Page 103 of 210 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 5228

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Netflix Series

‹ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by InThe80s View Post
    Either way people have a right to vent their frustrations. This is not some child's temper tantrum but legitimate criticism of concepts being presented.
    What would you call men who get frustrated with their own imagined scenarios? How can they have legitimate criticisms of things they do not even know to be the case? It seems like a lot of borrowed fear to me. Not exactly what I would characterize as reasonable or rational.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolaidas View Post
    I can give you a lengthy answer as to why it's more than sad some men are afraid of powerful women, but this isn't the place.
    I have a little more insight and opinions than I let on but yeah, this probably isn’t the place

I'll just say that there are two sides to every coin and while some people can be 'accused' of just caring about eye candy, it could be argued that they are worried that the recent trend of pop culture is about glorifying plain-ness and making people (especially women) aspire to mediocrity and leave it at that (which is ironic, considering that MotU used to visually glorify physical perfection and attractiveness - in both men and women).
    I also accept that for many, having heated arguments, discussions, speculating and what-not is a big part of how they express their fandom and love for these properties. I would never want to take that away from anyone.

- - - Updated - - -

It is clearly stated this series is for adults who are nostalgic for the original series in the '80s. So of course extreme character redesigns or character deaths is going to ruffle some feathers. Nobody wants to see He-Man replaced by Teela. Even people who think it is a false rumor don't want to see that. Either way people have a right to vent their frustrations. This is not some child's temper tantrum but legitimate criticism of concepts being presented.
    It is hard not to see some as temper tantrums. Some have well thought out, researched and educated opinions and a bunch seem to be just going off the made up story playing in their head

I absolutely agree with you Glasstor, I am definitely going into this new MOTU series with heart and mind ready for awesomeness!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I absolutely agree with you Glasstor, I am definitely going into this new MOTU series with heart and mind ready for awesomeness!
    Yeah, Iíve given myself permission to love it. I can critique it after I see it. Iím just too excited about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    Yeah, Iíve given myself permission to love it. I can critique it after I see it. Iím just too excited about it!
    I also hope both the Revelation and CGI MOTU series come to DVD as well so I can have a full MOTU/POP/NA collection with all the different versions and the 1987 movie.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by smanomega View Post
    What people have to understand about sites ( or parasites in some cases ) like clown fish is that clicks are cash. They don't know or care half the time one way or the other because stiring the pot helps fill their pockets.....

Has a lot of bad stuff happened in pop culture lately... You better believe it....but man.... enough already. Another day down.
    Idk how people haven't caught onto stuff like this yet. Doomcock, Cosmic Book, Clown Fish, We've Got This Covered, Quartering, One Angry Gamer, etc are all taking advantage of what almost seems to be a desire to hate things in order to get clicks/ad revenue. Their "leaks" rarely come true. I'd trust German Burger King ads more than them (that was one of the greatest and most bizarre moments in internet history ngl).

Idk, as a Star Wars fan, I've more or less learned to not watch YouTube stuff because more often than not, it ends up being a circlejerk with no basis in reality, and I have a feeling this is the same deal.

- - - Updated - - -

On a more positive note, apparently Kevin Smith has a plan for a season two if Netflix will greenlight it. I really hope it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    On a more positive note, apparently Kevin Smith has a plan for a season two if Netflix will greenlight it. I really hope it happens.
    This is the first I've heard of this... where'd that nugget come from?
    Even if I had to wait another two years, I would love if this iteration of MOTU were to be an "event" series type of thing every so often (rather than something ongoing in the sense of past shows like MYP, Filmation, etc), with each "season" being a 10-episode epic story of some sort.
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Even if I had to wait another two years, I would love if this iteration of MOTU were to be an "event" series type of thing every so often (rather than something ongoing in the sense of past shows like MYP, Filmation, etc), with each "season" being a 10-episode epic story of some sort.
    He mentioned it on Twitter a couple of days ago.

Don't think, that'll only confuse you.

Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post

Totally awesome, I hope this comes to pass! The more MOTU the better!

- - - Updated - - -

This sounds awesome and amazing too!

I'm not sure I could stand the two year wait myself, but I totally get where you are coming from. Keep the series tight, focused, and deep rather than spamming episodes week after week.

With the latter scenario the pressure to deliver to tight deadlines for weeks or months on end could potentially take a toll on quality. Writers and animators might get burnt out. But making more of an epic mini-series that delves deeper into character exploration and story exposition would be awesome! Plus my wallet would have some time to recover between series!

I'm glad they decided to split the episodes up into two parts. -- That way they can green-light season two in July or August AND still have some episodes in their back pocket to give us later on... so the wait doesn't feel quite so long. Allegedly (according to an Italian licensing magazine), Season 1 Part 2 is coming in January 2022. So, they can probably get 5 or 6 months work done on Season 2 by the time Part 2 drops...lol

On a side note, I'm hoping for more 80s songs in future trailers/teasers. I think they should go with some Patty Smyth (Scandal) in the next one.

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos88 View Post
    Her masculinity is threatened too...?

Where is that story trailer?!
    I'd just like to point out that this is the same person who felt the need to let us all know she though a design in the background here looked like a (male reproductive organ):

CFp.JPG

She also basically said that the muscular picture of Teela, minus the head, was "basically a dude". Now I don't know if any of you know what "Geeky Sparkles" looks like in real life, but I couldn't help but wonder while thinking about her critique of a female with a fit, muscular figure.

"Kneon" talks about "boob armor" in this same video. Not armor to protect the heart and other vitals mind you. Just boobs.
    "To a great mind, nothing is little."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dina M View Post
    He mentioned it on Twitter a couple of days ago.
    If Kevin Smith is happy enough doing this to monopolize "MotU for adults" mini-serieses that take this long to come out (two years in development, then rumored to be six months between 5-episode drops), I wish Mattel and Netflix would offer Joe Straczynski "continue She-Ra, this time with a story arc like all your later shows" while he's still alive and of sound mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post

She also basically said that the muscular picture of Teela, minus the head, was "basically a dude". Now I don't know if any of you know what "Geeky Sparkles" looks like in real life, but I couldn't help but wonder while thinking about her critique of a female with a fit, muscular figure.
    So you're inadvertently saying she's fat to justify your disregarding her opinion on a character design? Nice.

If you don't like Clownfish or their opinions just ignore them. All the bickering back and forth and implying people that are worried about the show are sexist is getting old. Let's just wait and see what the show has in store for us

Just to be clear, I did not call anyone a manchild, but rather referred to people who call the Revelations complainers as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    She also basically said that the muscular picture of Teela, minus the head, was "basically a dude".
    She has a point, though. Crop that image to show just the body and not the head and you can easily mistake the bodytype for that of a slender, athletic man.

I don't necessarily agree with Geeky Sparkles that Teela's emo design is puke material, but it *does* resemble a male body rather than a female one.

Of course, there are many types of clothing and armor in real life that can give such an 'effect' to the women who wear them, but it's questionable whether the motive for Teela's new design is realism or wokeness.

This is stupid.

My brother makes full suits of metal armor, Teela's armor looks great, that is what actual real female armor looks like.
    Armor with boobs wasn't a thing as the shape would funnel the sword towards your body and get you killed in battle. I never liked armor with boobs.

“Let’s begin by stating the simple purpose of plate armor — to deflect blows from weaponry. Assuming that you are avoiding the blow of a sword, your armor should be designed so that the blade glances off your body, away from your chest. If your armor is breast-shaped, you are in fact increasing the likelihood that a blade blow will slide inward, toward the center of your chest, the very place you are trying to keep safe.”
    Last edited by BadVermin; June 24, 2021 at 12:46pm.
    Check out my Etsy page for items ready to ship.
    Contact BadVermin for all your custom projects and repaints.

Quote Originally Posted by BadVermin View Post
    This is stupid.

My brother makes full suits of metal armor, Teela's armor looks great, that is what actual real female armor looks like.
    Armor with boobs wasn't a thing as the shape would funnel the sword towards your body and get you killed in battle. I never liked armor with boobs.
    Everybody has a preference, but in terms of IPs, it's a nice idea to respect the source material.

And if we're going for realism, Evil Lynn's arms make no sense at all. She's a spellcaster, not a heavyweight lifter.

Heroic Warrior
    Of course, there are many types of clothing and armor in real life that can give such an 'effect' to the women who wear them, but it's questionable whether the motive for Teela's new design is realism or wokeness.
    Teela and Evil-Lyn's new designs (and Andra) are red flags because wearing pants is loaded with sociological connotations in the art team's culture that don't exist on Eternia. Why would Eternian women think pants = Strong when no one wore them before except male children in Filmation and Rio Blast? Are they trying to prove they're strong like Rio?
    Hopefully this worldbuilding brainfart will just be a superficial mistake and the show will be otherwise great.

Heroic Warrior
    Everybody has a preference, but in terms of IPs, it's a nice idea to respect the source material.

And if we're going for realism, Evil Lynn's arms make no sense at all. She's a spellcaster, not a heavyweight lifter.
    Everyone in Eternia looks like that. I still remember the Robot Chicken skit where Skeletorís banker was jacked (and tells him to sublet Snake Mountain to get some profit).

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynaman View Post
    Everyone in Eternia looks like that. I still remember the Robot Chicken skit where Skeletorís banker was jacked (and tells him to sublet Snake Mountain to get some profit).
    Some take on MotU should have a scene where Teela, Evil-Lyn and all the male characters who share He-Man's arms and legs are shown doing the same gym routine on the same days. The women are only less jacked because of hormones.

So you're inadvertently saying she's fat to justify your disregarding her opinion on a character design? Nice.
    I said "I couldn't help but wonder" and still do not know what she looks like. Pretty crummy thing for you to say.

I was pointing out that some people who do not care for way they look tend to look for flaws in others to feel better about themselves. It was in a way to say her "femininity is being threatened". I also pointed out her wiener comment and her husband alluding to the fact that if Teela isn't showing off her bust line while wearing a battle bikini, she must be a "dude". My main point being that the opinions expressed seemed very childish and somewhat sexist.

I used to be in the gym a lot and have family that work as both coach's and trainers. I see very muscular, fit girls on the regular so this image of Teela, not wearing some revealing outfit, does not make me think she looks like a man.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynaman View Post
    LMAO - I missed that episode. I love Robot Chicken.

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    What if it is a woman or women being critical? Such as the woman from Clownfish.
    The statement Glasstor originally made was directed at the male-centric narrative aimed at a male-centric audience. You acknowledge this:

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    ...not just men, but surely the majority....
    With that in mind, it makes sense to counter a male-centric narrative the way he did.

Now to your question of women going along with this male-centric narrative:

If one person says "Women should have the right to vote," and another says "OH YEAH?! Well I've found a WOMAN who says they shouldn't!", the counterpoint doesn't really mean anything special, nor should it.

If Glasstor hypothetically listens to a Clownfish video and hypothetically says "well, that's some toxic masculinity garbage", that in no way implies "...and also all women are perfect and infallible and thus I can never disagree with them." It's not this pro-man vs. pro-woman dichotomy that some folks try to pretend (or maybe actually believe) it is. It's perfectly reasonable to simultaneously believe that some people promote a toxic agenda AND that women are capable of crap takes or being grifters. It's even possible that women can promote toxic masculinity or have reactionary views about women.

If you don't like Clownfish or their opinions just ignore them. All the bickering back and forth and implying people that are worried about the show are sexist is getting old. Let's just wait and see what the show has in store for us
    I don't care if Geeky Sparkles looks like a super model or a troll, her takes are trash so that's all the justification I need to disregard them.

I wish I could ignore Clownfish. I'd never even heard of them until a handful of folks on these forums began inundating threads with their propaganda.

There is no such thing as "female" armor. This is fantasy and they can choose make it look like whatever they want to. Teela already has an armored variant that they could have used. Instead they went with a hideous redesign that seems out of place for MOTU.

The optimistic side of me hopes when dude armor Teela meets up with Sorceress she slaps some sense into her and makes her put on something more appropriate for a goddess.

There is no such thing as "female" armor. This is fantasy and they can choose make it look like whatever they want to. Teela already has an armored variant that they could have used. Instead they went with a hideous redesign that seems out of place for MOTU.

The optimistic side of me hopes when dude armor Teela meets up with Sorceress she slaps some sense into her and makes her put on something more appropriate for a goddess.
    Well since this is a cartoon aimed at both kids and "older fans"...

Maybe they just wanted young girls to have hero's that don't have lingerie model bodies dressed in bikini style armor?