Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 848565758
Results 1,426 to 1,436 of 1436

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Netflix Series

I believe they are. Someone mentioned it looks like the cape on Skeletor and the fur trim on He-Man's boots might be soft goods- which we haven't seen in the boot dept. outside of the Mondo 1/6 scale figures (it would be kind of funny if Mattel were inspired by the Mondo figures to add this detail). If any part of Evil-Lyn's outfit is actual fabric... on a tactile level, this would elevate these figures a bit. But I seem to remember a 19.99 price point being bandied about for these and while I'm no expert, it seems like if these figures had actual cloth capes, fur boots, or what-not that they might be more expensive (I know Origins She-Ra has soft goods, but that's also a 5.5" figure with far less articulation than Masterverse is doing).
    ANYWAYS... as you can tell, I'm trying to come around to Revelations Evil-Lyn, but I'm not convincing myself yet because- yeah- I just think as an action figure she's dull.
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Yes, they do look like soft goods. Now that these poor pictures are out there, I think Mattel need to go ahead and release full HD shots, because I have no doubt these pics are not doing these figures any favours either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    I think Mattel need to go ahead and release full HD shots, because I have no doubt these pics are not doing these figures any favours either way.
    Quoted For Truth!
    Odd Man Out

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    Well, I didn't instantly recognize Evil-Lyn—didn't recognize her at all, in fact, and was kinda thinking she was a new character or the mysterious “Priestess”—, until I noticed the alternate head with the spiked headpiece. So big fail there for them.
    When I first saw the small thumbnail image of the 4 characters (He-man, Skeletror, Battlecat, Evil-Lyn), the first thing that came to mind is that it was Frosta.

But when I clicked on the thumbnail and viewed the larger image, I could tell that it wasn't Frosta.

But it still looks nothing like Evil-Lyn.

Some minor changes are cool, but this is another one that they flipped upside down and it looks nothing like the original.

Characters, as they progress through the decades, should at least have a reasonable resemblance to who they originally are.

Why do the designers sometimes have to completely overhaul a character instead of tweaking them

So now that Evil Lyn is from the Southern Water Tribe, will she be the anti-water-bender?
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Yes, they do look like soft goods. Now that these poor pictures are out there, I think Mattel need to go ahead and release full HD shots, because I have no doubt these pics are not doing these figures any favours either way.
    Taking down all these shots suggests they aren't happy with the reception. I don't think they'll release anything better, though. Probably just bank on time healing that wound.

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    So now that Evil Lyn is from the Southern Water Tribe, will she be the anti-water-bender?
    Evil-Lyn is always stealing everyone's costumes! First Teela, now this

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    Evil-Lyn is always stealing everyone's costumes! First Teela, now this
    First Teela, and now Frosta

My hopes are still high though. But this isn't Evil-Lyn, it's a brand new character. The only thing they have in common is the name "Evil-Lyn".

Other examples like this that come to mind are Bow and Admiral Scurvy in the new She Ra series. There is zero resemblance between their new designs and what they really look like. They want to tweak with the designs, sure - no problem. But why all these complete makeovers that bear no resemblance at all

The Evil-Lyn design is more for a live action movie or series,that intrigue me

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos88 View Post
    Taking down all these shots suggests they aren't happy with the reception. I don't think they'll release anything better, though. Probably just bank on time healing that wound.
    I would say it’s more likely they weren't supposed to reveal any of the pictures now, especially not in poor definition. The design for the CG show was taken down too. This happens all the time with toy companies, movie studios and the like when they reveal things they're not supposed to.
    Last edited by Krueger; Yesterday at 08:10pm.

They deleted the images of MOTU because Mattel didn't expect it created such a buzz ,it was just an analyst meeting no for the public.
    MOTU is allegedly the "less" important brand ever for Mattel but the only that creates news in this kind of events, there was news about Barbie, Hot Wheels and other big brands but sites take the motu stuff.