Page 35 of 330 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Netflix Series

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayk View Post
    Can anyone tell the non speaking english peope what he said in the Interview?
    Just some facts? Not the whole Interview please
    Basically, this is a direct sequel to the Filmation cartoon, and will even start out like your average Filmation episode. The classic designs are being used (presumably the Filmation designs). The scripts made Kevin Smith cry (which is a pretty good sign). They're going deep with the lore, so we're getting a lot of obscure stuff from Filmation, comics, and scrapped concepts. He also acknowledged the 200X MYP series. The animatics are apparently really good as well. The world building and such is apparently inspired by the MCU. Also, he described this as MOTU's Game of Thrones minus the sex and dragons.

Finally, he's trying to get a reboot of the Clerks cartoon off the ground.

Oh wow

Thanks so much

Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    Basically, this is a direct sequel to the Filmation cartoon, and will even start out like your average Filmation episode.
    And then there's a kind of cataclysm and changes the tone , even he mentioned about people dying .

Also, he described this as MOTU's Game of Thrones minus the sex and dragons.
    This is my only concerns , I agree on the nudity but there were dragons in Eternia, in fact ,it is an essential part of Eternia
    Last edited by heavy-eternium; May 3, 2020 at 01:39pm.

I still have my doubts that everything will look exactly the same. Obviously the animation style is 100% different to Filmation, but I also don't expect the character designs or Eternia itself to be exactly the same as they were in Filmation. This is one of those rare instances when I want to be proven wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    Filmation MOTU universe and death does not really go hand in hand. They can retire characters without them having to die IMHO.
    Indeed, I finally got to reading the Masters of the Multiverse comics yesterday and there was an implied death of a Filmation character in it that I really hope isn't so...

What I would most like to see is an advancement of the characters in ways we kind of already know are going to happen. By the end of the show, I want Teela as the new Sorceress, married to King Adam. Though, that implies the current Sorceress will die... which I am cool with, given the Teela replacement situation. I guess that implies Randor will die as well, which I would also be cool with. I most want to see the future of the Filmation universe, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    I still have my doubts that everything will look exactly the same. Obviously the animation style is 100% different to Filmation, but I also don't expect the character designs or Eternia itself to be exactly the same as they were in Filmation. This is one of those rare instances when I want to be proven wrong.
    I think it could be on the vein of Superman returns.

Superman returns (2006) is the continuation of the story of superman 2 (1980 ) but everything got an update respecting the designs

Of course it will different. Updated

You’re not wrong. There have been some tweaks to the designs.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffcope View Post
    You’re not wrong. There have been some tweaks to the designs.
    Are you referring to those renditions that are doing the rounds in the style of Powerhouse Animation? I think they're fan-art. I do like them, though. I would be very pleased with something like that. But I am also open to design tweaks here and there. I'm one of those rare fans who welcomes new or new-ish takes, even if I may not like them.
    Last edited by Krueger; May 3, 2020 at 07:45pm.

Revelation Is The Game of Thrones Version of He-Man

Netflix's upcoming Kevin Smith project Masters of the Universe: Revelation is going to be the He-Man version of Game of Thrones.

https://screenrant.com/masters-of-th...ion-of-he-man/
    Lord Hordak

Are you referring to those renditions that are doing the rounds in the style of Powerhouse Animation? I think they're fan-art.
    No. I can’t say anything more, but I’m not referring to that art.

Heroic Warrior
    I like what I hearing so far. Tweaks to the design are to be expected, so I am not worried about that. Showcasing the future of He-Man with this series sounds really cool. I imagine it will be kind of what DC Comics did (i.e. Teela becomes the Sorceress, Adam becomes king). I just hope the villains are treated more seriously and are more threatening. Can't wait!

I'm fine with updated designs and I even think things should be updated, slightly modernized as long as they don't go overboard like in the new She-Ra. If they fix Adam's hair I'll be very happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PIMPS ADAM View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/tv/B_qUUt3...=1h0l36q0zwoy4

@15:30 Super Exciting interview!!!!
    You probably meant 25:30, that's where he talks about He-Man. thanks for the link!
    Last edited by Chris85; May 4, 2020 at 08:52am. Reason: spelling

Heroic Warrior
    Ngl, I hope we get minor updates to the character designs. I mean, no white skull Skelly (ew), but I kinda hope we get the Origins look for the power harness (it's my personal favorite design, and I'm very much a red squares kind of guy). I'm also hoping Man-At-Arms gets a more asymmetrical look (even if it's just his armor breaking), and that if we get Battle Armor, pants are included. Also, I'm hoping we see Randor all armored up like the vintage toy.

My biggest worry is Orko. I mean, he's super easy to hate, I personally find him incredibly annoying, but like, don't kill him or make him evil. Like, just have him grow up and mature over the course of the series.

Also, kill Crackers the Clown. I know he already died in MOTM, but kill him again.

My biggest worry is Orko. I mean, he's super easy to hate, I personally find him incredibly annoying
    He really is. If he at least stops getting into trouble all the time, it will be a welcome change.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
    He really is. If he at least stops getting into trouble all the time, it will be a welcome change.
    Oh come on, it won't be a true Filmation sequel if it doesn't feature at least one scene of Orko dropping eggs on Man-at-Arms' head and then running away sulking because nobody likes him.....
    Check out my Masters of the Universe cartoon review site at https://hemanmotu.wordpress.com/!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
    Yeah I really hope they make Orko more mature this time. Even when I was a kid watching the Filmation series he bugged me at times and now I find him annoying most of the times in that series. Humor is fine, but I just think his humor, especially in Filmation, was way too silly.

Everything makes Smith cry and he hypes everything that is good and bad. Not just his own stuff. So his word is not to be taken seriously.

Heroic Warrior
    Goodness, I really hope they don't mess up Orko too much. He's one of my favourite characters, and I know it'd be really hard to strike a balance between being in character to a fault (breaking the immersion of the darker toned show) or being overhauled to the point where he's essentially a different character altogether.

Like I'm not going to get into a lengthy essay about the specifics, but I relate to Orko a lot, we have a lot of similar personality traits like being easily excitable, friendly, supportive, tending to get on people's nerves, etc etc. I know he most definitely has the potential to be a very interesting character. Which is why it frustrates me that time and time again the writers of whatever franchise iteration weasels around and either sidelines him or rewrites the character to the point where I question why they even bothered to him at all.

If it's going to be a darker series, I have a feeling they're going to need at least a few ties to keep it from being a depressing slog. I've seen too many series go down the drain because they decided it would be a good idea to kill off the character(s) who kept things relatively lighthearted and hopeful. As an aspiring post-apocalyptic writer, I can attest to this: When all your characters are either stoic-angsty or angry-angsty, character dynamics tend to get really boring and repetitive.

Of course, there are ways they could change his character, but it would have to be a bit more over the course of the series. They could have a subplot about Orko getting increasingly stressed about the whole "life falling apart around him while his inconsistent magic skills render him basically helpless to do much of anything about it" thing and slowly having a mental breakdown as he both doubles down on his comic relief in an attempt to be useful and refuses to talk to anyone about his own worries because he feels the others are worrying enough. Then eventually he just ends up breaking because as it turns out doing all that's not a very good coping mechanism.

Or they could just kill him off within the first ten minutes to establish how they are a Super Dark Remake that should be taken Very Seriously.

(actually, now that I think about it, has Orko ever been straight up killed off before? I can't think of any instances off the top of my head)

Quote Originally Posted by RiverToad View Post
    Goodness, I really hope they don't mess up Orko too much. He's one of my favourite characters, and I know it'd be really hard to strike a balance between being in character to a fault (breaking the immersion of the darker toned show) or being overhauled to the point where he's essentially a different character altogether.

Like I'm not going to get into a lengthy essay about the specifics, but I relate to Orko a lot, we have a lot of similar personality traits like being easily excitable, friendly, supportive, tending to get on people's nerves, etc etc. I know he most definitely has the potential to be a very interesting character. Which is why it frustrates me that time and time again the writers of whatever franchise iteration weasels around and either sidelines him or rewrites the character to the point where I question why they even bothered to him at all.

If it's going to be a darker series, I have a feeling they're going to need at least a few ties to keep it from being a depressing slog. I've seen too many series go down the drain because they decided it would be a good idea to kill off the character(s) who kept things relatively lighthearted and hopeful. As an aspiring post-apocalyptic writer, I can attest to this: When all your characters are either stoic-angsty or angry-angsty, character dynamics tend to get really boring and repetitive.

Of course, there are ways they could change his character, but it would have to be a bit more over the course of the series. They could have a subplot about Orko getting increasingly stressed about the whole "life falling apart around him while his inconsistent magic skills render him basically helpless to do much of anything about it" thing and slowly having a mental breakdown as he both doubles down on his comic relief in an attempt to be useful and refuses to talk to anyone about his own worries because he feels the others are worrying enough. Then eventually he just ends up breaking because as it turns out doing all that's not a very good coping mechanism.

Or they could just kill him off within the first ten minutes to establish how they are a Super Dark Remake that should be taken Very Seriously.

(actually, now that I think about it, has Orko ever been straight up killed off before? I can't think of any instances off the top of my head)
    As much as many people hate him, Orko is a core character. It would be impossible not to include him in a significant role.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by banthafett View Post
    Everything makes Smith cry and he hypes everything that is good and bad. Not just his own stuff. So his word is not to be taken seriously.
    I feel that since the heart attack, his standards have definitely improved. Like, even with his TROS review, he acknowledged some of the flaws, which isn't something he would have done pre-heart attack.

Also, Jay and Silent Bob Reboot was pretty good imo, probably the best thing he's done since the turn of the century (except maybe the Clerks cartoon). It did have its flaws, but I honestly think it was better than Strike Back, and definitely better than all the Canada movies he did.

So I think it's safe to be hyped for this.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverToad View Post
    They could have a subplot about Orko getting increasingly stressed about the whole "life falling apart around him while his inconsistent magic skills render him basically helpless to do much of anything about it" thing and slowly having a mental breakdown as he both doubles down on his comic relief in an attempt to be useful and refuses to talk to anyone about his own worries because he feels the others are worrying enough. Then eventually he just ends up breaking because as it turns out doing all that's not a very good coping mechanism.
    I like this idea a lot. If done right, it could add a really interesting dimension to Orko, and really works within the character as we already know him.
    Check out my Masters of the Universe cartoon review site at https://hemanmotu.wordpress.com/!

I hope Teela finally dons the Cobra Armor in this. It would be her first animated appearance wearing it.
    Danielsan52

Most wanted Classics figures:
    Stretch Neck, Vypor, Sharella, Secret Liquid of Life Teela, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Princess Rana, Golden Rod/Aramesh, RoboWoman, Prince Dakon, Shezar, NA Sorceress, Ultimate Goddess, Lt. Andra

Heroic Warrior
    Do we know if this will fit in before the rise of Hsss and the snake men?

He-Man historian
    Quote Originally Posted by dan1980 View Post
    Do we know if this will fit in before the rise of Hsss and the snake men?
    Well given that in voice cast we have confirmation of characters like Scare Glow and He-Ro; both from 1987. I'd say they may include events from end of "vintage story" so Hiss and Snake Men are around.

Of course need to wait and see. Because even if the events will be during at a later time, they may not focus on Snake Men... In which case one can always hope some throwaway line from other characters...
    Smith keeps talking about picking up right after animated show. But having these characters from very end of the vintage line... would suggest any which way on how they want to handle it.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!