Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Netflix Series

What is the art work for He-Man?
    We know the She-Ra is Netflix...
    He-Man does look a little Castlevania to me...

20190818_185809.jpg

Heman looks peeeeeerfect

Guys, that's Emiliano's art and not indicative whatsoever of this being the new style.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...&id=1539956856

Quote Originally Posted by DGSimo View Post
    Studio behind the Castlevania series will be responsible. Man, this is some hype news!
    This is amazing as castlevania was incredible.

I'll admit I haven't actually seen the Castlevania series, but I've been sent clips of it. I did not like how it was animated (I couldn't put my finger on it, but it really drove me nuts) and the brand of humor in those clips felt entirely out of place.

I'm also not a fan of it "being a sequel" and then immediately starting the synopsis with "a ferocious final battle forever fractures Eternia". If you want a different status quo, do a reboot at least. This is the kind of thing that keeps driving fans nuts.

I also don't like the immediate "gritty" tone that the poster and synopsis evokes. You know, it's not that I even have a problem with a more consequence-filled setting (I was impressed with how heroic and positive the MotU characters still were in the Injustice vs Masters of the Universe comic), I just can't stand that sort of overcompensating "no we swear we're cool now" feeling it evokes.

This is one of the reasons I've been dreading a return of He-Man. Just bringing back He-Man isn't good enough. Even though it's banking on nostalgia, it's simultaneously embarrassed by it.

Despite all that, I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt for now. In my experience, this sort of thing is often just misguided marketing and doesn't actually reflect the content. Either way, the current She-Ra looks okay and is still going (I haven't actually gotten around to it yet >_>).
    Last edited by Master Jokubas; August 18, 2019 at 10:26pm.

Out there somewhere, and floating in a most peculiar way...
    Of course I'll check it out, and of course I hope for the best, but I haven't liked anything Kevin Smith has done since Dogma, so his involvement doesn't exactly fill me with confidence, personally. But regardless, who knows how much creative input or impact he will truly even have, or if it is more a celebrity vanity credit type deal and for the most part he is just being used to help sell and market it, so wait and see on that count, I guess.

Either way, it's at least nice to see the Masters of the Universe brand starting to stretch its wings beyond hardcore fandom, and become a (hopefully) viable and popular franchise again.
    My momma said, to get things done
    you'd better not mess with Major Tom...

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Exciting!!! Like the teaser poster. I want to see some character models...

If it is picking up where we left off in the 80s then She-ra and Hordak would be around. Seemed like He-man and She-ra were portal zipping to each other's planets every other week.

This is being produced through "Mattel Television." Could they have yanked the She-ra rights from Dreamworks trying to get everything in house?

Kevin Smith did thank Mattel TV (and Netflix) for entrusting him with "not only the secrets of Grayskull, but also their entire Universe."

Either way it will be exciting to see some He-man action. Hoping it looks as good or better than Castlevania.

Bring it on! Can’t wait for this.

Absolutely AWESOME! I loved the Netflix Castlevania series...if MOTUR has the same production values, we are in for a treat!

From Endgadget:

It will focus on unresolved storylines from the '80s show, featuring familiar characters and what Smith says could be "the final battle between He-Man and Skeletor." Mattel Television is producing the series, while Powerhouse Animation is doing the animation for it. Powerhouse is the same studio behind Netflix's Castlevania, so that's good news if you loved the gothic horror game franchise's adaptation for the streaming platform.
    I am the Green Goddess!
    https://amzn.to/2N420aD

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    Exciting!!! Like the teaser poster. I want to see some character models...

If it is picking up where we left off in the 80s then She-ra and Hordak would be around. Seemed like He-man and She-ra were portal zipping to each other's planets every other week.

This is being produced through "Mattel Television." Could they have yanked the She-ra rights from Dreamworks trying to get everything in house?

Kevin Smith did thank Mattel TV (and Netflix) for entrusting him with "not only the secrets of Grayskull, but also their entire Universe."

Either way it will be exciting to see some He-man action. Hoping it looks as good or better than Castlevania.
    Not sure if they got She-Ra back and this is obviously not tied to the Netflix incarnation. The project does have 4 writers on board and Rob David, author of The Eternity War, is the VP at Mattel TV and is onboard as a Exec. Producer.

He-Man is starting to trend on U.S. Twitter!

hemantrending.jpg
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

"But after a ferocious final battle forever fractures Eternia, it's up to Teela to solve the mystery of the missing Sword of Power in a race against time to prevent the end of the Universe! Her journey will uncover the secrets of Grayskull at last. This is the epic He-Man and the Masters of the Universe saga fans have waited 35 years to see!"

That's great. I LOVE Teela!!!
    Lord Hordak

Looking forward to this!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!!

Jafaristew...the guy that coined the term "200X."

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Let's help that tend even more!
    I am the Green Goddess!
    https://amzn.to/2N420aD

Does "Limited series " means only a single season with a few episodes ?

My guess is Teela will finally discover the truth about her parentage and maybe even become the new Sorceress.

But yeah, very excited for this. Although, I have to admit, I'm not the biggest fan of the animation in Castlevania. It’s too "clean" and shiny. Also, everything weirdly has that slow movement to it that you see in a lot of the newer anime shows. Because I'm a big Filmation He-Man fan, I hope there're loads of callbacks. For me.

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    Does "Limited series " means only a single season with a few episodes ?
    Yeah. Maybe 6 or 10 episodes? Not really sure but of course if it’s successful they could always do more.

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    Where are you all seeing "Limited Series"

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    Where are you all seeing "Limited Series"
    Actually I saw it in a couple of articles but i'm not sure if it was used by Mattel.

Thanks DGSimo!

I'm so happy it has nothing to do with Noelle Stevenson and her team. It seems to be a true sequel. I hope for some nice art style and character designs.

Court Magician
    So I have wanted this for a long time and honestly I like the original a lot more than the 2002 version. But let me explain why:
    1st - Shazam was an awesome movie. A lot like He-Man. Teenager gets special powers, etc... but the movie had 2 basically “horror” scenes in it that I believe kept a lot of families going out to see this film. I know I couldn’t recommend it to families with 3-7 year old kids cause of that. Honestly Shazam is perfect for that age range.

2nd - the 2002 He-Man did not seem to click with the 3-7 year old base. It was better suited for people that seemed to grow up in love with He-Man already, or pre-teen, young teens that enjoyed Cartoon Network.

So I am very much hoping that when designing this tv series they think about the kids 3 and up. Use a lot of vibrant colors. Bring in a good message at the end of each episode ( I so totally miss that in shows) & the pacing doesn’t have to be super fast / the battles don’t have to be either. Kids 3-6 or so (Atleast mine) tend to enjoy action scenes that are a bit slower.

That show True and PJ mAsk handle it well.

I’m not saying disown the old fan base in this series, but honestly if we want He-Man to succeed long term I think those are the fans you gear this towards.

Then the movie can be made for all audiences and blow up in theaters

With this being a continuation of the Filmation series, I hope they can get voice actors that sound close enough to the original cast. Although in a perfect world, the surviving voice actors would just be able to reprise their roles if they wanted to revisit the characters they brought to life so long ago.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Lizorr, T-Rex, Great Black Wizard, rest of New Adventures, MOP Demons, Dream Mistress.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Ileena, Twiggets, Dragoon, Widgets, Dark Dream, Lady Valtira, Count Marzo, Chimera.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    Guys, that's Emiliano's art and not indicative whatsoever of this being the new style.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...&id=1539956856
    Oh, do you know what the new animation style aside from "anime" is?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    With this being a continuation of the Filmation series, I hope they can get voice actors that sound close enough to the original cast. Although in a perfect world, the surviving voice actors would just be able to reprise their roles if they wanted to revisit the characters they brought to life so long ago.
    I think James Urbaniak (Doc Venture) is perfect for Skeletor.

Danny Pudi as Orko. (Aziz Ansari has a perfect voice for it but -- eh, I'm not sure he's a good fit right now.)

And I think if you could get him to play it straight (except for sarcastic lines) and commit, Joel McHale sounds similar to John Erwin to me. (Classic He-Man actually does get sarcastic a lot.)

Even if the original actors are available, I rather expect a different acting style. A bit more method (or Meisner) and less radio play. This sounds like a sequel with a different tone and style, a bit darker and more action oriented.

Smith said to expect more swordplay and Skeletor winning.