Page 364 of 403 FirstFirst ... 264314354362363364365366374 ... LastLast
Results 9,076 to 9,100 of 10068

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Netflix Series

Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
    Considering how important the sword was in the first 5 episodes, it really stops being important afterwards. Sure, Skeletor has it, but Adam can now transform without it, Evil-Lyn does not get depowered somehow when she loses it
    So by that logic, if He-Man throws his sword, he should immediately become depowered too and turn into Adam once the sword leaves his grip. (That doesn't happen.)

And yeah even in the 200X show, several other people held the sword - Clawful, of all people, held it once! Yet I doubt if he yelled the magic words, he would have turned into He-Crab, the strongest crustacean in Eternia. :P The sword always only worked for the chosen champion.
    The 200X show doesn't count in Revelation. It's not the same continuity

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    This is a good point that I consider a bit of an issue in Revelation. I had always assumed that the sword of power only channeled the power of Grayskull to the current holder (Adam/He-Man), who is considered "worthy", and to anyone else who managed to get their hands on it, it was just an ordinary piece of metal, unable to access its power.
    That's just an assumption though. The Filmation episode "Evil Seed" explained to us that the power of Grayskull even makes Skeletor more powerful, he becomes more powerful just by being in Castle Grayskull. So that's a clear indication that the power of Grayskull doesn't select worthy or unworthy to empower. And good thing Skeletor never knew for all those years He-Man was a result of a transformation of Adam, nor knew the significance of the power sword and saying those magical words "By the Power of Grayskull"!

Speaking of those magical words, we saw in "Teela's Triumph" Sorceress, He-Man and Battle Cat all touch each other as He-Man raised the sword, all saying "by the power of Grayskull" to get back home. So all three of them called on the power.
    - - - - -
    FOR ETERNIA Podcast
    Masters of the Universe Podcast

ForEternia.com
    Masters of the Universe: Revelation Fan Site

- - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Magic View Post
    So by that logic, if He-Man throws his sword, he should immediately become depowered too and turn into Adam once the sword leaves his grip. (That doesn't happen.)

The 200X show doesn't count in Revelation. It's not the same continuity

- - - Updated - - -

That's just an assumption though. The Filmation episode "Evil Seed" explained to us that the power of Grayskull even makes Skeletor more powerful, he becomes more powerful just by being in Castle Grayskull. So that's a clear indication that the power of Grayskull doesn't select worthy or unworthy to empower. And good thing Skeletor never knew for all those years He-Man was a result of a transformation of Adam, nor knew the significance of the power sword and saying those magical words "By the Power of Grayskull"!

Speaking of those magical words, we saw in "Teela's Triumph" Sorceress, He-Man and Battle Cat all touch each other as He-Man raised the sword, all saying "by the power of Grayskull" to get back home. So all three of them called on the power.
    Was "Teela's Triumph" a Filmation episode? I don't remember any of that...

Yeah it was, it's one of the later second season eps. It's the one where Skeletor sends the Sorceress to another planet so Teela steps up to become the new Sorceress. Also features a floating pink head that's possibly the result of too much cheese before bedtime, and He-Man turning himself into a drill.
    Check out my Masters of the Universe cartoon review site at https://hemanmotu.wordpress.com/!

Yep, Filmation, the only episodes that count in regards to Revelation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OwenMorton View Post
    Also features a floating pink head that's possibly the result of too much cheese before bedtime, and He-Man turning himself into a drill.
    And this is why I love reading your review site
    - - - - -
    FOR ETERNIA Podcast

ForEternia.com

- - - - -

Heroic Warrior
    So is season two not happening? Like, I don't think we've heard anything in a while

I sincerely hope Season 2 is coming!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

And this is why I love reading your review site
    Thanks man, glad you enjoy it! (I will cover Revelation eventually...)
    Check out my Masters of the Universe cartoon review site at https://hemanmotu.wordpress.com/!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post

...Whose
    expectations?
    Hey Ornclown, I tried to send you a PM but your box is full! I had an idea...and I thought I would share it with you.

I was just thinking, with Jukka's book on MYP MOTU and all the various books about the Classic MOTU/POP lore, and the Netflix shows, someone should write a book on New Adventures Of He-Man, and ideally that someone should be you as you have a knowledge and passion for NA and it would be awesome. I would buy it!

Cheers, Mikey
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I sincerely hope Season 2 is coming!
    I do too! Hoping for an announcement sometime this Spring... if Disenchantment can get a fourth season and this can't even get a second I'll be majorly bummed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Hey Ornclown, I tried to send you a PM but your box is full! I had an idea...and I thought I would share it with you.

I was just thinking, with Jukka's book on MYP MOTU and all the various books about the Classic MOTU/POP lore, and the Netflix shows, someone should write a book on New Adventures Of He-Man, and ideally that someone should be you as you have a knowledge and passion for NA and it would be awesome. I would buy it!

Cheers, Mikey
    I'm flattered!

This would definitely be a dream project, but seeing as how the Masters program I'm in right now ends in December and I turn right back around and start my PhD, it would be something that needs to wait for a while.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Heroic Warrior
    This would definitely be a dream project, but seeing as how the Masters program I'm in right now ends in December...
    Masters... Of The Universe program?
    Totally Jazzed for C'MONs Clash For Eternia!

Quote Originally Posted by crimhead View Post
    Masters... Of The Universe program?

This is probably my biggest gripe about the show, even though I enjoyed it overall. A number of essential masters didn't appear at all or were killed off quickly, while several had nothing more than brief, even silent cameos. Teasing fan service at its worst. The most offensive example was the appearance of Ram Man - Marlena jettisoned him down like a nuclear bomb between He-Man and Skeletor, and the way the scene plays with him dramatically emerging from the dust and then landing with an enormous crater in the battlefield sending foes flying builds him up to potentially be a "ringer" or "closer" who almost single handedly changes the tide of the battle, and/or signal the arrival of the rest of the masters who up until that point were nowhere to be seen...and then he's not shown again after such a thunderous, dramatic entry. Instead, we get to see countless generic palace guards and random Eternian villagers squaring off against generic Shadow Beasts and zombie-like creatures. What a wasted opportunity.
    So true! It was a complete waste, I expected him to actually help out, but nope, he hands He-Man a floating disk and is out of the series, never to be seen again.
    I just shake my head in disbelief when I seen people here and TFW2005 go all "that was the greatest moment of the series" and they do not see this as the creators throwing a nostalgia-bone to the fans? A cheap gesture (Danny Trejo will literally appear in anything, for peanuts, check his voice work). It was the same thing like people being overjoyed for a blurry cameo of the Battletoads in Ready Player One. And if Netflix/Hollywood sees it takes this little effort to please us nerds, they will give this little effort in the future, too.

They waited too long. I was extremely offended by what they did to the original crew in the movie, and while I continued to watch the show during the third season, it was mainly to see when, not if, they would reverse that horrible decision and bring those characters back somehow. I did however start boycotting the toys. I remember thinking to myself, Hasbro is sadly mistaken if they think that they can just callously kill off a bunch of beloved characters and get me to blindly keep buying toys of their inferior replacements. They really crossed a line in that movie. I'm sure I wasn't the only fan who felt strongly enough about this to stop buying their product. They should have just added to the roster, instead of obliterating the original one that the entire show was built on.
    I was too young to buy toys (plus Transformers were not in stores in Hungary until late 1988, Iron Curtain and all). But even decades later, I just did not like Hot Rod, Kup, Blurr or Cyclonus and Scourge much for years, and I generally found most Season 3 episodes worse in quality than before.
    It took Furman's writing in the comics, with the Wreckers and time travel stories, to actually make me care for the 1986 movie cast. (Not Wheelie, though... Nothing can make Wheelie likeable. :P)

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Actually not true, he came back at the beginning of season 3 in the episode "Dark Awakening," but he was a villain, and then he was killed again before they brought him back for good at the end of the season. So they really stomped on kids' hearts with that one. IDK if that alone is what hurt the brand, but I notice there is now always an Optimus Prime and a Megatron. For sure every brand has its stars and maybe that's a commercial conceit that needs to be made by any critics who think it should move above the icons.

Personally I thought Revelation avoided that--though Fisto and Clamp Champ definitely got the Ironhide, Prowl, and Brawn in the movie treatment. Like "hi" and "bye." Only CC never got to appear in a cartoon before so that was a waste that I hope they can fix in a second season/sequel. I won't blame Andra though anymore than I'd single out Arcee for taking those other guys' roles in the TF movie.
    Yeah they actually did that episode to cater to fans, not realizing that having Optimus come back as a zombie and then sacrifice himself AGAIN would not help. They even had him reassure Rodimus he was doing a good job (HA! ) Actually even the VHS release of the movie had an added "And the greatest Autobot of all time, Optimus Prime, will return!" added at the end credits to try and please fans.
    The angry letters from parents were a wake-up call for Hasbro. Fun fact, they planned to do the same in the GI Joe movie. Duke basically dies, Cobra Commander is turned into a snake, and new heroes and villains take over. Luckily seeing the negative reaction, they tried to save face, so at the end of the movie, they ADRed in a line by Scarlett that Duke is going to be alright. And (again, thankfully) Cobra-Lalalalala was pushed back into the deepest corners of everyone's minds, and the new season of the show wasted no time bringing back Cobra Commander again.

Regarding Fisto and Clamp Champ... honestly, I felt it was in very poor taste and I am surprised there was no backlash against them introducing the only black Master (200X Zodak aside) only to have him be immediately killed off...

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed!

I love considering how creepy the Orlax looks, one would likely assume just by its appearance alone that it has bad intentions. Then add onto that how it tries to communicate and...

https://i.ibb.co/n3TgYNh/Screenshot-...746-Comics.jpg
    It is a really generic tentacle monster. I gotta ask, what use was the Orlax in this show, like, at all?
    Pretend for a moment you have not read the comic - like 90% of the viewers. To them, the Orlax is basically the same the garbage compactor monster in New Hope or the Sarlacc in Return of the Jedi. It's a big tentacly beast Skeletor tries to feed Duncan to.
    And if we read the comic... well, I understand its inclusion in the show even less so. The comic was all about the Orlax trying to warn people of something, but all it does is kill and maim people instead of communicating. All it added to the story was to make Skeletor aware of the nature of Grayskull's power... which he promptly forgets when he tries to shatter the orb, like the idiot he is.
    It's not like this thing was a major threat in the show, that took effort to defeat. It appears maybe once, and then in another scene we see its tentacles as it slithers off. Never to be seen again.
    If anything big from the show should get a toy, it should be the giant Shadow Beast Dragon (hope we see the model sheet for that one), considering it took effort from He-Man to beat it, and it seemed like an actual threat which was on screen for longer than the Orlax. Though I still say that He-Man should have been fighting Scare Glow, not nameless mooks and beasts.
    Last edited by BB Shockwave; January 21, 2022 at 05:14am.

We're 'Lucky' we got He-Man in the show at all. The writers and producers weren't really interested in him.

I still say that He-Man should have been fighting Scare Glow, not nameless mooks and beasts.
    Yeah that nameless Mook called ORKO had no business rematching Scareglow, you know the villian that helped kill him.

I wholeheartedly agree that all the other Masters that had not been used up to that point should have been used in the giant final battles. That hands down is the greatest missed opportunity of the entire series.

Ram man is a beast he started off so promising for a brief few flashing seconds. Then my boy Danny did him dirty and gave him that goofy line.

Buzz off and the indreenids really could have been used a lot better than they were, same goes for Stratos and the avians.

Who better to shoot down all those bad guys that were everywhere except the guy that is literally made of guns? Where was Rio blast? Where was Snout spout? There was a hell of a lot of fires on that battlefield could even use some of that water power to hose enemies back. Cyclone same thing with but with wind. Throw in a line about water wind and fire asking where's earth. BOOM!!!!!! Fire up the orchestra and cue MOSS MAN!!!! He's alive!!! You can't keep a good elemental down. Yeah like I said missed.

And Jibernish, what's with that weak sauce jab you threw in there about not using He-Man you're way better than that.
    Last edited by smanomega; January 21, 2022 at 03:17pm.

Quote Originally Posted by smanomega View Post
    Yeah that nameless Mook called ORKO had no business rematching Scareglow, you know the villian that helped kill him. I wholeheartedly agree that all the other Masters that had not been used up to that point should have been used in the giant final battles. That hands down is the greatest missed opportunity of the entire series.

And Jibbernish, what's with that weak sauce jab you threw in there about not using He-Man you're way better than that.
    I was just piggy-backing off the discussion that important characters were underutilized.

That's the way I see it. They were interested in other characters and other storylines way more than they were interested in He-Man. Proper He-Man was only in 2 episodes minus a few weak flashbacks. I'll give you they were interested in Adam. But Adam and He-Man are not the same to me.

I get that other people see it differently. I will also grant you that the IDEA of He-Man was a substantial part of the story. But He-Man wasn't.

He-Man not being a big part of the series isn't even in my top 10 reasons for not liking the show.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, my opinion on whether or not the writers and producers were interested in He-Man doesn't speak to my character at all, so the 'you're better than that' comment is a little out of bounds. If you disagree with my opinion, that's fine. Debate my opinion. But there's nothing inherently 'worse' about me because of what I said.

“My team at Unworthy Productions and I are in the pre-production phase of several of our upcoming film projects this year,” he exclaimed.

He continued, “Episode 5 of our flagship series ‘Power Rangers Unworthy’ will be our biggest episode so far with more rangers and more actions than ever before, so our fight choreographer Eric Fuchs is dedicating a lot of time to make the battles in that entry our most epic yet.”

We’re also working on a short film about He-Man and the Masters of the Universe that’s a spiritual successor of the animated Netflix series by Kevin Smith in the early spring. And for our Patreon supporters, we’re in post-production on the first episode of The Last Ninjetti, a spin-off series of Unworthy exclusive to our Patrons. It’s about Ninjor (Javon Wallace) training Aisha Campbell of Earth 2-18 (BeautifulDiz) in the way of the Ninja in order to stop his evil brother Ninjakon from destroying the link to all ninja ranger powers,” he said.

“There are a few more currently unannounced projects like a Star Wars homage and Halloween-themed Power Rangers special in the works but you can follow our account UnworthyProductions on Instagram for updates on those in the future,” he added.
    Source: https://www.digitaljournal.com/enter...#ixzz7IdgDaVsH

Thanks Tallstar.

I don't know anything about Power Rangers, but after a quick search it looks like his only claim to fame is a Power Rangers web series called Power Rangers Unworthy. It looks like it's a fan series, but it's listed on IMDB (with great reviews for whatever that is worth). Anyone here a Power Rangers fan and can give us some background?

If this is a fan series, would that mean MOTU: The Final Revelation would be a fan series too?

Seems like Unworthy contains a multiverse and themes about whether the heroes are worthy of being heroes or not. Maybe these ideas would work their way into the He-Man short film too.

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    Thanks Tallstar.

I don't know anything about Power Rangers, but after a quick search it looks like his only claim to fame is a Power Rangers web series called Power Rangers Unworthy. It looks like it's a fan series, but it's listed on IMDB (with great reviews for whatever that is worth).
    Their fan web series is on their YouTube channel. Here's the latest available episode:

--------------------

EDIT

Just noticed that they posted the cast of actors for the "He-Man: The Final Revelation" live-action fan film back in September, 2021.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CT3NphFMzk-/

It’s official! The full cast for He-Man: The Final Revelation has been revealed! �� We’ve got a super talented cast of actors and stunt people ready to deliver the most epic live-action #Heman fan film that’s ever been made! Stay tuned for more updates as we get closer to filming! We’ve got full costume and prop reveals coming next! �� #ForEternia!

He-man: @allabout_thatmace
    Prince Adam: @jds_social
    Skeletor: @bulletproofstudiosllc
    Voice Actor: @washi_ww
    Stunt Double: @the_sanguine_wolf
    Evil Lyn: @babsbutcher
    Last edited by Tallstar; January 21, 2022 at 06:04pm.

It is a really generic tentacle monster. I gotta ask, what use was the Orlax in this show, like, at all?
    Pretend for a moment you have not read the comic - like 90% of the viewers. To them, the Orlax is basically the same the garbage compactor monster in New Hope or the Sarlacc in Return of the Jedi. It's a big tentacly beast Skeletor tries to feed Duncan to.
    And that is all the Orlax needs to be to the main story.

And if we read the comic... well, I understand its inclusion in the show even less so. The comic was all about the Orlax trying to warn people of something, but all it does is kill and maim people instead of communicating.
    It is rare when a prequel comic series lives up to its potential and wonderfully builds upon the main story (imo), versus being a frivolous, cash-grab that just exploits the excitement surrounding it.

The Orlax unintentionally triggered the cataclysmic events in ”Masters of the Universe: Revelation”
    https://foreternia.com/2022/01/the-o...rse-revelation
    - - - - -
    FOR ETERNIA Podcast

ForEternia.com

- - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Hmmm... this piques my interest!

I'd love to see some more adventures following other MOTU characters, or get some more background on Andra and how she ended up meeting Teela.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Hmmm... this piques my interest!

I'd love to see some more adventures following other MOTU characters, or get some more background on Andra and how she ended up meeting Teela.
    I absolutely agree with this desire for more MOTU, and I also look forward to more Power Rangers projects too, I've been a loyal PR fan since its inception!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by smanomega View Post
    Yeah that nameless Mook called ORKO had no business rematching Scareglow, you know the villian that helped kill him.

I wholeheartedly agree that all the other Masters that had not been used up to that point should have been used in the giant final battles. That hands down is the greatest missed opportunity of the entire series.

Ram man is a beast he started off so promising for a brief few flashing seconds. Then my boy Danny did him dirty and gave him that goofy line.

Buzz off and the indreenids really could have been used a lot better than they were, same goes for Stratos and the avians.

Who better to shoot down all those bad guys that were everywhere except the guy that is literally made of guns? Where was Rio blast? Where was Snout spout? There was a hell of a lot of fires on that battlefield could even use some of that water power to hose enemies back. Cyclone same thing with but with wind. Throw in a line about water wind and fire asking where's earth. BOOM!!!!!! Fire up the orchestra and cue MOSS MAN!!!! He's alive!!! You can't keep a good elemental down. Yeah like I said missed.

And Jibernish, what's with that weak sauce jab you threw in there about not using He-Man you're way better than that.
    To me He-Man was always intrinsic to this series because of Adam. Much like the recent DC Comics series, I think this show highlighted how important Adam was to being He-Man, as opposed to other people who wielded the power. So I personally never felt that He-Man was not in the series because Adam was there. I understand others may feel different which is fine. But to me He-Man doesn't exist without Adam, so I was glad Revelations took some time to delve into why this young prince was worthy of the power.

Yeah, I actually don't have a problem with a story focused on Adam and Teela, or anyone else really. I was just saying that I don't think the creators were interested in He-Man. Now you could argue that to understand He-Man you have to understand Adam, and that by exploring Adam it gives more nuance to He-Man. But I personally don't think MOTUR did much of that either.

I think Superman 2 did a good job of playing Clark off of Superman, thus fleshing out both characters. I mean they are the same person, even more so than Adam and He-Man are, yet there are differences.

I just think Teela and Evil-Lyn were the focus of interest in this story, and there's nothing wrong with that, for me at least. But I do feel there was some disdain for He-Man in the writers room. Some, not 100%. Maybe 15%, something like that.

What this show did for many character developments over a period of 10 episodes is incredible . Even if cartoons were meant to be viewed in a certain order back then. We wouldn't have gotten anything close to this in just 10 episodes. There was so little done with over a hundred..