Page 84 of 291 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 7267

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Netflix Series

  1. #2076
    Evil Warrior jibernish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by tpi View Post
    phew! that's good to know... Spikor is one of my favourites
    I also saw that Spikor preorder up on deep discount. Com. I was surprised. He's one of my favorites and he gets overlooked a lot. I'm super hoping they make a figure of him and that listing wasn't a mistake.

    I didn't really like the Classics figure, and we didn't get him in 200x either. The original 80s was my favorite figure after He-man himself. I designed a few beasts for him to ride too. Might try to make them one day.

  2. #2077
    Heroic Warrior InThe80s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    961
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynaman View Post
    So Kevin Smith and Mattel lied…to be Current Year.

    It’s be a waste of goodwill and money if true, but why would everyone repeatedly deny it?
    Why would they lie about it? Because they want you to BUY the bait and switch. If they were up front about it and said hey we are making a new show about Teela NOBODY would watch it.

    It is all about the bait and switch. First they bait the hook, lure you in, and then they pull the rug out from under you. They yank that football away at the last second because that is how they operate. Then they expect you to thank them for it. That they are teaching some kind valuable lesson.



    This post by Rikki Roxx sums up what is going on so perfectly I had to immortalize it with picture.


  3. #2078

  4. #2079
    ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    7,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos88 View Post
    It's good to see Kevin commenting on this stuff. It's easing a LOT of my worries about the show. The fact that the synopsis only covers the first part alone is reassuring.
    If you understand this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos88 View Post
    As for the videos themselves, outrage gets clicks. That's it.
    Then you should not have these concerns:

    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos88 View Post
    I can't speak for others, but I care about MotU so that's why I'm concerned about how this series is being handled. After what happened with the new Star Wars trilogy I'm very wary of Hollywood touching franchises I enjoy.
    The number of people willing to accept misinformation from click-bait reactionaries on YouTube is disheartening.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by InThe80s View Post
    Why would they lie about it? Because they want you to BUY the bait and switch. If they were up front about it and said hey we are making a new show about Teela NOBODY would watch it.

    It is all about the bait and switch. First they bait the hook, lure you in, and then they pull the rug out from under you. They yank that football away at the last second because that is how they operate. Then they expect you to thank them for it. That they are teaching some kind valuable lesson.

    This post by Rikki Roxx sums up what is going on so perfectly I had to immortalize it with picture.
    Bookmarking this for when this does not come to pass. I cannot wait to see how well these posts are going to age.

  5. #2080
    Heroic Warrior depp76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,654
    Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    I also saw that Spikor preorder up on deep discount. Com. I was surprised. He's one of my favorites and he gets overlooked a lot. I'm super hoping they make a figure of him and that listing wasn't a mistake.

    I didn't really like the Classics figure, and we didn't get him in 200x either. The original 80s was my favorite figure after He-man himself. I designed a few beasts for him to ride too. Might try to make them one day.
    Spikor, along with Mossman, Teela, Man-at-Arms, Evil-lyn, Beast Man, He-man, Skeletor, and SkeleGod are all up for preorder at Zavvi. So yes Spikor is coming.

  6. #2081
    Cobra Saboteur Firefly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    12,621
    He-Man gets trapped in glass? It sounds like someone will be imprisoned ala Superman 2.

  7. #2082
    Heroic Warrior AntiEternia He-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    He-Man gets trapped in glass? It sounds like someone will be imprisoned ala Superman 2.
    Superman 2 hmm that sounds familiar.

  8. #2083
    Heroic Warrior Rikki Roxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    nWo Country
    Posts
    1,352
    Quote Originally Posted by InThe80s View Post

    This post by Rikki Roxx sums up what is going on so perfectly I had to immortalize it with picture. They have taken a very much convert the heathens approach here. We're the heathens and they have come to enlighten us and show us the light. All our ideas are wrong and they are going to make us better people by trashing our childhood heroes and replacing them with what is right and good in the world for the current year. In the end we will love them all the more for doing this. They fully 100 percent believe in this delusion.

    https://i.imgur.com/BuRCulg.png
    Hey man, that makes me smile. Glad I could brighten up your day.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

  9. #2084
    ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    7,352
    Has anyone been able to bookmark Revelations: The Masters of the Universe Revelation Aftershow on Netflix yet? Tallstar?

  10. #2085
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    8,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    He-Man gets trapped in glass? It sounds like someone will be imprisoned ala Superman 2.









    This is from a Kevin tweet:
    "We can’t release a synopsis for Part 2 without spoiling Part 1. So any synopsis out there now would only be for Part 1. But our sprawling storyline is so full of twists & turns, I’ve yet to read an online theory about Revelation that’s ever come close to guessing the actual plot."

    Interesting!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

    >>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

  11. #2086
    Catwoman...Hear Me Roar! Mikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Catwoman's Catacomb
    Posts
    7,448
    I am naturally looking forward to my favourite character Evil-Lyn.

    I would love to see Saurod in animation as well, preferably using his sparking mouth power.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

    - Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

  12. #2087
    Heroic Warrior Epicasino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    1,680
    Really liked the art and animation, hated the song they chose... Don't get me wrong, it's not that I hate the song itself, but I think the teaser deserved some epic heroic instrumental original music like the one we heard in that Kevin Smith video from a few months back. The music really ruined it for me, like I said I enjoyed the visuals, but not having epic music from the show turned it into a bit of a joke.

  13. #2088
    Heroic Warrior InThe80s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    961
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post

    Bookmarking this for when this does not come to pass. I cannot wait to see how well these posts are going to age.
    Nothing would please me more than to be proven wrong on this. All I want is a good He-Man show that is actually about He-Man and not the usual bait and switch that comes out of Hollywood these days. Just once I would like to see what is promised actually get delivered and not be disappointed. Realistically that is probably not going to happen. I admire your optimism though.

  14. #2089
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by AntiEternia He-Man View Post
    Superman 2… hmm that sounds familiar.
    Thing is...which cut of it is it?

    The Donner cut or Lester Cut?

    Donner Cut: Lois finds out by shooting Clark with blank bullets
    Lester Cut: Lois finds out when Clark trips over a rug

    Obviously while the identity reveal is part of it, I think they'll be an additional homage, mainly this scene, only it'll be the reverse and Skeletor will win:


  15. #2090
    Heroic Warrior wolfsfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,920
    I am wondering if that is Orko or another Trollan stopping the attack in the teaser trailer. I would like to think it is Orko because it would be great for them to acknowledge just how strong he can be instead of him just being the bumbling comic relief who messes up all his magic.

  16. #2091
    Widget Mineternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Personally, I don't understand alarmists and other people who criticise a show BEFORE it even starts, people should go into this with open minds and hope for an amazing and wonderful series (which I am absolutely sure it will be)...

    I am naturally looking forward to my favourite character Evil-Lyn. ...
    That part about picking up, where the 80s series left off...? I dunno'.

    As for Evil-Lyn, ..in Alfredo Alcala's minicomic Masks of Power, she was the goddess of Eternia's orcs. That gives us fans and writers, as well, a useful segue o rabbit hole into the realms of Eternia's gods, which we really haven't been much acquainted with. I see no reason why reintroducing her, as a dark or fallen goddess, as in minicomic Eternia, couldn't be stitched into her Filma-inspired backstory, in Revelations.

    Remember...the genius of Procrustus, in The Magic Stealer mini, was that writer Gary Cohn used the Magic Stealer crisis to shoe-horn in a reference to a previously unseen 'Inner World'. Cohn never actually showed us a bloody Inner World. Just the same, it was enough to leave Mini-ternia fans salivating, "What Inner World?! Nobody's shown us an Inner World! What else is there to see in the Inner World?! Tell us--we must know!"

    In kind, Evil-Lyn could be a segue into the goddy realms, something that will feel fresh and newly intriguing to us.
    Last edited by Mineternia; June 13, 2021 at 08:04am. Reason: clarity

  17. #2092
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    23,959
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Has anyone been able to bookmark Revelations: The Masters of the Universe Revelation Aftershow on Netflix yet? Tallstar?
    Nope. I haven't seen it in the search results.

  18. #2093
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    257
    Quote Originally Posted by Mineternia View Post
    In Alfredo Alcala's minicomic Masks of Power, she was the goddess of Eternia's orcs. I see no reason why reintroducing her, as a dark or fallen goddess, as in minicomic Eternia, couldn't be stitched into her Filma-inspired backstory, in Revelations.
    What Filma-inspired backstory? She never had one. There was the "astronaut Evelyn Morgan Powers" origin that sat unused in the Halperin bible. Then 200X made her the daughter of a lich called the Faceless One. And apparently there were Image comics showing him alive in King Grayskull's time with her as a baby Keldor took to the future?

  19. #2094
    Widget Mineternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by MCX-Eternia View Post
    What Filma-inspired backstory? She never had one. There was the "astronaut Evelyn Morgan Powers" origin that sat unused in the Halperin bible. Then 200X made her the daughter of a lich called the Faceless One. And apparently there were Image comics showing him alive in King Grayskull's time with her as a baby Keldor took to the future?
    This new series reportedly picks up, where the 80s series left off, ..and not from the Manga series, from the early 2Ks. So the backstory we'll be getting in Rev' will be, at the very least, inspired by Filmation carftoon.

    I'm orale with evil astronaut thing, but favor the minicomic backstory - "Mistress...of the orcs".
    Last edited by Mineternia; June 13, 2021 at 08:12am.

  20. #2095
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    257
    Quote Originally Posted by Mineternia View Post
    This new series reportedly picks up, where the 80s series left off, ..and not from the Manga series, from the early 2Ks. So the backstory we'll be getting in Rev' will be, at the very least, inspired by Filmation carftoon.
    Then it will be all-new since she didn't have a Filmation backstory, was my point.

  21. #2096
    Widget Mineternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by MCX-Eternia View Post
    Then it will be all-new since she didn't have a Filmation backstory, was my point.
    Frankly, ..I see no reason you can't have both.

    Some brilliant writer could establish that astronaut Evelyn Powers befell a dark fate, ..wandering the Eternian wastelands, where she became possessed by the ancient warrior goddess, Evil-Lyn. Imagine Marlena's astronaut rival wandering an alien landscape, dying of thirst or hunger, desperate for salvation, ..only to have her prayers answered, by a demonic alien intelligence...wow! For my money, that is better, than the trendy, CW'ish origin - something about her starting, as a rebellious Eternian teen - [Ye gods, I hated it!] created for the 'Masters Classics' figure line.

    It'd be a slight rip-off of how Circe gets her big sorcery, in the Wonder Woman comics, but, it could totally work.
    Last edited by Mineternia; June 13, 2021 at 08:30am. Reason: clarity

  22. #2097
    Heroic Warrior Smitty.81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Wichita Falls, TX, USA
    Posts
    1,205
    I can think of a hand full of Filiation episodes where He-Man or Prince Adam is lost captured or otherwise incapacitated and Teela or another character has to save the day. Hell, there's even one where his mommy has to come save him. this will be like that but longer.
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 10/17/2021

  23. #2098
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    22,007
    Bookmarking this for when this does not come to pass. I cannot wait to see how well these posts are going to age.
    I really, really hope you're right.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    I can think of a hand full of Filiation episodes where He-Man or Prince Adam is lost captured or otherwise incapacitated and Teela or another character has to save the day. Hell, there's even one where his mommy has to come save him. this will be like that but longer.
    This show is probably that. The synopsis is about part one only.

    Hell, the show could disprove every rumored point and the detractors would STILL find things to hate about it.

    The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

    Sagitar (Jetlag) Azdar Belzar Chazdar 200X Evil-Lyn 200X Teenage Prince Adam 200X Teenage Teela 200X Sorceress General Rattlor (MYP) 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena Ice Armor He-Man WMD Roboto

  24. #2099
    Yuengling danielsan52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Lake Shore, MD
    Posts
    2,960
    Quote Originally Posted by Epicasino View Post
    Really liked the art and animation, hated the song they chose... Don't get me wrong, it's not that I hate the song itself, but I think the teaser deserved some epic heroic instrumental original music like the one we heard in that Kevin Smith video from a few months back. The music really ruined it for me, like I said I enjoyed the visuals, but not having epic music from the show turned it into a bit of a joke.
    The friends Ive shown it to feel completely the opposite. For them it made it that much cooler.
    Danielsan52


    Most wanted Classics figures:
    Stretch Neck, Vypor, Sharella, Secret Liquid of Life Teela, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Princess Rana, Golden Rod/Aramesh, RoboWoman, Prince Dakon, Shezar, NA Sorceress, Ultimate Goddess, Lt. Andra

  25. #2100
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    257
    Didn't this only start with Ghostbusters?
    Though I suppose that even if the only examples were that and Star Wars, the latter by itself was so huge in the English-speaking world as to put geeks on guard against every single continuation or reboot of an old property replacing the male hero.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •