Page 280 of 293 FirstFirst ... 180230270278279280281282290 ... LastLast
Results 6,976 to 7,000 of 7315

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Netflix Series

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Also, your snarky 'insecure' jab is a bit hypocritical, no?
    The thing is, you can create positive vibes without taking routine pot shots at the original show, it's successors, or anything that came before Revelation just to big it up, or the fans that, among the outraged, have legit criticisms about the programme and have things to say about it in a constructive manner. You lot lump them all in with the extremists and decree them a 'vocal minority'. They're not. They're on equal standing with those who enjoy it, and their opinions deserve to be heard.

Fans can get their points across about their enjoyment of the show without trying to instigate, unfortunately, you and others like you have just allowed yourself to get so personally involved and immersed in the dysfunctional back and forth that you've lost all sense of that, and your attempts to 'stay positive' about Revelation have only made things worse by enabling further toxicity.

My 'insecure' comment isn't snark or a jab, it's the truth. This whole thing has become a **** measuring contest...who's show is bigger etc. And yeah, I'm as guilty of it as anyone else, but the difference between you and me? I'm aware of it. Just own it man.

Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    I’m ready for a much more adult take on he-man. It’s like Kevin smith tried to do that but would pull back.
    In some ways, I'm glad Smith did, that's what enabled me to enjoy the bits that I did, frankly I don't take too much stock in what most modern fans find 'adult' as it usually is just a fourteen year old's idea of 'adult' (prime example are those god awful DC animated movies)
    Last edited by Cameron Samurai; September 15, 2021 at 06:03am.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    The thing is, you can create positive vibes without taking routine pot shots at the original show, it's successors, or anything that came before Revelation just to big it up, or the fans that, among the outraged, have legit criticisms about the programme and have things to say about it in a constructive manner. You lot lump them all in with the extremists and decree them a 'vocal minority'. They're not. They're on equal standing with those who enjoy it, and their opinions deserve to be heard.

Fans can get their points across about their enjoyment of the show without trying to instigate, unfortunately, you and others like you have just allowed yourself to get so personally involved and immersed in the dysfunctional back and forth that you've lost all sense of that, and your attempts to 'stay positive' about Revelation have only made things worse by enabling further toxicity.

My 'insecure' comment isn't snark or a jab, it's the truth. This whole thing has become a d*ck measuring contest...who's show is bigger etc. And yeah, I'm as guilty of it as anyone else, but the difference between you and me? I'm aware of it. Just own it man.

In some ways, I'm glad Smith did, that's what enabled me to enjoy the bits that I did, frankly I don't take too much stock in what most modern fans find 'adult' as it usually is just a fourteen year old's idea of 'adult' (prime example are those god awful DC animated movies)
    It’s not even worth arguing at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post

My 'insecure' comment isn't snark or a jab, it's the truth. This whole thing has become a d*ck measuring contest...who's show is bigger etc. And yeah, I'm as guilty of it as anyone else, but the difference between you and me? I'm aware of it. Just own it man.

I get what you mean….my “adult” is more the 1987 film adult. I’m ready for a more I don’t know…..lord of the rings type of battle? Just something more….epic. Dare I say I’m ready to leave Adam behind and move to He-man. It’s hard to explain in the written word.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    It sounds like those people need a stronger constitution and a more open mind.
    Nah, not really. People can choose what they want to spend their time on.

Please no personal jabs at each other. Please be more respectful towards each other. This thread should be about the show and not each other. Thanks.

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    Nah, not really. People can choose what they want to spend their time on.
    Konja7 literally stated that some people prejudge a series and do not watch it, citing himself as an example with regard to She-Ra and the Princesses of Power. Nobody is disputing that people are permitted to choose how they spend their time. But if you declare a series not worth your time to watch, then by extension, it should not be worth your time to discuss either. That is the supreme irony of all of this: the series is evidently not worth the two hours it takes to watch it, but it is worth discussing for hours even though they have not watched it and do not know what takes place in it.

My point is that people who judge a book by its cover, the most repeated moral of the Filmation series they pretend to love, need to get stronger. Because if your uncomfortability with artwork or themes causes your mind to shut like a steel trap, then you are just cheating yourself out of an experience you might actually enjoy. The entire purpose of art is provocation: to make you think or feel something; and those thoughts and feelings are sometimes meant to challenge you. But the response to art you do not like is not to declare it bad, but to question what is it about the art that makes you have these thoughts and feelings, so you can examine your own attitudes and values.

At the end of the experience, you may think and feel the same way, but you will have a better understanding of and a stronger committment to your own attitudes and values for having done the exercise, and probably an appreciate for the artwork and the artist for challenging you in the first place. It is striking to me how many people can love such an imaginative property, but be so intellectually uncurious as to reject something outright without having even given it a chance. Hence, my suggestion that they would do better to be more open-minded.

Widget
    Konja7 literally stated that some people prejudge a series and do not watch it, citing himself as an example with regard to She-Ra and the Princesses of Power. Nobody is disputing that people are permitted to choose how they spend their time. But if you declare a series not worth your time to watch, then by extension, it should not be worth your time to discuss either. That is the supreme irony of all of this: the series is evidently not worth the two hours it takes to watch it, but it is worth discussing for hours even though they have not watched it and do not know what takes place in it.

My point is that people who judge a book by its cover, the most repeated moral of the Filmation series they pretend to love, need to get stronger. Because if your uncomfortability with artwork or themes causes your mind to shut like a steel trap, then you are just cheating yourself out of an experience you might actually enjoy. The entire purpose of art is provocation: to make you think or feel something; and those thoughts and feelings are sometimes meant to challenge you. But the response to art you do not like is not to declare it bad, but to question what is it about the art that makes you have these thoughts and feelings, so you can examine your own attitudes and values.

At the end of the experience, you may think and feel the same way, but you will have a better understanding of and a stronger committment to your own attitudes and values for having done the exercise, and probably an appreciate for the artwork and the artist for challenging you in the first place. It is striking to me how many people can love such an imaginative property, but be so intellectually uncurious as to reject something outright without having even given it a chance. Hence, my suggestion that they would do better to be more open-minded.
    At the end, people could complaint about the changes even if they don't see the story. After all, the change they know is the part they really hate. And this is a discussion forum.

Many people don't want to be challenged. If they really hate a change, they will likely still hate the story at the end. It doesn't matter how much work the staff put on that. So, it would be only a waste of time and money for them.

It's ironic, but they still want to vent their frustration for the change.

PS: Although I really dislike the designs, I've never complained about She-Ra's Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    At the end, people could complaint about the changes even if they don't see the story. After all, the change they know is the part they really hate. And this is a discussion forum.

Many people don't want to be challenged. If they really hate a change, they will likely still hate the story at the end. It doesn't matter how much work the staff put on that. So, it would be only a waste of time and money for them.

PS: Although I really dislike the designs, I've never complained about She-Ra's Netflix.
    I, too, like to judge things unworthy of my time without having seen them, then unironically spend my time posting how much I hate something I do not know anything about, because I previously deemed it unworthy of my time. That is not at all hypocrical, and totally valid. I am glad we agree.

Lol my sides are hurting from not laughing at all.

Widget
    I, too, like to judge things unworthy of my time without having seen them, then unironically spend my time posting how much I hate something I do not know anything about, because I previously deemed it unworthy of my time. That is not at all hypocrical, and totally valid. I am glad we agree.
    Yeah. It's pretty good that we agree that the existence of different opinions are pretty valid.

This... makes absolutely no sense...

It's literally the definition of judging a book by its cover.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Yeah. It's pretty good that we agree that the existence of different opinions are pretty valid.
    Acknowledging that different opinions exist is not an acknowledgment that all opinions are valid, in case that was not clear from my previous post.

(Not pointed at you but) Talk about self insulting! You're literally describing the 52 year old base level employee who has been working for 20 years and never doing any better than the day they started. And they never will!

They hate change and LOVE to complain

These people are not the one's companies are trying to please or reach because it's a fruitless endeavor. You can't please these people and they're in the minority. Can you imagine if people like this were the majority of our society? We'd still be living in caves.
    "A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him."

I agree with your points about having an open mind and the purpose of art (though where MOTUR falls on the art v entertainment continuum is debatable). My comment was solely about you telling people how they need to be, and how you made that comment in a disparaging way. It was a very judgmental comment.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cjblanch View Post
    Did you really think, though--even for a brief moment--that He-Man wasn't coming back?
    In today's climate?!!

007 is getting replaced. John Connor was replaced. In the MCU, the original heroes are getting replaced by legacy versions -- Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Hawkeye and Black Widow. Why not do the same in MOTU if the creators have that same mentality? We have a female Thor coming. Why not a woman who calls herself "He-Man"?

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    I agree with your points about having an open mind and the purpose of art (though where MOTUR falls on the art v entertainment continuum is debatable). My comment was solely about you telling people how they need to be, and how you made that comment in a disparaging way. It was a very judgmental comment.
    If you agree, then what is the complaint? It sounds like tone policing to me. If people consider the suggestion to try to be more open-minded to be judgmental, then they really do need a stronger constitution.

Even though I liked this show, I don’t have the urge to watch it again like I do with the new He-man and the masters of the universe that just hit Netflix.

On the idea of hating the show without watching it….damn that seems silly to me, but whatever floats your boat. People deprive themselves of a lot of joy by prejudging anything.

Even though I liked this show, I don’t have the urge to watch it again like I do with the new He-man and the masters of the universe that just hit Netflix.

On the idea of hating the show without watching it….damn that seems silly to me, but whatever floats your boat. People deprive themselves of a lot of joy by prejudging anything.
    Two additional consequences of this phenomenon are:

1. YouTubers make money by spreading false conjecture, read: BS, and nothing can be done about it.
    2. The people who drank the koolaid feel like they have to continue to hate something (picking apart the most inane details) - even if they actually like it.

We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Two additional consequences of this phenomenon are:

1. YouTubers make money by spreading false conjecture, read: BS, and nothing can be done about it.
    2. The people who drank the koolaid feel like they have to continue to hate something (picking apart the most inane details) - even if they actually like it.

I don’t understand that thinking. If I’m wrong no one beats me up more than….me. I love being proven wrong. I thought I’d hate the new ghostbusters film(2016) but I loved it. If someone shows me a better way….I can’t jump at it fast enough.

I will always stand by my belief that social media is a cancer.

Plus this show still has a second part to it. How do you judge a show half way through and without seeing it? I just don’t get it.

I think people here are putting way too much emphasis on youtube and social media. The average person does not care about youtube reviews, good or bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I think people here are putting way too much emphasis on youtube and social media. The average person does not care about youtube reviews, good or bad.
    They have all moved on anyway the CGI show seems to have not caught their attention.
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

Plus this show still has a second part to it. How do you judge a show half way through and without seeing it? I just don’t get it.
    You could say that about any tv show. Outside of diehard MOTU fans, do you think a typical Netflix viewer gives a show 10 episodes to impress them? I'm still hopeful that it gets renewed for another season, but even more popular shows that get renewed season to season seem to putter out after around 3 seasons or so on Netflix.

So long as the final five episodes don't do anything to completely alienate the fan base I think everybody will jump back onto this show and push for more. I mean it seems like a no brainer. The traffic is going to slow down till we get a solid release date. Hopefully Clown fish and the others will be on it like stink on a dirty diaper. Which is to say full of it and generating heat for this show again. The new show isn't helping either, when that cools down we'll see what happens....

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    You could say that about any tv show. Outside of diehard MOTU fans, do you think a typical Netflix viewer gives a show 10 episodes to impress them? I'm still hopeful that it gets renewed for another season, but even more popular shows that get renewed season to season seem to putter out after around 3 seasons or so on Netflix.
    Why you gotta hit me with reality?

You are right you most people need fire from the start.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by smanomega View Post
    So long as the final five episodes don't do anything to completely alienate the fan base I think everybody will jump back onto this show and push for more. I mean it seems like a no brainer. The traffic is going to slow down till we get a solid release date. Hopefully Clown fish and the others will be on it like stink on a dirty diaper. Which is to say full of it and generating heat for this show again. The new show isn't helping either, when that cools down we'll see what happens....
    Honestly. I am still confused why there was so much hate in the first place. We wait 35 years for a new MOTU series and the first thing people do is light up the internet cause it’s not the show they wanted. I mean. We got a show thou! And I’ can’t help but wonder how many of those fanboys don’t even remember the series. Cause Teela was a Vital character in the original series too.

I would be very depressed if those that hated the series ruin the chances for a second season. Cause if you really look at it. If this doesn’t get renewed for a second season. Why would Netflix gamble on the movie?

Why would Netflix or ANYONE gamble on a MOTU movie or Live Action series if this doesn’t pan out?

And I’m not talking about the kids show cause it seems very different from our MOTU. And I understand Amazon is flirting with a She-Ra show - but that’s a long time away & she-Ra got the extension already