Page 347 of 363 FirstFirst ... 247297337345346347348349357 ... LastLast
Results 8,651 to 8,675 of 9061

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Netflix Series

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Magic View Post
    Hmm, in regards to abilities, I believe you're describing MYP Moss Man versus Filmation Moss Man. While not a MYP expert, my recollection is he was a lot more powerful in the MYP series.

Also, I don't think Moss Moss was in touch with the actual ground, just the flora inside.
    I can't remember Moss Man from filmation I don't think he could do anything besides blend in to his surroundings though if even that. Visually they were clearly using MYP Moss Man where Skeletor would have been lucky to get a word in before he found himself in a pod hurling through the air to the sea of rakash Magic fire or not.

Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    I may be remembering wrong. I thought he grew up from the ground below.

It was off screen. Possibly from the trees on the side? But in the Filmation show, when Moss Man would go to sleep he would transform/appear like the nearby plants, whatever that might be. Camouflage of sorts. Good spy quality.

But I guess what I'm saying is with all this fauna, I still believe this is like an indoor garden inside of Grayskull / The Hall of Wisdom, and there is no access to the actual ground soil if he had those vast MYP powers. But that's just an observation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smanomega View Post
    I can't remember Moss Man from filmation I don't think he could do anything besides blend in to his surroundings though if even that.
    He could talk to the other plants too and have long conversations with them, and grow his limbs like vines too.
    - - - - -
    ForEternia.com
    Masters of the Universe: Revelation Fan Site

- - - - -

Just finished watching it with my wife last night, her reaction as someone who has minimal knowledge of MOTU said it was one of the worst shows she's ever watched. The best part about this entire reboot was the initial trailer. That's it. Aside from that, I thought it was absolute garbage. Glad Kevin Smith got himself off from killing characters just because he could. I bet that's really what made him so excited as the story progressed.

But hey, glad some of you found enjoyment out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfly View Post
    Just finished watching it with my wife last night, her reaction as someone who has minimal knowledge of MOTU said it was one of the worst shows she's ever watched.
    Can you elaborate on what was it that she hated? Characterization? Dialogue? Plot holes?

Aside from that, I thought it was absolute garbage.
    Wow, nothing redeeming in score, animation, acting, nothing?
    - - - - -
    ForEternia.com

- - - - -

Just finished watching it with my wife last night, her reaction as someone who has minimal knowledge of MOTU said it was one of the worst shows she's ever watched. The best part about this entire reboot was the initial trailer. That's it. Aside from that, I thought it was absolute garbage. Glad Kevin Smith got himself off from killing characters just because he could. I bet that's really what made him so excited as the story progressed.

All you're missing is the "If I could rate it zero stars, I would!" comment, and this would qualify for an RT or MC "review..."
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

My friend who watched Filmation MOTU as a kid but hadn't kept up at all until MOTUR, said that maybe the whole motherboard story line will somehow bring Tyrantisaurus and Bionotops into the show. I was showing her these amazing customs over in the customs forum (check them out if you have a minute) and I was telling her about the techno organic virus... and she came up with that theory. It'd be kinda cool to see.

I really like the animation, basic visual design of the characters (they have a very 200X/MYP feel to them), and the bright colors of the show.

Some of the character designs are quite nice too while others are absolute trash.

Overall the show looks great; that was never the issue for me personally.

I've said in my reviews for the episodes Tony Todd killed it as Scareglow. That was inspired casting. Lena Headley was easily the second best performance on the show. I hated the Evil Lyn story but her performance was top notch.

Well, Revenge of the Fallen had all of that too. Didn't stop people from thinking it was absolute garbage. It's almost like some people are not easily impressed by dangling keys and watch tv/movies for solid characterization and a coherent story.

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    I would agree with the above poster, the best thing to come out of Revelation was that first trailer. I must have watched it 50 times. It was so wonderfully edited.

While the show itself had some interesting moments, I would definitely rather see a reboot than more from the Revelation crew. I'd love it if they would pick up the 200X show where it left off, even if it was only story-wise. They could update the character designs like they did in the last season of Batman: TAS. Get some of the voice actors back, etc.

If we do get anything else, I am thinking it could be related to the New Eternia stuff Masterverse is teasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    I really like the animation, basic visual design of the characters (they have a very 200X/MYP feel to them), and the bright colors of the show.

Some of the character designs are quite nice too while others are absolute trash.

Overall the show looks great; that was never the issue for me personally.

I've said in my reviews for the episodes Tony Todd killed it as Scareglow. That was inspired casting. Lena Headley was easily the second best performance on the show. I hated the Evil Lyn story but her performance was top notch.
    There's nothing about this post that I don't agree with.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikolaidas View Post
    Well, Revenge of the Fallen had all of that too. Didn't stop people from thinking it was absolute garbage. It's almost like some people are not easily impressed by dangling keys and watch tv/movies for solid characterization and a coherent story.
    Oddly enough, I think Revenge of the Fallen is Bay's best Transformers movie...though I'll freely admit it's got a lot wrong with it and I hate the twins

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    I would agree with the above poster, the best thing to come out of Revelation was that first trailer. I must have watched it 50 times. It was so wonderfully edited.
    Yeah, it was basically 90 seconds of motu characters beating on each other to the tune of Bonnie Tyler's "I need a hero". What's not to love?

While the show itself had some interesting moments, I would definitely rather see a reboot than more from the Revelation crew. I'd love it if they would pick up the 200X show where it left off, even if it was only story-wise. They could update the character designs like they did in the last season of Batman: TAS. Get some of the voice actors back, etc.
    Ah, you're a big 200X fan. Yeah, I've never been a big lover of Mike Young's show, but there were a few things that came out of it I did like. But bringing up Batman: TAS, man o man, what a great show! The only other animated series I own all the episodes to on disc!
    - - - - -
    ForEternia.com

- - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    Oddly enough, I think Revenge of the Fallen is Bay's best Transformers movie...though I'll freely admit it's got a lot wrong with it and I hate the twins
    The forest battle is amazing, even more so in the extended version. Everything else I thought it was trash.

Widget
    Three seasons planned? My, my. Season two already feels far away like trying to ascend a remote mountaintop. Season three feels like a distant galaxy.

Well, I still want my Motherboard show and figure, so I wish them luck with the numbers.

Has she seen Cop Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    That was a noticeably more contrite Kevin Smith. Confirmation that Season 2 is in a "holding pattern" to see if Season 1 can bring in views.

Quote Originally Posted by Pundar View Post
    Well, I still want my Motherboard show and figure, so I wish them luck with the numbers.
    A Motherboard figure? Yes please!

- - - - -
    ForEternia.com

- - - - -

Heroic Warrior
    Netflix already cancelled the live-action Cowboy Bebop series after airing only a few weeks. Hopefully, they will be more patient with MOTU Revelations.

Court Magician Skeletor's Lackey's Avatar
    I liked the animation style in this show as they modeled it on the Filmation series, but outside of Evil-Lyn and Orko, I didn't enjoy anyone's arcs and Kevin Smith should never do another season of this, although I wouldn't mind seeing another season, if only to keep the property alive. I didn't enjoy the other new show, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    This is great... I'm happy to see how Kevin is remaining optimistic, yet realistic. It's such a shame that 99.99% of all the hate directed toward him was completely unfounded... Mattel and Netflix set the rules that Kevin and his writers had to play by. But, herd-hate makes people blind.

I really hope that we get to see this whole 3-Season Trilogy come to fruition. Revelation is more than deserving of it, and (most) fans have waited so long for something like this.

Also, I really like all of the positive Revelation posts popping up in the chat-replay!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    Netflix already cancelled the live-action Cowboy Bebop series after airing only a few weeks. Hopefully, they will be more patient with MOTU Revelations.
    Yes, but Live Action Bebop is a microwave corndog to Revelation's bacon-wrapped filet mignon!

Why they ever thought that such a stylized anime series would work with live actors is beyond me...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    But, herd-hate makes people blind.
    So does fanboyism.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    This is great... I'm happy to see how Kevin is remaining optimistic, yet realistic. It's such a shame that 99.99% of all the hate directed toward him was completely unfounded... Mattel and Netflix set the rules that Kevin and his writers had to play by. But, herd-hate makes people blind.

I really hope that we get to see this whole 3-Season Trilogy come to fruition. Revelation is more than deserving of it, and (most) fans have waited so long for something like this.

Also, I really like all of the positive Revelation posts popping up in the chat-replay!

Yes, but Live Action Bebop is a microwave corndog to Revelation's bacon-wrapped filet mignon!

Why they ever thought that such a stylized anime series would work with live actors is beyond me...
    I absolutely agree with you Ornclown, I would rather be a fanboy than a hater anyday.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Ah, you're a big 200X fan. Yeah, I've never been a big lover of Mike Young's show, but there were a few things that came out of it I did like. But bringing up Batman: TAS, man o man, what a great show! The only other animated series I own all the episodes to on disc!
    That my problem with 200X Show. I compare almost all cartoons that take themselves seriously to Batman TAS or the DCAU in General and i always find 200X cartoon lacking in comparison. Personally i kinda find 200X show to be boring.