Page 229 of 403 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229230231239279329 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,725 of 10070

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Netflix Series

Why Mike Young's He-Man revival succeeded why Kevin Smith failed

After seeing the new show and felt angry, i canned my netflix sub in disgust as i'm not supporting them especially for disgusting trash like Cuties. and canning wholesome entertainment like Dark Crystal Age of Resistance.

Mike Young understood the franchise of MOTU and got the characters, he actually respected the fandom and delivered a satisfying product despite canned after 2 seasons. I mean he respected the characters even having Teela likable like in the original show and the show actually focused on He-Man being the main star of the show. He expanded on the mythos and worldbuilding, he made the characters likable as they are.

Revelations uses the same Last Jedi and Terminator 6 formula, kill the old and beloved characters and give all the good abilities to a female leading character just because it's trend nowadays. Even this trend of deconstruction of beloved characters into losers, a-holes and all such as Luke Skywalker, Bill and Ted and all! but i'm glad Blade Runner 2049, Cobra Kai and Dark Crystal Age of Resistance didn't pull any deconstruction crap on Auhgra, Daniel and Deckard as they are beloved characters and glad they were respected by actual fans of the characters unlike Rian Johnson, Kevin Smith or the Bill and Ted Face the music writers.

Adam/He-Man only appears a few minutes and he is always making mistakes causing him not to being kill once... but TWICE in the show.... Characters doesn't retain anything of their original personalities so it is difficult to recognize them and care about them. Adam is so thin that he looks like he has some kind of illness in his normal form, If they wanted to make it different from He-Man (aside of being a tanned version of him) I really prefer the 2000 cartoon approach. Evil-Lyn was not so evil but just a "victim", i swear we can't have pure evil women characters.

Finally they spent 5 episodes just to return to the status quo of He-Man and Skeletor being resurrected. I don't understand why a female character lead is needed in Master of the Universe, if we have and always have had She-Ra, she was created with that purpose so let He-Man have his show!! It's like if someone did a She-Ra reboot and you had Seahawk and Bow kill off Adora/She-Ra to be the lead in charge of a show called She-Ra, than it just be as problematic. I mean He-Man is the main star of the masters of the Universe series and that's what people go watch Masters of the Universe for. Teela was definitely unlikable in this show as she bickered to Adam's parents about his secret identity and being disrespectful to the queen and king. Pure lazy hack writing.

Kevin Smith kept lying about being a fan of this show since 1981 when he didn't know the cartoon aired from 1983 to 1985 but admits things like "I was a teen so the show was for babies but Skeletor was a badass i admit", uh huh a fake fan who just was a gun for hire and misunderstood the characters for woke agenda nonsense. I definitely lost faith in Kevin after Clerks 2 which i felt was the last good movie he did and i grew up with his movies since i saw Clerks in theaters with my dad at age 13 and saw his other movies in theaters, enjoyed them and like his concert stuff. But i felt after Clerks 2, his writing and directing got bad as i felt he has become like Bruce Willis of becoming a soulless shell of his former self like if the real him died and was replaced by a reanimated corpse or a body snatcher or The Thing from John Carpenter's The Thing or a Frankenstein monster as he feels like he doesn't give a damn anymore. He's also crying at every trailer to marvel, DC, Star Wars and so on! ridiculous i say! i would never cry at trailers.

And everyone hated Orko? don't give me that crap Kevin! fans of the MOTU LOVE Orko, he's one of my favorite characters in the franchise. Here he's treated like dirt! at least Mike didn't take a dump on him.

Mike Young would never do something like this to the franchise as he knew what he was doing and succeeded at that! he didn't flip off the fans, there was passion behind the show and expansion of the MOTU lore. Even Laura Faust was an actual fan of My Little Pony prior to MLP Friendship is Magic and she respected the lore and i was no fan of My Little Pony prior to FIM, her revival of MLP was a passion project done with true love and respect for the franchise. Even the upcoming Ghostbusters Afterlife gives me hope, there is people behind the cameras who understand and actually respects the franchise of Ghostbusters unlike Paul Feig who never cared for the GB franchise but to disrespect it, the new GB movie looks promising and glad it ignores the 2016 movie which was a soulless passionless cashgrab where the new GB movie looks like a passion project by people who actually get the franchise.

He admits he's not an action guy, so why write the show? he's better at doing comedy, at least in his prime before his soul got sucked out. I do admit the animation looks nice on the new show but it doesn't save a crappy story and crap writing! like Osamu Tezuka once said "Good animation can't save a bad story where poor animation can be saved by a good story". Look at Daria, Dr Katz, Duckman, Rocky and Bulwinkle, Fat Albert, Underdog, Aladdin and the King of Thieves (basically a TV movie finale to the Aladdin series) etc. the animation in those aren't nothing special but the storytelling is what mattered. Look at this new he-Man show, Eight Crazy Nights etc for example, the animation looks nice but the story stinks.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

It was canceled after 2 seasons and 39 episodes.

Revelations has put out 5 episodes.

A bit early to say one failed and one succeeded over the other.
    cogito ergo doleo

Quote Originally Posted by DynastyMasters View Post
    What does the former He-Man Brand Manager think of the new Netflix show? MOTU Revelation Reviewed
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O7MT_upNbQ

Scott Toy Guru Neitlich from Spector Creative takes a look at the new interpretation of He-Man from Kevin Smith and Rob David's Netflix show. How does it measure up and should you watch it?
    Better question is who cares what a former bitter employee thinks?
    cogito ergo doleo

I loved the 2002 show , it's still my favourite take on Motu , and I felt ln a lot of ways revelation was a better sequel to THAT than it was to filmation . If you hated revelation , that's fine , but it hasn't changed a single frame of what you loved , just offered something new that old fans and newbies CAN enjoy . If you believe that everything should stay the same and no new creator has the right to change what a previous creator has done , you wouldn't have 200x , or filmation , or even the texiera wave 2 minicomics , you'd just have he man leaving his jungle tribe ,the " miniternia" take .. once you accept orko , sorceress , pink vested Prince Adam etc then you're arguments already gone . change is what stops franchises becoming stale , just look at batman , between Adam wests colourful campy tv show , Tim Burton's gothic fairytale take , Joel Schumachers neon , Chris Nolans real world approach , not to mention Bob Kane , Frank miller and all the other different versions , they've all got Thier fan's and they've all bought something new to the table . Would superman be as popular today if he was still just leaping over tall buildings in a single bound ?

There are things I like within Motu , there are things I don't ,( ironically , you mentioned orko , a character I hated in filmation , was indifferent to in 200x , and Loved in revelation, he's one of the bravest and endearing characters in the show and definitely not treated like dirt ) point Is , it's not ALL for me , and if it was , I'd either be bored or skint by now . I agree with you about the 200x show but I don't think revelation is the travesty people are making it out to be .he man gage his life to save eternia , he gave up his place in heaven to be with the woman he loved , he held the power of the entire universe in his bare hands , and all the " side characters" got a chance to shine in his absence .

You're entitled to your opinion though , personally all the negativitys kinda exhausting me now though ,

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Well, compared to the new Transformers season on Netflix that includes Beast Wars stuff Revelation looks like a damn masterpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos88 View Post
    Well, compared to the new Transformers season on Netflix that includes Beast Wars stuff Revelation looks like a damn masterpiece.
    I was thinking something similar to that but I didn't want to say it.
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    He doesn't sound bitter in the video. He liked the show a lot and was very positive

Quote Originally Posted by InThe80s View Post
    Oh I can hardly wait for Teela's hair change in part 2. /s
    Well you one of the ones who judged the entire show a big scandal on the basis of her haircut, so I'm not sure why you're /s'ing. A cartoon haircut is clearly something you have strong feelings about.

Bla bla bla
    Lord Hordak

άber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    My sister is the bigger Transformers fan, but I like the Netflix Transformers show. It is a little grim-dark, but I like the story.

Dudes really writing think pieces on 5 episodes lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brodod View Post
    Dudes really writing think pieces on 5 episodes lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    On the floor Comment of the week for me!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    He wasn't bitter there. He liked the show, because it used his Classics ideas like the multiple He-Men leading up to Adam.

- - - Updated - - -

That show...wasn't...bad. In fact,...I enjoyed...it. I...wish...they'd got....the original Beast...Wars...voice actors back. Great cross...over...between...Beast Wars...and G1. Wish...everyone...stopped talking...with...stupid...pauses...in the show.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

I’m a huge fan of the MYP 200x cartoon and even after almost 20 years it still holds it own. However before we rag on Kevin Smith we are only 5 episodes deep into the series. Let’s just wait and see what the next five episodes have to offer before swinging the axe.

To be fair....
    To be fair......
    To be fair..........
    Toyguru WAS the Kevin Smith of his day.....
    A large chunk of people around here gave him huge amounts of unwarranted grief free of charge.... Seemingly all day everyday... over black paint and screwed up arms and cracking plastic and not following...Looking back at that does it seem warranted? Was HE responsible for every little aspect of the Classics line? No...He genuinely loves the brand and it shows in his videos . Heck he loves it so much that he managed to get his own mark in there not once but twice with Spector and I believe it is the face of an Eternian guard, and good on him.

He has a movie pitch video that is pretty plausible with some finessing and fine tuning IMHO

Kevin Smith on the other hand....
    Jury's still out on him till the credits of episode 10....
    I'm rooting for him....
    That's all.......

Heroic Warrior
    War for Cybertron is what revelation should've been. A retelling of the original that brings in concepts from several sources while not having any one thing overpowering another. I mean, the voice work is crap but what they have done with the story is good.

Heroic Warrior
    I have yet to see the Netflix Transformers so are they good or bad, I don't know. But have they been successful for Netflix? I don't think I've seen any of them on Netflix's top ten. Maybe I missed them but I've seen other animated shows on there like Castlevania & Blood of Zeus, but I've also seen Paradise P.D. and Big Mouth. Do they have people talking about them, discussing & debating them like Revelation is doing. I don't think I've seen a YouTube review on them.

Dark Crystal AoR was excellent, but how expensive it must have been to make Netflix cancelled it, even with it making their top ten. That's business I guess.

I don't know... I saw the first couple eps of War for Cybertron, and they can't have made much of an impression because I don't remember a single thing that happened in them. The only thing I do remember was Bumblebee being a grouchy jerk who kept telling everyone that he wasn't interested in their stupid war.
    Don't think, that'll only confuse you.

As bad as the writing is for the War For Cybertron Tilogy it is far better plotted than the first five episodes of Revelations.

I can't even contradict you there, because I don't remember a single thing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dina M View Post
    I can't even contradict you there, because I don't remember a single thing about it.
    Surely you can remeber the awful voice acting. Although to be fair it's still better thn the Combiner Wars trilogy.

At least for a change they didn't kill Optimus Prime and bring him back...and he was in pretty much every episode. It has been a while since I seen Siege and Earthrise so I hope I hope my previous statement is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Surely you can remeber the awful voice acting. Although to be fair it's still better thn the Combiner Wars trilogy.
    Nope. Don't remember anything at all about the voice acting. It can't have made much of an impression one way or the other, so... I doubt it was that awful. But it probably wasn't that impressive either.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    That show...wasn't...bad. In fact,...I enjoyed...it. I...wish...they'd got....the original Beast...Wars...voice actors back. Great cross...over...between...Beast Wars...and G1. Wish...everyone...stopped talking...with...stupid...pauses...in the show.

Haha, yeah that's mostly what I'm complaining about. The voice acting is so monumentally bad that I just don't care about any of the characters. The Beast Wars crew got hit really bad in that regard, just terrible voice casting that didn't match the charm of the Mainframe show.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    And everyone hated Orko? don't give me that crap Kevin! fans of the MOTU LOVE Orko, he's one of my favorite characters in the franchise. Here he's treated like dirt! at least Mike didn't take a dump on him.
    I mostly hated Orko. Here he at least was useful for once.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean he respected the characters even having Teela likable like in the original show
    I watched 6 episodes and Teela is constantly bullying Adam, not a big fan of her so far.

- - - Updated - - -

i swear we can't have pure evil women characters.
    Nobody is 100% evil, pure evil characters are too one-note and get old quick.