior experience with MOTU barring the She-Ra Netflix show. I think the first half of Revelations was middling at its best moments, but the second half was much better. Overall, I'd give it a 7/10ónot amazing, but not bad either. The animation is fantastic, though. I really, REALLY hope we get a second season so I can see where these cliffhangers lead.
    I think this was me when watching the Castlevania Netflix series. It maybe wasn't true to the all the games and the writing/dialog wasn't always spectacular but I watched it with no expectations and loved it.

This is me. I have 0 prior experience with MOTU barring the She-Ra Netflix show. I think the first half of Revelations was middling at its best moments, but the second half was much better. Overall, I'd give it a 7/10ónot amazing, but not bad either. The animation is fantastic, though. I really, REALLY hope we get a second season so I can see where these cliffhangers lead.

I watched the first season of the CGI show, and it was fun, but for me personally, it's aiming for an audience too young for me to fully enjoy as an adult (despite loving the heck out of She-Ra). I'll give the rest of it a watch, but I'm not nearly as invested in it continuing as this show.

I'd also love to see more MOTU comics after falling in love with the omnibus.

I was in Target the other day waiting for my gf and I stumbled on some MOTU Revelations toys and got dangerously close to buying my first action figures...
    Welcome to the thread!

So do you prefer the Revelations Masterverse figures to the Origins figures? They should have been hanging side by side at Target. I'm just curious since you are new to MOTU. I'm guessing you prefer Revelations since that's what you almost bought, but maybe your Target was out of Origins.

It's a dangerous thing to dabble in. I had stopped collecting for a decade, and then was just going to get He-Man and Skeletor and Battle Cat of the Origins line. Now I have all of them, all the vehicles, Castle Grayskull, most of the exclusives and all the Masterverse Revelations too (at least the ones that are out so far and findable - the rest I have on preorder). I even have most of the Eternia Minis and MegaConstrux.

Just be careful out there.

I haven't made it through the CGI show either. I watched 2 episodes. I thought they were good but I just haven't watched the rest yet. And I'm not buying those figures - I'm out of room.

This is awesome, welcome to the fandom Audelay!

The danger is real! I swore to myself that I wasn't going to purchase any figures... and now 10 episodes later I currently own Skelegod, Moss Man and Scare Glow!
    - - - - -
    ForEternia.com

- - - - -

Revelations did all the Minions dirty, Spikor was no exception, looks touchable to me.. See right there. Trap jaws lack of anything besides dying and coming back, Beast Man was just.... Aweful. To anybody who liked seeing him that way...NO... They up his intelligence to make him act like a dog.... Webstor being stopped by simply cutting his webline... I so want these characters to have time to shine done right by powerhouse studios rather than be a 3 second cameo. Guy can dream.

I think this was me when watching the Castlevania Netflix series. It maybe wasn't true to the all the games and the writing/dialog wasn't always spectacular but I watched it with no expectations and loved it.
    Yup, I know the world, lore, history and development of the Castlevania franchise better than the back of my own hand... I was a regular contributor on the Castlvania Dungeon for years and held a CV NES speedrun / points record for a time. It is a franchise that I have cherished since 1986 and probably the only other IP that I love as much as (or more than) MOTU.

I could EASILY pick apart the Netflix series. Detail every inconsistency and plot hole. I could analyze every nit worth picking and then some. But, instead, I choose to enjoy it for what it is... a well animated take on a world that I very much love and in which I am very invested.

I do the same for Revelation, which has brought me so much more joy than not. I choose to focus on the positives - which unequivocally outweigh the negatives in my book.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Widget
    Welcome to the thread!

So do you prefer the Revelations Masterverse figures to the Origins figures? They should have been hanging side by side at Target. I'm just curious since you are new to MOTU. I'm guessing you prefer Revelations since that's what you almost bought, but maybe your Target was out of Origins.

It's a dangerous thing to dabble in. I had stopped collecting for a decade, and then was just going to get He-Man and Skeletor and Battle Cat of the Origins line. Now I have all of them, all the vehicles, Castle Grayskull, most of the exclusives and all the Masterverse Revelations too (at least the ones that are out so far and findable - the rest I have on preorder). I even have most of the Eternia Minis and MegaConstrux.

Just be careful out there.

I haven't made it through the CGI show either. I watched 2 episodes. I thought they were good but I just haven't watched the rest yet. And I'm not buying those figures - I'm out of room.
    Thanks! I think the Revelations Masterverse figures look way better than the comparatively simplistic less fancy Origins figures (a few of which were also at Target), but I'm sure that's only because I've just become aware of MOTU in my late 20s and didn't grow up with it at all. No nostalgia for the older stuff.

I was certainly tempted by the figures, but at the end of the day, my big hobby is comics and I don't have the space, time, nor money for another one right now. Heh. Maybe I'll eat my words sometime next year...

- - - Updated - - -

This is awesome, welcome to the fandom Audelay!

The danger is real! I swore to myself that I wasn't going to purchase any figures... and now 10 episodes later I currently own Skelegod, Moss Man and Scare Glow!
    Thanks! I nearly put Skelegod into my Amazon cart when I was making a boring household items order... looks like such a cool piece, and for only half the price of the one I saw in Target. I'm going to need to do a rewatch sometime soon and dive into the original MOTU cartoons. Are they readily available to stream, or will I need to hunt down VHS/discs?

Thanks! I think the Revelations Masterverse figures look way better than the comparatively simplistic less fancy Origins figures (a few of which were also at Target), but I'm sure that's only because I've just become aware of MOTU in my late 20s and didn't grow up with it at all. No nostalgia for the older stuff.

I was certainly tempted by the figures, but at the end of the day, my big hobby is comics and I don't have the space, time, nor money for another one right now. Heh. Maybe I'll eat my words sometime next year...

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks! I nearly put Skelegod into my Amazon cart when I was making a boring household items order... looks like such a cool piece, and for only half the price of the one I saw in Target. I'm going to need to do a rewatch sometime soon and dive into the original MOTU cartoons. Are they readily available to stream, or will I need to hunt down VHS/discs?
    Full list of the 200x series from 2000. Also called MYP, or Mike Young Productions. You might fare better with this as it's a more mature take, ie, for an older audience.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...RI40Iq3PZyG3PL

- - - Updated - - -

And here's the original. A much more kid oriented take. Its still my favorite but a lot of people say it doesn't hold up.

Try them both and see what you think.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...TmYLMYhKuJ3TVe

- - - Updated - - -

Also, there is a 4 issue prequel Revelation comic run, in case you didn't know, since you collect comics.

- - - Updated - - -

Try that 2nd episode of the original... Teela's Quest. That series can be watched in any order. MYP you'll want to watch in order for the most part. Teela's quest somewhat pertains to Revelation.

Looking ahead to a potential season 2, does anyone know the status of if/how Mattel can use the She-Ra characters? I know Dreamworks owns Filmation, SPOP, and is working on a live action version. Could Mattel use the toy likenesses of the characters for a Revelation season 2? What about a character like Despara, who was created by Mattel as separate from either Filmation or SPOP?

Skelegod is a wild figure. I'm ultimately pleased I bit the bullet on that one, especially after his presentation in Part Two.

Regarding having to hunt down discs...

Nope, all the episodes of the original classic Filmation Series "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe" that started in 1983 are officially / legally on YouTube. This classic series is not only the most celebrated, but the only series that counts in terms of this new series Revelation. Meaning "Masters of the Universe: Revelation" (2021) is the follow-up to "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe" (1983) and doesn't recognize the events of other shows that have been released. (One of Revelation's producers revealed they made 3 minor changes to the original show's lore though / you'll find them out as you watch).

Official YouTube Channel:
    https://youtube.com/user/HeMan

Here's the Episode Order:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...verse_episodes

And definitely check out the Masters of the Universe Revelation Prequel comics #1-4 if you want more Revelation story. The Revelation prequel series actually truly enriched the main story, real substance to sink your teeth into that enhances the main Revelation story thus far... probably because the writers from the show were also responsible for the prequel comic stories!

The comics are digitally available for $1.99 each US over at Amazon/Comixology if you're interested, or your local comic shop.
    Last edited by Voodoo Magic; December 7, 2021 at 12:17am.
    - - - - -
    ForEternia.com

- - - - -