Page 322 of 402 FirstFirst ... 222272312320321322323324332372 ... LastLast
Results 8,026 to 8,050 of 10028

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Netflix Series

While I still love Revelations above all the other iterations of Masters of the universe that has come before or after it, I can honestly say part 2 took it down a couple notches for me.
    The Easter eggs and fan service are still incredible in the show , as was the music and animation.

That being said, all the loopholes in the story with exchanging power and gaining power and losing power really got tiresome and confusing events in the last three episodes just really took the show for a ride I never really wanted to go on. The "secrets"of Castle grayskull are more entertaining when they're just that, "secrets." When you explain everything away you take away from the mystery and magic of it. I said it before I'll say it again the power sharing thing might be good for a newer generation but it totally doesn't make sense here we have a set rules in place for a reason.

That being said ,I still really want more seasons of the show I mean after that Horde cliffhanger how could you not?

I hope they do trim the fat of the show get rid of some of the polarizing elements I could clearly do without Kevin Smith with his sometimes crap sense of humor I'll "fist" you Kevin Smith. Mark Hamill, Luke baby you know I love you but your paycheck isn't worth your Joker Skeletor.Sarah Michelle Gellar, sorry your performance just really isn't worth what they're paying you. Alicia Silverstone God what a train wreck she was in part two last time I checked you wrote dialogue for the character and not the actor playing them.

If they do go ahead with another season I hope they do something like introduce Zodac to fix the wrongs of the first season. Make his title of cosmic enforcer work. Have him sense some great wrong in this plane of existence like having the memory of a small girl erased from the memories of everybody that lives there. Or having a mere mortal act like a God and try to change the rules of existence, like destroying the afterlife or removing a balance of power. Or my top 2 personal nit pics

Fix Beast Man and explain scare glow. Is he Skeletor in the afterlife what's the deal....
    And for the love of God don't try to fit a 25 episode story into 10 episodes again...

Agreed. One of the biggest problems of Revelation is that it never got the time to properly explore the story it was given.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Magic View Post
    Absolutely it can be objectively declared as inferior writing, the MYP show nor the Filmation show (which I love) are nether bastions of writing.

Those who are intellectually honest can admit that.
    Claiming there to be an objective view while a couple of people in this thread alone have expressed a different view seems really weird to me. And I find it insulting that you suspect fans with a different view to not be "intellectually honest".

Some people don't like something in fandom, the choices made in a story, they can't end there, but need to shine a magnifying glass on it and start nitpicking any problem they can find to people who do like it... while simultaneously doing the opposite and forgiving flaws of the shows they like.
    I don't think it's true that Revelation "contras" are overly forgiving with regard to Filmation or MYP. I certainly am not. There are a couple of things I don't like in both shows and I have mentioned them before. From my "intellectually honest" point of view, however, the issues in those shows are minor compared to what Revelation has done. It's just not such a big deal, for instance, that Battle-Cat doesn't talk in MYP. I prefer him talking, but it doesn't matter much in terms of story quality.

Please consider the possibility that those of us who think that MYP and Filmation have (considerably) better writing than Revelation are "intellctually honest", but simply have a different (though valid) opinion. Also, we *do* have arguments.

The difference between me and them is... I can absolutely go on a MYP thread and start ripping it to shreds, bulleting all the bad writing examples one after another after another.... but I won't. I'll say I'm not a fan, cool, to each is own, but there's no need for me in a forum made for all MOTU fans to repeatedly keep p*ssing on what some fans here enjoy over and over again. Repeat myself over and over again declaring how bad the writing is. I wouldn’t do that to you, or to anyone else in our fan community. But I'll push back on the people who do.
    If you really respect other fans' points of view -- as you imply --, why are you declaring objective truths? That doesn't add up.

On the other hand, why do you think any of us "contras" would be attacking other fans' enjoyment? That's certainly not my intention and I'm pretty sure that's not why others are vocal about what they don't like in Revelation either. What most of us do is pinpointing and analyzing the reasons why we don't like it. As I see it, that's simply the other side of the coin of MOTU fandom. The important thing *on both sides* is to remain respectful of others' views and to treat them respectfully.

Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GranamyrGreen View Post
    *Some fans found it wanting.
    Yeah I think a bunch of us who actually watched it is good with the CG show on the side.. a little alternate universe cg show on Netflix... not making too much noise and being fun for primarily little kids... but I think a lot of us wouldn't prefer it in the motu forefront, nor its model being THE motu main model moving forward.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JSElshoff View Post
    Please consider the possibility that those of us who think that MYP and Filmation have (considerably) better writing than Revelation are "intellctually honest", but simply have a different (though valid) opinion. Also, we *do* have arguments.
    You've not been seen in these threads posting 50 times or more saying you prefer the writing of MYP over Revelation (that would be fine to other fans), but you've been repeatedly declaring Revelation is "bad writing", over and over again, towards fans who like the writing... without the ability recognize claims of other MOTU shows also having bad writing is 100% valid.

You continue to post declarations of "bad writing" of Revelation in this thread versus you didn't prefer it's writing, and I will continue to push back.
    Last edited by Voodoo Magic; November 26, 2021 at 01:33pm.
    - - - - -
    FOR ETERNIA Podcast
    Masters of the Universe Podcast

ForEternia.com
    Masters of the Universe: Revelation Fan Site

- - - - -

IMDB seems a little confused...

Heroic Warrior
    I just finished part two. I loved it! More please! She Ra and Hordak please. I loved the fighting and other action sequences. I loved the more mature take on the lore. "No glove, no love" and "I'll fist you!" Those two lines are the only things I didn't like from the show. But I was able to laugh at a lot of the other dumb puns

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    You've not been seen in these threads posting 50 times or more saying you prefer the writing of MYP over Revelation (that would be fine to other fans), but you've been repeatedly declaring Revelation is "bad writing", over and over again, towards fans who like the writing...
    I have *discussed* with these fans, I have not "declared" anything. Also, I have never said that any of my views were an *objective* truth. I have always used phrases like "in my opinion" to clarify that. I think I have shown a solid discussion etiquette.

without the ability recognize claims of other MOTU shows also having bad writing is 100% valid.
    Again, I have *discussed* those claims with other users. We have come to different conclusions. A *claim* after all is not *proof* and definitely still a matter of perspective. There is no *proof* that MYP and Filmation have bad writing. What others have pointed out about Filmation and MYP is that they have kids-friendly, wholesome, and sometimes humorous or goofy story elements. Most of these can be explained as suitable for the respective type of show Filmation and MYP tried to be as well as for their respective target audience. For what they tried to be, I consider most of their episodes to be well-written. On the other hand, for what Revelation tried to be (fan service for a mature audience and a continuation of the Filmation saga), I consider most of it as badly written.

You continue to post declarations of "bad writing" of Revelation in this thread versus you didn't prefer it's writing, and I will continue to push back.
    I have never once *declared* anything about Revelation, instead I have expressed my opinion. I have always made it clear that it was my opinion.

Heroic Warrior
    As an experiment, I fan-edited episode five and tacked on the final scenes of episode ten, carefully cutting around any references to Teela being the Sorceress. You'd be surprised at how well it works and how volume two itself isn't really all that necessary, despite being an improvement.

Hell, you can easily tack Episode ten's final Adam/Teela scene onto the end of episode ONE and just have Adam survive the whole thing.
    Last edited by Cameron Samurai; November 26, 2021 at 03:26pm.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikolaidas View Post
    Why did Skeletor's Havoc stuff turn into a chalice?
    I was thinking about that too, and I don’t have a complete explanation but it seems thematic. In the vision of the beginning of time, the Ram god was drinking from the water pool when it died. Zoar and the snake god “died” in the water as well. The entrance to Subternia, land of the dead lies surrounded by the crystal sea, and the Havoc staff is a key to its depths. The Ram skull as the totem of death is suitable as a weapon for Skeletor as sometimes creates a magical scythe resembling that of the grim reaper and at another point claims to be death incarnate coming for He-Man.

The idea of drinking the water of life and death (water is required for life, yet too much water or tainted water can be deadly), of reflection pools and illusions, and of the chalice being used by Motherboard as a sacrifice of warm flesh for cold mechanics all feel tied together in a way. Perhaps the staff as a magical artifact reflects the needs of its user in the same way the sword’s transformation power and the visions from Greyskull also reflect the thoughts and desires of the wielder, so it magically adapted to take part in the ritual. Of course, Lyn was the last one to have the staff before the time jump so perhaps she turned it into a chalice to hide its importance from the others, but the techno cult wound up taking it for their own anyway.

Or maybe it’s a reference to some other time the staff was turned into a cup before at some point in other He-Man media that I’m just unaware of!

I wish they would get the team that wrote and produced the new show “Arcane” to take over and start the MotU revival again.
    Now that’s how you do an animated show.
    Revelation looks like a kindergarten project compared to that.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Anyone else think that Evil-Lyn stared too long into the void and got overwhelmed? Is that why Skeletor kept his goals simplistic by comparison, while still studying the void (and keeping his sanity)?
    This is a great point.

I totally agree with this thought, and it would make complete sense... Evil-Lyn couldn't handle the power because, unlike Skeletor, she has good in her.

Imagine realizing that all of your struggles, all of your hopes, dreams, love and accomplishments mean less than nothing on the grand scale. She devoted her life to being Skeletor's lackey so that she could one day betray him and obtain ultimate power... once she got it, it was her undoing.

Seeing the creation of the universe broke her mind, and for her, the only solution was to wipe it all clean.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post
    I wish they would get the team that wrote and produced the new show “Arcane” to take over and start the MotU revival again.
    Now that’s how you do an animated show.
    Revelation looks like a kindergarten project compared to that.
    Yeah, I heard good things about Arcane. I don't like the League of Legends game it's based on, but the show might be cool in its own right.

I would love it if the people at Mattel and Netflix decided to do a new "serious" MOTU show from scratch.

Checking IMDB, I was reminded that Ileena was supposedly a character that was due to appear at some point voiced by Kevin Smith's daughter, Harley Quinn Smith. This was also something I recall reading when the official cast list was revealed. Just where does she appear in the show? IMDB claims she appears in "Cleaved in Twain" but this is factually inaccurate. I even re-watched the episode again and read the end credits carefully.

This leads me to think that either her inclusion in the show was incorrect or her character wound up being cut from the show. I would've been more interested in her appearing than say,

Blade or Pig Boy.

In the commentary track Smith mentioned that Ileena was cut from episode 2. She was supposed to confront Teela and Andra when they approached Castle Grayskull on behalf of Randor, the reason being that no one is to be allowed near the castle. When they spoke about it the scene did feel a bit needless. Probably could have given her a cameo at Randor and Marlena's camp if they wanted to include her.

Could She-Ra Come to Masters of the Universe: Revelation Season 2?

"If Kevin Smith has his way, not only would the She-Ra characters show up in Masters of the Universe: Revelation but he’d love to work with the She-Ra and the Princesses of Power team to do it."

https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/could-s...tion-season-2/

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post

I totally agree with this thought, and it would make complete sense... Evil-Lyn couldn't handle the power because, unlike Skeletor, she has good in her.

Imagine realizing that all of your struggles, all of your hopes, dreams, love and accomplishments mean less than nothing on the grand scale. She devoted her life to being Skeletor's lackey so that she could one day betray him and obtain ultimate power... once she got it, it was her undoing.

Seeing the creation of the universe broke her mind, and for her, the only solution was to wipe it all clean.
    The having good in her part seems spot on. In rewatching the episodes from start to finish, I noticed it was Skeletor who wanted to show her his vision of the cosmos, a nihilistic void of power waiting to be claimed. Back in episode 4, when Lyn helped Orko conquer his fears she also hinted at her own. She talked about feeling small and insignificant, but also stated her conviction that to her even the tiny things in the universe are full of magic, and cast an illusion of a bird in flight reminiscent of the flight of the resurrected Zoar from the time vision. Seems Lyn already had the true vision of the universe inside her, but she lost sight of it once she saw it filtered through Skeletor. It doesn’t seem like he meant any harm by showing her either, as he knew to push her out when he saw it overwhelm her. It seemed like he really believed she would revel in the existential meaninglessness and cruelty of the universe the way he does, and he certainly seems to trust her far more in this version than MYP or Filmation to be a kindred spirit, but evil is bound to destroy even what evil itself loves.

After Lyn claims the power for herself, for all her talk of being increasingly convinced that the universe ending would be a mercy, she stalled endlessly in actually eliminating it. Perhaps she still held that glimmer of hope that she was wrong somehow, but still being too lost to see it. Teela restoring her faith with the “true” vision was critical to dispelling that chaos and allowed her to find peace.

Seems Kevin is actually willing to coming back, Hopefully Mattel greenlights a second season.
    Princesses of Power enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post

"If Kevin Smith has his way, not only would the She-Ra characters show up in Masters of the Universe: Revelation but he’d love to work with the She-Ra and the Princesses of Power team to do it."

I want a season 2, but not if that is in the cards. It sounds like Smith is just spitballing though, so I doubt it happens in a season 2. She-Ra, I am ok with, but would rather not. Anything remotely to do with Princesses of Power I am against. They had their 52 episodes already.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviews2D View Post
    Seems Kevin is actually willing to coming back, Hopefully Mattel greenlights a second season.

I won't believe till I'll read press confirmation this time ,

I think a proper modern reboot involving the HORDE is due at this point after MYP S3 with plans for them being canned so sadly, yeah we need a great visually well told story with Hordak and all the characters from that world if the recent Dc comics issues are any indication.

It would be cool also to get the SNAKEMEN being more present next time but after all we already had MYP season2 for all viewing pleasure and it was so good back then, especially the Zodak storyline
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "Good Journey!"
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "The Power of Grayskull Awakens......"
    "Let the Power Returns....!"

If they do do the Horde, I hope they don't limit themselves to only the characters Mattel produced for the He-Man version of the line. They don't have to be so prominent this time, but Shadow Weaver and Catra are still rather iconic to the Horde as Hordak himself is.

Plus I want Imp to show up.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post

Okay, you can cancel Season 2 now. I no longer care.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos88 View Post
    Okay, you can cancel Season 2 now. I no longer care.
    Could you imagine....just how bad things could get? Why would anyone do that to themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by smanomega View Post
    Could you imagine....just how bad things could get? Why would anyone do that to themselves.
    The tonal whiplash of trying to incorporate anything from SPOP into this much, much darker series just hurts my brain. Mattel, get rid of Kevin Smith. Please. The weed has addled his mind.

Part 2 was one hell of a ride, and I loved it!
    It was certainly more streamlined and much of it was focused on re-taking the castle. But it makes sense that the pace picks up in the second half of the run.
    It had wild ideas and took the lore to different new places. Kind of cool how it showed the Castle could be in the hands of the other faction, too, just like it was in the very beginning with the playset!

The fights were amazing, the way they were animated. The music rocked. The cameos ruled. The feelings were real.
    I would have loved to see more characters appear, and see some of them with more screen time. But it was only so much runtime. Pity that Netflix didn't give us a slightly longer series.

The ending shows a bold new status quo and I'd love to see that one showcased in a new part! With some of the not yet seen heroes joining their side! Before Motherboard messes it all up quickly haha

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos88 View Post
    The tonal whiplash of trying to incorporate anything from SPOP into this much, much darker series just hurts my brain. Mattel, get rid of Kevin Smith. Please. The weed has addled his mind.
    NO No No you have to LOVE it like everyone else or you will be scolded like a child....