Page 319 of 323 FirstFirst ... 219269309317318319320321 ... LastLast
Results 7,951 to 7,975 of 8066

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Netflix Series

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    I think it's a bad thing that the hyperbolic caterwauling of some people means we will never, ever get another MOTU cartoon again after the CGI reboot runs its course, yes. People completely over-sold how "bad" this show was and ruined any chance of ever getting another one*; why would I be happy about that?
    I have to agree with this and it's pretty sad. The show isn't perfect but no show is, we can nitpick and pull apart any property or show from today or from the 80s if we wanted. I just think some fans should have been more forgiving and not rigidly hold onto their childhood version of MOTU as we were never going to get that today - if we had, it still would have been criticised. Yes the writing could have been better in places and the pacing was off, but I am will to overlook all that as MOTU really needed a massive shot in the arm to be brought back. It's unfortunately backfired for so many reasons and its bad for us. The bandwagon jumping on Youtube by fake fans slamming the show has been awful to watch.

I'll be very surprised if this now gets a Season 2 and I imagine once HMATMOTU is done, MOTU will be done for a while.
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

Mark M: I wasn't in the room either. All I know is that before the internet blew up with talk about "Kevin Smith's new He-Man cartoon!" two years ago or whenever it was, there wasn't any significant conversation going on out loud about any new MOTU cartoons. Nothing that made any ripples to even become rumor, as I recall.

His name being attached was 100% of the buzz. Again, look at the CGI reboot, which has gotten comparatively positive praise. Yet "nobody" watched it, and most people don't know it exists. Why not? No "name" attached to it. No "name", no buzz, no headlines, no project. If that show lasts long it'll be a minor miracle, considering how non-existent the buzz is.

I hate to be the spoiler, but MOTU isn't honestly very popular. "A new MOTU cartoon" isn't a headline. "KEVIN SMITH'S new MOTU cartoon" was the headline. It's the only reason anyone outside this forum showed up or had an opinion in the first place. His involvement got the show made, and his reputation got people to care, whether for Good or Bad.

For better or worse, without him the show doesn't get made, and the reboot probably doesn't either, because before the chatter about "Smith's new MOTU cartoon" all you ever heard was "Nobody cares about He-Man anymore, why bother?" The buzz around him before there was even a product to be seen demonstrated that there WAS still some spark left in the brand and that people might actually come out to watch a new show. Without that, it's just a bunch of suits throwing stuff at the wall aimlessly and hoping something sticks.

It's like when Nick made those terrible Ninja Turtles movies and had Michael Bay and Megan Fox attached. Everyone knew that was terrible, and said "Why did they get THEM?" The reason being: Because nobody actually cares about Ninja Turtles anymore and without Bay and Fox's names on it the movie doesn't get made at all, that's why. Granted, a world where those movies don't exist is a much BETTER world, but it doesn't change the point that those two people were the grease, and without them nothing happens and that brand stays dormant. It was a failed experiment, but the alternative would have been Nothing At All.

Kevin Smith, same thing. Granted, there are perhaps other, better-suited "name" talents who might have done a "better" job. But I honestly think that most of those people would think the job of developing a MOTU cartoon was beneath them, so that becomes a moot point. He's the guy they got, he's the only one who WANTED the job, and he gave what appears to be his sincere best effort.

If people hate the show so much they'd prefer another several decades of Nothing instead, that's their prerogative. But I'm not inclined to believe "They would've done a cartoon without him and it might even be more popular and successful!" I don't think that at all. I don't think there were ANY serious notions of doing any more MOTU cartoons until Smith demonstrated interest when approached. Maybe some light "What if we do this..." scenarios behind closed doors, but nothing concrete. I don't think Mattel and Netflix would have even pursued it any further if he'd said no.

Maybe I'm wrong; we'll never know. As usual, I only call what I see, and what I see is pretty clear and wide-open.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Heroic Warrior AntiEternia He-Man's Avatar
    I think it's a bad thing that the hyperbolic caterwauling of some people means we will never, ever get another MOTU cartoon again after the CGI reboot runs its course, yes. People completely over-sold how "bad" this show was and ruined any chance of ever getting another one*; why would I be happy about that?

I can understand this show not being "the show some people wanted or would have preferred" but I honestly don't think that makes it "a bad show". And I think since this show's failure means it's the last one we'll ever get in the "old-school aesthetic", some people would do well to appreciate what we have/had.

But I mean, we'll revisit this conversation in 30 years when the brand is "officially" dead and everyone's asking why they never did another show after this one. Should be interesting.

*I'm aware the CGI reboot exists and that many people are pinning all of their hopes and dreams for the franchise on it. Let's just say I find that to be some pretty heavy wishful thinking and that the jury's still out on how long that show will last, too. But you can put cash money on the table, Right Now... 80s-style MOTU will never be animated again. This was it. And people ruined it because "Not enough He-Man" and Teela's bad haircut. And that's why we can't have nice things.

- - - Updated - - -

And who were they talking to about doing a show BEFORE Kevin Smith showed up? Anyone? I kinda think it was No One, actually. Frankly I don't think anyone else even WANTED to do it. And I think even fewer people would be inclined Now, seeing just how "kind" the fans can be. Who'd want the hassle? Nobody who'd be worth the price tag, I'll tell you that much for free.
    I canít stand fanboys and the negativity that comes from just about any fandom anymore. I hate the kind of groupthink that leads to unjust trashing (or liking for that matter). I also very much try to give things the benefit of the doubt and donít care about what critics or the fandom thinks about something I like. All that said, itís not just the fans causing all this negativity. Now that the whole show is out, weíve got a look at some really bad, juvenile writing. Fisting Skeletor. My goodness.

While there certainly is unjust negativity in fanboy land, some of the terrible choices and writing is what will ultimately kill this (if it even does. Iím not so sure). I would be really into the show and then Kevin Smith would practically walk across the frame like one of George Lucasís added cgi monsters in the OT, completely blocking the good part, thus ruining it. While wrong is subjective with artistic choices, and change can be loathed for fear of change alone, all in all I think there were some pretty poor choices that strayed too far from the core.

I generally applaud risk taking, but I find it hard to believe that fisting Skeletor, Evil Lyn taking his ďpointĒ and other dialogue and story decisions were looked at as worthwhile risks to take for the franchise.

I too could have done without "The Fisto Meme" being referenced. That and "No Glove, No Love" were godawful.

I really didn't have much problem with the rest of it, though. The things most commonly being critiqued about the show's writing are pretty stock standard for action cartoons, or even other forms of entertainment. For example, jibernish made some interesting points, but at the same time, I see SO many other pieces of entertainment do the same things and yet they're not called on it, or at least not judged anywhere near as harshly just in general. The flaws aren't unique to this show, so even when something is cited that I do think is valid or fair, I also can't help but think, "So how come it's a mortal sin in This Show, but the same 'bad writing' is so easily ignored when it shows up in Marvel Movie #236?"

Selective criticism bugs me. Can't help it. And a TON of the grenades thrown at this show are very, VERY selective.

Without coming off like a total snob... if I want "good writing" I'll read a book, not watch a cartoon. If I'm sitting down to watch a cartoon where a guy in a loincloth with a magic sword is fighting a guy with a skull for a face and every character has a name that conveniently aligns with their specific skill/deformity... I'm not going to expect "high art".

I love this franchise more than I love oxygen. But it ain't effin' Shakespeare. It never was, so I certainly don't expect it to be. Not Then, and not Now.
    Last edited by Rikki Roxx; November 25, 2021 at 08:49am.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Mark M: I wasn't in the room either. All I know is that before the internet blew up with talk about "Kevin Smith's new He-Man cartoon!" two years ago or whenever it was, there wasn't any significant conversation going on out loud about any new MOTU cartoons. Nothing that made any ripples to even become rumor, as I recall.

His name being attached was 100% of the buzz. Again, look at the CGI reboot, which has gotten comparatively positive praise. Yet "nobody" watched it, and most people don't know it exists. Why not? No "name" attached to it. No "name", no buzz, no headlines, no project. If that show lasts long it'll be a minor miracle, considering how non-existent the buzz is.

I hate to be the spoiler, but MOTU isn't honestly very popular. "A new MOTU cartoon" isn't a headline. "KEVIN SMITH'S new MOTU cartoon" was the headline. It's the only reason anyone outside this forum showed up or had an opinion in the first place. His involvement got the show made, and his reputation got people to care, whether for Good or Bad.

For better or worse, without him the show doesn't get made, and the reboot probably doesn't either, because before the chatter about "Smith's new MOTU cartoon" all you ever heard was "Nobody cares about He-Man anymore, why bother?" The buzz around him before there was even a product to be seen demonstrated that there WAS still some spark left in the brand and that people might actually come out to watch a new show. Without that, it's just a bunch of suits throwing stuff at the wall aimlessly and hoping something sticks.

It's like when Nick made those terrible Ninja Turtles movies and had Michael Bay and Megan Fox attached. Everyone knew that was terrible, and said "Why did they get THEM?" The reason being: Because nobody actually cares about Ninja Turtles anymore and without Bay and Fox's names on it the movie doesn't get made at all, that's why. Granted, a world where those movies don't exist is a much BETTER world, but it doesn't change the point that those two people were the grease, and without them nothing happens and that brand stays dormant. It was a failed experiment, but the alternative would have been Nothing At All.

Kevin Smith, same thing. Granted, there are perhaps other, better-suited "name" talents who might have done a "better" job. But I honestly think that most of those people would think the job of developing a MOTU cartoon was beneath them, so that becomes a moot point. He's the guy they got, he's the only one who WANTED the job, and he gave what appears to be his sincere best effort.

If people hate the show so much they'd prefer another several decades of Nothing instead, that's their prerogative. But I'm not inclined to believe "They would've done a cartoon without him and it might even be more popular and successful!" I don't think that at all. I don't think there were ANY serious notions of doing any more MOTU cartoons until Smith demonstrated interest when approached. Maybe some light "What if we do this..." scenarios behind closed doors, but nothing concrete. I don't think Mattel and Netflix would have even pursued it any further if he'd said no.

Maybe I'm wrong; we'll never know. As usual, I only call what I see, and what I see is pretty clear and wide-open.
    Kevin Smith being attached to the show did not create any buzz for the show at all. The only buzz was from the out rage channels because there was they thought there was things in the show they didn't like.
    The only buzz about Kevin Smith was when it was proven he lied about being a fan of MOTU growing up.

TMNT didn't need Michael Bay. The new show was already doing good.
    As bad as the movies were though unlke MOTU the TMNT brand doesn't care about taking chances to try new things to appeal to new fans etc.
    Unlike MOTU with theur online collector figures TMNT have kept actually making toys and shows for kids and adults to enjoy and create new fans.

Regardless of any opinion on Revelations or the CGI show hopefully both have created more MOTU fans.

I too could have done without "The Fisto Meme" being referenced. That and "No Glove, No Love" were godawful.

I really didn't have much problem with the rest of it, though. The things most commonly being critiqued about the show's writing are pretty stock standard for action cartoons, or even other forms of entertainment. For example, jibernish made some interesting points, but at the same time, I see SO many other pieces of entertainment do the same things and yet they're not called on it, or at least not judged anywhere near as harshly just in general. The flaws aren't unique to this show, so even when something is cited that I do think is valid or fair, I also can't help but think, "So how come it's a mortal sin in This Show, but the same 'bad writing' is so easily ignored when it shows up in Marvel Movie #236?"

Selective criticism bugs me. Can't help it. And a TON of the grenades thrown at this show are very, VERY selective.
    One can argue that the reasons some people love this show are very selective as well.

The show shouldn't get a pass just because other works of fiction are guilty of the same sins. Bad writing is bad writing and if I see it, or someone points it out to me because I missed it, I'll call it for what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post

1. The dialogue was terrible. The jokes were unfunny, cringeworthy, and immature. And all the long exchanges about how everyone felt about everyone else was like a Dawson's Creek episode. In screenwriting classes they teach you not to rely so heavily on dialogue. Show don't tell. Its basically the first rule. And this show told and told and told.
    Show, don't tell is about showing events, instead of describing them. Expressing feelings (affection, anger, regret) through dialogue is perfectly fine and Revelation does not overdo it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Kevin Smith being attached to the show did not create any buzz for the show at all. The only buzz was from the out rage channels because there was they thought there was things in the show they didn't like.
    The only buzz about Kevin Smith was when it was proven he lied about being a fan of MOTU growing up.

TMNT didn't need Michael Bay. The new show was already doing good.
    As bad as the movies were though unlke MOTU the TMNT brand doesn't care about taking chances to try new things to appeal to new fans etc.
    Unlike MOTU with theur online collector figures TMNT have kept actually making toys and shows for kids and adults to enjoy and create new fans.
    - So people were buzzing about whether or not he was a good choice to run the show. Versus "nobody even talking about the show or knowing it existed."

There IS no bad publicity. Especially not when trying to revive a dead franchise. ANY chatter is a net win when nobody's talked about your brand in decades.

- TMNT "needed" Michael Bay's name attached if they wanted to fill a movie theater in 2014 or whenever it was. Ratings for a syndicated childrens' cartoon don't automatically equate with people packing theaters to watch a movie of similar subject matter. "A new TMNT movie" didn't generate one bit of buzz. "MICHAEL BAY doing a new TMNT movie, starring Megan Fox!" was the only reason anyone cared.

YES, they cared negatively. But again, when your brand is "dead" anything that gets people talking is a positive. And there simply was not going to be a $100 million+ TMNT movie made without those names attached. Just like how right now, they're trying to sell us "SETH ROGEN'S new TMNT movie!" as the latest way to pump some air into that brand.

Without The Name, nobody cares. Again, it's not about whether the buzz is Positive or Negative, simply that there's buzz. If there's no heat, nothing gets made. Nobody's in any of this for the love of the game.

- TMNT is more "dead" than MOTU is if we're being entirely honest. Playmates' offerings are terrible, "Rise" was awful and ignored by everyone, nobody's interested in doing another cartoon anytime soon, the only "heat" the brand gets is because of overpriced "collectors" figures that 99% of people can't find or afford, and the only chatter about the new movie is "Wow, Seth Rogen... why?" and "Wow, that logo looks like some high school kid Photoshopped it!"

I might have a rather bleak outlook on where MOTU is heading, but man... MOTU is doing light years better that freaking Ninja Turtles, right now. That brand is only kept alive by Member Berries and Zombie Dust. They've got nothing going on without NECA and Super 7... and furthermore, nobody even seems to mind all that much. Pretty sad to see such a juggernaut meander so aimlessly while trying (and failing) to maintain any dignity or relevance... but again, it happens to everything eventually.

But yeah, jeez, please don't insult MOTU by implying it's in as lousy of shape as Ninja Turtles. Let's not say things we can't take back!

- So people were buzzing about whether or not he was a good choice to run the show. Versus "nobody even talking about the show or knowing it existed."

There IS no bad publicity. Especially not when trying to revive a dead franchise. ANY chatter is a net win when nobody's talked about your brand in decades.

- TMNT "needed" Michael Bay's name attached if they wanted to fill a movie theater in 2014 or whenever it was. Ratings for a syndicated childrens' cartoon don't automatically equate with people packing theaters to watch a movie of similar subject matter. "A new TMNT movie" didn't generate one bit of buzz. "MICHAEL BAY doing a new TMNT movie, starring Megan Fox!" was the only reason anyone cared.

YES, they cared negatively. But again, when your brand is "dead" anything that gets people talking is a positive. And there simply was not going to be a $100 million+ TMNT movie made without those names attached. Just like how right now, they're trying to sell us "SETH ROGEN'S new TMNT movie!" as the latest way to pump some air into that brand.

Without The Name, nobody cares. Again, it's not about whether the buzz is Positive or Negative, simply that there's buzz. If there's no heat, nothing gets made. Nobody's in any of this for the love of the game.

- TMNT is more "dead" than MOTU is if we're being entirely honest. Playmates' offerings are terrible, "Rise" was awful and ignored by everyone, nobody's interested in doing another cartoon anytime soon, the only "heat" the brand gets is because of overpriced "collectors" figures that 99% of people can't find or afford, and the only chatter about the new movie is "Wow, Seth Rogen... why?" and "Wow, that logo looks like some high school kid Photoshopped it!"

I might have a rather bleak outlook on where MOTU is heading, but man... MOTU is doing light years better that freaking Ninja Turtles, right now. That brand is only kept alive by Member Berries and Zombie Dust. They've got nothing going on without NECA and Super 7... and furthermore, nobody even seems to mind all that much. Pretty sad to see such a juggernaut meander so aimlessly while trying (and failing) to maintain any dignity or relevance... but again, it happens to everything eventually.

But yeah, jeez, please don't insult MOTU by implying it's in as lousy of shape as Ninja Turtles. Let's not say things we can't take back!
    All I sai was TMNT aren't afraid to try new things. MOTU is definitely doing a lot better with toys and cartoons than TMNT.

Granted Rise... was terrible although it did get better as it went on.

Seth Rogen is an even more questionable choice then Kevin Smith.

Heroic Warrior
    Isn't Seth's movie rumoured to be a spiritual sequel to the 80s TMNT cartoon?

Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    The dialogue was terrible. The jokes were unfunny, cringeworthy, and immature. And all the long exchanges about how everyone felt about everyone else was like a Dawson's Creek episode. In screenwriting classes they teach you not to rely so heavily on dialogue. Show don't tell. Its basically the first rule. And this show told and told and told
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach5 View Post
    Show, don't tell is about showing events, instead of describing them. Expressing feelings (affection, anger, regret) through dialogue is perfectly fine and Revelation does not overdo it.
    Aw man, you beat me to it.

PRECISELY

Here we are lectured about screenwriting classes by people who need... screenwriting classes! .

Sigh... so much I didn't like the story choices being equated to bad writing in this thread.
    ~ CALL YOUR CHAMPION ~

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Magic View Post
    Aw man, you beat me to it.

PRECISELY

Here we are lectured about screenwriting classes by people who need... screenwriting classes! .

Sigh... so much I didn't like the story choices being equated to bad writing in this thread.
    Why is Teela able to leave the castle as the Sorceress?

Why does He-Man stand like an idiot while MossMan is burning and doesn't puff the flames away with his breath?

Why did Skeletor's Havoc stuff turn into a chalice?

Why did Evil Lynn seduce Skeletor to steal the sword from him when she could just take his power away as the sorceress?

Why are Teela and the others stand like idiots when Scareglow entangles their legs and don't shoot him?

Why is everyone standing like an idiot when Skeletor stabs Adam and let him take the sword?

Why didn't Duncan ignore Evil Lynn and not tell Teela who her mother is when they met again, since he now knows how she reacts to secrets being kept from her?

Why was Evil Lynn transported alongside Orko to his Trolan illusion?

Why are Teela and the masters suddenly incapable of dealing with six fodder troopers of Merman?

Why is Orko turned from a completely incompetent and dying spellcaster to someone capable of fighting with Scareglow in five minutes?

I have a hundred of those. And the answer is always the same. Starts with 'bad', ends with 'writing'.

But sure, no bad writing at all.

Heroic Warrior
    Arguments about Adamís power coming from the sword are moot. Which version? Mini comics? Dc comics? Early He-man didnít use the sword. Early Adam had to go to a cave to transform. The sword wasnít his primary implement until Filmation and for some of use who were a little older and Filmation didnít inform our early memories of MOTU as heavily as the 83-85 crowd, Filmation was this weird, different MOTU that wasnít very much like the mini comics, even after Filmation was a couple years old and well established. It certainly dumbed a lot of it down.

Itís cool to love Filmation. For a lot of you folks it was where you first met the big man but people seem to also forget MOTU was already a huge hit when Filmation debuted, it just made it even bigger but the success was already there for MOTU.

Revelation takes everything from Mattel/DC. What is in there from Filmation is from Mattel/DC. Revelations is Paul Kupperberg and Don Glut more than Lou Scheimer, JMS and Paul Dini. Considering there has never been a consistent take on MOTU, even in the heyday, with Mattel doing their story in the comics, the storybooks doing their stories, Marvel doing their stories in the Star Comics line, Filmation doing their story and Canon doing their storyÖ all this talk about Filmation seems like the Council of Nicea trying to brand that nasty Valentinus as a dirty heretic because he married some pagans. Or people mad that Captain America didnít die at the end of Civil War movie because he died in the comicÖ but he didnít. He died in Captain America 25 in an epilogue that was part 1 of the Death of Captain America storyline. Even then the movie just shared the title like Age of Ultron or Infinity War (no Magus). SoÖ

I mean, Clownfish definitely looks like some egg faced baboons now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolaidas View Post
    I have a hundred of those. And the answer is always the same. Starts with 'bad', ends with 'writing'.

But sure, no bad writing at all.
    I have hundreds and hundreds of those for the Filmation and MYP series.

Great. All bad this writing. We should all find a new fandom now.
    ~ CALL YOUR CHAMPION ~

Quote Originally Posted by Parzival View Post
    Arguments about Adamís power coming from the sword are moot. Which version? Mini comics? Dc comics? Early He-man didnít use the sword. Early Adam had to go to a cave to transform. The sword wasnít his primary implement until Filmation and for some of use who were a little older and Filmation didnít inform our early memories of MOTU as heavily as the 83-85 crowd, Filmation was this weird, different MOTU that wasnít very much like the mini comics, even after Filmation was a couple years old and well established. It certainly dumbed a lot of it down.

Itís cool to love Filmation. For a lot of you folks it was where you first met the big man but people seem to also forget MOTU was already a huge hit when Filmation debuted, it just made it even bigger but the success was already there for MOTU.

Revelation takes everything from Mattel/DC. What is in there from Filmation is from Mattel/DC. Revelations is Paul Kupperberg and Don Glut more than Lou Scheimer, JMS and Paul Dini. Considering there has never been a consistent take on MOTU, even in the heyday, with Mattel doing their story in the comics, the storybooks doing their stories, Marvel doing their stories in the Star Comics line, Filmation doing their story and Canon doing their storyÖ all this talk about Filmation seems like the Council of Nicea trying to brand that nasty Valentinus as a dirty heretic because he married some pagans. Or people mad that Captain America didnít die at the end of Civil War movie because he died in the comicÖ but he didnít. He died in Captain America 25 in an epilogue that was part 1 of the Death of Captain America storyline. Even then the movie just shared the title like Age of Ultron or Infinity War (no Magus). SoÖ

I mean, Clownfish definitely looks like some egg faced baboons now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You can't just use the IP's first appearance to talk about lore, when they hadn't figured it out yet back then.

Raiden from Mortal Kombat starts out as an indifferent psychopath who wants to battle no matter what the consequences might be to mortals. That was in the first game, but for the past 25 years, he has been established as the protector of Earthrealm.

For the majority of the fandom, the early works of the IP are also the least consistent with the 'basic' lore.

Reading Kevin Smith talk about the CG show where he said...

• SMITH: "I think the message is great. I was so jealous, I was like, "Wait a second. Their whole message is ‘We all have the power’? Why didn't we do that? That's great!” And they asked me to be involved, I'm a voice on the show."
      https://www.thrillist.com/entertainm...rt-2-interview

Now imagine if Smith did that power sharing in Revelation, along with the Teela race change and Ram Man gender change. The man would have been just as crucified! Probably even more! *Smh*
    ~ CALL YOUR CHAMPION ~

Reading Kevin Smith talk about the CG show where he said...

• SMITH: "I think the message is great. I was so jealous, I was like, "Wait a second. Their whole message is ĎWe all have the powerí? Why didn't we do that? That's great!Ē And they asked me to be involved, I'm a voice on the show."
      https://www.thrillist.com/entertainm...rt-2-interview

Now imagine if Smith did that power sharing in Revelation, along with the Teela race change and Ram Man gender change. The man would have been just as crucified! Probably even more! *Smh*
    Yes, well, Teela waking up one day with different skin color would be a little odd on a show which supposedly follows after the Filmation one.

Yes, well, Teela waking up one day with different skin color would be a little odd on a show which supposedly follows after the Filmation one.
    It wouldn't matter if it was a follow-up or not. The man would be slammed.
    ~ CALL YOUR CHAMPION ~

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    I don't think he was ever truly secondary, at least in last six or so episodes, he was front and centre in different forms and his presence and legacy is what informs and motivates everyone including Teela to change and grow. It's all equal to me.
    I was specifically referring to the final battle and the part he played it. Both he and Skeletor were secondary to the ladies battling for the fate of the Universe.
    "A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him."

It wouldn't matter if it was a follow-up or not. The man would be slammed.
    Anyone would if they would change the status quo of an existing series and claiming otherwise.

Anyone would if they would change the status quo of an existing series and claiming otherwise.
    You keep conditionalizing it. The ideologically based social media influencers would have been all over Kevin Smith regardless.
    ~ CALL YOUR CHAMPION ~

Heroic Warrior
    Why can't you guys just accept rev is a different canon? It was as simple to me as learning the alphabet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    I was specifically referring to the final battle and the part he played it. Both he and Skeletor were secondary to the ladies battling for the fate of the Universe.
    Because other people canít save the universe? It always has to be He-Man.
    Obey the whip! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/ak...smiley-039.gif

Smile like you mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverToad View Post
    Why can't you guys just accept rev is a different canon? It was as simple to me as learning the alphabet.
    Because it was neither 'pitched' or marketed as such.

I mean, I get it. If they came out and said up front this is the Teela & Evil Lynn show, it wouldn't make the same numbers as it did. But by lying, they earned the backlash they got.

Weee... more Kevin Smith lied, and my childhood died!
    ~ CALL YOUR CHAMPION ~