Page 363 of 404 FirstFirst ... 263313353361362363364365373 ... LastLast
Results 9,051 to 9,075 of 10086

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Netflix Series

I find it super problematic if some fans wish, and some actively campaign, to kill off one branch of MOTU, even if it is for the goal of reviving something from decades ago.

Any iteration of MOTU helps keeping the brand alive, might bring us more toys, and brings in a few new people besides always the same dudes.

And there are many fans who loved Revelation. To try to destroy that, to wish to take that away from them (or deny more if it), to constantly try to push the narrative, even here on the .org, is not very kind.

You can like something without pooping on something else. Iím happy for 200X fans and Classics fans but I like them even more if they are generous. Itís a nice human trait.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    I find it super problematic if some fans wish, and some actively campaign, to kill off one branch of MOTU, even if it is for the goal of reviving something from decades ago.

Any iteration of MOTU helps keeping the brand alive, might bring us more toys, and brings in a few new people besides always the same dudes.

And there are many fans who loved Revelation. To try to destroy that, to wish to take that away from them (or deny more if it), to constantly try to push the narrative, even here on the .org, is not very kind.

You can like something without pooping on something else. Iím happy for 200X fans and Classics fans but I like them even more if they are generous. Itís a nice human trait.

EXACTLY

There are quite a few of us here that are just OK with the new CGI show but there isn't a dozen or so pages of SHUT IT DOWN on their threads is there?

I know all the factors that people seem to think that it's OK to dump on this show while praising another that did way more to "divide" the fan base. But it's ok because they said they were going to... More to say, no More time.....

Heroic Warrior

Oof, definitely... I've seen this happen in another fandom. Fans threw a temper tantrum demanding that the most recent show be cancelled so they could get back an older one. The recent show was cancelled... and they still didn't get the old one back. Ended up ruining the fun for everyone. The company in charge still hasn't made an even somewhat ambitious take on the franchise since 2015.

Watching that, then turning around and seeing it basically play out again in my OTHER major fandom has been incredibly disheartening.

This is well said.

I posted this earlier, but I find it fascinating that people would continue to come back, time after time, and retread the same reasons for why Revelation is sooooo bad.

It got to the point where people were posting still images of the show because Adam's hand looks weird in this frame...

Just so much energy being misdirected...

If you can't join the kids who are playing this game, try to find another that you might enjoy... don't sit in the corner pouting about it, trying to end the game and getting yourself all worked up.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    This is well said.

It got to the point where people were posting still images of the show because Adam's hand looks weird in this frame...

Just so much energy being misdirected...

If you can't join the kids who are playing this game, try to find another that you might enjoy... don't sit in the corner pouting about it, trying to end the game and getting yourself all worked up.
    To be fair, the kid had some ugly FN mitts in this one for some reason

Once again I absolutely agree with everything you say here!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Widget

Completely agreed. Iím a new fan that was roped in by this show and She-Ra (2018). My fingers are crossed for another MOTU season on Netflix.

Heck, I just bought my first action figures today at Target. All thanks to this show.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverToad View Post
    Uh, can you explain HOW, exactly, this could have been told in one or two episodes?
    Easy. Skip all the bits where women were the main characters/leads. Because clearly this is the issue.

The dudes can have unrealistically buff bodies, but Teela and Lyn's arms are too big. King Randor can throw a hissy fit when he learns his son was getting into trouble behind his back, but Teela is supposed to be cool about having been lied to (and gas-lit) all her life by her closest friend and family. And Teela is a "Mary Sue" in a show where the main character is basically Superman!

That's why most of the critism feels like - is - grasping for straws.

Adam being more humble and not an arrogant, priveledged, twerp is salt in the wound.

Edit - of course I don't mean that anyone who disliked the show has these issues. But anybody who is very angry about it and/or overblows trivial things almost surely has some serious issues beyond simply not liking a show.
    Notice how nobody is screaming and having about the CGI show.
    Last edited by crimhead; January 17, 2022 at 09:52am.
    Totally Jazzed for C'MONs Clash For Eternia!

To be fair I asked and was quickly told "NO" when I suggested someone make a thread specifically for complaints about Revelation.

I wonder how many people that have good things to say about the show would have stayed out of that thread?
    ďIt is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.Ē

There seems to be no good way to handle that.

On another forum I frequent, in the past they've tried having "Pro Only" or "Complaint Only" threads, for certain controversial topics, and in either case it inevitably devolves into "Those people who disagree with us are all stupid!" rather than discussing the topic at hand. We're already seeing it here, too, with the Protected thread constantly needing clean-up.

Put simply, it seems like a discussion board simply is not a place for any sort of echo chamber to function. The tribal Us vs. Them stuff inevitably overtakes it no matter which side of the "debate" anyone falls on.

The internet in general is simply not a place for civil disagreement. What it is instead, is more like, "I totally respect that your opinion differs from mine. NOW, let me explain to you why you're totally wrong." People just can't help themselves. Therefore, if you don't like that people disagree with your opinion, regardless of who you are or what that opinion may be, your only option is to simply not have these conversations with people online.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikki
    ...it inevitably devolves into "Those people who disagree with us are all stupid!"
    I certainly hope I don't come off like that. I can understand that not everyone will appreciate Revelations.

What I don't quite get is raging hostility. There has to be a psychological explanation for that level of animosity and distain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    ...rather than discussing the topic at hand.
    Onto the topic, are we predicting Snake-Men is season 3? Maybe the destruction of Motherboard reduces Snake Mountain to rubble, exposing what horrors lie buried beneath?
    Last edited by crimhead; January 17, 2022 at 03:10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by crimhead View Post
    Onto the topic, are we predicting Snake-Men is season 3?
    As long as they handle it better than 200X... I personally felt like the Snake Men arc in the MYP series was over-long and not as good as the first season...

I lost interest halfway through season 2. If they had started something with the Horde midway through the SM arc, it would have held my attention much better.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

As long as they handle it better than 200X... I personally felt like the Snake Men arc in the MYP series was over-long and not as good as the first season...

I lost interest halfway through season 2. If they had started something with the Horde midway through the SM arc, it would have held my attention much better.
    Felt the same way some of my favorite episodes from there were the non or lesser Snake men episodes...

Heroic Warrior King Daddy Bo-Hog's Avatar
    I certainly hope I don't come off like that. I can understand that not everyone will appreciate Revelations.

What I don't quite get is raging hostility. There has to be a psychological explanation for that level of animosity and distain.
    I honestly believe that a lot of it (though not all, so if some of you don't feel like you fall into this category, then I'm not talking about you) is that our culture has evolved in such a way that people simply are not happy unless they're mad about something. We've become so entitled that we think we have the right to have everything our way--exactly how we want it--and anything that's not perfect according to our unreachable standard is the DEVIL and must be destroyed. We are a spoiled, ungrateful society and since life truly is so much better for the majority of us than it has been in most past generations, we find things to get ****** off and ***** about instead of being grateful.

Heroic Warrior
    As long as they handle it better than 200X...
    Everything about Revelation is better handled than 200x.

MYP was fun to be sure. But not the dark, gtityy, spiritual successor that is Revelation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    To be fair I asked and was quickly told "NO" when I suggested someone make a thread specifically for complaints about Revelation.

I wonder how many people that have good things to say about the show would have stayed out of that thread?
    I think that's unfortunate. Not a fan of double standards.

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    I think that's unfortunate. Not a fan of double standards.
    I haven't gotten a formal request.

You can make a request for a protected thread through the proper channels.

Users need to ask a moderator in the forum you wish to start the Protected Thread for permission before posting.

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...s!-Please-Read

You would need to PM a mod on what you want and give good reasons why you think it is neccessary for a protected thread on the topic. It is likely a majority of the mods would ultimately have a say on something like this topic before it was decided. A "negativity" thread doesn't seem likely, but you can try. That is the last I will say on it on the open forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I haven't gotten a formal request.

You can make a request for a protected thread through the proper channels.

Users need to ask a moderator in the forum you wish to start the Protected Thread for permission before posting.

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...s!-Please-Read

You would need to PM a mod on what you want and give good reasons why you think it is neccessary for a protected thread on the topic. It is likely a majority of the mods would ultimately have a say on something like this topic before it was decided. A "negativity" thread doesn't seem likely, but you can try. That is the last I will say on it on the open forums.
    I take my comment back then. I misread the post. My apologies. I'm exhausted at this point of discussing it, so I won't propose the thread. Thanks for addressing it.

This whole thread is running on fumes whether it be good or bad news by now. So what would be the point of opening up a new thread to discuss things we dislike after they've already been discussed in depth for over 100 pages right here and in detail although it would be a good thing to do if they do make another season so we can start fresh.

Onto the topic, are we predicting Snake-Men is season 3? Maybe the destruction of Motherboard reduces Snake Mountain to rubble, exposing what horrors lie buried beneath?
    I'm not. It'd be nice but I'm certainly not expecting any sort of Season 3. To be perfectly blunt, if there's a Season TWO I'll be shocked. "Shocked" would even be an understatement.

I'm not trying to be a doomsayer, but overall the show got more bad buzz than good buzz AND nobody watched the second half of it. The second half may as well not even have happened, for as little impact as it made. I liked the show a lot but to me the writing is on the wall that it's a one-and-done.

Now, if I'm wrong, that's awesome. Just saying, I will be shocked.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Heroic Warrior
    I'm not trying to be a doomsayer, but overall the show got more bad buzz than good buzz AND nobody watched the second half of it.
    Screenrant lists it as one of 2021's Top Ten animated shows based on ratings from Rotton Tomatoes (where it has a 92% freshness rating).

Bad Buzz was just a bunch of childish noise. Money talks.

https://screenrant.com/best-animated...RpTMQDZiW-cfi8

Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    I'm not trying to be a doomsayer, but overall the show got more bad buzz than good buzz AND nobody watched the second half of it. The second half may as well not even have happened, for as little impact as it made..
    They say there is no such thing as bad buzz, just little to no buzz. And buzz is impossible to quantify. Global viewership, global repeat viewership, global demographics, ties to new subscriptions, global merchandise sales, these will be the metrics Netflix and Mattel/Mattel Television will be looking at.

Saying the second half may as well not even happened is a bit hyperbolic. I wouldn't have bet on a season two either, but the fact that it wasn't quickly terminated by Netflix like Cowboy Bebop probably means it's a good thing in regards to Revelation being some degree of a success, regardless what happens. And the longer Kevin Smith indicates Netflix is still deciding on a Season Two really makes me consider another season is an actual possibility.
    - - - - -
    FOR ETERNIA Podcast
    Masters of the Universe Podcast

ForEternia.com
    Masters of the Universe: Revelation Fan Site

- - - - -

Well, I watched the second half and I didn't even like the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by Parzival View Post
    What old school fans think of the new She-ra doesn’t matter. It clicked with its target audience so you all really should get over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    hmm-yeah.jpg

I am not even an "old school fan" of She-Ra. I have never seen the show as a kid, the UK and german channels I had simply never aired it. But I have seen it later online and am familiar with the lore, so to see it all thrown out the window with a She-Ra who looks exactly the same transformed, a Hordak who is like some angsty vampire boy exported from a Twilight novel (alongside his autistic waifu who thinks "oooh I can fix him!") and utterly irredeemable villain Catra who has zero motivation beyond wanting to be recognized (something she already achieved by season 2) but then decides to risk destroying the world just to "win"... and then not only gets forgiven, but they shoehorn an out of nowhere romance...
    I gotta admit, Revelation actually comes off better there. They too totally let crazy person who almost destroyed the world get off scott-free, but at least Teela did not immediately fell in love with Evil-Lyn...

Also, is Tapatalk paying you to add that at the end of every one of your posts? We really couldn't care less what you sent your message from.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    I recall more than one media book or comic describing the sword as semi sentient that would burn the hand of any evil character that would dare to touch it .

Remember Secret of the sword first few minutes ? The Sword of Protection was floating in the air leading Sorceress to the correct portal of Etheria .

This is not consistent with the first episodes where breaking the sword in two meant all magic in the universe was dying . Is it important or not ?
    Considering how important the sword was in the first 5 episodes, it really stops being important afterwards. Sure, Skeletor has it, but Adam can now transform without it, Evil-Lyn does not get depowered somehow when she loses it and then she just absorbs the planetary alignment energies and gets even more powerful...
    Honestly, I wish the show did not have THIS many MacGuffins in a mere 10 episodes. We had the orb of the Elders/Grayskull, we had 2 halves of the power sword, then we have whatever power the Sorceress held and who is going to control it (I am still unsure, if Teela needed to undergo a whole ritual to get it, why didn't Evil-Lyn do the same?) and on top of that we have the whole planetary alignment thing. I feel that last one was unnecessary. Have Lyn just tap into Grayskull at a more magical level than Adam has ever done. I mean, it is kinda ridiculous that after Skeletor trying to get into Grayskull for ages, and now succeeding, they then spend half of the show already possessing this power and then being obsessed with getting a brand new and only now revealed other MacGuffin.

And yeah even in the 200X show, several other people held the sword - Clawful, of all people, held it once! Yet I doubt if he yelled the magic words, he would have turned into He-Crab, the strongest crustacean in Eternia. :P The sword always only worked for the chosen champion.
    Last edited by BB Shockwave; January 19, 2022 at 12:58pm.

Quote Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
    hmm-yeah.jpg

And yeah even in the 200X show, several other people held the sword - Clawful, of all people, held it once! Yet I doubt if he yelled the magic words, he would have turned into He-Crab, the strongest crustacean in Eternia. :P The sword always only worked for the chosen champion.
    This is a good point that I consider a bit of an issue in Revelation. I had always assumed that the sword of power only channeled the power of Grayskull to the current holder (Adam/He-Man), who is considered "worthy", and to anyone else who managed to get their hands on it, it was just an ordinary piece of metal, unable to access its power.