Page 330 of 364 FirstFirst ... 230280320328329330331332340 ... LastLast
Results 8,226 to 8,250 of 9100

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Netflix Series

Heroic Warrior
    I got into MOTU via MYP and I still think they're at least equal. They traded out some flaws for others, they both had strengths and weaknesses. They all did.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverToad View Post
    I got into MOTU via MYP and I still think they're at least equal. They traded out some flaws for others, they both had strengths and weaknesses. They all did.
    Get out of here with your cool-headed reasonableness! lol
    MOTHERBOARD! MOTHERBOARD! MOTHERBOARD!

Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    ^ lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    Or rather, not himself.
    I don't know, comparing the character differences of protagonist Adam/He-Man in Revelation to the character differences of antagonist Clark/Superman in Injustice seems a wee bit too extreme to me. A bit hyperbolic to be honest.

Have a beer! 🍺
    - - - - -
    ForEternia.com
    Masters of the Universe: Revelation Fan Site

- - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo Magic View Post
    Have a beer! 🍺

I just dislike the idea that of all the media available, the only current media. Sure He-man is He-man but to me this will be like if someone only knew Superman from the Injustice series of comics.
    Hey I really like the injustice storyline!

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post
    Hey I really like the injustice storyline!
    Yeah, lots of characters were assassinated there, Wonder Woman front and center.

I don't mind the focus on other characters - I'd love a spinoff series about Zodac.
    Where was Zodac ? He is a Cosmic Enforcer , a space cop . His one job in the whole franchise is to protect the galaxy from people such as He Vil Lynn

Did they defund him ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolaidas View Post
    Yeah, lots of characters were assassinated there, Wonder Woman front and center.
    True but it was clear it was an elseworld from the start, if it was touted as the new canon, it might be different ….hmmmm kinda reminds me of something else….can’t quite put my finger on what

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinNerd View Post
    True but it was clear it was an elseworld from the start, if it was touted as the new canon, it might be different ….hmmmm kinda reminds me of something else….can’t quite put my finger on what
    Me neither

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Where was Zodac ? He is a Cosmic Enforcer , a space cop . His one job in the whole franchise is to protect the galaxy from people such as He Vil Lynn

Did they defund him ?
    You have my respect for walking on thin ice.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Anyone else think that Evil-Lyn stared too long into the void and got overwhelmed? Is that why Skeletor kept his goals simplistic by comparison, while still studying the void (and keeping his sanity)?
    Oh, I like that train of thought! Or possibly he did lose his sanity just as she did, but it manifested as his tunnel-vision about destroying He-Man. Both his and Lyn's behavior upon gaining the Power then validates Adam's humility and limited use of the Power all along.

I still wanted Clamp Champ, Fisto, and Moss Man to come out okay though.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverToad View Post
    Very much agreed! Nothing's perfect.
    Last edited by gbagok; November 30, 2021 at 08:12am.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

I quite enjoyed the second series of Revelation. Great to see Goat Man make a cameo which gave me a bit of a laugh. Mattel might as well re-release the classic version of him.

I take Revelation for what it is, a neat cartoon. As far as cannon goes IMO, I will always fall in behind the 200x series. I much prefer the Keldor and Evil Lyn back story.

Did they defund him ?
    I am kinda wondering where the heck is he with all that is happening .

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Oh, I like that train of thought! Or possibly he did lose his sanity just as she did, but it manifested as his tunnel-vision about destroying He-Man. Both his and Lyn's behavior upon gaining the Power then validates Adam's humility and limited use of the Power all along.

I still wanted Clamp Champ, Fisto, and Moss Man to come out okay though.

Very much agreed! Nothing's perfect.
    Agree.
    DC MOTU Injustice crossover highlighted Adam's humility too.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Did they defund him ?
    That made me spit my coffee out, so thank you for that
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Did they defund him ?
    I know the figure had a gun, and Zodac was labeled "the cosmic enforcer"

...but...

In the Filmation series, Zodac was the equivalent to Marvel's The Watcher, where he can only observe the universe, he's not supposed to interfere. Only watch. (Although interference seemed a slightly gray area at times).

So there was probably no need to include Zodac in Revelation for such a small episode count. Just assume he's watching.
    - - - - -
    ForEternia.com

- - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Anyone else think that Evil-Lyn stared too long into the void and got overwhelmed? Is that why Skeletor kept his goals simplistic by comparison, while still studying the void (and keeping his sanity)?

QUOTE=gbagok;3969497
    I had a similar thought when I watched the show. It made me think of the famous quote from Nietzsche: “He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee.”

The abyss is like the void and I did think that Skeletor had the sense to pull out of it. Evil-Lyn didn't and lost some of her sanity to it, I think.

I don't know, comparing the character differences of protagonist Adam/He-Man in Revelation to the character differences of antagonist Clark/Superman in Injustice seems a wee bit too extreme to me. A bit hyperbolic to be honest.

Have a beer! 🍺
    I just felt like this version of He-man was presented as a super-strong wild haired surfer dude. He wasn't shown as mature or wise at all.

I'm a whiskey guy myself
    "A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him."

I just felt like this version of He-man was presented as a super-strong wild haired surfer dude. He wasn't shown as mature or wise at all.
    I think you need to spend 60 seconds watching this.

I'm a whiskey guy myself
    Not too much of a whiskey drinker myself, but I do like its spin-off... Southern Comfort!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    I had a similar thought when I watched the show. It made me think of the famous quote from Nietzsche: “He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee.”

The abyss is like the void and I did think that Skeletor had the sense to pull out of it. Evil-Lyn didn't and lost some of her sanity to it, I think.
    I do like this thinking!
    - - - - -
    ForEternia.com

- - - - -

This just proves my point! Classic DAD jokes!

https://youtu.be/bMjVvg8jOO4

Not too much of a whiskey drinker myself, but I do like its spin-off... Southern Comfort!

- - - Updated - - -

I do like this thinking!
    I can't know for sure, but I do think the writers had the abyss quote in mind when writing this arc of the show. I thought it was the most compelling thread of the whole series. And I give them props for having Evil-Lyn take a non-cliched route through her hero's journey.

This just proves my point! Classic DAD jokes!
    This poves your point about He-Man not shown as mature or wise at all in Revelation compared to Filmation? No, I don't think it does.

But if you want Dad jokes, even with He-Man himself hardly in Revelation, he had dumb dad jokes too when he said "You're all wet Skeletor" or when beating up Whiplash with Teela he cracks "It would be rude not to share". I don't know my friend, it really feels like you're reaching here. Maybe you just didn't like the vocal performance? He-Man had a much deeper voice in the Filmation Series, which resonates a wiser age. Maybe that's it.
    - - - - -
    ForEternia.com

- - - - -

Heroic Warrior
    I'm sorry to repost my question from a few pages earlier, but it's an aspect of the Revelation plot I just can't figure out:

Why were both Skeletor and Evil-Lyn able to transform via the Power Sword when the sword -- as it was established -- was "just the conduit" and the actual transformation "spark" came from Adam himself?

If anyone has an explanation, this would be really helpful.

I can't know for sure, but I do think the writers had the abyss quote in mind when writing this arc of the show. I thought it was the most compelling thread of the whole series. And I give them props for having Evil-Lyn take a non-cliched route through her hero's journey.
    I'm hoping the Art of the Masters of the Universe Revelation Book coming out soon gives us more insight on this and other aspects. I know, it's technically an art book, but it also promises to be a deep dive into the process of the show, so fingers crossed. Other than that, I'm hoping for some extensive docs included in the home video release.
    - - - - -
    ForEternia.com

- - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JSElshoff View Post
    I'm sorry to repost my question from a few pages earlier, but it's an aspect of the Revelation plot I just can't figure out:

Why were both Skeletor and Evil-Lyn able to transform via the Power Sword when the sword -- as it was established -- was "just the conduit" and the actual transformation "spark" came from Adam himself?

If anyone has an explanation, this would be really helpful.
    Good question... if anything, wouldn't the power of the sword have civilized them to a degree, since it did such a civilizing job on Savage He-Man?

I don't know the answer to your question. I only watched it once and am not planning on watching it again for a while. As much as I've criticized the writing, I will watch it again

This poves your point about He-Man not shown as mature or wise at all in Revelation compared to Filmation? No, I don't think it does.

But if you want Dad jokes, even with He-Man himself hardly in Revelation, he had dumb dad jokes too when he said "You're all wet Skeletor" or when beating up Whiplash with Teela he cracks "It would be rude not to share". I don't know my friend, it really feels like you're reaching here. Maybe you just didn't like the vocal performance? He-Man had a much deeper voice in the Filmation Series, which resonates a wiser age. Maybe that's it.
    Well if I'm being serious about it I'd say that in the limited time we saw He-man he did not come off as mature and in control. IMO he seemed playful and more like a goofball. Him losing control of his emotions early on (enough to attempt murder) and then working with this same person like nothing ever happened seemed contradictory.

I never got the sense of wise, in control, He-man we had in the Filmation series. It was more like he was just Adam powered up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JSElshoff View Post

I'd be interested to hear a reasonable explanation for this as well. King Grayskull told Adam there were other champions (If Adam hadn't returned) but the series made it appear as though anyone could raise the sword and have the power.

I also didn't understand how Skeletor was able to "give" the power of the sorceress to Evil-lyn. Because later in the series they make it seem that the Sorceress is the one with the power.

Heroic Warrior
    @ jibernish:

Good question... if anything, wouldn't the power of the sword have civilized them to a degree, since it did such a civilizing job on Savage He-Man?

I don't know the answer to your question. I only watched it once and am not planning on watching it again for a while. As much as I've criticized the writing, I will watch it again
    Yes, you made some good points regarding the writing. Still, Revelation is certainly not "unwatchable" -- it has great music, good animation, good editing, etc.

As for the sword question: It seems like a (huge) plot hole as it is, but it's so obvious that I still can't really believe the writers haven't thought of this.

---

@ Dice:

I'd be interested to hear a reasonable explanation for this as well. King Grayskull told Adam there were other champions (If Adam hadn't returned) but the series made it appear as though anyone could raise the sword and have the power.
    Exactly. And if everyone is able to transform via the sword, the sword can't "just be the conduit". Either a misunderstanding is intended on Adam's part or it's really an oversight. What other possibilities are there?

I also didn't understand how Skeletor was able to "give" the power of the sorceress to Evil-lyn. Because later in the series they make it seem that the Sorceress is the one with the power.
    At first this "relaying" of power reminded me of He-Man using the sword to transform Cringer into Battle-Cat. Given the power difference between Battle-Cat and an actual Sorceress of Grayskull, this comparison really doesn't make much sense, though.
    Last edited by JSElshoff; November 30, 2021 at 12:59pm.