Page 199 of 282 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209249 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,975 of 7043

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Netflix Series

Heroic Warrior Rakashian Calamari's Avatar

Had hopes but what a train wreck--SPOILER-ish

I say train wreck because even if they are bad, people still stop and look to see what it's all about. The animation was great. I love the studio that did it and their other projects. The voice acting was disappointing to me because it's like they wanted high profile actors who had interest in the show do the job instead of voice actors who could have delivered voices similar to the originals in the 80's since this is a "sequel" to the 80's show. I couldn't hear Teela talk without thinking I was watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer (I LOVE Sarah Michelle Gellar's characters but don't think she was a good fit for this). Trapjaw, Tri-Klops and the church of microchips was totally unremarkable to me and should have been omitted. All other criticisms I can think of aside, this was a 5 episode Teela's Quest Part 2 as the most accurate description. Scareglow was a highlight of the show, and it totally makes sense he was the exclusive action figure. I hope for better if this gets a second season.
    Good trades with: Cammor

Dynasty Masters Universe DynastyMasters's Avatar
    Kevin Smith sets up Teela as the new He-Man! Masters of the Universe: Revelation MOCKS fans! Review!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k04FzEnHihE
    DYNASTY AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE
    http://www.dynastyandthemastersofthe...e.blogspot.com

Adam better not be sidelined again in part 2. Stopping Skeletor needs to be just as much his journey as it is Teela's.

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    YouTube is not a site that's talking bad about the show. YouTube is a site where ANYONE can post their crap opinion about anything. The same people downing the show before it came out are doing it for the same clowns.

And please, let's continue to ignore all the positive reviews on YouTube
    And let’s ignore the audience reviews on RT(29%), IMDB(5/10) and Metacritic (2.1) shall we?

Honestly your cherry picking if you don’t think the backlash is widespread.

All art is subjective and it’s great if you liked it but it appears based on at least 3 of the largest review aggregators that more people disliked it than liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    In the context of the show so far, it would actually feel weird to have He-Man save the day. Teela already started the show by becoming MAN-At-Arms. I'm half expecting her to become HE-Man by the end of this.
    I wonder what THAT transformation scene would look like!

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post
    And let’s ignore the audience reviews on RT(29%), IMDB(5/10) and Metacritic (2.1) shall we?
    Honestly? Yes, this is a good idea.

When you browse the "reviews" from audiences, you immediately see a trend with words like lied, agenda, female empowerment... it's herd-mentality on a digital scale.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Well they have ripped off large parts of Infinity War and the Last Jedi. I still think is going to end like Rise of Skywalker. Teela calls on the power of all the He-men, becomes every he-man herself, and together with the sorceress, they defeat Skelegod and bring Adam back.

The Sorceress probably dies and hopefully Teela takes up her destined role as Sorceress. Though I wouldn't be surprised if they made her reject that role because the man pushed it on her. Maybe Adam becomes the sorcerer of Grayskull. Or maybe Dare does (he is in the prequel comic).

From all of Smith's glee in killing he-man twice, and his choice to shock us with Randor and Teelas changes of heart instead of spending some time exploring that, I know they will continue to make shocking choices because they think that makes them cool and smarter than everyone else.

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Honestly? Yes, this is a good idea.

When you browse the "reviews" from audiences, you immediately see a trend with words like lied, agenda, female empowerment... it's herd-mentality on a digital scale.
    Yeah, it is called "review bombing," and it is done by people who did not even watch the title. That is why these platforms remove suspicious audience reviews, and use algorithms to re-weight the audience scores. They really think they are accomplishing something, but all of their efforts are just going to be undone. All it does is make them look like trolls.

THE TEELA SHOW: Masters of the Universe Revelation Review! Kevin Smith LIED.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFlRmmwrQoA

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Yeah, it is called "review bombing," and it is done by people who did not even watch the title. That is why these platforms remove suspicious audience reviews, and use algorithms to re-weight the audience scores. They really think they are accomplishing something, but all of their efforts are just going to be undone. All it does is make them look like trolls.
    Yep. It’s a well-known thing, and RT and the IMDB have had problems with it in the past. I remember when they were released, Black Panther and Wonder Woman were heavily targeted.

Most of the audience "reviews" for Revelation, if you actually take the time to look at them, are literally once sentence long, and usually consist of "Kevin Smith lied" or "He owes Clownfish an apology". Very few of them mention Revelation at all. They're 100% worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by DynastyMasters View Post
    THE TEELA SHOW: Masters of the Universe Revelation Review! Kevin Smith LIED.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFlRmmwrQoA
    "ErMaHgErD, kEvIn SmItH lIeD! tHe LiEs!" Grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post

Honestly your cherry picking if you don’t think the backlash is widespread.

All art is subjective and it’s great if you liked it but it appears based on at least 3 of the largest review aggregators that more people disliked it than liked it.
    LOL. Have you actually looked at the ratings breakdown? Even if you didn't like the show, there's no way it's a 1 star show, but that's exactly what 36% of all reviewers gave it.

image_2021-07-24_165853.png

If you factor out all of the 1-star ratings on IMDB, the series jumps from 4.7 to 6.7, which is much more believable. (I gave it an 8, myself).

This is just people taking their frustrations out against Kevin Smith. They're trying to tank the show to prove some kind of point.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    "ErMaHgErD, kEvIn SmItH lIeD! tHe LiEs!" Grow up.
    I'm just showing everything that's out there. LIED is in the title of the video.

I'm just showing everything that's out there. LIED is in the title of the video.
    We do not need your help finding that garbage. The people to whom it appeals seek it out on their own.

Heroic Warrior
    Seriously, if some truly believe these user “reviews" are legitimate and are a true reflection of the audience's opinion, then you also must believe the Earth is flat, Covid comes from telephone polls and we're being ruled by reptiloids from another dimension.

Don't help to spread this propaganda.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Seriously, if some truly believe these user “reviews" are legitimate and are a true reflection of the audience's opinion, then you also must believe the Earth is flat, Covid comes from telephone polls and we're being ruled by reptiloids from another dimension.
    Truth!

Seriously... It's a dead giveaway when most of the 'audience' or 'user' scores are ZERO!

This has got to be so upsetting for people who actually have legitimate criticisms, but still enjoy the show as a whole... they are being lumped in with these trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Don't help to spread this propaganda.

- - - Updated - - -

Truth!

Seriously... It's a dead giveaway when most of the 'audience' or 'user' scores are ZERO!

This has got to be so upsetting for people who actually have legitimate criticisms, but still enjoy the show as a whole... they are being lumped in with these trolls.
    My favorite one star reviews are when they say "It's a good show but no He-man"
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Yes RT has become useless IMHO since the rise comic book movies, where haters of the MCU or the DCU have manipulated those scores, so I can't put much stock in those ratings.

I loved this new show. I can be nit-picky, but I over all loved it. I will watch hundreds of times.

Here is my ranking of MotU productions:

1. MYP show (200X)
    2. MotU Revelations (Netflix)
    3. She-Ra and the Princesses of Power (Netflix)
    4. 1987 live action movie
    5. She-Ra (1980s)
    6. Filmation He-Man and the MotU (1980s)
    7. New Adventures (sorry Jack)

My favorite part of the Revelations show was seeing the Eternia playset not only on screen, but also used two of the towers as part of the plot. I received the Eternia playset for Christmas 1986 and is my favorite toy of all time. So to see it on screen was a dream come true. I also loved, loved, LOVED the cat chase the other champions had in Preternia! AND Snake Mountain was fantastic! Story was not bad, I like epic quests. I agree about the whole Teela as the main protagonist thing is a bad choice, but that does not detract from my enjoyment of the show. I love MotU too much.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    Yes RT has become useless IMHO since the rise comic book movies, where haters of the MCU or the DCU have manipulated those scores, so I can't put much stock in those ratings.
    It is a great idea gone bad...

My friend and I were actually developing a website (barring any legal issues) called "Spoiled Potato" where video game reviews were aggregated.

Now we see why this wouldn't be a good idea... some game developers are small companies, and something like this could destroy them.

Why are people like clones and follow and like something even though it's bad??

I never got that just because it's out there who is making you "clones" follow along and like it?

I guess something is better than nothing.....

I guess certain people would rather "go along" like the rest of the clones/sheep than actually say something bad about it (god forbid)

So I guess the people that do not like it are "wrong" and we should "Get In Line" and shut up?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Why are people like clones and follow and like something even though it's bad??

I never got that just because it's out there who is making you "clones" follow along and like it?

I guess something is better than nothing.....

I guess certain people would rather "go along" like the rest of the clones/sheep than actually say something bad about it (god forbid)

So I guess the people that do not like it are "wrong" and we should "Get In Line" and shut up?
    Because tastes are subjective. Implying that people who liked it are brainless followers is a really ****** thing to do.

Master of New Adventures!
    Not sure if any posted this article from npr.org. It's interesting:

https://www.npr.org/2021/07/24/10179...oying-with-you

I’m case you don’t know, IMDB already use weighted averages and factor in scores if they “detect unusual voting activity” so all the 1s have been taken into consideration already.

Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    Because tastes are subjective. Implying that people who liked it are brainless followers is a really ****** thing to do.
    OK but that doesn't happen?? Right...