Page 342 of 365 FirstFirst ... 242292332340341342343344352 ... LastLast
Results 8,526 to 8,550 of 9101

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Netflix Series

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    Man. Take a few days off, come back and spend way too much time scrolling through 10+ pages of... well, I don't want to dignify most of it by calling it "discussion". Some of it is some of it is a bit of the old circular-jerkular if we're being completely honest.

But man, I hate when I'm right. The "discourse" surrounding this show has only gotten WORSE, not better, upon the show's completion.

I honestly can't remember the last time I genuinely enjoyed something while simultaneously wishing that it had never happened at all. Because while I did enjoy the show, I'm not sure it was worth irreparably fracturing the fanbase the way it has.

I'm pretty much hoping there's no sequel. I'm just about rock-solid in hoping we NEVER get any more MOTU shows again, or a movie, or ANYTHING besides toys, once the CGI reboot runs its course.

"This is why we can't have nice things." Because "we" don't even deserve them.

Let the brand go back in the freezer, I had fun with it. If it's just gonna be More Of This every time something new comes along, I can say I 100% do not want that.

Time for another, much longer break I think. My disappointment in so many people in this fanbase is palpable, and frankly I have better and more fulfilling things to do.

See ya when I see ya. Might be tomorrow, might be next year, I don't know. Might lurk a bit, but I've lost all desire to engage any further. Have fun ranting like lunatics about the oh-so-serious merits (or lack thereof) of a cartoon show based on childrens' toys. I'll be trying not to end up loathing this entire fanbase with the same scorn I currently reserve for TMNT fans.

Thanks for the ride, I'll be around. If this whole MOTU thing ever becomes "fun" again I might have more to say.
    It's an odd choice to say you are leaving the forums because people are behaving badly while you are calling us names and insulting us.

I do understand the frustration and disappointment and other feelings you might be having though. I wish discussion here was more civil. I have had terse exchanges here I wish I had handled better. I have been too defensive at times. I have made mistakes.

And I have even left this thread and other hotly debated threads a couple of times since MOTUR premiered. The last time was because you personally kept insulting people who didn't like the show. You refused to acknowledge you were insulting anyone even though quite a few said they were being insulted, you said you liked how you were acting and that you wouldn't stop.

I'm not saying you are a bad person or have no points, but don't act like you are above it. There are posters here who are above it, who ignore the contentious posts. But neither you nor I are one of them. I say all this without anger or ill will towards you or anyone else. I say this in the hopes that things could change for the better, starting with me acknowledging my part in the problem.

Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    With an illusion, I feel that the walls they are feeling, the floors they are standing on are the Hall of Wisdom but they appear green and stony instead of white and smooth marble-y, or whatever it was made of.
    So I took a brief closer look at the transition between Grayskull and Hall of Wisdom, then back, and the towers don't line up especially on the left side, yet one can climb those Grayskull towers and perch on top of it. So it would seem, technically, it's probably more than an illusion and some sort of magical transformation, intended to hide and deceive.

Personally, I like it either way but I thought that info might make the illusion term go down easier for you.
    Last edited by Voodoo Magic; December 4, 2021 at 09:18am.
    - - - - -
    ForEternia.com
    Masters of the Universe: Revelation Fan Site

- - - - -

Widget
    Just some random responses to ideas that were brought up:

Was Clamp Champ the Man At Arms already when Skeletor returned in part 2? Or did Eternos just not have a Man At Arms for the 6-or-whatever years after Teela quit? On the one hand, nothing states it directly. On the other hand, CC says he sent the King and Queen off, Teela and Adam and to some extent Fisto seem to acknowledge him as the one in charge, and there is no specific uniform for a Man At Arms so it isn’t like we’d know unless someone says it out loud.

Speaking of CC and Fisto, Adam says something to the extent of “our friends are long gone,” in effect giving the other characters permission to kill the demons that took over their bodies. Skeletor having “ripped out their souls” using the mist also supports that killing the demons was the right thing to do. I feel like the script writers were trying to put in some extra effort to explain why killing them (or technically their possessed bodies) was morally okay. In Filmation I doubt we would have ever seen a curse that couldn’t somehow be lifted, but that is what sets Revelation apart, for better or worse. I think the audience was meant to agree with Teela that they deserved better deaths, but that’s part of why I imagine they weren’t forgotten when Teela and Adam “set things right“ in the end. Did they restore Preternia and return the souls that that belonged there, even if it wasn’t explicitly shown? In absence of a sequel I suppose it’s up to the viewer.

In some respects, it was a kindness that Andra was the one to kill them, since she knew Fisto and Clamp Champ for 10 minutes but the others knew them for years. Andra tends to do something vital to the plot in nearly every episode. In her introduction alone, she is responsible for making the tech she and Teela uses, to nabbing the chalice, to answering the hero’s call to Grayskull when Teela refuses. Her relationship to Teela shows how Teela tries to walk in the footsteps of her hero He-Man when taking on a mentorship role. She also a foil to Evil Lyn, as they were both gifted children who were practically orphaned and living alone on the streets, but where one was taken in by an abuser the other found a supportive mentor, and what a difference the company we keep makes on our worldview. Andra wasn’t born into nobility or with a magical destiny, she is a hero purely because she chose to be one, which is a nice counterbalance to some of the other characters.

I think a good argument can be made that she earns her Man At Arms title by the end. She has been a disciple of two past Man At Arms, Teela and Duncan. She has gone on a world spanning adventure to legendary strongholds, faced her fears in Hell and impressed He-Ro in heaven. She has made friends and lost friends and been betrayed by friends. As a Lieutenant she demonstrated discipline and loyalty by going along with Adam’s plan even when she didn’t think it entirely wise. She distinguished herself in battle in front of Duncan and the King, quite similarly to Duncan’s fighting style. She might not have been in the army itself for very long, and who knows if military strategy was ever one of her prowesses, but in terms of life experience, quick thinking skills, and technical capability, she seems to be the strongest candidate out of those who are alive and non-retired.

Andra may be a more appropriate choice for Man At Arms than Teela was. After all, Teela did quit after her first day and never really showed an aptitude for the tech wizard stuff her father did, though that does not seem to be a prerequisite of the position. Teela worked hard to achieve that worthiness in the eyes of her dad and the King, I have no doubt. Much of what I remember about Filmation involved her either in training or trying to get Adam to train, but filling the entirety of Duncan’s shoes didn’t really suit her, and an outsider could easily wonder if it wasn’t a bit of nepotism that placed her in her retired father’s role. Andra gives off more of an impression of being a true successor to all the things Duncan was doing.

I also wonder if it was an intentional A Team reference when Andra shows up with that mohawk styled hair at the end and says “Thanks, T!”

4C51D6FD-CBA7-454E-9B74-4B4A3D0987B0.png

Also the idea that Lyn was kind of a fake sorceress does seem possible. Skeletor described it as enhancing Lyn some with his own power, though I interpreted that as him gaslighting her about the Champion being more powerful than the sorceress, so she better not try to pull any funny business. I don’t think either of them really understand how the power works, and certainly neither does Beast Man.

How many Sorceresses and Champions are there allowed to be at once? Perhaps it stands as tradition that there be one because if there are more they could wind up fighting each other, but perhaps it is also possible for there to be an entire order of Sorceress nuns.

I really dig the Eternian gods creation story set forth in this series, with the falcon and snake and ram. The carvings on the entrance to the tides of transformation depicting it are also great. I can’t tell what is next to the Zoar icons towards the middle of the circle, but I thought that maybe it was images of sorceresses bearing witness to the miracle. If they do a sequel, it might be fun to see them introduce a bat god that stands in opposition to Zoar, or some kind of alternate take where the Bat is in Zoar’s place as supreme creation deity, and how that changes the Horde characters’ worldview.
    Last edited by Pundar; December 4, 2021 at 09:49am.

Man. Take a few days off, come back and spend way too much time scrolling through 10+ pages of... well, I don't want to dignify most of it by calling it "discussion". Some of it is some of it is a bit of the old circular-jerkular if we're being completely honest.

But man, I hate when I'm right. The "discourse" surrounding this show has only gotten WORSE, not better, upon the show's completion.
    When discussing your favorite character as a kid becomes like arguing politics at a holiday dinner. I get it. Dark-Lyn's idea of embracing the chaos is sure easier said than done!

I'm pretty much hoping there's no sequel. I'm just about rock-solid in hoping we NEVER get any more MOTU shows again, or a movie, or ANYTHING besides toys, once the CGI reboot runs its course.
    No, only 10 seasons of Revelation will do!

Good luck to you mate.
    - - - - -
    ForEternia.com

- - - - -

I honestly can't remember the last time I genuinely enjoyed something while simultaneously wishing that it had never happened at all. Because while I did enjoy the show, I'm not sure it was worth irreparably fracturing the fanbase the way it has.

"This is why we can't have nice things." Because "we" don't even deserve them.

Let the brand go back in the freezer, I had fun with it. If it's just gonna be More Of This every time something new comes along, I can say I 100% do not want that.

Time for another, much longer break I think. My disappointment in so many people in this fanbase is palpable, and frankly I have better and more fulfilling things to do.

See ya when I see ya. Might be tomorrow, might be next year, I don't know. Might lurk a bit, but I've lost all desire to engage any further. Have fun ranting like lunatics about the oh-so-serious merits (or lack thereof) of a cartoon show based on childrens' toys. I'll be trying not to end up loathing this entire fanbase with the same scorn I currently reserve for TMNT fans.

Thanks for the ride, I'll be around. If this whole MOTU thing ever becomes "fun" again I might have more to say.
    C'mon - we're debating about stuff we love. Isn't that the whole point? Get yo' He-man butt back in here and roll with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Magic View Post
    When discussing your favorite character as a kid becomes like arguing politics at a holiday dinner.
    I'll drink to that!

- - - Updated - - -

No, only 10 seasons of Revelation will do!
    Add another 10 more seasons for the CGI show and we're good.

So I took a brief closer look at the transition between Grayskull and Hall of Wisdom, then back, and the towers don't line up especially on the left side, yet one can climb those Grayskull towers and perch on top of it. So it would seem, technically, it's probably more than an illusion and some sort of magical transformation, intended to hide and deceive.

Personally, I like it either way but I thought that info might make the illusion term go down easier for you.
    I appreciate the effort

I'm building my own Castle Grayskull, so I had to make a lot of decisions about it, being that there are so many iterations of the Castle over the years. And so I have strong opinions on it, which were made stronger by this process. It just goes against what I feel that the castle is. Probably hard to explain, when you are actually creating something it does something to you also. To me the castle is the most rock solid thing on eternia and so the idea that it's an illusion doesn't sit with me well.

But when I watch it again, it won't sway me this time. But I'll watch for what you described here.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by GranamyrGreen View Post
    Plus when they kill Optimus in that movie, he stayed dead. He didn't come back a hour later like Adam did in this.
    Optimus didn't 'stay' dead regardless. It took them a yea but he came back in, what, the last sixty or so minutes of the third season and then went on to have a whole plot line in the series finale all about restoring Cybertron to a golden age. The fans got what they wanted in the end.

It's like, you can count on the castle. It's the foundation and although it's a mystery, you know that it IS. And in MOTUR, to me, it ISN'T. it's a deception.

It's like, you can count on the castle. It's the foundation and although it's a mystery, you know that it IS. And in MOTUR, to me, it ISN'T. it's a deception.
    Well I think regardless of its tangibility, Castle Grayskull remains a deception, with the goal to hide the Hall of Wisdom's secrets
    - - - - -
    ForEternia.com

- - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    Optimus didn't 'stay' dead regardless. It took them a yea but he came back in, what, the last sixty or so minutes of the third season and then went on to have a whole plot line in the series finale all about restoring Cybertron to a golden age. The fans got what they wanted in the end.
    Also when the writers killed off Optimus and other characters it was to promote the new characters toys.
    Killing of He-Man etc in Revelations was just bad and lazy writing for shock value.

Also I am not a fan of the Unicron storyline in Transformers The Movie...but the writing of that story line was sigificantly better than the mess that is Revelations.

- - - Updated - - -

I appreciate the effort

I'm building my own Castle Grayskull, so I had to make a lot of decisions about it, being that there are so many iterations of the Castle over the years. And so I have strong opinions on it, which were made stronger by this process. It just goes against what I feel that the castle is. Probably hard to explain, when you are actually creating something it does something to you also. To me the castle is the most rock solid thing on eternia and so the idea that it's an illusion doesn't sit with me well.

But when I watch it again, it won't sway me this time. But I'll watch for what you described here.
    I agree. Not a fan at all of the castle being an illusion.

Well I think regardless of its tangibility, Castle Grayskull remains a deception, with the goal to hide the Hall of Wisdom's secrets
    That's why I like Filmation's take. It's a mystery, so it can be an illusion for the Hall of Wisdom if you like. Or it could have been built by whomever, or it could even be a giant monster's skull that was built around or some spell was cast. I like not knowing. It just is. That's cool to me.

I honestly don't really care for the whole elders thing either. It doesn't bother me, but I just overlook it when it comes up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pundar View Post
    Just some random responses to ideas that were brought up:

Was Clamp Champ the Man At Arms already when Skeletor returned in part 2? Or did Eternos just not have a Man At Arms for the 6-or-whatever years after Teela quit? On the one hand, nothing states it directly. On the other hand, CC says he sent the King and Queen off, Teela and Adam and to some extent Fisto seem to acknowledge him as the one in charge, and there is no specific uniform for a Man At Arms so it isn’t like we’d know unless someone says it out loud.

Speaking of CC and Fisto, Adam says something to the extent of “our friends are long gone,” in effect giving the other characters permission to kill the demons that took over their bodies. Skeletor having “ripped out their souls” using the mist also supports that killing the demons was the right thing to do. I feel like the script writers were trying to put in some extra effort to explain why killing them (or technically their possessed bodies) was morally okay. In Filmation I doubt we would have ever seen a curse that couldn’t somehow be lifted, but that is what sets Revelation apart, for better or worse. I think the audience was meant to agree with Teela that they deserved better deaths, but that’s part of why I imagine they weren’t forgotten when Teela and Adam “set things right“ in the end. Did they restore Preternia and return the souls that that belonged there, even if it wasn’t explicitly shown? In absence of a sequel I suppose it’s up to the viewer.

In some respects, it was a kindness that Andra was the one to kill them, since she knew Fisto and Clamp Champ for 10 minutes but the others knew them for years. Andra tends to do something vital to the plot in nearly every episode. In her introduction alone, she is responsible for making the tech she and Teela uses, to nabbing the chalice, to answering the hero’s call to Grayskull when Teela refuses. Her relationship to Teela shows how Teela tries to walk in the footsteps of her hero He-Man when taking on a mentorship role. She also a foil to Evil Lyn, as they were both gifted children who were practically orphaned and living alone on the streets, but where one was taken in by an abuser the other found a supportive mentor, and what a difference the company we keep makes on our worldview. Andra wasn’t born into nobility or with a magical destiny, she is a hero purely because she chose to be one, which is a nice counterbalance to some of the other characters.

I think a good argument can be made that she earns her Man At Arms title by the end. She has been a disciple of two past Man At Arms, Teela and Duncan. She has gone on a world spanning adventure to legendary strongholds, faced her fears in Hell and impressed He-Ro in heaven. She has made friends and lost friends and been betrayed by friends. As a Lieutenant she demonstrated discipline and loyalty by going along with Adam’s plan even when she didn’t think it entirely wise. She distinguished herself in battle in front of Duncan and the King, quite similarly to Duncan’s fighting style. She might not have been in the army itself for very long, and who knows if military strategy was ever one of her prowesses, but in terms of life experience, quick thinking skills, and technical capability, she seems to be the strongest candidate out of those who are alive and non-retired.

Andra may be a more appropriate choice for Man At Arms than Teela was. After all, Teela did quit after her first day and never really showed an aptitude for the tech wizard stuff her father did, though that does not seem to be a prerequisite of the position. Teela worked hard to achieve that worthiness in the eyes of her dad and the King, I have no doubt. Much of what I remember about Filmation involved her either in training or trying to get Adam to train, but filling the entirety of Duncan’s shoes didn’t really suit her, and an outsider could easily wonder if it wasn’t a bit of nepotism that placed her in her retired father’s role. Andra gives off more of an impression of being a true successor to all the things Duncan was doing.

I also wonder if it was an intentional A Team reference when Andra shows up with that mohawk styled hair at the end and says “Thanks, T!”

4C51D6FD-CBA7-454E-9B74-4B4A3D0987B0.png

Also the idea that Lyn was kind of a fake sorceress does seem possible. Skeletor described it as enhancing Lyn some with his own power, though I interpreted that as him gaslighting her about the Champion being more powerful than the sorceress, so she better not try to pull any funny business. I don’t think either of them really understand how the power works, and certainly neither does Beast Man.

How many Sorceresses and Champions are there allowed to be at once? Perhaps it stands as tradition that there be one because if there are more they could wind up fighting each other, but perhaps it is also possible for there to be an entire order of Sorceress nuns.

I really dig the Eternian gods creation story set forth in this series, with the falcon and snake and ram. The carvings on the entrance to the tides of transformation depicting it are also great. I can’t tell what is next to the Zoar icons towards the middle of the circle, but I thought that maybe it was images of sorceresses bearing witness to the miracle. If they do a sequel, it might be fun to see them introduce a bat god that stands in opposition to Zoar, or some kind of alternate take where the Bat is in Zoar’s place as supreme creation deity, and how that changes the Horde characters’ worldview.
    You make some very good arguments for Andra as MAA. I'll watch for them also next go around. I guess part of my problem with the story is there were so many things that bothered me that they distracted me from seeing the whole picture. Plus the was just a lot going on. It was a dense 10 episodes, meaning a lot happened and the dialogue alluded to many things you had to pick up on because we didn't see the things they were talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Also when the writers killed off Optimus and other characters it was to promote the new characters toys.Killing of He-Man etc in Revelations was just bad and lazy writing for shock value..
    I think Mattel was interested in selling toys too.

But I don't believe the writers' motivation here was shock value. Like the Death of Superman, the telling itself of the main hero dying, and how the world responds to it, often sets up some compelling narratives.
    - - - - -
    ForEternia.com

- - - - -

I think Mattel was interested in selling toys too.
    If they thought the Revelations cartoon was going to help them sell the Masterverse figures they were really mistaken.
    Most shop here in the UK have them reduced or are on clearance for as low as £12. Which is a shame as the Masterverse/Revelations figures are great. Although I can understand people not being that bothered when most of the characters were either killed off or barely in part 1 of the cartoon.

Mattel certainly wanted to sell toys, but they did not change the writing to make the show more Toyetic. Had the prime interest in creating the show been to sell toys, they would have needed to feature the background characters much more. Moss Man and Spikor did little other than look cool to entice anyone outside of us to buy them. He-Man and Battle Cat took a backseat. The main protagonists were in waves 2 and 3. And MAa and Beast Man were not the action heroes that often drive toy sales.

But I actually commend Mattel for that, for putting story first, even though I didn't like the story. I think maybe their priority was to create interest in an MCU like universe they van eventually cash in on in a huge way. They probably won't get rich off of Masterverse no matter how many they sell. Toy guru always tells us this, lol.

If they thought the Revelations cartoon was going to help them sell the Masterverse figures they were really mistaken.
    Most shop here in the UK have them reduced or are on clearance for as low as £12. Which is a shame as the Masterverse/Revelations figures are great. Although I can understand people not being that bothered when most of the characters were either killed off or barely in part 1 of the cartoon.
    It doesn't help that there is 2 other retail lines that sell for less masterverse Battle Cat looks incredible BUT it's a 60.00 item here origins inferior battle Cat is 30.00 when it's not on sale for 20.00

I think Skelegod should have been in wave 2 and Scareglow moved to wave 1. By the time he makes it to toy shelves, the show will have been long forgotten by normies. Scareglow would move some units. As a little boy I'd have bought him even if he was not in any show.

Moss Man and Spikor did little other than look cool to entice anyone outside of us to buy them.
    I wouldn't equate Spikor and Moss Man in regards to subsistence in Revelation, but subsistence doesn't often equate to interest either.

I remember as a kid seeing these Bounty Hunters and wanting them all, especially Boba Fett and Bossk.

- - - Updated - - -

I think Skelegod should have been in wave 2 and Scareglow moved to wave 1.
    Well Skelegod was shown at the end of Part One, but I agree.

(I'm a guilty owner of Moss Man, Scareglow and Skelegod so far)
    - - - - -
    ForEternia.com

- - - - -

I love both MOTU Revelation and CGI MOTU, and I hope for more of both!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Quote Originally Posted by GP Legend View Post
    No, it's not. It's exactly how I described it. Maybe if people had a protected negative thread for this show like you have a positive one, this wouldn't be a problem. Until then, people will use this thread.
    *cough* Tar Swamp *cough*
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Heroic Warrior
    Although I can understand people not being that bothered when most of the characters were either killed off or barely in part 1 of the cartoon.
    That's a very important point. Characters like Fisto, Clamp-Champ, and Moss-Man were killed off after only seconds of appearing in the show. A very undeserving fate. Fans of these characters will certainly not want to commemorate these events by purchasing the toys based on the show that treated them that way.

I wouldn't equate Spikor and Moss Man in regards to subsistence in Revelation, but subsistence doesn't often equate to interest either.

I remember as a kid seeing these Bounty Hunters and wanting them all, especially Boba Fett and Bossk.

https://www.syfy.com/sites/syfy/file...unters-esb.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Well Skelegod was shown at the end of Part One, but I agree.

(I'm a guilty owner of Moss Man, Scareglow and Skelegod so far)
    It is true that kids will buy a figure just off the looks alone. That's how I got into MOTU in the first place. They just looked so cool. I think though that they would sell more if they got more of the audience to love the characters based off of what they did in the show. Basically it would add to sales.

I'm pretty much all in on the Revelation figures. I have all of the first 2 waves and have the rest of the announced figures on preorder. I even have the exclusive Scareglow. I would even buy a Beast man dog figure, as silly as I thought that was in the show. Itd probably be a cool figure.

I like the figures, though the heads are all too small.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, it wouldn't be as big an issue if all the shipping delays hadn't happened. We might have had all 3 waves on the shelves before part 2 came out. Heck, maybe that's part of why they delayed part 2. So there's be something new on TV once the figures finally got to us.

I'm pretty much all in on the Revelation figures. I have all of the first 2 waves and have the rest of the announced figures on preorder. I even have the exclusive Scareglow. I would even buy a Beast man dog figure, as silly as I thought that was in the show. Itd probably be a cool figure.

I like the figures, though the heads are all too small.
    Yeah, not sure what's up with some of those heads. I've seen some custom replacement heads selling online.

The exclusive Scareglow was a must for me and is staying in that wonderful packaging. King Grayskull will be in my clutches too.

To be fair, it wouldn't be as big an issue if all the shipping delays hadn't happened. We might have had all 3 waves on the shelves before part 2 came out. Heck, maybe that's part of why they delayed part 2. So there's be something new on TV once the figures finally got to us.
    Hmm. I never considered that, but it's a very interesting theory. I certainly wouldn't be shocked if that turned out to be true.
    - - - - -
    ForEternia.com

- - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smanomega View Post
    It doesn't help that there is 2 other retail lines that sell for less masterverse Battle Cat looks incredible BUT it's a 60.00 item here origins inferior battle Cat is 30.00 when it's not on sale for 20.00
    The Masterverse Battle Cat looks a great toy. I definitely would like to get it for my collection.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JSElshoff View Post
    That's a very important point. Characters like Fisto, Clamp-Champ, and Moss-Man were killed off after only seconds of appearing in the show. A very undeserving fate. Fans of these characters will certainly not want to commemorate these events by purchasing the toys based on the show that treated them that way.
    It's similar to why the figures of Star Wars Rogue One didn't sell that well either. And those characters at least had a fool movie, not cameo apperances in a series.

- - - Updated - - -

In regards to Star Wars those characters were cool looking characters that did very little in the story.
    But those characters were not killed off after a few seconds on screen and the toys of those characters were pocket prices...not $20 each.

In regards to Star Wars those characters were cool looking characters that did very little in the story. But those characters were not killed off after a few seconds on screen and the toys of those characters were pocket prices...not $20 each.
    But I don't recall Spikor getting killed, Moss Man had more screen time on Preternia than I think you're remembering, and don't forget to factor inflation.
    - - - - -
    ForEternia.com

- - - - -

But I don't recall Spikor getting killed, Moss Man had more screen time on Preternia than I think you're remembering, and don't forget to factor inflation.
    I never said Spikor was killed off, but he did only have a few seconds on screen time.
    Moss Man did have more screentime on Preternia but again aside from getting killed by Skeletor he did little else in the series.
    Which is a shame as they are great figures and both were favourites of mine from the vintage toyline so i instantly bought the Masterverse figures.

Even with inflation it's still a lot and honestly I just don't think kids would be that bothered about buying MOTU Revelations characters that were either killed off or were only onscreen for a few seconds. Especially when for the same price they can buy figures of prominant characters from toylines like Marvel Legends, DC Multiverse, Fortnite, Star Wars Black Series, Transformers, G.I. Joe, WWE, AEW etc.