Page 329 of 365 FirstFirst ... 229279319327328329330331339 ... LastLast
Results 8,201 to 8,225 of 9107

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Netflix Series

Even if the show is badly written and it goes against the lore and you just don't like it. Fine. Why do people have to act like Kevin Smith shot there dog, blew up there house and stole there car. I mean really look at Kevin Smith Twitter any time he mentions Revelation. Nothing but wall to wall hatred and vitriol. Im not saying all fans do it. But its ridiculous. Also isn't there more than one lore. In the early mini-comics He-man was just some dude who lived with a Tribe, who got magical armor. Filmation totally did a total 180 on that. 200X changed a quite a few things from the Filmation cartoon. The CGI Show changed lot lot more stuff than 200X show did and everyone tells me i need to love that show for some reason. Yes Maybe they shouldn't have sold Revelation as a continuation of Filmation cartoon. But lets forget about all that. Is it really unreasonable that were changes made to Revelation. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    So I understand your point but I have to say, IMO, this scene WAS poorly written. Change the characters out for any others and this scene still has as much depth as a 15 year old could come up with. It's more than clumsy, very basic, and not anywhere near believable. It's exactly what a average non fan would expect from a "cartoon".

Who didn't see her intentions coming from a mile away?

I can't help but laugh/cry every time I think of her making out with a skeletal set of teeth
    Skeletor did accuse Evil-Lyn of betraying him not too much earlier in the series. He should have seen it coming.

Did Savage He-Man being restrained by handful of guards bother anyone? Did I miss something there - I didn't see any magical or super powered ropes holding him down. Just a few guards. And this sooped up He-Man couldn't do anything about it.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm just saying that for a lot of us a women offering herself doesn't turn us into mindless horn dogs. Especially when, as you put it, has had her multiple time before.

Do you turn into a mindless boob anytime your wife/girlfriend/significant other offers you some luvin?

I look at it as bad of a necessary plot contrivance as when He-man stabbed Skeletor right into the key slot in episode one. "Hmmm, how can we get Skeletor to relinquish this power he obviously loves and has been after for years?? I know! Offer him some booty! Great idea!! (clapping and high fives abound!)." "Check out this deviant art folder I have for more ideas!"

I'm sorry. I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but, to me, this is just awful.
    I hated it too, but especially regarding that kiss, maybe I hate it because I keep hearing/feeling that awful moment when teeth hit each other. Ouch!

Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    You better watch out!

But I'm betting you and your wife don't have a Filmation history where she's repeatedly tried to betray you as you constantly treat her like trash.
    Serves him right the arrogant evil ****** for always foolishly coming back for more!

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!
    - - - - -
    ForEternia.com
    Masters of the Universe: Revelation Fan Site

- - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GranamyrGreen View Post
    Even if the show is badly written and it goes against the lore and you just don't like it. Fine. Why do people have to act like Kevin Smith shot there dog, blew up there house and stole there car. I mean really look at Kevin Smith Twitter any time he mentions Revelation. Nothing but wall to wall hatred and vitriol. Im not saying all fans do it. But its ridiculous. Also isn't there more than one lore. In the early mini-comics He-man was just some dude who lived with a Tribe, who got magical armor. Filmation totally did a total 180 on that. 200X changed a quite a few things from the Filmation cartoon. The CGI Show changed lot lot more stuff than 200X show did and everyone tells me i need to love that show for some reason. Yes Maybe they shouldn't have sold Revelation as a continuation of Filmation cartoon. But lets forget about all that. Is it really unreasonable that were changes made to Revelation. Just saying.
    First of all, I disagree with people going on his twitter and speaking badly about his person. Even though I think he was being dishonest with the whole 'He-man cereal' marketing, even though I think he *should* be called out on not calling a spade a spade and not referring to this show for what it was - a Teela & Evil Lyn show -, even though the TV teasers for both part 1 and part 2 were INCREDIBLY misleading, I do not think that he deserves to be insulted over a cartoon. That's just stupid. For all my snarky remarks and negativity about the show, people shouldn't be attacked or insulted about their work - on their social media page no less.

That said, I went to his twitter out of curiosity a day or two after the release of the show, and all I saw was praise for his work. I was pretty surprised, to be honest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by King Daddy Bo-Hog View Post
    Without getting into a more detailed discussion about it, I just have to say that I don't agree that the show contradicts its own rules and lore. But even if we did agree on that, it doesn't make it objectively bad (or objectively good either, of course), and here's why... because perhaps I prefer it that way; maybe I like it not being so consistent that it becomes boring.
    Well, I guess if you find consistency boring, it makes sense.

Agree to disagree. Thanks for the reply.

Heroic Warrior King Daddy Bo-Hog's Avatar
    It is only unreasonable to those who are themselves unreasonable. MOTU has never been fully consistent with other iterations of itself. I like it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolaidas View Post

Well, I guess if you find consistency boring, it makes sense.

Agree to disagree. Thanks for the reply.
    It kinda goes back and forth, Some times its nothing but asskissers and other times its nothing but the outrage mob. I don't think Revelation is a masterpiece. I just don't think its all that bad and i enjoy it, Even tho its about Teela. Sometimes i think they should have got a different voice actor for Teela. Maybe some her lines wouldn't come off as antagonistic. Ill admit she was pretty antagonistic in the first half. The line where she says "You don't get to say that, you abandoned me' Shouldve be tone down. It was my only problem i had with her in the 2nd half was that line.

Heroic sculptor of toys Battle_Brak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Daddy Bo-Hog View Post
    It is only unreasonable to those who are themselves unreasonable. MOTU has never been fully consistent with other iterations of itself. I like it that way.
    I also think to the general audience that just vaguely remembers the Filmation show from their childhood, wouldnít notice the minutiae that hard core fans are latching on to (robotoís origin for example). They also likely donít care that itís tonally more violent and adult than a show aimed at 5 year olds.

This whole thing has made me feel that the MOTU fandom is very bizarre and fickle. They seem to simultaneously care about minor details on tertiary characters while primarily only wanting to see a story focused on He-man and Skeletor. This seems at odds to me. I donít notice this kind of weird mashup in other fandoms. I donít see TF fans demanding every single episode of every incarnation must be focused squarely on Prime and Megatron while complaining that Wheeljackís tires are the wrong color. Like itís one or the other. You have fans that really just want to see the main bots or you have the fans who deep dive and criticize every minor detail on 4th tier characters (but those same fans would watch a show focused solely on said 4 tier character).
    Check out my artwork: https://aarondoyle.artstation.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Battle_Brak View Post
    This whole thing has made me feel that the MOTU fandom is very bizarre and fickle. They seem to simultaneously care about minor details on tertiary characters.
    Actually that's every single fanbase.

Heroic sculptor of toys Battle_Brak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikolaidas View Post
    Actually that's every single fanbase.
    I mean you don’t see both of those things together. Like with X-men there are fans that are really deep into the lore that would watch a show all about Cypher. Then there are fans that really just want to see Cyclops and Wolverine fight Magneto. It’s very rare to see someone who is simultaneously very invested yet only cares about the top tier characters. I really don’t see that in any other fan community I’m a part of. It baffles me.
    Check out my artwork: https://aarondoyle.artstation.com/

‹ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    I also think to the general audience that just vaguely remembers the Filmation show from their childhood, wouldnít notice the minutiae that hard core fans are latching on to (robotoís origin for example). They also likely donít care that itís tonally more violent and adult than a show aimed at 5 year olds.

This whole thing has made me feel that the MOTU fandom is very bizarre and fickle. They seem to simultaneously care about minor details on tertiary characters while primarily only wanting to see a story focused on He-man and Skeletor. This seems at odds to me. I donít notice this kind of weird mashup in other fandoms. I donít see TF fans demanding every single episode of every incarnation must be focused squarely on Prime and Megatron while complaining that Wheeljackís tires are the wrong color. Like itís one or the other. You have fans that really just want to see the main bots or you have the fans who deep dive and criticize every minor detail on 4th tier characters (but those same fans would watch a show focused solely on said 4 tier character).
    It would help if the complaints about the lore were actually correct about the lore. Most of them are people complaining about something that is established, but that they simply did not know. Sorry, but it is not wrong, because you did not know about it. Quite the opposite.

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    I mean, this isn't the first IP KS messed up either. His run on Daredevil was pretty bad--Batman a bit better, but not by much. KS has a handful of ideas and stories in him, but I don't think given his track record he added any value to this project. I don't blame him...he made some money, but he was not a good fit. Just like when he wrote DD and Batman--maybe he didn't really understand the characters, maybe he has too many projects going on, but we ended up with something that just wasn't that good in all of these cases.

As for the CGI show....Revelations is what it is. Its problem, in my opinion, is that its not edgy enough to be new and different and not similar enough to what has come before to be recognized as a continuation or even a soft reboot.

The CGI cartoon set out to make something new for kids. It achieves that. It isn't confused about what it is or what its supposed to be. I am not a fan of the end result, but I will say that it is honest. Same thing with the new POP cartoon. Not for me, but it was never meant to be for me...and thats fine.

Revelations was marketed as something that die hard He-man fans would like, and I would say there is significant number of us that are unhappy with final product and were hoping for something else entirely. Its no reason to flame KS on social media, but I hope you can understand how many of us can dislike Revelations.
    Rambo was a documentary filmed in real time.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    It would help if the complaints about the lore were actually correct about the lore. Most of them are people complaining about something that is established, but that they simply did not know. Sorry, but it is not wrong, because you did not know about it. Quite the opposite.
    100%. Couldn't hit it squarely on the head more.
    - - - - -
    ForEternia.com

- - - - -

I mean you donít see both of those things together. Like with X-men there are fans that are really deep into the lore that would watch a show all about Cypher. Then there are fans that really just want to see Cyclops and Wolverine fight Magneto. Itís very rare to see someone who is simultaneously very invested yet only cares about the top tier characters. I really donít see that in any other fan community Iím a part of. It baffles me.
    The best way I can put it is this:

I'd like to see a story line about Colossus and Nightcrawler. I'd even enjoy a story where they got ultra powerful for whatever reason (Colossus with Juggernaut armor for instance). But I don't want a version of a story where Colossus and Nightcrawler are suddenly more powerful and more influential to the team than Professor X and Jean Gray and it's permanent.

I wouldn't want to pick up a Wolverine comic where through the series he plays second fiddle to a newly powered up Jubilee.

I'd also not like to see a new X-men animated series where I barely see Beast, Ice-man, and Psylocke but instead have a new never before seen character named Endra become an integral part of the team.
    "A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him."

I don't mind the focus on other characters - I'd love a spinoff series about Zodac.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    I don't mind the focus on other characters - I'd love a spinoff series about Zodac.
    My biggest gripe with the first part of the series was how they treated Tri-Klops and the other villains. The bad guys have always been my favorite part of MOTU.

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dice View Post
    the best way i can put it is this:

I'd like to see a story line about colossus and nightcrawler. I'd even enjoy a story where they got ultra powerful for whatever reason (colossus with juggernaut armor for instance). But i don't want a version of a story where colossus and nightcrawler are suddenly more powerful and more influential to the team than professor x and jean gray and it's permanent.

I wouldn't want to pick up a wolverine comic where through the series he plays second fiddle to a newly powered up jubilee.

I'd also not like to see a new x-men animated series where i barely see beast, ice-man, and psylocke but instead have a new never before seen character named endra become an integral part of the team.
    morph!!!!!
    Rambo was a documentary filmed in real time.

My biggest gripe with the first part of the series was how they treated Tri-Klops and the other villains. The bad guys have always been my favorite part of MOTU.
    Hmm. To me the henchmen seemed to be treated in Revelation the same they were treated back in the Filmation series, perhaps even better. Back in the 80s, most of the time they were all pretty much "bumbling boobs."
    - - - - -
    ForEternia.com

- - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    Revelations was marketed as something that die hard He-man fans would like, and I would say there is significant number of us that are unhappy with final product and were hoping for something else entirely. Its no reason to flame KS on social media, but I hope you can understand how many of us can dislike Revelations.
    I don't mind people disliking it. I agree with some of the criticism, i do think it could have been better written, Teela attitude could been toned down in the first half. Even tho i don't think she as bad as people say. They should have added something to make it seem like Evil Lyn didn't get away with destroying preternia. Maybe using Magic to restore Preternia and the people or something. Maybe do that Superman turn back time thing, I know too on the noise. My problem is when people are being unreasonable about it.
    Last edited by GranamyrGreen; November 29, 2021 at 05:49pm.

I'm embarrassed to think that a lot of my friends that know I'm a big He-man fan will possibly watch this series and think that's what I've been in to this whole time.
    Honestly, there's no shame for me because Revelation isn't the definitive version of He-Man. He-Man is He-Man regardless of whatever series he's a part of, so when I tell other folks about my passion for MOTU, I wear it with pride regardless of their assumptions about it.

Quote Originally Posted by medium_pyro View Post
    Honestly, there's no shame for me because Revelation isn't the definitive version of He-Man. He-Man is He-Man regardless of whatever series he's a part of, so when I tell other folks about my passion for MOTU, I wear it with pride regardless of their assumptions about it.
    I can't see any reason to be embarrassed or ashamed of any of the MOTU shows, comics and audio dramas to be honest.
    - - - - -
    ForEternia.com

- - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by medium_pyro View Post
    I just dislike the idea that of all the media available, the only current media. Sure He-man is He-man but to me this will be like if someone only knew Superman from the Injustice series of comics.

I just dislike the idea that of all the media available, the only current media. Sure He-man is He-man but to me this will be like if someone only knew Superman from the Injustice series of comics.
    Where Superman is the villian?

- - - - -
    ForEternia.com

- - - - -

I’m Confused by this statement. I mean who cares if this is the only one for some people. That new dumb kiddie MOTU maybe the only one the kids know or care about.

I love classic filmation but the voices are hard to listen to at times.
    MYP was cool. I liked the designs but as someone said it was stale. It never pushed the story forward. It felt like The Force Awakens. It was good but same ol’ same ol.

Revelation did push the story forward. Teela became the sorceress like she always was supposed to do since Filmation. We had peace made between Adam/Randor and Adam/Teela became a thing which was hinted at in Filmation too. If people want to hang their hat on Revelation who cares?
    Obey the whip! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/ak...smiley-039.gif

Smile like you mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post

Iím Confused by this statement. I mean who cares if this is the only one for some people. That new dumb kiddie MOTU maybe the only one the kids know or care about.

I love classic filmation but the voices are hard to listen to at times.
    MYP was cool. I liked the designs but as someone said it was stale. It never pushed the story forward. It felt like The Force Awakens. It was good but same olí same ol.

Revelation did push the story forward. Teela became the sorceress like she always was supposed to do since Filmation. We had peace made between Adam/Randor and Adam/Teela became a thing which was hinted at in Filmation too. If people want to hang their hat on Revelation who cares?
    I've spoken to plenty of non-fans where their only entry to the IP was the 1987 Dolph Lundgren film.
    - - - - -
    ForEternia.com

- - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Magic View Post
    Where Superman is the villian?
    Or rather, not himself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    Iím Confused by this statement. I mean who cares if this is the only one for some people. That new dumb kiddie MOTU maybe the only one the kids know or care about.
    I care. I believe there was an easy opportunity to put out a great product and, IMO, they failed to do so. I would have loved for them to have put out something that I was excited to recommend to friends. Instead I'd rather them not see it at all.