Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Netflix Series

Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    Look I didn't like Last Jedi either (and it dosn't look like Rise will be any better), but I don't think it's right to acuse anyone who has anything nice of being a shill or only liking it for social justice reasons. Because 9 times out of 10, they probably just geuinly like the film.
    I am not sure if you are talking to me or Mark, but I have other reasons for thinking that. I have followed Kevin for MANY years.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    I am not sure if you are talking to me or Mark, but I have other reasons for thinking that. I have followed Kevin for MANY years.
    I'le admit I'm probably projecting my iews on Star Wars fans a bit there, for all my issues with the Disney trilogy I don't really like SW fans in general. But I have seen alot of times, were people who like the new films or disagree with some criticisms, get called shills, white knights, not real fans ect and the probably does colour my views on the situation a bit there.

As for Revelation itself, it would be nice it ends up being to the Filmation series what Mazinger Z Infinity was to the original Mazinger Z series. A nice liitle distent sequal that closes out the original version of the characters story and acts as a send off for that version of the character.

No worries. I do not usually lump myself into any fandom. I enjoy many different things, but I am not a Super Fan of anything. I know a little about a lot of different genres.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    I'le admit I'm probably projecting my iews on Star Wars fans a bit there, for all my issues with the Disney trilogy I don't really like SW fans in general. But I have seen alot of times, were people who like the new films or disagree with some criticisms, get called shills, white knights, not real fans ect and the probably does colour my views on the situation a bit there.

As for Revelation itself, it would be nice it ends up being to the Filmation series what Mazinger Z Infinity was to the original Mazinger Z series. A nice liitle distent sequal that closes out the original version of the characters story and acts as a send off for that version of the character.

I have to admit. There is some fear in me that He-Man fans get TV series and Movies and then a few people or a lot of people go ape **** cause it’s “not what they expected.” The way Star Wars fans treated The Last Jedi was borderline mental!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Zukny View Post
    I have to admit. There is some fear in me that He-Man fans get TV series and Movies and then a few people or a lot of people go ape **** cause it’s “not what they expected.” The way Star Wars fans treated The Last Jedi was borderline mental!
    just like you did with that last comment? People did n't react the way you expected because it was borderline mental? smh...

Imagine a series where He-Man and Teela are married. and they have one bad argument. they go to b ed, and he-man almost decides to murder her in her sleep....

yeah. this is what lucasfilm did to luke skywalker, perpetual optimist. and you wonder why people went ape crazy over it?
    Respect is Earned. NOT Given, Away.

Year Three. Trumps still doing fine...and CLEARED. have a NICE day ;o)

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    just like you did with that last comment? People did n't react the way you expected because it was borderline mental? smh...

Imagine a series where He-Man and Teela are married. and they have one bad argument. they go to b ed, and he-man almost decides to murder her in her sleep....

yeah. this is what lucasfilm did to luke skywalker, perpetual optimist. and you wonder why people went ape crazy over it?
    Look I don't want to defend Last Jedi to much because I think it's a bad film overall, but this one moment people allways singal out as the big thing that's terrible about it realy isn't that bad.

Luke sensed that Kylo had been turned to the dark side, briefly considered doing something horrible for the great good and immediatly decided against it.

There is a long list of things that Last Jedi got wrong, but that scene realy isn't one of them. And if fact focusing on that resaults in many of the actual problems of the film getting overlooked.

I thought this was a MOTUR thread? ��

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod View Post
    I thought this was a MOTUR thread? ��
    Yes, it is. Let's keep on topic, people. Thanks.

Heroic Warrior
    "Imagine a series where He-Man and Teela are married. and they have one bad argument. they go to b ed, and he-man almost decides to murder her in her sleep...."

So like Melrose Place.....Skeletor will be the landlord in the court yard and there will be fights in the pool/back stabbing

Teela : What have you done with the tea ?!

HM : I drugged it....how do you like them apples *evil grin*

MAA , later : HM , what the hell have you done to her ??

HM : Oh , you old fart....we'll just dump her in the pool , nobody will suspect a thing !

Skeletor : HM and MAA , why are you walking around with a huge carpet , at 3 am no less ?

(great parody potential....I will sue if anyone steals this idea

---------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway , I hope the new toon will have a little bit of Filmation to it
    Last edited by Wonder Bread He-Man; January 1, 2020 at 07:58pm.
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post

That would be wrong to see that like what happened to Luke in Last Jedi or Ripley in Alien 3 or Andy in Cult of Chucky of having their franchises killed by turning likable heroes into a holes who become dislikable and some of the reasons i hated those movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Kevin Smith is a shill and praised such movies as Justice League and The Last Jedi. For that alone I have my doubts on his creative input.
    What about in the Howard the Duck series coming soon from Marvel/Hulu?

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    I watched many of them in the theater with my friends in high school and college. They are not cinematic masterpieces by any means, but they are entertaining (especially to a 'kid'). Mall Rats cracks me up and I like Dogma! If I had not watched them in my youth I probably would not like them at all. It is a shame because one of my favorite movies of his he actually hates. It was a different world though, his movies wouldn't fly today. People would need to run to their safe spaces and color - LOL!
    Clerks is a classic which i loved since i was 13 seeing it in theaters even Mallrats when i was 14, saw Chasing Amy in theaters when i was 16 and Dogma when i was 18 in theaters and he was gold back then.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

I tell ya what this Kevin Smith feller is alright in my book . There was a time some of you would BEG for KS to be attached to a MOTU project. Of any kind.... Bring on fall 2020 MOTU madness....
    SMANOMEGA'S "NEWER" CUSTOM GALLERY BELOW
    http://s16.photobucket.com/user/sman...?sort=3&page=1

Heroic Warrior AntiEternia He-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smanomega View Post
    I tell ya what this Kevin Smith feller is alright in my book . There was a time some of you would BEG for KS to be attached to a MOTU project. Of any kind.... Bring on fall 2020 MOTU madness....
    While I hope for the best with Revelation I also wouldn’t be surprised if He-Man has a bladder spasm somewhere along the way.

I’m listening to an interview with Marc Bernardin on a podcast. The host asked Marc about Star Trek Discovery. Marc replied about nostalgia and producing a show where nostalgia is a factor. He didn’t like the first season because it seem to ignore the nostalgic aspect of Star Trek.

While they’re not talking about MOTU specifically, I appreciated Bernardin’s insight on nostalgia and think it bodes well on his work on the new Masters series.

Heroic Warrior
    Nostalgia can be a trap too.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Court Magician
    Is this still happening? Haven't seen any news or promotion from Kevin in a while...

Quote Originally Posted by testo24 View Post
    Is this still happening? Haven't seen any news or promotion from Kevin in a while...
    He’s been busy touring with his Jay and Silent Bob Reboot movie. But, yeah, it’s still happening.

Man, i sure wish things weren’t announced so early. I’m terrible at waiting.

Widget
    Is there a twitter account or something where we can follow progress on this ? Is it in pre-production ? Has filming started ?

It's still happening.
    I'm currently pushing my other half to apply... LOL!
    https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=7d...rom=serp&vjs=3