Page 184 of 291 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194234284 ... LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,600 of 7268

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Netflix Series

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I wonder why some characters are chosen for their apocalypse looks, like Beast Man, Evil-Lyn and Teela? Wouldn't their original looks sell better?

They might be featured as Mattel Creations exclusives.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I wonder why some characters are chosen for their apocalypse looks, like Beast Man, Evil-Lyn and Teela? Wouldn't their original looks sell better?

They might be featured as Mattel Creations exclusives.
    Or they could be saved for later waves at retail so they can keep the less obscure characters on selves. I assume they put out the apocalypse looks for the characters first because although they are less popular people might still buy just to have the character even if they prefer the classic look. If they release the classic look first some would have not have that reason to buy it. I see Hasbro do this with Marvel Legends where they release a figure that's not exactly what people want so they can release the more desired version first.
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Monari View Post
    Oh for sure, but then it shouldn't also matter if there are "two blond guys" as the lead characters then right? One of the driving forces behind things like randomly making an unknown like Andra one of the lead characters is the relatively recent mantra that people need to "finally" see themselves reflected on the big screen, which, counterintuitively, seems to mean that they aren't able to empathize or look up to those who look different from them. It's a hard juxtaposition to wrap my head around.
    Perfectly stated!

While I certainly understand people's desire to identify with the characters they are watching on screen, do they not understand that changing pre existing characters is doing a disservice to the majority who identify with the characters as they are? New characters are the answer. Eternia is a big place. This is not about intolerance. It's about staying true to the source material, which Kevin Smith has said repeatedly is the Filmation He-Man and the Masters of The Universe animated series.

Heroic Warrior
    I just don't see how a Teela cartoon benefits Mattel. There hasn't been a He-Man cartoon for 18 years and last year they started a toy line where He-Man and Skeletor get their own pegs in perpetuity and every other character including Teela has to share rotating wave assortments.
    So if Teela is the hero and He-Man a

twice-killed
    supporting character with little screen time and Skeletor is also barely in it, how does that create any demand for those toys?
    You wouldn't premiere a She-Ra cartoon where Bow is briefly introduced and then mostly removed and She-Ra and her female friends mostly fight female villains and make two toy lines: one with Bow, Hordak, and "assorted women who disappear from stores after a few months" as the three SKUs and another where Wave 1 is Bow, Hordak, Shadow Weaver and Perfuma.

Quote Originally Posted by GP Legend View Post
    Grace Randolph has her review out, and she is not a bitter nobody like 80slady wants you to believe, and she says there is a lack of strong male characters. That is completely unacceptable! This was a property originally aimed at boys, but a show aimed at boys in this day and age is completely unacceptable, I guess. Oh, but Netflix can reboot She-Ra and keep it as a show aimed at girls. Pathetic!

I don't care if you guys hate clownfishtv. They were right! This clearly sounds like a show that was made by people who hate the property and have some grudge against it.
    I’ve been following this thread for awhile now, and I saw Grace Randolph mentioned. I thought I’d just chime in about Grace cause I feel it’s important enough to mention (apologies to the Mods if it's getting too off topic).

For the show itself, I personally stopped reading reviews or following critic scores or audience scores ages ago for every movie and show coming out. I just watch it now and make my judgement then. I've even mostly stopped watching movie and tv trailers, so I’ll figure out how I feel about it tomorrow when I see it (that being said, I did watch the clips and trailers for this show just cause it's MOTU). I'll go off how I feel about the strength of the story, but that's just how I do things. Plus, it's just the first part of the story, so honestly I won't be able to place it until it's all there, the first part should at least have a well written arc. I don't have any issue with any changes as long as the script is strong.

Anyway, I digress.

I work in the film industry, I’m from three generations of people in entertainment, and I’d just like to come in and say I highly recommend ignoring Grace. I’m not dismissing any of the other reviewers or their opinions, they could be right and I could end up agreeing with them, or I could completely disagree, won’t know until tomorrow (I know Midnight’s Edge is along the same lines as her, but had never heard of ClownfishTV until I saw this thread).

She could be right or wrong in this case, I won’t know until I see the show, but she has a certain…reputation and her name is met with many a “ugh”.

Sometimes when she cites her sources have given her confirmation about something, I know people who have worked on some of those projects, and if she comes up, they’re always like “Yeah, I have no idea where she heard any of this, but it’s just not true”. She has made up rumors about films before, and then argued with people in production, including the directors of said films, telling them they don't know what they're talking about because she got confirmation (see the Birds of Prey incident). She is a highly unreliable narrator, and even if the show does turn out to be terrible tomorrow, I would not hold anything she says with merit.

I have nothing and never had anything against Scott, he honestly seems like a good-but-misinformed guy, but the best way I can put it that might be relatable to this community is, we feel about her the way some people feel about ToyGuru.

She knows she has built an audience with this kind of content, and she continues to just instigate misinformation. If it was always just her personal opinion, I’d say thats fine because everyone is entitled to their tastes, that's what a critic does. But she makes up so much out of nowhere that I feel I have to go out of my way, like right now, to tell people do not rely on her. We often joke that she’s the new Armand White (if you don’t know who he is, you should look him up, trust me).

Anyway, I personally believe after reading this thread almost everyday, everyone is entitled to feel how they will about Revelation, but I just wanted to jump in and ask people not to take her seriously. What she does is genuinely insulting to my industry.

If you guys like the show tomorrow, then great! If you don’t, then great as well! Everyone is entitled to like or dislike something. Just don’t pay attention to people like her, and, just my personal opinion--take it or leave it, go off your own merit tomorrow to decide whether you love it or hate it. That's just my feelings on all this.

Again, sorry mods if this got too off topic.

[Before anyone asks, no, as much as I wish I was involved in MOTU (it’s been my dream project since I was a kid to make a MOTU film inspired by The Dark Crystal-Legend-Filmation) I was not involved in this, nor do I know anyone who worked on it. I wish I did, but I don't. I’ve been stuck in Asia since before the pandemic hit, and learnt about it when it was announced just like everyone else.]
    I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it.
    - Groucho Marx

Heroic Warrior
    Thankyou for raising your concerns about Grace.

She has gained quite a following due to her friendship with Zack Snyder, and she championed the Snyder Cut, gaining a number of exclusives from that

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    I do have to ask, though, why people are seemingly "forgetting" there are another five episodes coming? There is more coming, and things will be resolved. I would imagine a lot of people are purposely choosing to ignore that fact.
    Unfortunately, whenever there is divisive subject-matter, people will only focus on the parts that support their version of the 'facts...', even when it can be refuted or debunked.

This happens on both sides of the field... the for-people and the against-people. And, since the entertainment industry is almost entirely subjective, this is a never-ending-battle of one ups.

Sadly, it can also lead to extremely unfortunate events - similar to what happened among the Voltron community.

I was actually afraid the same might happen when She-Ra and the Princesses of Power came out. Now, I see a lot of the same conjecture and speculation bubbling up around Revelation...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Heroic Warrior
    I have very strong faith in this show. One reviewer said this is a show for people who love all MOTU; their's references to the mini-comics, Filmation, the 1987 live action movie and MOTU Classics. But the same reviewer said if you are more a fan of HE-MAN and the Masters of the Universe, then the show might be problematic. All I know is for years, all I ever collected was Masters of the Universe action figures, vehicles, beasts, and playsets, whether it's vintage '80s, New Adventures, 200X, Classics, Minis, or Mega Construx. So, I'm so excited to see all these things (minus NA) on my TV screen. I have no fear that the story / plot wont be any good and this will be an excellent MOTU series. Honestly, I have more worries about that CGI reboot of He-Man and the MOTU coming out. But, one series at a time...

Quote Originally Posted by MCX-Eternia View Post
    I just don't see how a Teela cartoon benefits Mattel. There hasn't been a He-Man cartoon for 18 years and last year they started a toy line where He-Man and Skeletor get their own pegs in perpetuity and every other character including Teela has to share rotating wave assortments.
    So if Teela is the hero and He-Man a supporting character with little screen time and Skeletor is also barely in it, how does that create any demand for those toys?
    You wouldn't premiere a She-Ra cartoon where Bow is briefly introduced and then mostly removed and She-Ra and her female friends mostly fight female villains and make two toy lines: one with Bow, Hordak, and "assorted women who disappear from stores after a few months" as the three SKUs and another where Wave 1 is Bow, Hordak, Shadow Weaver and Perfuma.
    Looks like Mattel simply dropped the ball on this one. They gave Kevin Smith and Netflix a blank check to do whatever they wanted with the IP with little or no stipulations.

BIG Mistake.

When Mattel got wind of what they were going to do it was too late and they went into damage control mode. This is why I think we are getting a 2nd series in just 5 months or so. They didn't plan it ahead of time to do two series at once. The CG series is damage control to salvage the brand after it became clear that Revelations was a total dumpster fire. So Mattel launched a 2nd series this time with a lot more oversight and the writers on a tight leash which is what they should have done with Kevin Smith from the get go.

Quote Originally Posted by InThe80s View Post
    Looks like Mattel simply dropped the ball on this one. They gave Kevin Smith and Netflix a blank check to do whatever they wanted with the IP with little or no stipulations.

BIG Mistake.

When Mattel got wind of what they were going to do it was too late and they went into damage control mode. This is why I think we are getting a 2nd series in just 5 months or so. They didn't plan it ahead of time to do two series at once. The CG series is damage control to salvage the brand after it became clear that Revelations was a total dumpster fire. So Mattel launched a 2nd series this time with a lot more oversight and the writers on a tight leash which is what they should have done with Kevin Smith from the get go.
    Do you have source for this or are you just speculating?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Reviews2D View Post
    Do you have source for this or are you just speculating?
    This has got to be speculation.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Afterlife07 View Post
    I would not hold anything she says with merit.
    While I agree with ignoring her "rumours and leaks", in this case she has seen the show and is providing her opinion on what she has already actually watched herself.

Thats a whole other ballgame.

Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    Honestly, I have more worries about that CGI reboot of He-Man and the MOTU coming out. But, one series at a time...
    Same here, but ultimately the CGI show isn't for us - it's for kids. Revelation was supposed to be for older fans, so when the show seems to be going in a direction a lot of fans take issue with it's more of a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by InThe80s View Post

BIG Mistake.

This is the show that is supposed to be a sequel to the original and a "love letter" to the original fans whereas the CGI show is completely reimagined from the sounds of it (race changing of main characters, aging down characters, new costumes, "we have the power"), so if you don't like this one, I don't think you'll like the other.

Just finished watching the Doubletoasted review and think that will be the last one I look at for now. Despite not having nostalgia for MOTU I'm still cant wait to watch the series despite potential issues.

Heroic Warrior Beard of Stratos's Avatar
    I'm going in blind, no reviews, no previews -- I have watched Castlevania to get an idea of the animation but that is it.

Have been waiting to see some MOTU new animated content for ages. Looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    This is the show that is supposed to be a sequel to the original and a "love letter" to the original fans whereas the CGI show is completely reimagined from the sounds of it (race changing of main characters, aging down characters, new costumes, "we have the power"), so if you don't like this one, I don't think you'll like the other.
    What things are "supposed to be" and reality are often at odds with each other. If they call it a love letter then it very well could be the opposite. They have lied about everything else then they have certainly lied about the love letter as well. Remember they called it a sequel only to walk it back and say it is NOT a sequel. Everything they said is two-faced, full of retractions, and doublespeak.

As far as entertainment goes, I am more of a kid a heart than an adult.

They last thing I want to see is my childhood heroes killed off willy nilly by a bunch of hack writers who clearly hate the original series. As long as CG He-Man is the star of his own show and the story is good then I will probably like it even if there are a lot of changes.

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Not a fan of shoehorning in Andra, but from what I have seen of Tiffany Smith, she seems like a cool fangirl. Very neat of her to post that pic!

Co-Creator of the NV
    Just watched a pretty spoiler heavy review and it sounds like a great story - I'm really looking forward to the second half coming out as we'll as seeing everyone totally freak out tomorrow

They say its not good.its everywhee

They say orco is dying and They All Blame this Kevin man

I am very sad

Quote Originally Posted by Jayk View Post
    They say its not good.its everywhee

They say orco is dying and They All Blame this Kevin man

I am very sad
    From what I have seen most people who have watched the show seem to enjoy it. They all have some issues but still they recommend it. So I guess we are in different environments.

As long as the series doesn't have any of this Dirty Dancing mess trying to ship He Man and Skeletor I'm good, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    Thankyou for raising your concerns about Grace.

She has gained quite a following due to her friendship with Zack Snyder, and she championed the Snyder Cut, gaining a number of exclusives from that
    No, she got the "friendship" with Zack Snyder due to having such a following and her support of his projects. She is a "guy Gal", and while she does advocate heavily for diversity, she also champions good representation, and smart representation (meaningful use of marginalized talent, characters, etc). She often gives the most balanced coverage of things. Does she have her opinions? Yes, but so do many other Youtubers, that is why people tune in to them over others.

She built her fanbase from the grass up long before the Snyder Cut or any kind of 'gate' in the nerd communities. That said, she is usually on point with her news and information. You have a small group of dudes always trashing her because they don't like that she has made powerful contacts in Hollywood and entertainment where they could not.

She is positive and family friendly, two things that mainstream entertainment looks for, as opposed to negative, disgruntled 40 and 50 year old nerds who built a fanbase by trashing everything and rallying against diversity, etc. I am a TV/Radio/Digital media buyer, and from the perspective of advertisers, she is a safe bet. Grace is ad-friendly and ad-safe.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I like to believe my heart and soul are intertwined with my collections of CD's, DVD's and books and other stuff I love. I used to worry what would happen to my collections when my soul leaves my body, but I believe there will always be a spiritual link somehow.
    Isn't that essentially how hauntings come about?