Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1441

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Netflix Series

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
    Netflix usually posts trailers close to the release date, so not anytime soon.
    We’re still within the timeframe Kevin Smith pointed out in August (6-9 months) so anytime from February to May is my guess.

Considering Powerhouse’s success on the platform and one of the top 10 shows this weekend being Demon Slayer, I’m actually somewhat optimistic this will do better in terms of overall ratings than SPOP did (which from what I understand, was not a ratings mover in the least).

Quote Originally Posted by Dynaman View Post
    We’re still within the timeframe Kevin Smith pointed out in August (6-9 months) so anytime from February to May is my guess.

Considering Powerhouse’s success on the platform and one of the top 10 shows this weekend being Demon Slayer, I’m actually somewhat optimistic this will do better in terms of overall ratings than SPOP did (which from what I understand, was not a ratings mover in the least).
    That doesn't surprise me really when an approach is taken that is relatively disrespectful to the source material.

Court Magician
    I won’t argue the quality of the series (it’s off topic here) but Powerhouse Animation, with the exception of Seis Manos, has frequently scored Top 10 viewership figures for Netflix, and the recent success of Demon Slayer and similar animated faire would indicate a demand for similar shows, which MOTU Revelation would definitely hit. SPOP never made the top 10, not even in its final season, so I could easily see Mattel just going “He Man is back! There was no She Ra show” and driving up demand.

Of course this is all hypothetical, until we see a trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynaman View Post
    I won’t argue the quality of the series (it’s off topic here) but Powerhouse Animation, with the exception of Seis Manos, has frequently scored Top 10 viewership figures for Netflix, and the recent success of Demon Slayer and similar animated faire would indicate a demand for similar shows, which MOTU Revelation would definitely hit. SPOP never made the top 10, not even in its final season, so I could easily see Mattel just going “He Man is back! There was no She Ra show” and driving up demand.

Of course this is all hypothetical, until we see a trailer.
    I dunno about that MOTU is mostly seen as a joke outside of the original fanbase, I think it will be very difficult for the upcoming reboot to get an audience outside of said fanbase and doubly so for continuation of the original like Revelations.

Given that Demon Slayer was already one of the hottest anime in recent years, by the time it arrived on Netflix, I don't think that will be good model to use as a comparison MOTU's prospects on the platform.

Hell part of the only reason Netflix She-Ra, gained any fanbase at all, was by distancing itself from the original MoTU/PoP and setting itself up as the next place for the Voltron LD fandom to migrate to (which themselves were a migration of the ATLA/Korra fandom).

I'm not saying it's impossible, but I think people who are expecting this to definitely be a grand return to prominence for He-Man, might be setting themselves up for disappointment.

It never ceases to amaze me the continuing underestimate of MOTU by it owns fans.
    It's incredible the lack of faith toward a brand that has gotten a big impact in pop culture
    I think Revelation will be a tremendous success ,it's inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    It never ceases to amaze me the continuing underestimate of MOTU by it owns fans.
    It's incredible the lack of faith toward a brand that has gotten a big impact in pop culture
    I think Revelation will be a tremendous success ,it's inevitable.
    Keep in mind I's saying this stuff from the perspective of someone who's entry was the 03 series and isn't from the original generation of fans. Amongst my generation and the generations that came after mine, MoTU tends to be either unknown or viewed as a punchline.

And that's probably, with all due respect because the classic series simply isn't very good when viewed through a modern lens. The fact that Mattel pretty much gave up on trying to reach a new audience after the 03 series failed to take off, has only made the situation worse and made that stigma that much harder to shake off.
    Last edited by A Dalek; January 28, 2021 at 03:47pm.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    Keep in mind I's saying this stuff from the perspective of someone who's entry was the 03 series and isn't from the original generation of fans. Amongst my generation and the generations that came after mine, MoTU tends to be either unknown or viewed as a punchline.

And that's probably, with all due respect because the classic series simply isn't very good when viewed through a modern lens. The fact that Mattel pretty much gave up on trying to reach a new audience after the 03 series failed to take off, has only made the situation worse and made that stigma that much harder to shake off.
    Yeah. I'm only 21. I don't remember watching either as a kid but later binged the MYP series on youtube when I was thirteen. Not even sure how I found the show.

Of those I've talked to, most are either only vaguely aware of the show or had no idea what I was talking about until I showed them and they went "Oh! It's the show from that meme song."

There are still fans my age kicking around, but they all (including me to an extent) fall into awfully specific niche areas that often aren't compatible with each other, or SPOP fans who cherry pick elements from He-Man to bring into the spop universe while never actually acknowledging anything else.

Either way, I'm thinking both this series and the other series will be a real sink or swim test for the franchise as a whole. Revelation will test the waters in their ability to get more mature fans, while the other one is testing their ability to gain child fans. If these don't take off, then the chances of MOTU ever gaining more than a trickle of new fans ever again is basically nil.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverToad View Post
    Yeah. I'm only 21. I don't remember watching either as a kid but later binged the MYP series on youtube when I was thirteen. Not even sure how I found the show.

Of those I've talked to, most are either only vaguely aware of the show or had no idea what I was talking about until I showed them and they went "Oh! It's the show from that meme song."

There are still fans my age kicking around, but they all (including me to an extent) fall into awfully specific niche areas that often aren't compatible with each other, or SPOP fans who cherry pick elements from He-Man to bring into the spop universe while never actually acknowledging anything else.

Either way, I'm thinking both this series and the other series will be a real sink or swim test for the franchise as a whole. Revelation will test the waters in their ability to get more mature fans, while the other one is testing their ability to gain child fans. If these don't take off, then the chances of MOTU ever gaining more than a trickle of new fans ever again is basically nil.
    I think the lack of new fans goes back even further than that, I'm 32 and as I said it wasn't popular with my generation either. It had a big impact back in it's original run, but I think it can be easy for the older fans to forget that ,that was 40 years ago and it hasn't really been relevant since.

SPoP was probably the closest the franchise got to being relevant since then, but as you pointed out, that shows fanbase aren't really interested in the wider MoTU franchise or even the original She-Ra. That could also mean that the MoTU reboot could end up in the same situation, with a fanbase who are only interested in that particular corner of the franchise.

All that being said I'm actualy a lot more interested in the Reboot then I am Revelations. Because at the end of the day Revelations is likely going to be very nostalgia baity and unfortunately looks like it might be trying to hard to be "edgy". While the reboot is more likely to offer a new and fresh take on things.

Anecdotal evidence should never be taken as gospel, which the last few comments have been full of. I've also asked many younger people over the years about MOTU, and I've never heard anything about memes or the like. So I suppose it depends on who you ask, where you ask it and their ages. The answer is probably going to be different a lot of the time. I do think this whole "MOTU is treated as a joke by all non-fans" is a sort of myth that's been created by fans alone, one that I've always found quite peculiar. I genuinely don't think it’s the case. And saying MOTU has no relevance is an incredibly loaded statement, and probably inaccurate.

Anyway, this may be our first Revelation leak, in the form of new Minis figures. This picture was found on Facebook. Note Whiplash, Beastman and Skeletor on the right hand side:

Hmm... either Revelation, or the new CGI cartoon designs.
    Or... Mattel creating entirely new variants on their own because, well, toys.
    I do like that Whiplash quite a bit, regardless of where/how/if he turns up in future media!
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

It could be for the CG series, but I really think Revelation. Beastman looks more "adult", with the braids and all. As does Skeletor. Also, I believe it was said somewhere that the characters will start the series in their more "classic" appearance, and then gain new looks.

Wow... this is cool.

It's always interesting to see new official versions of old characters.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Skeletor looks like the version of his DC incarnation.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    It could be for the CG series, but I really think Revelation. Beastman looks more "adult", with the braids and all. As does Skeletor. Also, I believe it was said somewhere that the characters will start the series in their more "classic" appearance, and then gain new looks.
    It would be interesting if we saw a time jump in the series... nothing too drastic (not looking to see Old King He-Man and the next generation per se), but a good solid 10 years forwards would be cool to see.
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

He-Man historian
    Quote Originally Posted by ehenyo View Post
    Skeletor looks like the version of his DC incarnation.
    Or like his 200x samurai variant, with the helmet shape and how it fits on his face
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Anyway, this may be our first Revelation leak, in the form of new Minis figures. This picture was found on Facebook. Note Whiplash, Beastman and Skeletor on the right hand side:

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...1&d=1611947600
    And look at that black-and-red—evil?—Orko!
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Court Magician
    If they turn orko evil again i'm gonna cry

If they are indeed from Revelation, I think its just Skeletor, Beastman and Whiplash. Pretty sure Orko is from their Anti Eternia line.

Heroic Warrior
    i think the whiplash figure is for the CGI show.

If they are indeed from Revelation, I think its just Skeletor, Beastman and Whiplash. Pretty sure Orko is from their Anti Eternia line.
    Yep... that Orko screams Anti-Eternia.

(And, just by happenstance, this means he is evil!)
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootRULES View Post
    i think the whiplash figure is for the CGI show.
    Any particular reason why you think that?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Yep... that Orko screams Anti-Eternia.

(And, just by happenstance, this means he is evil!)
    I thought Anti-Eternia Orko looked just like regular Orko...

Heroic Warrior
    Any particular reason why you think that?
    i don't know, the armor looks stylized like a CGI character to me.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfootRULES View Post
    i don't know, the armor looks stylized like a CGI character to me.
    That's a good point.
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

Huh, if that is our first look at Revelations I am a tad disappointed. Beast Man looks okay, but I am not feeling the Skeletor or Whiplash designs at all. I will also echo the sentiment that I'll be bummed if the evil Orko angle is explored again.