Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Netflix Series

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by SecretoftheSword View Post
    It is rather strange that Teela is the main character and the series is called Masters of the Universe.
    Where was it stated Teela is main character?
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Court Magician SecretoftheSword's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Where was it stated Teela is main character?
    Well, the story revolves around her.

Yeah, I thought the initial release mentions her by name as undertaking a huge task that involves saving the universe after the last big battle. I sort of expect from that statement that this series will show things mainly through her eyes. Which I'm 100% on board with. If this IS following the footsteps of Filmation, we all know Teela is destined to become the next Sorceress, so having a show that might center around her going on various quests or whatever to make things right sounds like the lead-up to her taking up the Sorceress' mantle (this is all just me guessing though).
    I am imagining this being a series that has continuity from episode to episode (unlike Filmation), that might veer off into little stand-alone adventures or stories (maybe there will be time travel, maybe she'll have to go to other planets or dimensions, maybe it will take a page out of the DC comic series and feature a multi-verse!), that will come to some epic conclusion by episode 26 (or, hopefully, leave the door ajar for future seasons- without necessarily being incomplete or cliff-hanger style).

What I want to know is- what exactly is the Revelation in the title of the series?
    Does she discover Adam is He-Man? Her destiny to become the Sorceress? The origin of Castle Grayskull? Something none of us are expecting?

It is rather strange that Teela is the main character and the series is called Masters of the Universe.
    Why is it strange that the series is called "Masters of the Universe?" That was the name of the original toyline. Are you questioning why "He-Man and the" is left out of the title? That subject was debated on these boards for a long time. Personally, I like the title better without the "He-Man and the" in it. "Master of the Universe" is a better title, IMHO.

Oh, and don't think Teela will be the main character for long. But she is a very important one.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Yeah, I thought the initial release mentions her by name as undertaking a huge task that involves saving the universe after the last big battle. I sort of expect from that statement that this series will show things mainly through her eyes. Which I'm 100% on board with. If this IS following the footsteps of Filmation, we all know Teela is destined to become the next Sorceress, so having a show that might center around her going on various quests or whatever to make things right sounds like the lead-up to her taking up the Sorceress' mantle (this is all just me guessing though).
    I am imagining this being a series that has continuity from episode to episode (unlike Filmation), that might veer off into little stand-alone adventures or stories (maybe there will be time travel, maybe she'll have to go to other planets or dimensions, maybe it will take a page out of the DC comic series and feature a multi-verse!), that will come to some epic conclusion by episode 26 (or, hopefully, leave the door ajar for future seasons- without necessarily being incomplete or cliff-hanger style).

What I want to know is- what exactly is the Revelation in the title of the series?
    Does she discover Adam is He-Man? Her destiny to become the Sorceress? The origin of Castle Grayskull? Something none of us are expecting?
    Well, the story revolves around her.
    Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    Why is it strange that the series is called "Masters of the Universe?" That was the name of the original toyline. Are you questioning why "He-Man and the" is left out of the title? That subject was debated on these boards for a long time. Personally, I like the title better without the "He-Man and the" in it. "Master of the Universe" is a better title, IMHO.

Oh, and don't think Teela will be the main character for long. But she is a very important one.
    Smith has said her role is the equivalent of Princess Leia in Star Wars and that all the main characters will take turns leading up parts of the story.

The description Netflix posted was for the first episode.

It's pretty damned obvious that they're straddling the line between "not a reboot" but "designed so that people who never watched the old show can follow it".

So this show gets to repackage a bunch of the "secret origins" of things the original show never addressed while being a sequel by having characters FIND THINGS OUT.

So we'll get the origins of the sword and the origin of Adam as He-Man in more depth and where Castle Grayskull came from and how Skeletor became Skeletor but instead of framing it as a reboot, it's a storyline set closer to the end of He-Man and Skeletor's conflict on Eternia than then it is to the beginning. But the characters don't yet know how they're connected to one another or the full stories of their own origins.

Teela is the POV character for chunks of it because if you want to do an episode that teaches the audience that Adam is He-Man, you do it through her POV since everybody else knows that already. Duncan, Randor, Marlena, Orko, Cringer -- They all know it. So if you want to cover He-Man's origin but address it late in his career, you have an episode focused on his origin where the one person who doesn't know his origin finds out. But for a lot of that, it doesn't so much make her the STAR of the episode so much as she's more like (but not quite) the NARRATOR.

Quote Originally Posted by DynastyMasters View Post
    This will eventually come out on DVD as well, right?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10826054/

Most interesting...

Mark Hamill as Skeletor
    Henry Rollins as Tri-Klops
    Alicia Silverstone as Queen Marlena
    Sarah Michelle Gellar as Teela
    Alan Oppenheimer as Moss Man

I think those are the biggest names of all the cast members, for me at least.
    Nice cast.

Quote Originally Posted by ersatz.kate View Post
    Mark Hamill as Skeletor is simply...fantastic. His Joker in the Batman the Animated Series is one of my favourite things ever and I can't wait to see him bring Skeletor to (new) life. I think it's a perfect match.

And of course the rest of the casting is a lot of fun. Well done!
    Yup and he was also Hobgoblin on Spider-Man TAS and SKektek the scientist in the Dark Crystal prequel show and the new Chucky as well.

This should be a fantastic series.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

So going by the cast list, these are all of the characters that we know of thus far that are set to return:

Other characters didn't get to appear in the original so they're "new".

Though seeing as the original show is owned by NBC Universal and they are not involved with this show and tend to be very difficult to deal with... I reckon we can expect each of the characters above (as well as the world of Eternia) to be at least 25% different.

Quote Originally Posted by 0RK0 View Post
    I need to see the animation finally. I couldn't stand the art direction the new She-Ra Netflix series went for.
    Just look at Castlevania. That's how the animation will look like.
    Designs on the other hand... who knows. Hopefully they'll find a way to avoid having to do radical changes.
    Last edited by Grimbot; February 20, 2020 at 11:39am.
    Brings doom to MOTUC with cel accuracy.

Heroic Warrior
    I could have sworn someone leaked the designs for at least He-Man at some point. But as probably many people have said in the past, the poster has the Alcala sword, which we know is the sword which will be used in Origins, so I suspect they'll be similar.

Are those Motu Revelation posters of Skeletor and He-man real? Link: https://www.comicbookmovie.com/he-ma...etflix-a172309

What happened to He-man's iron cross?
    PlayStation 4 owner? Join our Masters of the Universe community with 3k members.

Are those Motu Revelation posters of Skeletor and He-man real? Link: https://www.comicbookmovie.com/he-ma...etflix-a172309

Wrong sow they are for the reboot.

These images are confirmed to be from the SECOND new animated Netflix series, not related to the Kevin Smith Revelations series.
    We've got two cartoon series on the way

- - - Updated - - -

On a side note, it was pretty surreal flipping through this week's Austin Chronicle and seeing a write-up about Revelations!

Here's a link to the online version:
    https://www.austinchronicle.com/dail...-the-universe/

I see, thanks for the replies. Not feeling the art for those two posters YET. I don't like how drastically the sword has changed and the removal of the iron cross.

I want to see the MOTU Revelation art already, I'm more hyped about this one
    PlayStation 4 owner? Join our Masters of the Universe community with 3k members.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Personally, as there are two animated shows in development, I'd like Revelations to look more adult-like, no over-exaggerated proportions, perhaps even resemble the vintage toys more. I even wouldn't mind if the characters still looked "Filmation" but with added details and shading etc.

Really pumped for the show, especially after last Friday's surprise!
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbot View Post
    So going by the cast list, these are all of the characters that we know of thus far that are set to return:
    https://i.imgur.com/V2K0NWa.jpg

Though seeing as the original show is owned by NBC Universal and they are not involved with this show and tend to be very difficult to deal with... I reckon we can expect each of the characters above (as well as the world of Eternia) to be at least 25% different.

Designs on the other hand... who knows. Hopefully they'll find a way to avoid having to do radical changes.
    There's no such thing as a "25% different" rule in copyright or trademark.

https://i.imgur.com/V2K0NWa.jpg

The only “new” character is the priestess, who no one seems to be talking about or mentioning. Tried reaching out to keven smith but he never responded

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    The only “new” character is the priestess, who no one seems to be talking about or mentioning. Tried reaching out to keven smith but he never responded
    I wonder if she will end up being Zilora.
    Danielsan52

HELP! The Devil's in my Car!!
    The B-52's

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Personally, as there are two animated shows in development, I'd like Revelations to look more adult-like, no over-exaggerated proportions, perhaps even resemble the vintage toys more. I even wouldn't mind if the characters still looked "Filmation" but with added details and shading etc.

Really pumped for the show, especially after last Friday's surprise!
    That would be perfection. I highly doubt this will happen though.

Well, at least it won't be like She-Ra or Thundercats reboots art. They massacred these classics. (Art wise)

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    I assumed that it's the Green Goddess. Since He-Ro will be in this show, it indicates that there will be a Preternia story element.

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    NBCUniversal holds the entertainment rights to Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power. NBCUniversal is also the parent company of DreamWorks Animation, which produces She-Ra and the Princesses of Power for Netflix; and House of Cool, which is producing the upcoming He-Man and the Masters of the Universe for Netflix, is itself a client of DreamWorks Animation. So it is safe to say that Powerhouse Animation Studios, which is producing Masters of the Universe: Revelation for Netflix, is working with NBCUniversal on the show.