Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Netflix Series

I'm just really ready to see this. Aching really.

I'm watching the latest (3/25/20) episode of Fatman Beyond, and Kevin Smith is talking a little about the series. He says it's at least a year away, and says they're wrapping up the scripts, he's making any writing changes requested by Netflix or Mattel. He's says it's become something that he's really, really proud of.

As a He-Man fanatic in the truest sense I am just excited for new content. If it has nothing new, it is basically dead and I love that it is thriving. Because it is my favourite property perhaps I give it more leeway than anything else, but they have been consistently good when allowed to make things. Heck, so far the newest comics (that I have been able to keep up on) have been spotty at best, down right terrible (in art or writing at times) but overall even then they are fun, entertaining, or cool in some way. Some of it has even been great. But even at it's worst I'd rather have more than none at all.

She Ra has been a very good show and I'll be sad to see it end. A part of me thinks the second He Man show is (even though I understand that this has been basically or specifically denied) going to be Adam's story from the new She Ra show. Which would be great. And if not, great, whatever.

I just want more. 2 Shows? My cup runneth over.

Now to just try to be patient.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    As a He-Man fanatic in the truest sense I am just excited for new content. If it has nothing new, it is basically dead and I love that it is thriving. Because it is my favourite property perhaps I give it more leeway than anything else, but they have been consistently good when allowed to make things. Heck, so far the newest comics (that I have been able to keep up on) have been spotty at best, down right terrible (in art or writing at times) but overall even then they are fun, entertaining, or cool in some way. Some of it has even been great. But even at it's worst I'd rather have more than none at all.

She Ra has been a very good show and I'll be sad to see it end. A part of me thinks the second He Man show is (even though I understand that this has been basically or specifically denied) going to be Adam's story from the new She Ra show. Which would be great. And if not, great, whatever.

I just want more. 2 Shows? My cup runneth over.

Now to just try to be patient.
    wheres the confirmation that the second He-Man Show and She-Ra are not connected?

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    I'm just really ready to see this. Aching really.
    Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffcope View Post
    I'm watching the latest (3/25/20) episode of Fatman Beyond, and Kevin Smith is talking a little about the series. He says it's at least a year away, and says they're wrapping up the scripts, he's making any writing changes requested by Netflix or Mattel. He's says it's become something that he's really, really proud of.
    Doh!!! And Yes!!

Heroic Warrior
    how many minutes into the video?

Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    how many minutes into the video?
    Sorry, I don’t know exactly. It was towards the beginning.

Sorry, I don’t know exactly. It was towards the beginning.
    Here is the deep link: https://youtu.be/ZlO2LZ2prxo?t=880
    News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

I'm curious what they will do with Andra and how big of a role it will be. She is pretty much a blank slate person they can do what they want with as opposed to the others which may have been the reason they added her. I suppose she will be Teela's rival.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I'm curious what they will do with Andra and how big of a role it will be. She is pretty much a blank slate person they can do what they want with as opposed to the others which may have been the reason they added her. I suppose she will be Teela's rival.
    I hope she will actually be Lt. Andra from the comic.
    Danielsan52

Most wanted Classics figures:
    Stretch Neck, Vypor, Sharella, Secret Liquid of Life Teela, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Princess Rana, Golden Rod/Aramesh, RoboWoman, Prince Dakon, Shezar, NA Sorceress, Ultimate Goddess, Lt. Andra

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I’m curious as to who this Priestess is, no one seems to be talking about who she is? New character,?which side is she on, powers, Kevin smith should elaborate on her.

I keep envisioning her as The Goddess, but I guess if she were meant to be that character, they would have just called her that.

Dynasty Masters Universe DynastyMasters's Avatar
    I can't wait!
    DYNASTY AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE
    http://www.dynastyandthemastersofthe...e.blogspot.com

Heroic Warrior
    I went back and rewatched the whole View Askew library, and idk if I have faith in this. I love Smith's early work, and I'm a big fan of his podcasts, but like, he isn't exactly the most talented anymore. Although, Dogma is great, and presumably this will be at least somewhat similar in tone to that movie (as it's a movie with high stakes and spiritual themes). But I'm not sure if he can do that anymore. Everything after Dogma was in the range of acceptable to genuinely bad, so I'm worried. Although, he's done some good comics stuff recently, so maybe it's just that he's lost his comedic touch (his story in tec 1000 was really good, as are most of his other comics works).

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Looks great!

Looks like Skeletor holding his staff up in front of him. He looks very bulky and big. Unless I'm reading the image entirely wrong, of course.

Susan Eisenberg is a guest on the most recent Word Balloon podcast, and she talks briefly about working on the upcoming Masters of the Universe anime series. Not a ton of info of course, highlights I gleaned was Sorceress is a recurring character (not in every episode), and Kevin Smith wanted something closer to her Wonder Woman voice rather than trying to imitate Linda Gary’s take.

She also mentions that recording is on hold right now due to the pandemic. But we knew that.

Susan Eisenberg is a guest on the most recent Word Balloon podcast, and she talks briefly about working on the upcoming Masters of the Universe anime series. Not a ton of info of course, highlights I gleaned was Sorceress is a recurring character (not in every episode), and Kevin Smith wanted something closer to her Wonder Woman voice rather than trying to imitate Linda Gary’s take.

She also mentions that recording is on hold right now due to the pandemic. But we knew that.
    I think trying to imitate Linda Gary's voice would be silly and take the show into parody territory.

Has anyone heard what body of work they used as source material for this? Is it only the Filmation cartoon? Or were the vintage mini-comics and/or the newspaper comic strip fair game as well?
    Creator of the Chicago Horde
    {YouTube} {Instagram} {Twitter}

Quote Originally Posted by air7walk View Post
    Has anyone heard what body of work they used as source material for this? Is it only the Filmation cartoon? Or were the vintage mini-comics and/or the newspaper comic strip fair game as well?
    There’s not a lot of real information out there. But, when the project was announced last summer at Power Con it was said to be a continuation of the story from the classic era. What exactly is meant by “classic era” hasn’t really been defined.

Time will tell.

There’s not a lot of real information out there. But, when the project was announced last summer at Power Con it was said to be a continuation of the story from the classic era. What exactly is meant by “classic era” hasn’t really been defined.

Time will tell.
    Thanks! I've been trying to consume any information I can find and was afraid I had missed it.
    Creator of the Chicago Horde
    {YouTube} {Instagram} {Twitter}

The Havoc Staff in the image seems to be an amalgamation of both the 1980's and 2002 designs...

We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    I think trying to imitate Linda Gary's voice would be silly and take the show into parody territory.
    That's a pretty bizarre assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by air7walk View Post
    Supposedly Filmation, but legal crap will bring changes to the designs (as we can see already with the havoc staff).
    Brings doom to MOTUC with cel accuracy.

Supposedly Filmation, but legal crap will bring changes to the designs (as we can see already with the havoc staff).[/QUOTE]

Things are going to change. It is BASED off Filmation NOT a direct continuation of it. Which is great ,because that cartoon is so outdated now that I can barely watch it even for the nostalgia. Its gonna look Way Better. Its gonna sound way better. He man for adults ( some)
    SMANOMEGA'S "NEWER" CUSTOM GALLERY BELOW
    http://s16.photobucket.com/user/sman...?sort=3&page=1