Page 102 of 219 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 5462

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Netflix Series

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post

This really isn't like some of the questionable decisions that were made in years past regarding Teela. About a decade ago and in the wake of the 2011 Classics Battleground Teela action figure (blonde bikini Teela from the 1982 DC Comics mini-series), I remember that myself and many other She-Ra fans started getting concerned about how much emphasis was being placed on this version of Teela. The idea, if I'm recalling correctly, was to pair her up with DC's top female superhero, Wonder Woman, in a TRU exclusive "vs" two-pack, which didn't end up happening because the previous two-packs didn't meet sales expectations. (She-Ra was paired with an unpopular Supergirl sculpt) Then they had Battleground Teela fighting She-Ra's enemies (Horde Troopers) on one of the Dark Horse mini-comic covers. Then there was a Battleground Teela at SDCC handing out "I met Teela at the Mattel booth!" pins. Then this continued on into the debut of the digital DC Comics where they altered blonde Teela a bit and also gave her a special jeweled sword instead of a standard issue Captain of the guard sword. And so on.

One of the fears was that Teela would be perceived as a new She-Ra-like franchise leader and thus be regarded as more spin-off worthy in the present day than She-Ra herself. (For example, from the point-of-view of studio heads optioning MOTU for a film or series of films, there might not be much incentive to spend extra money to get the separate rights to She-Ra if they can just do something with Teela instead) Moreover, the attitude towards She-Ra and overall atmosphere back then was a lot more volatile when compared to how people feel about her now.
    I disagree with this take on battleground Teela. They weren't trying to replace She-Ra whose target demographic is girls. What they were doing was marketing Battleground Teela towards men when they made her into a Frazetta style barbarian woman. They were directly trying ride on the coat tails of the Red Sonia reboot that was rumored. At the time Red Sonia was bigger than either She-Ra or He-Man. Her comic book series was and still is very popular with regular issues of Red Sonia comics still in production. It is only a matter of time before Red Sonia gets her own TV series or movie. If they want to capture a demographic this is the way to do it. This is the way to do strong women.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    I've only read the comics. Is the person you're talking about the shows version of Amber?
    Yeah, that's the person I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    Was that not basically the routine for nearly every episode of the Filmation series?
    That's an unfair comparison because he was saving the day every episode and they ran 21 1/2 minutes including the opening and moral. The Mandalorian ran for 16 44-minute episodes before letting a CGI golem of Luke Skywalker make a heroic cameo (and Star Wars had become so bad that this was accepted as an apology for Disney's main summer blockbusters).

Quote Originally Posted by InThe80s View Post
    I disagree with this take on battleground Teela. They weren't trying to replace She-Ra whose target demographic is girls. What they were doing was marketing Battleground Teela towards men when they made her into a Frazetta style barbarian woman. They were directly trying ride on the coat tails of the Red Sonia reboot that was rumored. At the time Red Sonia was bigger than either She-Ra or He-Man. Her comic book series was and still is very popular with regular issues of Red Sonia comics still in production. It is only a matter of time before Red Sonia gets her own TV series or movie. If they want to capture a demographic this is the way to do it. This is the way to do strong women.

https://i.imgur.com/4RP4MSo.jpg
    Red Sonja will be anything but red ...

red.jpg

https://film-book.com/red-sonja-hann...oloways-movie/

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolaidas View Post
    Red Sonja will be anything but red ...

red.jpg

https://film-book.com/red-sonja-hann...oloways-movie/
    Wigs and hair dye exist. Nothing in that article says she won't be red.

Quote Originally Posted by InThe80s View Post
    Wigs and hair dye exist. Nothing in that article says she won't be red.
    Maybe, but the fact that almost all red-haired female characters in games and comics are played by non-red-haired actresses when adapted to TV/movies has me thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by MCX-Eternia View Post
    That's an unfair comparison because he was saving the day every episode and they ran 21 1/2 minutes including the opening and moral. The Mandalorian ran for 16 44-minute episodes before letting a CGI golem of Luke Skywalker make a heroic cameo (and Star Wars had become so bad that this was accepted as an apology for Disney's main summer blockbusters).
    I see what you're saying but I look at it like this: each of those Filmation episodes was it's own full story. The Mandalorian season of episodes contained one long story. The Revelations series will also be one long story. So yeah, I can see the big hero emerging at the end to save the day. It's a been staple of super hero and regular hero stories for a long time.

I also look at it like this: how do you have a Eternia where Skeletor is in control while He-man is readily available?

Every time I see this pic of Teela:
    teela1.jpg

All I can think of is this: (some one I find quite attractive)
    CaraDuneS2-EW.jpg
    "To a great mind, nothing is little."

Oh moths are small, I can wait that long then you'll see you'll all see!

We need He-Man and the Masters of the universe to drop a trailer so we can all hate on how much they changed the show....lol

He-Man historian
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    This really isn't like some of the questionable decisions that were made in years past regarding Teela. About a decade ago and in the wake of the 2011 Classics Battleground Teela action figure (blonde bikini Teela from the 1982 DC Comics mini-series), I remember that myself and many other She-Ra fans started getting concerned about how much emphasis was being placed on this version of Teela.
    The fun part in all of that was.

That in 2009 the first Teela figure with red head got sold out. And they refused FOR YEARS to simply put her out as a re-issue. Like they did with other main characters.

The solution by (seemingly Toyguru?) was to make this BG Teela. Who was not "the first" Teela by any means, though she often was talked in such a fashion, that even fans got confused, thinking it was the minicomic version. But instead it was from a single DC comic issue (!) which, funny enough, had quickly corrected her outfit in issue 2 and 3.... so essentially making a figure out of an appearance based on DC Comics' own take that they had to retract.

And what happened with BG Teela?

She was a "digital peg warmer".

In almost every, single, time mattycollector had some discount or flash sales... there would be BG Teela offered. Only to wait until another discount would come in 8-10 months.

Then there was a Battleground Teela at SDCC handing out "I met Teela at the Mattel booth!" pins.
    Toyguru really, really, really wanted to push BG Teela as some type of a next-cosplay-thing ala "Slave Leia". But it went nowhere. And I think after years and years he finally admitted it.

Then this continued on into the debut of the digital DC Comics where they altered blonde Teela
    Again a funny thing. After those couple first issues, she was very quickly made back into the proper red head version.

Only now... they had to bend over backwards to explain all of that in the comics.
    But even in later issues they showed Teela as a young kid during a flashback, the poor colorist had to balance on coloring her hair strawberry blonde... (I do appreciate that the DC Comics did correct themselves the further down the line it went. Many of the mistakes from 2012 would find redemption before 2016. So kudos on that.)
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Dynasty Masters Universe DynastyMasters's Avatar
    Kevin Smith lies caught in 4K! Masters of the Universe: Revelation trailer bait and switch EXPOSED!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=919_x2xTiWc

Netflix He-Man Series is Actually About TEELA, Kevin Smith CONFIRMS?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjSovgW1E5k

Kevin Smith's He-Man: Wrong Choices for the Franchise
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao3vVVR0BPM

Netflix HE-MAN Trailer Makes She-Ra Fans SALTY on Twitter.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwOPgDvlfyM

First Look at Masters of the Universe: Revelation Netflix Series!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f6kNi55Nqk

Masters of the Universe: Revelation is EXACTLY What We Said It Was?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8byZ4vbjo_w
    Last edited by DynastyMasters; June 23, 2021 at 11:33pm.
    DYNASTY AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE
    http://www.dynastyandthemastersofthe...e.blogspot.com

Well, speaking as a bisexual woman, I have to say that I find buff Teela very hot.

I've only seen a couple of those vids and I have no desire to watch any more of them because there's only so much whining I can take, so just tell me... Are there any of them that AREN'T essentially just "Kevin smith is a liar bwecause he said in this one tweet yuears ago that he wasn't big into MOT when he was a kid but now he says he was, he's the world's biggest liar and he's lying about everything ever and this show is going to suck and it's going to be the Teela show and He-Man is going to be a wuss and it'll be the Teela show and white men are never heroes anymore and my childhood is ruined I tells ya, RUINED!"?
    Don't think, that'll only confuse you.

Quote Originally Posted by DynastyMasters View Post
    Clownfish video that sucked
    This is my first experience with Clownfish after seeing them mentioned so many times in this thread. Thank you for showing me that my perception of them being some sort of news article type site was wrong and that they're basically people who's voices I do not enjoy and who's opinions remind me of the kid at my school who cried and ran out of class when he didn't win a ninja turtle backpack.
    "To a great mind, nothing is little."

I watched the first video and thatís enough for me. I rarely chime in on these things but...

Iím so glad my masculinity and sexuality arenít threatened by a change in someoneís appearance or by strong women. So many poor scared little men saying ignorant things and making quasi-educated guesses on what the future holds for clicks on their YouTube page. Ugh. Just wait and watch the frickiní show.

Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    I watched the first video and thatís enough for me. I rarely chime in on these things but...

Iím so glad my masculinity and sexuality arenít threatened by a change in someoneís appearance or by strong women. So many poor scared little men saying ignorant things and making quasi-educated guesses on what the future holds for clicks on their YouTube page. Ugh. Just wait and watch the frickiní show.
    I absolutely agree with you on all points Glasstor!

Heroic Warrior

I’m so glad my masculinity and sexuality aren’t threatened by a change in someone’s appearance or by strong women. So many poor scared little men saying ignorant things and making quasi-educated guesses
    What if it is a woman or women being critical? Such as the woman from Clownfish.
    Last edited by RockinHard; June 23, 2021 at 09:41pm.

What people have to understand about sites ( or parasites in some cases ) like clown fish is that clicks are cash. They don't know or care half the time one way or the other because stiring the pot helps fill their pockets.....

Has a lot of bad stuff happened in pop culture lately... You better believe it....but man.... enough already. Another day down.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    What if it is a woman or women being critical? Such as the woman from Clownfish.
    Her masculinity is threatened too...?

Where is that story trailer?!

I’m so glad my masculinity and sexuality aren’t threatened by a change in someone’s appearance or by strong women. So many poor scared little men saying ignorant things and making quasi-educated guesses on what the future holds ...
    I think you just summarized the majority of this entire thread!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    And over 12 million counting every sources

this is not just great for MOTU ,it's great for a animated series .
    Agreed!

And, on top of this, most of the comments throughout social media have been positive...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

‹ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Have they been picked yet?

Well, I donít have a solid answer for that since I really donít follow Clownfish and donít know their m.o. but, Iíve never understood why some woman are threatened by other women(or men of men, for that matter). Maybe Teelaís potential bigger role threatens her childhood. Maybe that one picture that every man-blogger is crying about is problematic for her. Maybe she just wants clicks like everyone else and jumping on the bandwagon Is cool. I donít know.

I apologize To everyone if my statement sounded angry. Iím just tired of the gross speculation. I want to watch the show and then criticize what is there- not what we make up in our heads.

Heroic Warrior
    Well, I donít have a solid answer for that since I really donít follow Clownfish and donít know their m.o. but, Iíve never understood why some woman are threatened by other women(or men of men, for that matter). Maybe Teelaís potential bigger role threatens her childhood. Maybe that one picture that every man-blogger is crying about is problematic for her. Maybe she just wants clicks like everyone else and jumping on the bandwagon Is cool. I donít know.

I apologize To everyone if my statement sounded angry. Iím just tired of the gross speculation. I want to watch the show and then criticize what is there- not what we make up in our heads.
    I agree. People should watch the show first. As others have pointed out, because other properties have been taken over by people who don't care about the storytelling, lore, or respecting the franchise, there is an inherent fear that the same will happen with He-Man/Masters of the Universe. All people (and not just men, but surely the majority) don't have problems with themselves for pointing out a precedent. But, yes, people should wait. Kevin Smith said the trailer will dispel of people's fear of this, so let's see that and the show before the "I told you so!"s.

I agree. People should watch the show first. As others have pointed out, because other properties have been taken over by people who don't care about the storytelling, lore, or respecting the franchise, there is an inherent fear that the same will happen with He-Man/Masters of the Universe. All people (and not just men, but surely the majority) don't have problems with themselves for pointing out a precedent. But, yes, people should wait. Kevin Smith said the trailer will dispel of people's fear of this, so let's see that and the show before the "I told you so!"s.
    I honestly wasnít worried about the show until weeks of listening to all the speculation. Now, part of me is nervous. Maybe thatís whatís going on with me- I feel like Iíve now let all of this seep in and now I want to shut it off for fear that Iím getting jaded...and tired.

I totally get fear and trepidation about someone with a sketchy track record potentially changing a property we love. Iím a Star Wars fan, lol. I hated the prequels, then they grew on me. I was scared about the sequels but, I enjoyed them for what they were- character changes aside.

Revelation is going to be great- I know it. It will be everything that some wanted and nothing that some others wanted. Weíll all still get along, hopefully

Well, I don’t have a solid answer for that since I really don’t follow Clownfish and don’t know their m.o. but, I’ve never understood why some woman are threatened by other women(or men of men, for that matter). Maybe Teela’s potential bigger role threatens her childhood. Maybe that one picture that every man-blogger is crying about is problematic for her. Maybe she just wants clicks like everyone else and jumping on the bandwagon Is cool. I don’t know.

I apologize To everyone if my statement sounded angry. I’m just tired of the gross speculation. I want to watch the show and then criticize what is there- not what we make up in our heads.
    I can give you a lengthy answer as to why it's more than sad some men are afraid of powerful women, but this isn't the place. I'll just say that there are two sides to every coin and while some people can be 'accused' of just caring about eye candy, it could be argued that they are worried that the recent trend of pop culture is about glorifying plain-ness and making people (especially women) aspire to mediocrity and leave it at that (which is ironic, considering that MotU used to visually glorify physical perfection and attractiveness - in both men and women).

A trailer can often have selective scenes to paint a series/movie in a particular light. If you want to see how easily you can make a trailer with the intention of altering your perception of what a series / movie will be about, look at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T5_0AGdFic

So no, the trailer won't convince me - the series will.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikolaidas View Post
    A trailer can often have selective scenes to paint a series/movie in a particular light. If you want to see how easily you can make a trailer with the intention of altering your perception of what a series / movie will be about, look at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T5_0AGdFic

So no, the trailer won't convince me - the series will.
    That's why I stated to watch the show first. I've been mislead by several trailers. Including those AWESOME Star Wars sequel trilogy movies!
    Last edited by RockinHard; June 24, 2021 at 12:08am.

It is clearly stated this series is for adults who are nostalgic for the original series in the '80s. So of course extreme character redesigns or character deaths is going to ruffle some feathers. Nobody wants to see He-Man replaced by Teela. Even people who think it is a false rumor don't want to see that. Either way people have a right to vent their frustrations. This is not some child's temper tantrum but legitimate criticism of concepts being presented.