Page 88 of 219 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 5463

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Netflix Series

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, if anything, the biggest threat to this show is currently just, like, people too scared to watch it because of rumours spread by randos on twitter and a clickbait youtube channel. It really feels like some people are putting the cart before the horse here and getting their sleeves in a knot over a show that hasn't even released yet.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverToad View Post
    Yeah, if anything, the biggest threat to this show is currently just, like, people too scared to watch it because of rumours spread by randos on twitter and a clickbait youtube channel.
    And the number of those people is hardly going to matter in the long run. It'll be outweighed by the amount of new folks who discover this by chance or hearsay simply because it's on Netflix. Heck, I knew next to nothing about Castlevania and still managed to get hooked on it enough to watch the entire series. People find things on streaming services all the time with hardly a working knowledge of the property before they hit "watch" and sometimes end up becoming fans.
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Heck, I knew next to nothing about Castlevania
    How did you manage that?!

Some stats. Please excuse my crappy cut and paste job...lol

AMAZON MOVERS & SHAKERS (Updated the day after)

--------------------

INTERNET MOVIE DATABASE RANKING (Usually updates late Sunday evening or early Monday morning)

stats1.jpg

stats2.jpg
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Warrior
    Those are some sales boosts.

Court Magician
    Well that basically tells me that the idea of "He-Man can't work and is too toxically masculine for 2021" is a load of bunk because people are overwhelmingly excited for HE-MAN based on this trailer (which is nearing 4 mil views on Youtube as I write this)!

And that will heighten the disappointment if they really do the bait and switch by putting He-Man all over that trailer and then have him replaced by Teela.

Heroic Warrior
    First time I watched the trailer I wasn't mad or happy with it. As I've watched more, I feel better about it.

I have some petty gripes with it. Such as I wish they could stick closer to the transformation as the original (that was a big part of me getting chills as a kid)(holding out hope they might still surprise me with one during the show)

I also still wish He-Man was more "rounded" in his muscles, but again, me being picky, I'm happy he looks big...

I can't remember the last time I was so anxious for something to come out. I've always liked Kevin Smith movies, so I am hoping this translates over. I'm just glad this is coming, I feel like a kid again.

Thanks to everyone who is making this happen!!!

"Our show is literally all about He-Man"

Yesterday Kevin Smith took several minutes from his podcast to talk about the Teela rumours ,clownfish tv and more.

Starting min:55:53

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    With regard to Revelation, they have also said that He-Man will die permanently, that Teela will inherit the Sword of Power and become his successor, and that Andra will be her love interest. So when none of that comes to pass, I want everyone who is nervous about these predictions now, to keep the same energy.
    In the Fatman video above, Kevin flat out says that Clownfish is wrong.

I would have to believe this because who would be damaged more by false information, Kevin Smith or some wonky YouTube channel? Smith couldn't make a statement like that knowing the amount of blowback he would receive...

Also, I have been thinking about this. Mattel and Netflix seem to be making a lot of the decisions.... why would Mattel allow a decision to get rid of an icon like He-Man? That would be committing franchise suicide.

But, people have already made their self-fulfilling-prophecies... even if the show exceeds their expectations... they are going to claim that it is terrible because of X, Y, Z reasons.
    Last edited by Ornclown; June 14, 2021 at 07:21pm.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Actually, yes. Literally a story. Hallmark came up with one story idea one time, and has made a ridiculous number of Christmas movies using slight variations of it.

https://wronghands1.files.wordpress....-generator.jpg
    Not gonna lie... this made me !

Seriously, you could start one of these shows, leave for a few hours and come back to an entirely different show and you wouldn't have missed a thing!

Master of New Adventures!
    It's the same deal with a Lifetime movie. Pyscho or The Wrong -- mother-ni-law, girlfriend, assistant, nanny -- moves into your house, becomes obsessed with the husband/wife, ends up trying to kill them and gets killed.

The only difference is that Hallmark films are happy stories with a happy ending and Lifetime films are dark stories with a happy ending. Same thing about how you could leave the room for an hour to two and you wouldn't have missed a thing. That said, both channels have a huge fan base of fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Not gonna lie... this made me !

Seriously, you could start one of these shows, leave for a few hours and come back to an entirely different show and you wouldn't have missed a thing!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Actually, yes. Literally a story. Hallmark came up with one story idea one time, and has made a ridiculous number of Christmas movies using slight variations of it.

https://wronghands1.files.wordpress....-generator.jpg
    100% truth!

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos88 View Post
    How did you manage that?!
    My video game playing experience only went so far as Super Mario Bros., Metroid, Kid Icarus, Chubby Cherub back in those early NES days
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Why would those at Lucasfilm do what they did to Star Wars?

Not like it hasn't happened.

That said, Smith says the rumors aren't true, and says the story trailer that comes next will show they aren't. Very excited to see it.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Why would those at Lucasfilm do what they did to Star Wars?

Not like it hasn't happened.

That said, Smith says the rumors aren't true, and says the story trailer that comes next will show they aren't. Very excited to see it.
    Lucas film had no set plan. That and Johnson was the wrong director.

As for this, Teela is a main character. That doesn’t mean we’re getting Princess Prom 2: The Promening.

Quote Originally Posted by xTIMMYxCOREx View Post
    I dunno. I have yet to see Clownfish be wrong on something. Time will tell.
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day which is more than I can say for them.

They are like psychics, throwing so much crap on a wall that something is bound to stick and be correct. Everyone remembers the ONE good guess they made and forgets about the other 99 things they got wrong.
    cogito ergo doleo

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynaman View Post
    Lucas film had no set plan. That and Johnson was the wrong director.
    People sure weren't saying that prior to The Last Jedi coming out. And it took until the Rise of Skywalker for many to finally admit it.

Not saying that will happen in this case, but the point is that it's happened before, so to act like it can't or won't is naive and/or overly optimistic.

Court Magician
    I watched Thundercats get totally botched with Thundercats Roar and I watched Disney completely squander what should have been a sure thing with Star Wars.

It is completely possible to screw this up.

So far, I like everything I've seen out of this new MOTU, but we'll see. A teaser can lie too. Those early Force Awakens teasers got us excited, and those feel like they were from another lifetime ago considering how much I've soured on the sequels since then.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by SkullShadow View Post
    I watched Thundercats get totally botched with Thundercats Roar and I watched Disney completely squander what should have been a sure thing with Star Wars.

So far, I like everything I've seen out of this new MOTU, but we'll see. A teaser can lie too. Those early Force Awakens teasers got us excited, and those feel like they were from another lifetime ago considering how much I've soured on the sequels since then.
    Yes, exactly.

But given Smith's follow-up words and take on people's fears, I feel more assured that it won't be disastrous.

Pretty encouraging to see those numbers. Especially sales boosts for the original cartoon series.

Gotta say, I can be smug and petty sometimes (or a lot of the time). After hearing over and over again for more than half my life, "He-Man is stupid, nobody cares about that crap anymore, and they only cared in the first place because they were stupid kids too stupid to know it was crap"... I take great joy and satisfaction in seeing such ridiculous statements proven wrong so definitively.

New toys are hot. Old cartoon getting a boost. Online buzz about the new show is through the roof.

"Nobody cares about He-Man"? Take that nonsense and cram it.

Pretty interesting how "Those People" have been quiet on the internet for the past few days.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Well, I love those Christmas movies with the loveable characters, feelgood entertainment and positive messages, I would rather watch one of these movies than any horror garbage or some macho action man blow someone's head off with a string of profanities a mile long.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    Pretty encouraging to see those numbers. Especially sales boosts for the original cartoon series.

Gotta say, I can be smug and petty sometimes (or a lot of the time). After hearing over and over again for more than half my life, "He-Man is stupid, nobody cares about that crap anymore, and they only cared in the first place because they were stupid kids too stupid to know it was crap"... I take great joy and satisfaction in seeing such ridiculous statements proven wrong so definitively.

New toys are hot. Old cartoon getting a boost. Online buzz about the new show is through the roof.

"Nobody cares about He-Man"? Take that nonsense and cram it.

Pretty interesting how "Those People" have been quiet on the internet for the past few days.
    Victory is sweet right? It is good to be a fan of MOTU these days.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    My video game playing experience only went so far as Super Mario Bros., Metroid, Kid Icarus, Chubby Cherub back in those early NES days
    Ahhh, this leads me to believe that you never achieved the "true" ending in the original Kid Icarus...

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    "Our show is literally all about He-Man"

Yesterday Kevin Smith took several minutes from his podcast to talk about the Teela rumours ,clownfish tv and more.

Starting min:55:53

https://youtu.be/nyKia_byCfA
    Thanks for posting that.

Seeing him specifically address the concerns I had....I think I’m ready to put doubt behind me and just get $%^&ing excited!!

Quote Originally Posted by SkullShadow View Post

Thundercats Roar isn't my ind of thing but I don't get the hate for it. It's not a mainline installment, isn't acting like it screwed up the franchise the equivalent of acting like RWBY Chibi ruined RWBY?