Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Netflix Series

Avenge The Fallen Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    This definitely sounds cool. Though I guess that She-Ra, Hordak, etc. will likely be completely off limits to appear or even be referenced on this at all due to the current She-Ra series that is going, and not wanting to "confuse" the audience with a different incarnation simultaneously. Which kind of stinks because, while She-Ra never actually appeared on the 80s MOTU cartoon (the closest reference was the Origin of the Sorceress where her sword is shown), He-Man did frequently appear on She-Ra, and shared billing on the SOTS movie and Christmas Special. So while technically two separate series, they were so similar in many respects and so highly connected that it's kind of hard for a something that is mean to continue one of them now not at least referencing the other.

I hope that I am wrong about this, but I'm not holding my breath.

Very excited.

I wouldn’t worry too much about the anime part, the Netflix Castlevania has a great style that I think would work well for MoTU, if that’s the direction they’re going in.

Kevin said it would be faithful to the original show and not blow things up like some shows based on past IPs do, but have things in it like sword fights and Skeletor having more success. I was able to get a photo with him and an autograph.

Heroic Warrior
    even though it might be unlikely, i hope there will be a crossover between this an She-Ra.

Quote Originally Posted by davelove81 View Post
    I'm excited, but is it a he man show or a Teela spin off? That blurb sounds like it's going to be all about a quest Teela goes on? Guess time will tell, can't wait to hear more though

Sent from my KOB-L09 using Tapatalk
    Seems like it starts off like any episode that leads up to a final battle that fractures Eternia. That could be a few episodes and then the Teela quest.

It all sounds interesting honestly but I have a lot of questions...will old VA return? Will the designs be more drawn from the original series or mini comics?

Will PowerCon upload this panel? lol

Heroic Warrior
    So... He-Man show without He-Man?

Adult anime based on the 80s ultra-safe kids show that everyone makes fun of?

This is... Odd.

This this like it could really be awesome!
    Mattel sure is putting a lot of focus on the MOTU franchise!
    A movie, a cartoon, origins (with mini-comics), constux, minis.
    Classics really did provide more than just action figures...it really did prove there was a demand for MOTU.
    This is all very exciting!

Still in a shocked state of excitement!

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootRULES View Post
    even though it might be unlikely, i hope there will be a crossover between this an She-Ra.
    This is what Rob David had to say on the subject at a Power-Con panel last year.

43:14 -46:48

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Great News! Glad Motu is getting another adrenaline shot...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DGSimo View Post
    I guess this will drop next summer or fall then to tie in with the new Origins line as we head towards the 2021 movie? MOTU really is coming back BIG!
    I have a feeling this may introduce a new line of figures since it would be an anime style... This also may be another reason why Classics seems to have been put on the back burner for now...

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Not happy about He-Man taking a back seat to Teela. There already is a feminist show, there is no reason to make MOTU into a feminist show
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    Great News! Glad Motu is getting another adrenaline shot...

- - - Updated - - -

I have a feeling this may introduce a new line of figures since it would be an anime style... This also may be another reason why Classics seems to have been put on the back burner for now...
    I think that’s what the Origins line is for. Everyone has been questioning why they’re releasing Fall 2020 and not sooner and this probably why.

Look at all those likes and shares!

https://www.facebook.com/Mastersofth...23438434441996
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Wow, guess the squeaky wheel really does get the grease.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Heroic Warrior
    I think that’s what the Origins line is for. Everyone has been questioning why they’re releasing Fall 2020 and not sooner and this probably why.
    There are also the face changes.

There was a poster spotted at SDCC and taken down of an animated He-Man with Origins proportions and the new style head in front of a darker Filmation Grayskull.

I imagine the character designs will resemble the Origins toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post

Niiiice! Someone in the comments posted that they said the art style for the series will be based on the old packaging art? Presumably the mini comics then too?!

Woot! This is exciting. My kids will have something new to watch with their MotU Mega Construx.

- - - Updated - - -

Niiiice! Someone in the comments posted that they said the art style for the series will be based on the old packaging art? Presumably the mini comics then too?!
    That would make this even better! Amazing news!
    I am the Green Goddess!
    https://amzn.to/2N420aD

Quote Originally Posted by Lazer Force Zodac View Post
    Not happy about He-Man taking a back seat to Teela. There already is a feminist show, there is no reason to make MOTU into a feminist show
    Agree with you.

Love Kevin Smith, not sure about this.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazer Force Zodac View Post
    I think they’re just going with the Twin Peaks The Return style revival, which is KIND OF what the DC Comics did.

Everything is broken and we see them fight to put it back together.

So reuniting Adam and the Power Sword is a story arc.

I love Teela, so I'm very much on board with this idea. She IS set to be the next Sorceress, after all- there's nothing - for those worrying needlessly in advance about such things- anything "femenist" or (here's that word!) "SJW" about the plotline... the small description of what the show is going to be about sounds quite in tone for Masters Of The Universe as we already know it!
    I have to wonder- in her quest, will she end up going to Preternia, (will she don her snake armor?) and will 200X elements like King Grayskull and things like the Snake Men be officially introduced to the Filmation storyverse?!
    Will there be more than one season?
    When does it premiere?!
    Will it tie in at all with the new DC Comics mini-series, where there's a multiverse thing happening? What if something similar happens in this cartoon, and through Teela's journey we encounter NA He-Man, MYP He-Man, etc etc etc... so much to speculate about!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post

This is a good thing! Masters cares about that and really pays attention to these things!
    I am the Green Goddess!
    https://amzn.to/2N420aD

I wish it was a continuation of the 2002-2004 series. But, this sounds like it might be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Donimo View Post
    I wish it was a continuation of the 2002-2004 series. But, this sounds like it might be cool.
    I'm wondering if it will integrate story ideas and characters from MYP into the Filmationverse. Like a best of both worlds in one new series type of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I love Teela, so I'm very much on board with this idea. She IS set to be the next Sorceress, after all- there's nothing - for those worrying needlessly in advance about such things- anything "femenist" or (here's that word!) "SJW" about the plotline... the small description of what the show is going to be about sounds quite in tone for Masters Of The Universe as we already know it!
    I have to wonder- in her quest, will she end up going to Preternia, (will she don her snake armor?) and will 200X elements like King Grayskull and things like the Snake Men be officially introduced to the Filmation storyverse?!
    Will there be more than one season?
    When does it premiere?!
    Will it tie in at all with the new DC Comics mini-series, where there's a multiverse thing happening? What if something similar happens in this cartoon, and through Teela's journey we encounter NA He-Man, MYP He-Man, etc etc etc... so much to speculate about!
    I'm a big Teela fan too, my only worry is that all the excitement around this new "he man" show quickly turns into people (general audiences) feeling lied to that its a Teela spinoff that hardly has he man in it, or takes a back seat. A lot of people read "masters of the universe" and "he man" as one and the same, and the last thing this franchise needs is to get dragged under the "future is female" bus. She ras doing its thing, it has its fans, I'm enjoying that show for what it is, but if this is going to be "Teela and the masters of the universe" they should call it that and avoid any potential confusion. Im still optimistic, but they are just a few concerns I'm initially having.

Sent from my KOB-L09 using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    I don't love the anime art style, but this sounds pretty good. I like that Teela appears to be the main / central character.

As the Sorceress' daughter (or is she a clone in Filmation canon, I can't recall), it will be interesting to see her "step-up" into a more major role, especially when it comes to finding / restoring / whatever the Sword of Power.