Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 1410

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Netflix Series

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    I think it works. It looks like the Battle Armor He-Man HM symbol, which is IMO the best alternative He-Man symbol by far
    Agreed.
    I can't wait to see some shots from the cartoon itself now.
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    I think it works. It looks like the Battle Armor He-Man HM symbol, which is IMO the best alternative He-Man symbol by far
    I don't like it. There's no need to change the classic design; much less for a cartoon that made a point of claiming to be a direct continuation of Filmation.

The only real reason I can see to ban the classic cross on the chest and replace it with something else is to please that intolerant PC crowd who likes to “cancel”/censor everything that doesn't fit their very narrow and particular worldview and ideas. They hold this curious idea of identifying it with the Iron Cross of the German Army (which they then identify with white supremacism). I think it's quite bad news that the Revelation team have chosen to disrespect the classic design in order to pander to the narrow-minded intolerance of “cancellation culture” bigots. Plus one should then wonder: if they're kowtowing to them with respect to their untenable interpretation of the chest cross, why not take such flawed reasoning to its logical conclusion and also proscribe the “nazi” blond Aryan look of He-Man himself? (and, of course, the very name “He-Man” too, that is so “oppressively, heteropatriarchally machoist” apart from prone to be made fun of).

OTOH, I've never really liked the H-like symbol itself, for various reasons: it's based on Latin letters (an Earthly script that should be alien from the perspective of an alien world like Eternia), and it's based on the English-language name “He-Man” (even though the character has official names in other languages that don't even contain an H, such as “Musclor” in French).
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Oh boy, knew this take was coming from someone eventually
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

I think it is fine on its own.. New and its ok... The toy line will be its own line though... Better than trying to mix it with Classics.. Hope the cartoons airs soon.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

I don't see these as the reason to have cancelled Classics. Let's see if the storyline, music, and voice acting can carry Revelation.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Taking the link into account I posted on the previous page, at least we know there will be at least two Skeletor figures straight off the bat.

Pretty interesting. Looking forward to seeing more.

Not crazy about the logo being swapped. I can understand why "some people" would want it changed but I disagree with those people as to their reasons why. And since it's still prevalent in other MOTU media, including the current Origins toys and the recent Golden kids' books, I just don't really accept that there's any reason to change it other than "It's different". If it was that big a deal it would have been phased out altogether long ago, but it hasn't been, so clearly it's not a thing they "need" to change, rather one they seem to arbitrarily change as they see fit. And I don't much care for that.

Not "terrible", but it lessens my general enthusiasm for the figure, I can't help it. The figures with the original design will always be more prominent on my shelf than the variant or alternate ones.

They seem pretty cool altogether, though. Like I said, I'm looking forward to seeing more of what's coming.

I've seen a lot of people call out how small he-Man's head is, though, and that's pretty rough. Really hope they fix that.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Heroic Warrior
    Didn't Kevin Smith say the character designs have not been altered for the cartoon series at all.. and that they look exactly like they did in the 80s

But that Evil Lyn we just saw looks nothing like her. Now she has long hair... but problem is, she never had long hair. So why just change it to long hair.. I'll never understand these ideas. She originally has short hair, so give her... short hair. Her outfit looks nothing like the original. Skeletor has a cape.

Mind you, these are just the action figures. Smith said the character designs in the cartoon weren't changing away from the 80s version, so maybe somehow that still holds true. But the action figures are definitely different

Bang Your Head
    Quote Originally Posted by tpi View Post
    Didn't Kevin Smith say the character designs have not been altered for the cartoon series at all.. and that they look exactly like they did in the 80s

But that Evil Lyn we just saw looks nothing like her. Now she has long hair... but problem is, she never had long hair. So why just change it to long hair.. I'll never understand these ideas. She originally has short hair, so give her... short hair. Her outfit looks nothing like the original. Skeletor has a cape.

Mind you, these are just the action figures. Smith said the character designs in the cartoon weren't changing away from the 80s version, so maybe somehow that still holds true. But the action figures are definitely different
    Kevin Smith smokes a LOT of pot and is a shill. It's best best to take what he says with a grain of salt. His good days are behind him...