Page 362 of 365 FirstFirst ... 262312352360361362363364 ... LastLast
Results 9,026 to 9,050 of 9101

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Netflix Series

Quote Originally Posted by smanomega View Post
    Trainwreck ? Really.... I really don't want to see SPOP mixed with Revelations either ( even if with some story modifications they could fit together nicely) but your idea of an acceptable MOTU show that only lives in your head must be legendary...
    I would say that Revelations seems a lot more closer to Classic MOTU than Netflix Pop. I bet everyone who says this isn't MOTU would rather have He-man write in his diary, having Pillow Fights with Man at Arms. Nu-Ra makes the characters in the original She-ra seem like high functioning adults. Even tho it was written 6 year olds. Trying Merge Revelations with SatPop would be like having Crossover between Rambo and The Princess Diaries. Its not going to work.

I don't think the Netflix she ra crew would merge well with the revelation crew , it's rooted too much in 200x/Filmation to transition smoothly ( plus , if " everything from Filmation counts" wouldn't that mean the secret of the sword and all hordaks doings are also canon ? I would , however , have no issue with the Netflix she ra being part of cgi he mans extended universe , both those shows are radically different from Thier source material but could totally work alongside each other imo

Sent from my AGS2-L09 using Tapatalk

Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GranamyrGreen View Post
    I would say that Revelations seems a lot more closer to Classic MOTU than Netflix Pop. I bet everyone who says this isn't MOTU would rather have He-man write in his diary, having Pillow Fights with Man at Arms. Nu-Ra makes the characters in the original She-ra seem like high functioning adults. Even tho it was written 6 year olds. Trying Merge Revelations with SatPop would be like having Crossover between Rambo and The Princess Diaries. Its not going to work.
    That made me laugh out loud.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by davelove81 View Post
    ( plus , if " everything from Filmation counts" wouldn't that mean the secret of the sword and all hordaks doings are also canon ?
    Only the original Filmation 'He-Man and the Masters of the Universe' series counts in Revelation. I would assume Hordak in a hypothetical season two would be treated as an added element, pulling inspiration from the minicomics Hordak or Golden books Hordak, etc.
    - - - - -
    ForEternia.com
    Masters of the Universe: Revelation Fan Site

- - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    So yeah, we'll see how it plays out but I'm saying some are saying "won" and this show is over with and done. I don't LIKE that, and I sincerely hope I'm wrong. But it sure does seem like far too many people got scared off by Clownfish and the other folks.

Like it or not - and make no mistake, I DON'T - but 99% of people decide whether or not to watch something based on RT scores. Letting other people think for them. "I ain't got time to think for myself, but a 46% approval rating tells me I shouldn't bother with this, they can't ALL be wrong!"
    Firstly, not very polite of you to label everyone who dislikes this show a name and dares to actually make this clear on a public forum.
    Despite, y'know, not sending death threats to Kevin Smith, or telling people who like the show that they must have brain damage, and the like? Methinks you need to rethink your definition of troll (and no, it's not that they can regenerate all damage unless it is done with fire or acid)

Second, 99%? Not even close. Most intelligent people know that RT scores are inherently flawed because they only take critic reviews someone posts or reports to them into account. Now, I dare you to look up some really bad, but old and not well known movies on RT. You'll see they have maybe 1-2 reviews, and if said review is positive because they the movie is "so bad it is good" than that utterly terrible movie will have a 100% fresh rating. So that's how little RT matters. Also if you have checked those critic reviews, you can see about 60% of them are basically paid off. I compared the Revelation S1 reviews a few days after release, and surprise surprise, I found several reviews have used the exact same sentences and wording in their review... almost as if they got a 'press release kit' and the instructions on how to review it. And we know from certain Gamestop and IGN leaks that yes, studios will pay for having their movies and games get good reviews.
    As far as I am concerned, I will check out any movie or show that interests me, without checking reviews or ratings. I check the trailer, and if that still makes me unsure I will spoil the story and read the synopsis on wikipedia or elsewhere. At worst, I will check 1-2 episodes to judge it for myself. I mean, I learned my lesson the hard way - Russian Doll had raving reviews everywhere and it bored me to tears after its endless meandering. Everyone loves Rick and Morty and praises it, and while the show has some good writing, I found myself despising all the main cast and rooting for the villains, they were all such horrible people. And I would have probably missed out on movies I really liked, like "9" or Man of Steel, which got either mediocre or scathing reviews, but which I enjoyed a lot.

In time, I also realized that while not really trustworthy, you can rely more on IMDB ratings than RT ones. Not only do they come from fans (and they are adept at weeding out duplicate reviews so there is no reviewbombing, not unless some people are so dedicated they have 100 email accounts and can write a 100 different reviews) but I found sorting them by 'helpfulness' gives you the better picture, if not the quality of the movie, but the opinions of people who like or dislike it. But even so, I never let ratings make the decision for me whether I will watch anything. I hated Star Trek Lower Decks from the first trailer, but I still watched the whole season (could not bring myself to watch the second yet) so I can make up my own mind.
    In fact, case in point, MOTU Revelation is not the worst animated show by far that I watched in 2021. That dubious honor belongs to Seth Rogen's Santa Inc. I could have just watched the reviews and the 1.1 IMDB/RT ratings, but I rather checked out 2 episodes and judges for myself that YES, it was that insulting and horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
    So that's how little RT matters. Also if you have checked those critic reviews, you can see about 60% of them are basically paid off.
    Dude. You lost all credibility there I think. 60% paid off? 60%!!! Where's my tinfoil hat?

And you won't discuss the other side in your RT analysis. The review bombing. You won't go looking for single audience accounts with only one single 1/2* review posted under their new account ... reviewing you guessed it.... Revelation! We found those months back when we went looking. The ol' mass online protest, without reviewing the content for its own merits because a nerve was struck. Usually rooted from ideological anger, often from people who haven't even seen the product. Half star reviews? Usually that's undeserving for most productions if you're reviewing the show actually on its merits and production values with an intellectual honesty. Instead: There's a choice I hate... so it all sucks! There's a whole industry on YouTube and social media platforms that thrive on stoking this anger and wanting shows and films to burn for choices that have nothing to do with the quality of storytelling. Include that next time when analyzing RT.

- - - Updated - - -

In time, I also realized that while not really trustworthy, you can rely more on IMDB ratings than RT ones. Not only do they come from fans (and they are adept at weeding out duplicate reviews so there is no reviewbombing, not unless some people are so dedicated they have 100 email accounts and can write a 100 different reviews)
    I don't know what count is the norm, and what is done manually these days and what's automated, but IMDB had been a target of review bombing like the rest of them, and some sites have been trying to fight it the past couple years.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/3/7/18...oes-letterboxd

Best for one to post in the forum how one personally feels, versus pointing to positive critical reviews or negative user reviews as justification.
    Last edited by Voodoo Magic; January 11, 2022 at 03:33pm.
    - - - - -
    ForEternia.com

- - - - -

[QUOTE=BB Shockwave;3974658]Firstly, not very polite of you to label everyone who dislikes this show and dares to actually make this clear on a public forum as "trolls".
    So because I don't like this show and
    I mean, saying that some complained about the show doesn't mean that everyone who complained about the show are those names. And he specifically named some he was talking about: "Clownfish and the other folks" on Youtube.
    Last edited by PocketEpiphany; January 11, 2022 at 07:32pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Magic View Post
    Dude. You lost all credibility there I think. 60% paid off? 60%!!! Where's my tinfoil hat?

And you won't discuss the other side in your RT analysis. The review bombing. You won't go looking for single audience accounts with only one single 1/2* review posted under their new account ... reviewing you guessed it.... Revelation! We found those months back when we went looking. The ol' mass online protest, without reviewing the content for its own merits because a nerve was struck. Usually rooted from ideological anger, often from people who haven't even seen the product. Half star reviews? Usually that's undeserving for most productions if you're reviewing the show actually on its merits and production values with an intellectual honesty. Instead: There's a choice I hate... so it all sucks! There's a whole industry on YouTube and social media platforms that thrive on stoking this anger and wanting shows and films to burn for choices that have nothing to do with the quality of storytelling. Include that next time when analyzing RT.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know what count is the norm, and what is done manually these days and what's automated, but IMDB had been a target of review bombing like the rest of them, and some sites have been trying to fight it the past couple years.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/3/7/18...oes-letterboxd

Best for one to post in the forum how one personally feels, versus pointing to positive critical reviews or negative user reviews as justification.
    Yep, people can and do have macros to quick create and register email accounts so they can do this stuff. Itís a thing and very easy to do with the right browser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    It is okay to have a different opinion. But 200X isnít an option. Your choices are Revelation, the new kids show or nothing.

You donít have to see it or want another season of revelation but those of us that do why are you ******* in our Cheerios? As another poster said we have no idea how Netflix has viewed this series. I would like to hear the official word not from a fan who wants to cheer for the series death.
    We live in the age of reboots and restarts.
    Young Justice was cancelled in 2013 and then came back 6 years later and is still ongoing.
    Batman and Harley Quinn came out in 2017 and continues the Batman TAS show from 1990 (!!!) with the same art style, writers and voice actors.
    Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths was essentially the same thing as MOTU Revelation. It was supposed to be a DCAU movie in continuity with Justice League Unlimited, but since the powers that be decided not to do that, it was altered slightly (John Stewart replaced with Hal Jordan, etc) but otherwise mostly remained the same script-wise.
    And then there is Justice League vs the Fatal Five that came out in 2019, 13 years after Justice League Unlimited ended, and continues that show!

There is absolutely nothing preventing Mattel to continue the 200X MOTU someday, should they so decide. Revelation is the living proof that even if they don't have the rights (like to Filmation) they can just make it a quasi-sequel. The show is going to be 20 years in 2022, so I feel it is just ripe to be revisited now, for the anniversary.

As has been said in the past, please do not call anyone names. This includes not only fellow forum members, but other MOTU fans, YouTube reviewers, and websites in general. Thanks.

There is absolutely nothing preventing Mattel to continue the 200X MOTU someday, should they so decide. Revelation is the living proof that even if they don't have the rights (like to Filmation) they can just make it a quasi-sequel. The show is going to be 20 years in 2022, so I feel it is just ripe to be revisited now, for the anniversary.
    The difference is between the Filmation series and 200X series, only the Filmation series is beloved by general audiences. The Cartoon Network MYP series didn't have a cultural impact. And neither did its toys. But the Filmation show did, and the original toys was its toys! So I highly doubt it would be in their best interest to continue a story the masses aren't familiar with, and a show that wasn't a ratings winner. I believe it's more realistic that the powers that be would opt for just a new MOTU animated retelling.... perhaps based on the upcoming live-action film going into production this year (fingers crossed).
    - - - - -
    ForEternia.com

- - - - -

The difference is between the Filmation series and 200X series, only the Filmation series is beloved by general audiences. The Cartoon Network MYP series didn't have a cultural impact. And neither did its toys. But the Filmation show did, and the original toys was its toys! So I highly doubt it would be in their best interest to continue a story the masses aren't familiar with, and a show that wasn't a ratings winner. I believe it's more realistic that the powers that be would opt for just a new MOTU animated retelling.... perhaps based on the upcoming live-action film going into production this year (fingers crossed).
    I for one am opposed to any continuation of 200x.

Heroic Warrior
    We live in the age of reboots and restarts.
    Young Justice was cancelled in 2013 and then came back 6 years later and is still ongoing.
    Batman and Harley Quinn came out in 2017 and continues the Batman TAS show from 1990 (!!!) with the same art style, writers and voice actors.
    Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths was essentially the same thing as MOTU Revelation. It was supposed to be a DCAU movie in continuity with Justice League Unlimited, but since the powers that be decided not to do that, it was altered slightly (John Stewart replaced with Hal Jordan, etc) but otherwise mostly remained the same script-wise.
    And then there is Justice League vs the Fatal Five that came out in 2019, 13 years after Justice League Unlimited ended, and continues that show!

Batman and Harley, Bruce Timm was pretty adamant, same with Fatal Five, is not a continuation of the series, just uses his art style and some of the themes unlike the other animated Timmverse movies they arenít part of the Timmverse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    I for one am opposed to any continuation of 200x.
    I love MYP MOTU and would have loved more!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Court Magician
    The difference is between the Filmation series and 200X series, only the Filmation series is beloved by general audiences. The Cartoon Network MYP series didn't have a cultural impact. And neither did its toys.
    Furthermore, 200x was a reboot. Rarely if ever do they reboot a reboot! Generally they instead re-reboot the original.

eg, Batman Begins is based on comic lore, not the Tim Burton movies. The newer TMNT movies took their lead from the cartoon, not the 1990s live action.

I believe it's more realistic that the powers that be would opt for just a new MOTU animated retelling.... perhaps based on the upcoming live-action film going into production this year (fingers crossed).
    Or exactly what they did, with the Netflix He-Man 3-D animation show.
    Personally I'd have preferred a 200x reboot/sequil to that. But I'd wager my Possessed Skeletor it's never going to happen.

Revelation, on the other hand, was darker and grittier while simultaneously being vastly closer to the original Filmation. In other words, it got everything right that 200x and Netflix He-Man got wrong.
    Totally Jazzed for C'MONs Clash For Eternia!

Quote Originally Posted by Dynaman View Post
    Eh, DC Comics flat out had Mekaneck making fun of Fisto's name and Fisto clearly being unamused. It's just something that needs to be dealt with.
    The same DC comics where Adora brutally kills a man's family in front of his eyes, and when Mekaneck is killed Teela quips "Eh he was totally useless?"
    Yeah, I don't much care for that comic. It's even worse than Revelation, IMHO.

Firstly, not very polite of you to label everyone who dislikes this show a name and dares to actually make this clear on a public forum.
    Tough? Politeness has never been my concern. I call what I see, no more and no less. If a person thinks they're one of the people I'm talking about, perhaps they'd do well to look in the mirror and take some time for self-reflection, because that's a sign of a guilty conscience.

As for the rest of your post, I am well aware that many "reviews" are... well, "fake" might not be the right word, but perhaps "prefabricated" would be better. I've been around, I've known people and seen things. It IS common industry practice, as unethical as it may seem, for many critics to review a movie or TV show based on what's in their press kits, and many don't bother with the pesky "watching" part. This is why, as you pointed out, so many reviews of anything are almost word-for-word similar. This is a very strong indicator that the person writing the review did not actually watch the subject in question. It happens more often than people think, and it happens across the board in movies and TV (and video games, too; most reviews of video games are based on less than two hours' worth of gameplay, even for games that take dozens or more hours to beat).

It's nothing as sinister as people being "paid off", though. Although obviously magazines, websites, newspapers etc. that fall under the same corporate umbrella as the studio which produced Movie X or TV Show Y are "encouraged" to be kind towards the product because its good for the corporation as a whole, which is also a bit unseemly on its face but also not surprising, and not every single individual critic kowtows to the company line when it's asked of them. But most do. This is the stuff you're forced to deal with when most media outlets are owned by the same two or three corporations. There's really no avoiding it.

As was explained to me, this practice is "necessary" even though it's dishonest and distasteful, because there's simply too much content out there and if critics actually had to watch every minute of every movie/show they were supposed to review, they'd need 36-hour days just to see it all while still being able to eat and sleep. You'd be shocked to know, most likely, how often this actually happens, especially in the case of things like comic book movies. Most critics watch about 30-45 minutes of those movies, then leave to write the review based on the press materials they were given (which include full and semi-detailed summaries of the entire movie, including the ending). The consensus in that area is that watching the entire movie is not necessary because "those movies are all the same anyway".

So yes, I'm aware that movie and TV reviews are pretty much complete nonsense, I actually know it better than most. You are correct, it's all nonsense and people put way too much stock in something that isn't "real". The person on the other end of the page/screen telling you the thing you're about to watch is Good or Bad most likely did not even watch it, themselves, and thus their entire opinion is suspect. You are correct. I agree with you.

And yet, whenever anyone needs some help in shoring up their own insecure opinion about a movie or TV show... they without fail run to RottenTomatoes for validation. "Bruh... BRUH... come on... that thing you like got 42%, bruh! It's garbage, bruh! Everybody knows it, bruh!" Like clockwork.

So on some level, we all know (or should know) that this stuff is nonsense. And yet, somehow, when it aligns with our own opinion... it suddenly becomes NOT nonsense.

People are very interesting.

And make no mistake, when I say "interesting" I mean "stupid".

But "interesting" is more "polite", so let's just go with that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PocketEpiphany View Post
    I mean, saying that some complained about the show doesn't mean that everyone who complained about the show are those names. And he specifically named some he was talking about: "Clownfish and the other folks" on Youtube.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by Rikki Roxx; January 13, 2022 at 05:44am.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    There's two way to look at reviews like what Revelation or almost ANY show receives. I spent a LOT of time reviewing the Revelation reviews and a vast majority of them aren't really reviews. They're basically someone who created an account to say they hated it and clicked a half star for the show.

So what does that tell you?

1. Almost nothing because the review was worthless. No content and the reviewer obviously didn't really give their thoughts on the overall show.

2. This person hated the show.

So IMO Revelation was bombed. To create an account only to give the lowest score possible without an actual review is just an attempted to make the show look bad.

The REAL question is WHY?

What could motivate someone to blindly tag along to someones else opinion without making one up on their own.

What did anyone gain in hate bombing this show?

Is it a sign of the time we live in? Conform or what?

Reminder: woke and political discussions need to take place in the Tar Swamp forum, not in this thread. Thanks

All I know is that I enjoyed the MYP show WAY more than Revelations.

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    All I know is that I enjoyed the MYP show WAY more than Revelations.

this x1000

Revelation took 10 episodes to tell a slow-moving, poorly constructed story that most cartoons could cover in one or two episodes. It was bright and colorful, and had some good moments, but overall, it definitely didn't live up to expectations.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    this x1000

Revelation took 10 episodes to tell a slow-moving, poorly constructed story that most cartoons could cover in one or two episodes. It was bright and colorful, and had some good moments, but overall, it definitely didn't live up to expectations.
    Uh, can you explain HOW, exactly, this could have been told in one or two episodes? Because I had the opposite problem, I feel like this should have been a full 26 episodes, and that it had been covering way too much in such a short timespan.

I sincerely hope for more Revelation and the CGI series!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Quote Originally Posted by RiverToad View Post
    Uh, can you explain HOW, exactly, this could have been told in one or two episodes? Because I had the opposite problem, I feel like this should have been a full 26 episodes, and that it had been covering way too much in such a short timespan.
    This X 1000 MYP was really good but it was no Revelations as far as story went or art or backgrounds or animation....

this x1000

...Whose
    expectations?
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Heroic Warrior King Daddy Bo-Hog's Avatar
    this x1000

If one has ridiculous expectations, they are bound to be disappointed. Don't go into something with expectations. Just go into it to enjoy the ride and you'll be a lot happier.