Page 332 of 366 FirstFirst ... 232282322330331332333334342 ... LastLast
Results 8,276 to 8,300 of 9137

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Netflix Series

  1. #8276
    Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Jersey born and raised!
    Posts
    633
    Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    In this show, the power is kinda like Iron Man's suit. Iron Man's suit in the MCU can do almost anything the writers need it to do in the moment. Like if a giant space alien came to earth and said he would destroy the plant unless earth could supply him with a crystal ice cream cone in the next half hour, Tony Stark would be like, "Hey, just so happens I gave my suit the ability to fashion anything from crystals just yesterday. I haven't tested it out but here goes." I'm being ridiculous, but whenever Iron Man saves the day with some gadget we haven't seen before, it just lessens the stakes for me, takes out the tension.
    For me, it depends on the likelihood in that situation, the likelihood that Stark would have built that something in advance.

    Like Batman & Robin. They leave the Batcave in the Batmobile, and Commissioner Gordon comes on screen and says we have a new villain in town and he's called Mr. Freeze.

    And 10 minutes later, we learn the Dynamic Duo just so happens to be equipped with batskates in their boots! Oh please LOL

    - - - - -
    ForEternia.com
    Masters of the Universe: Revelation Fan Site

    - - - - -

  2. #8277
    ‹ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    7,444
    Quote Originally Posted by Pundar View Post
    Perhaps this is contradicted somewhere else that I havenít seen yet, but I was thinking that the reason Lyn was so strong was because she had claimed dual roles as Sorceress and Champion at the same time, and has basked in more of the Apex than any other character. Teela didnít really defeat her with power (though she is clearly a more skilled hand to hand fighter) but instead won psychologically thanks to Lynís chaotic mind and the love and hope Lyn had hidden away in her own heart.
    Teela was more powerful than Evil-Lyn, and more clever. "You think you chose this place? I did. This was my vision. You saw what I let you see."

  3. #8278
    Widget
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Preternia is not an analog to Christian Heaven, but to Norse Valhalla. It is the place for the honorable dead, people who died heroic deaths. Not everyone goes there. As Moss Man explained, most people die and become forests.
    Iím sure you are right, though I thought that in Valhalla Odin was plucking the best warriors himself to live and fight in Valhalla in preparation for the battle of Ragnarok. Is there someone in Eternia who is doing the same, choosing who is worthy and which deaths are honorable? Zodak, maybe?

  4. #8279
    Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Jersey born and raised!
    Posts
    633
    Quote Originally Posted by Pundar View Post
    Perhaps this is contradicted somewhere else that I havenít seen yet, but I was thinking that the reason Lyn was so strong was because she had claimed dual roles as Sorceress and Champion at the same time, and has basked in more of the Apex than any other character. Teela didnít really defeat her with power (though she is clearly a more skilled hand to hand fighter) but instead won psychologically thanks to Lynís chaotic mind and the love and hope Lyn had hidden away in her own heart.
    This is exactly how I perceived it.

    And yep, Lyn only relinquished the power after Teela basically talking her down and showing her an optimistic view of all things.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Teela was more powerful than Evil-Lyn, and more clever. "You think you chose this place? I did. This was my vision. You saw what I let you see."
    More clever. Not certain more powerful.
    - - - - -
    ForEternia.com
    Masters of the Universe: Revelation Fan Site

    - - - - -

  5. #8280
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by Pundar View Post
    What does everyone else think of how the power works in this show?
    The nature of the Power of Grayskull in Revelation is either highly intricate and complicated or simply inconsistent. The biggest problem I think is bringing Adam's explanation in line with Skeletor's and Evil-Lyn's transformation. If the sword was really "just the conduit" and Adam himself provides the (necessary) "spark", Skeletor's and Evil-Lyn's transformations should have been impossible. And If either of them had their own "spark", they would have used it long ago.

  6. #8281
    Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Jersey born and raised!
    Posts
    633
    Quote Originally Posted by JSElshoff View Post
    The nature of the Power of Grayskull in Revelation is either highly intricate and complicated or simply inconsistent. The biggest problem I think is bringing Adam's explanation in line with Skeletor's and Evil-Lyn's transformation. If the sword was really "just the conduit" and Adam himself provides the (necessary) "spark", Skeletor's and Evil-Lyn's transformations should have been impossible. And If either of them had their own "spark", they would have used it long ago.
    Skeletor searching for answers and racking his brains distraught over how Adam did that, demonstrates anyone using the power sword isn't the anomaly, but Adam doing it with his own spark and without the power sword is the anomaly. It's an explanation to the audience it's beyond normal.
    - - - - -
    ForEternia.com
    Masters of the Universe: Revelation Fan Site

    - - - - -

  7. #8282
    ‹ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    7,444
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Magic View Post
    More clever. Not certain more powerful.
    Teela was never in danger of losing that battle. She allowed Evil-Lyn to think she was, so she could corral her some place where she could not hurt anyone. Then she defeated her with words, not magic. It should be clear from the moment she said she chose their battleground, not Evil-Lyn, that she had the upperhand the entire time.

  8. #8283
    Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Jersey born and raised!
    Posts
    633
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Teela was never in danger of losing that battle. She allowed Evil-Lyn to think she was, so she could corral her some place where she could not hurt anyone. Then she defeated her with words, not magic. It should be clear from the moment she said she chose their battleground, not Evil-Lyn, that she had the upperhand the entire time.
    Hmm. I see and register what you're saying. Okay, you may have swayed me here. I need to rewatch the last episode with this in mind now.
    - - - - -
    ForEternia.com
    Masters of the Universe: Revelation Fan Site

    - - - - -

  9. #8284
    Life is good Dice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    6,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Magic View Post
    You're adding adjectives there, but how many minutes did we get of He-Man on screen to fairly criticize we got a less mature and wise He-Man? Almost all of He-Man's little time spent was in battle. We definitely got a mature Adam though.
    And maybe that's why in the little time we did get of him on screen, I felt like his few actions (outside of battle) were out of character.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Teela was never in danger of losing that battle. She allowed Evil-Lyn to think she was, so she could corral her some place where she could not hurt anyone. Then she defeated her with words, not magic. It should be clear from the moment she said she chose their battleground, not Evil-Lyn, that she had the upperhand the entire time.
    While I believe you're right here it goes back to how much "power" did Skeletor give her as a sorceress? Because even not as powerful as Teela, she was able to destroy preternia and call forth subternia. Now if that was a direct result of the apex, then it would call to reason she had a different type of power from what Skeletor/Beast-man and He-man/Battle-Cat had.
    "A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him."

  10. #8285
    Evil Warrior jibernish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,979
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Historically, the Sorceress has been tethered to the Castle, and made an oath not to access the Power herself. In the Mike Young Productions series, the Sorceress asks the Elders for forgiveness prior to breaking this oath, and accessing the Power in order to fight King Hsss.

    This is why Teela is unique, and why the Sorceress hid her destiny from her. She is the first Sorceress who will use the Power, not just guard it. In the same way that Adam is unique. He is the first Champion who does not wield the Power, but is the Power.

    It is not a coincidence that these two are the unique Sorceress and unique Champion at exactly the same time, and that they are in love. It is the fulfillment of their destiny from the beginning of eternity.
    This is an interesting idea. I'd listen to a commentary track by you

    If they do another season, I'd like to see how this escalation causes problems. Taking more power should, in my opinion, have some drawbacks. I'd like to see what those are.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Magic View Post
    For me, it depends on the likelihood in that situation, the likelihood that Stark would have built that something in advance.

    Like Batman & Robin. They leave the Batcave in the Batmobile, and Commissioner Gordon comes on screen and says we have a new villain in town and he's called Mr. Freeze.

    And 10 minutes later, we learn the Dynamic Duo just so happens to be equipped with batskates in their boots! Oh please LOL

    https://static.wixstatic.com/media/4...e8b677~mv2.gif
    ha ha, yes. Neither Iron Man nor MOTUR is as bad as the Schumacher Batman movies.

  11. #8286
    Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Jersey born and raised!
    Posts
    633
    Thanks so much for quoting this @jibernish because I missed this on the other page.


    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Historically, the Sorceress has been tethered to the Castle, and made an oath not to access the Power herself. In the Mike Young Productions series, the Sorceress asks the Elders for forgiveness prior to breaking this oath, and accessing the Power in order to fight King Hsss.

    This is why Teela is unique, and why the Sorceress hid her destiny from her. She is the first Sorceress who will use the Power, not just guard it. In the same way that Adam is unique. He is the first Champion who does not wield the Power, but is the Power.

    It is not a coincidence that these two are the unique Sorceress and unique Champion at exactly the same time, and that they are in love. It is the fulfillment of their destiny from the beginning of eternity.
    Wow. This is outstanding brother. Thanks for posting this.



    Last edited by Voodoo Magic; November 30, 2021 at 03:52pm.
    - - - - -
    ForEternia.com
    Masters of the Universe: Revelation Fan Site

    - - - - -

  12. #8287
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Magic View Post
    Skeletor searching for answers and racking his brains distraught over how Adam did that, demonstrates anyone using the power sword isn't the anomaly, but Adam doing it with his own spark and without the power sword is the anomaly. It's an explanation to the audience it's beyond normal.
    This explanation could work if Adam hadn't said "The sword is just the conduit" -- implying that it lacks any form of "spark" or initiatior itself. We could, of course, argue that Adam either was aware this was false and lied to Skeletor or believed this version himself. Both seem rather contrived, I think.

  13. #8288
    Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Jersey born and raised!
    Posts
    633
    Quote Originally Posted by JSElshoff View Post
    This explanation could work if Adam hadn't said "The sword is just the conduit" -- implying that it lacks any form of "spark" or initiatior itself. We could, of course, argue that Adam either was aware this was false and lied to Skeletor or believed this version himself. Both seem rather contrived, I think.
    Personally, I wasn't confused because I just witnessed Skeletor transform in Part One, so I knew anyone could use the sword, but Adam was clearly an anomaly that Skeletor couldn't figure out. It's a revelation that Adam seems to have started believing in at some point that there's something inside him, that he didn't need the sword, and wondered what would happen if he just said the words. But I would agree, the line could work better as perhaps "The sword was just my conduit" versus "the conduit", preventing any confusion.
    - - - - -
    ForEternia.com
    Masters of the Universe: Revelation Fan Site

    - - - - -

  14. #8289
    Mistress of the Whip! Divia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    20,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Historically, the Sorceress has been tethered to the Castle, and made an oath not to access the Power herself. In the Mike Young Productions series, the Sorceress asks the Elders for forgiveness prior to breaking this oath, and accessing the Power in order to fight King Hsss.

    This is why Teela is unique, and why the Sorceress hid her destiny from her. She is the first Sorceress who will use the Power, not just guard it. In the same way that Adam is unique. He is the first Champion who does not wield the Power, but is the Power.

    It is not a coincidence that these two are the unique Sorceress and unique Champion at exactly the same time, and that they are in love. It is the fulfillment of their destiny from the beginning of eternity.
    Well said!
    If we get a second season it will be interesting how their relationship grows. If it doesn't at least I can deal with the fact their relationship was acknowledged.
    Obey the whip! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/ak...smiley-039.gif

    Smile like you mean it.

  15. #8290
    Life is good Dice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    6,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    Well said!
    If we get a second season it will be interesting how their relationship grows. If it doesn't at least I can deal with the fact their relationship was acknowledged.
    I could easily see a second season that either has them already having some type of trouble as a couple or it becomes a part of the plot line during.
    "A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him."

  16. #8291
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Magic View Post
    Personally, I wasn't confused because I just witnessed Skeletor transform in Part One, so I knew anyone could use the sword, but Adam was clearly an anomaly that Skeletor couldn't figure out. It's a revelation that Adam seems to have started believing in at some point that there's something inside him, that he didn't need the sword, and wondered what would happen if he just said the words. But I would agree, the line could work better as perhaps "The sword was just my conduit" versus "the conduit", preventing any confusion.
    Okay, if "the conduit" was intended to mean as much as "my conduit when I transform", this actually seems to work out... somehow.

    I wonder if any of this "power sword as conduit" business is addressed in the comic. Does anyone know?

  17. #8292
    ‹ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    7,444
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    While I believe you're right here it goes back to how much "power" did Skeletor give her as a sorceress? Because even not as powerful as Teela, she was able to destroy preternia and call forth subternia. Now if that was a direct result of the apex, then it would call to reason she had a different type of power from what Skeletor/Beast-man and He-man/Battle-Cat had.
    She had the power Skeletor granted her, the power she called using the sword, and the additional power granted to her by the nexus event.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Magic View Post
    Personally, I wasn't confused because I just witnessed Skeletor transform in Part One, so I knew anyone could use the sword, but Adam was clearly an anomaly that Skeletor couldn't figure out. It's a revelation that Adam seems to have started believing in at some point that there's something inside him, that he didn't need the sword, and wondered what would happen if he just said the words. But I would agree, the line could work better as perhaps "The sword was just my conduit" versus "the conduit", preventing any confusion.
    What Adam is saying here is that the Sword only summons the Power, but that he is the Power. Skeletor says it himself, "He is the Power incarnate!" That is what Adam means when he says the sword is the conduit, but he is the spark.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    Well said!
    If we get a second season it will be interesting how their relationship grows. If it doesn't at least I can deal with the fact their relationship was acknowledged.
    I think it is cute that putting everything asideóbeing the Sorceress, being He-Man, the Power of Grayskullóthat they are still just a boy and a girl who are bashful about their feelings for one another. Adam is not certain if Teela reciprocates his feelings, or if she will choose his company if she does not need it. And even though Teela is strong, she is still soft, at least when it comes to Adam. He blushes when she reassures him that she admires him and wants him by her side. And that gives him the courage to take her hand, and she blushes too. She obviously wanted to hold his hand too, but she wanted him to make the move. It is all very innocent.

  18. #8293
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    4,754
    Yeah, I did like the blushing scene between Adam and Teela. Very innocent and sweet.

  19. #8294
    Stuponfucious Buesefus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,070
    What is the everyone’s interpretation of the falcon and snake crashing into the pool of water? My thought: the pool the bird died in is the same one the Sorceresses dip into to take over as guardian of Grayskull. As Zoar’s final resting place, the pool contains the essence and knowledge of the goddess and empowers the new Sorceress. Essentially going into the pool is how one “trains” to become the Sorceress.

    I imagine the visions shown to Lyn took place on ancient, primal Eternia. The Zoar goddess visited the planet but was killed and crashed into the lake. The first Sorceress saw this happen, entered the water, and became the first avatar of Zoar. Over time, the Hall of Wisdom was built over the pool to protect the power and knowledge within it.

    Regarding Skeletor making Lyn the Sorceress: I believe that Skeletor transformed her, much in the same way Battle Cat gets transformed by He-Man. While much stronger than normal, Lyn didn’t actually contain the full power of the Sorceress. She certainly didn’t seem to learn any more about Grayskull’s secrets as part of her transformation. Had she tried to become the Sorceress the right way (through the pool), I think Zoar/Grayskull would have rejected her.
    Last edited by Buesefus; November 30, 2021 at 07:04pm.

  20. #8295
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    8,722
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Historically, the Sorceress has been tethered to the Castle, and made an oath not to access the Power herself. In the Mike Young Productions series, the Sorceress asks the Elders for forgiveness prior to breaking this oath, and accessing the Power in order to fight King Hsss.

    This is why Teela is unique, and why the Sorceress hid her destiny from her. She is the first Sorceress who will use the Power, not just guard it. In the same way that Adam is unique. He is the first Champion who does not wield the Power, but is the Power.

    It is not a coincidence that these two are the unique Sorceress and unique Champion at exactly the same time, and that they are in love. It is the fulfillment of their destiny from the beginning of eternity.
    Yes! Thank you for this...

    So my original assumption is correct, the Sorceress chose to protect the power and only use it when absolutely necessary - and only for good, instead of wielding it for herself.

    You make a great parallel with Adam's character too... and Duncan recognized this right away, Adam shares the power - he doesn't hoard it for himself.

    Furthermore, this idea is highlighted in Part 1 when -even in the afterlife - Adam chooses to relinquish the He-Man persona, i.e. power, to just be himself... the only champion in history to do so.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

    >>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

  21. #8296
    Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Jersey born and raised!
    Posts
    633
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Yes! Thank you for this...
    Yeah, I've been so impressed with Adam_Prince of Eternia 's Filmation knowledge already, but he really knocked it out of the park today with Revelation!

    Furthermore, this idea is highlighted in Part 1 when -even in the afterlife - Adam chooses to relinquish the He-Man persona, i.e. power, to just be himself... the only champion in history to do so.
    I loved that moment when all these great powerful Champions are surrounding Adam making him look so tiny, and Adam has this smile that is so full of heart and kindness, as King Grayskull tells Teela no great champion had ever chosen their lesser self until Adam. So good.
    - - - - -
    ForEternia.com
    Masters of the Universe: Revelation Fan Site

    - - - - -

  22. #8297
    Heroic Warrior GranamyrGreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    72
    Tell the truth im a little iffy about how the whole "power" thing works. Ive only watched the cartoons and read the mini-comics. Even tho i thought it was interesting to see Skeletor and Evil Lyn get it for a while.

  23. #8298
    Heroic Warrior Cosmic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Magic View Post
    […]
    I loved that moment when all these great powerful Champions are surrounding Adam making him look so tiny, and Adam has this smile that is so full of heart and kindness, as King Grayskull tells Teela no great champion had ever chosen their lesser self until Adam. So good.
    I loved that moment very much! The series was exploring themes of why Adam (and He-Man) is special. It often felt like it was his heart that is bigger than his muscles!

  24. #8299
    ‹ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    7,444
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    You make a great parallel with Adam's character too... and Duncan recognized this right away, Adam shares the power - he doesn't hoard it for himself.
    "Adam only ever called the Power when someone else needed it. He gave it away."



    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Furthermore, this idea is highlighted in Part 1 when -even in the afterlife - Adam chooses to relinquish the He-Man persona, i.e. power, to just be himself... the only champion in history to do so.
    Grayskull was correct, no Champion has chosen his lesser form in Preternia, and that includes Adam.

  25. #8300
    Catwoman...Hear Me Roar! Mikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Catwoman's Catacomb
    Posts
    7,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Magic View Post
    For me, it depends on the likelihood in that situation, the likelihood that Stark would have built that something in advance.

    Like Batman & Robin. They leave the Batcave in the Batmobile, and Commissioner Gordon comes on screen and says we have a new villain in town and he's called Mr. Freeze.

    And 10 minutes later, we learn the Dynamic Duo just so happens to be equipped with batskates in their boots! Oh please LOL

    https://static.wixstatic.com/media/4...e8b677~mv2.gif
    I actually love the Batman & Robin movie, especially Batgirl!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

    - Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •