Page 198 of 283 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208248 ... LastLast
Results 4,926 to 4,950 of 7066

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Netflix Series

Dynasty Masters Universe DynastyMasters's Avatar
    Will Prince Adam come back from the dead?
    DYNASTY AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE
    http://www.dynastyandthemastersofthe...e.blogspot.com

Heroic Warrior
    I'm not going to lie, I was very worried about this show.

I think all the negative talk gave me very low expectations & for that reason i didn't hate it. I actually liked it.

Yes, i wish there was more He-Man, but i am hoping (hope key word here) this is part 1 of Kevin Smiths 2 part story, which means He-Man comes back & saves the day & makes him look like the Hero & reason we love this line. Maybe becomes King He-Man while Teela becomes the Sorceress & they live happily ever after......

Am i lost in another dimension thinking this is possible?

I also can't believe how much reaction this show got. I honestly am amazed. I usually am very very negative. I can't even believe i am not as mad as i thought i would be lol.

4-Wheeled Heroic Warrior Wheelor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    It's definitely unfortunate that some people are taking the "Not enough He-Man" stuff SO FAR. I'm very disappointed about that.

Again, I can only work with what people give me and while I'm sure there are other gripes both big and small, that is the specific hill most people seem to be dying on with regard to this show, and it's very unfortunate.
    If thatís how ppl feel who are you to tell them that their feelings are unfortunate
    Quote the Raven
    "Nevermore"

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by DynastyMasters View Post
    i'd expect so. he got hurt AFTER restoring the magic of 'everything.'

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I think the official TRAILER was met with near universal praise, except from the fans who already made up their minds from the rumors. There were probably some people who thought that the trailer was going to be representative of the entirety of Revelations, rather than the first episode. That's most likely the show most people were hoping for, with He-Man vs Skeletor front and center.
    The trailer was absolutely amazing. Gave me hope for the show. It was also the best thing about this show. The actual show I watched was terrible.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by cminc View Post
    i'd expect so. he got hurt AFTER restoring the magic of 'everything.'
    Exactly. I still think, if 2nd part ends well with He-Man saving the day & he gets put center stage maybe people can appreciate this as the story of Teela becoming Sorceress while He-Man shows he's the Man.

I think some people are being very optimistic if they think this is just leading to Teela becoming the next sorceress.
    I expect this to lead to Adam stepping aside and Teela taking over as the champion of Grayskull.
    I hope Iím wrong, but that is how it feels like the show is leading so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfly View Post
    Critics can get paid, normal people don't. That's why there is always disparities when things are such trash but have such high critic reviews. Show was trash. The score reflects that. Smith showed he never cared about MOTU and should never have been allowed anywhere near this.
    I never hold scores alone with much value but what about the other way around? Low Critic score, high audience score?
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Raziel443 View Post
    I think some people are being very optimistic if they think this is just leading to Teela becoming the next sorceress.
    I expect this to lead to Adam stepping aside and Teela taking over as the champion of Grayskull.
    It wouldn't surprise me at this point. Even my wife, who enjoyed the show much more than I did, agrees that having Teela wield the Power Sword would be the dumbest possible thing they could do. Just hoping Mattel was smart enough not to let Netflix completely tank the franchise.

Heroic Warrior
    Oh i am HOPING for = Sorceress + King He-Man happily ever after.

If Teela takes over as Champion i will join the Kevin Smith smashing after i am done crying ( He-Man is #1 for me, it's like handing my kid over to someone elses care)

PLEASE let this not be the case

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos88 View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me at this point. Even my wife, who enjoyed the show much more than I did, agrees that having Teela wield the Power Sword would be the dumbest possible thing they could do. Just hoping Mattel was smart enough not to let Netflix completely tank the franchise.
    I am having anxiety just thinking this

Master of Hosting Events! JohnnyC's Avatar
    And heeeeeere we go with the newest speculationÖ.

-Johnny C

Would love to see Smiths reaction, when they force him to change things in clerks 3

Those 2 roles you want to give to your untalented wife and daughter, nope sorry, need more boxes to check

See if crybaby pothead goes along with it, so daring and courageous.

In Stereo Where Available Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    My guess is yes.

For one, we don't necessarily know if he even died at the end of episode 5. He could just be wounded.

But here is my guess on what will happen:
    He is either dead or dying. He (supposedly) can't go back to Preternia if he dies again (and therefore cannot return again even if they travel there again via Subternia). So, the Sorceress will somehow give up her life-force to save him, and she will die as a result, opening things up for Teela to become the new Sorceress.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC View Post
    And heeeeeere we go with the newest speculationÖ.

-Johnny C
    Itís not really new speculation, itís one of the rumours thatís been floating around for quite a while.

Co-Creator of the NV
    I'm rooting for an Adam / Teela / Andra thrupple

I don't think he's dead. Also, when Skeletor was stabbed through in a similar manner, Evil-Lyn stepped forward as if to use her magic to heal him, but Skeletor dismissed her. No reason to think Sorceress won't try the same with Adam. Or perhaps Teela will discover her powers -- a la Rey Skywalker -- and spontaneously heal Adam herself.

Side note, since I haven't seen it mentioned elsewhere. Does anyone think Skeletor -- still hiding in Evil-Lyn's staff -- may have intervened to keep her from using her magic to aid Orko? Pure speculation on my part, but a wicked move if true.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    I don't think he's dead. Also, when Skeletor was stabbed through in a similar manner, Evil-Lyn stepped forward as if to use her magic to heal him, but Skeletor dismissed her. No reason to think Sorceress won't try the same with Adam. Or perhaps Teela will discover her powers -- a la Rey Skywalker -- and spontaneously heal Adam herself.

Side note, since I haven't seen it mentioned elsewhere. Does anyone think Skeletor -- still hiding in Evil-Lyn's staff -- may have intervened to keep her from using her magic to aid Orko? Pure speculation on my part, but a wicked move if true.
    It would be totally in character for Skeletor to do that, so I think it's quite possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Monari View Post
    I saw this picture floating around and it kind of encapsulated some of the issues I had with the show:

https://i.ibb.co/VYGYxSG/Teela.png

They did a similar scene on Red Dwarf, but it was played as a joke and not seriously as they did here.
    You are completely missing the point.

Just like Randor and most of the Masters, Teela thought that Adam was safe with the royal family, she realized after the fact that when He-Man died, so did Adam.

Now, she and the rest of the Masters have to live with that failure... Duncan even sums it up in one of the episodes.

She is not playing victim, she is upset with her failure, e.g., "The rest of us have to live with that."
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC View Post
    Whoa.... back up there, horsey. I never attacked you. It was a legitimate thought that I had about how impactful the original show was that it now inhibited people from seeing beyond it. It wasn't directed at you, it was a general thought. Maybe read it again with that in mind.

-Johnny C
    You did! It's like saying to a Metal fan "You don't like Justin Bieber? You gotta think outside the box". Ridiculous. Tastes are different for whatever the reason might be. It's not always black and white or "box thinking". It's just simple taste. I came to THIS thread to voice my opinion peacefully with personal legit critic points. There is an extra thread "safespace" where only positivity about the show is allowed and I'm completely fine with this, I'm also fine and happy for the people who enjoyed the new show but PLEASE let people who dislike the show also voice their opinion peacefully.

Adam gave up his Preternia (Valhalla) reward to return with his friends... in order to earn that reward again, he will have to continue protecting Eternia as He-Man.

Plus, Mattel would never okay something like this... even if they didn't already have She-Ra.

However, I certainly wouldn't mind a spin-off show that starred Teela, Andra, Roboto, and a couple of other Masters. In fact, it could be a way to introduce the "Rebellion" without necessarily getting into legal issues...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Honestly I don't think Kevin Smith is a true fan of any genre just look at his show on AMC Comic Book Men his friends/employees knew more about the characters then he did....

And we are going into JJ Abrams territory when smith has to have some of his friends be in his projects..His Daughter,Jason Mewes C'Mon man....

I love how people ignore things that are true....

This is the main reason and if people keep ignoring it it will happen again to other properties...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Man Pab View Post
    Exactly. I still think, if 2nd part ends well with He-Man saving the day & he gets put center stage maybe people can appreciate this as the story of Teela becoming Sorceress while He-Man shows he's the Man.
    In the context of the show so far, it would actually feel weird to have He-Man save the day. Teela already started the show by becoming MAN-At-Arms. I'm half expecting her to become HE-Man by the end of this.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Just like Randor and most of the Masters, Teela thought that Adam was safe with the royal family, she realized after the fact that when He-Man died, so did Adam.
    Teela literally saw He-Man transform back to Adam and even called him by name moments after he vanished into thin air.

What if the Masters work together to save the day. Even in Flimation there where times were He-man need help from someone else to save the day.
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by InThe80s View Post
    Is this Ironic or Moronic? Hard to say.

Revelations failed the Bechdel Test.

In order to pass the Bechdel test women are not supposed to talk about "guys." Otherwise it falls into a stereotype that women have empty personalities incapable of talking about anything other than men.

SPOP and PoP passed the Bechdel test because Adora, Catra, and Glimmer were able to hold a conversation without talking about Hordak or Bow or any other male. Even in the original Filmation Teela and Evil-Lyn were able to have a conversation that didn't involve men in episode 59 (S1E59).

https://i.imgur.com/oij0uD6.jpg
    1. The movie has to have at least two women in it,
    2. who talk to each other,
    3. about something other than a man.

So they are also seemingly forgetting about entire parts of episodes where Teela and Andra are going on adventures collecting objects, breaking into Snake Mountain etc and not talking about boys.

Seems more like click baity stuff. Passing or failing the test is not necessarily indicative of how well women are represented in any specific work.

Yeah there are conversations that character DO have that involve skeletor and He-man because their disappearance spurs the main plot... but there are times they don't. Just because you talk about dessert during a meal doesn't mean the entire meal is all about dessert.
    cogito ergo doleo