Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Netflix Series

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post
    I think James Urbaniak (Doc Venture) is perfect for Skeletor.

Danny Pudi as Orko. (Aziz Ansari has a perfect voice for it but -- eh, I'm not sure he's a good fit right now.)

And I think if you could get him to play it straight (except for sarcastic lines) and commit, Joel McHale sounds similar to John Erwin to me. (Classic He-Man actually does get sarcastic a lot.)

Even if the original actors are available, I rather expect a different acting style. A bit more method (or Meisner) and less radio play. This sounds like a sequel with a different tone and style, a bit darker and more action oriented.

Smith said to expect more swordplay and Skeletor winning.
    Only two of the main original voice actors are still alive from the original show, John Erwin and Alan Oppenheimer. Linda Gary, who did nearly all the female voices, (like Teela, Sorceress, Evil-Lyn, etc) passed away in 1995 due to brain cancer. Lou Scheimer, (Orko, Trap Jaw, Randor, etc) passed away in 2013 from Parkinson's complications. If this is direct sequel to the original show as advertised, they need to bring back John and Alan, and find voice actors that come as close as possible in sound to Lou and Linda.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Pixel Dan’s interview with Kevin Smith.
    https://youtu.be/mUPxr2fhLAk

Heroic Warrior
    I hope it's good. Smith makes it sound like they are going to continue where the original left off and keep it similar and it won't be like writing his previous material. We'll see. If the Castlevania studio is doing it, I hope it will look good.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

I found it very curious at the panel that they made sure to not mention the word Filmation at any point... so I suspect that this new show is not going to be a true continuation of the original, but more of a loose sequel (kind of like what TMNT (the CGI movie from 2007) was to the original Ninja Turtles live action trilogy). After all, I doubt they'll reference She-Ra and New Adventures. But hey, what do I know?
    Check out my fangames: www.merso-x.com

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Merso View Post
    I found it very curious at the panel that they made sure to not mention the word Filmation at any point... so I suspect that this new show is not going to be a true continuation of the original, but more of a loose sequel (kind of like what TMNT (the CGI movie from 2007) was to the original Ninja Turtles live action trilogy). After all, I doubt they'll reference She-Ra and New Adventures. But hey, what do I know?
    In the Pixel Dan interview that's how Smith makes it sound that it will be a direct continuation but mentioned it might have some higher stakes and such. We'll see.

Like he says the right things, but the proof will be in the pudding.

That artwork at the panel sort of made it sound like Teela is the new protagonist.

-CM Punk

Awesome news indeed.
    Anime style cartoon can be amazing if done right. I think this is a major step in the right direction for the MOTU brand.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Widget
    The resurgence of He Man is perfect right now. He Man was always a model hero. Mainstream children’s entertiainment has been pretty devoid of an immutable male hero for some time. With the lack of heroic knights in mainstream entertainment right now, it will be good to have him back. Call me crazy, but I could see the He man narrative and figures really filling a void right now. The same way Barbie communicated to girls that a woman can be whatever she wants to be (which was counter culture at the time), I could see boys laching on to He man because he is the immutable hero type who protects those who cannot protect themselves. I think the entertainment industry has been missing that lately for the boys genre.
    Mike
    John 3:16

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    Awesome news indeed.
    Anime style cartoon can be amazing if done right. I think this is a major step in the right direction for the MOTU brand.
    We don't really know what style it will be at all. The "anime" tag could just be for marketing or cosmetic purposes.

-CM Punk

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    We don't really know what style it will be at all. The "anime" tag could just be for marketing or cosmetic purposes.
    With so little information out there. I feel that is the case. It's "anime" because the word has many connotations. Curious to see what it will actually look like.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

I wonder how much time this sequel has been in development.

Quote Originally Posted by mikehev View Post
    The resurgence of He Man is perfect right now. He Man was always a model hero. Mainstream children’s entertiainment has been pretty devoid of an immutable male hero for some time. With the lack of heroic knights in mainstream entertainment right now, it will be good to have him back. Call me crazy, but I could see the He man narrative and figures really filling a void right now. The same way Barbie communicated to girls that a woman can be whatever she wants to be (which was counter culture at the time), I could see boys laching on to He man because he is the immutable hero type who protects those who cannot protect themselves. I think the entertainment industry has been missing that lately for the boys genre.
    This. 100% this. Thank you for sharing this.
    I am the Green Goddess!
    https://amzn.to/2N420aD

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    This is terrific news! I'm really excited by this, I think it was only a matter of time a new animated show was going to come. I'm happy that it will carry on from the 1983 series and it will hopefully round out some of the characters more than the old series did.

It's interesting to note that this is the first animated show without "He-Man" in the title. Also interesting that Teela is going to play a big part - which is great! I hope we see her becoming the future Sorceress / Goddess in the series and see the snake armor make an appearance.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Mews has to play Sky High right
    In all seriousness, I'd love to see Sky High in it and other characters we've never seen in animation before like Skelecon's, Dragoman etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    With this being a continuation of the Filmation series, I hope they can get voice actors that sound close enough to the original cast. Although in a perfect world, the surviving voice actors would just be able to reprise their roles if they wanted to revisit the characters they brought to life so long ago.
    I don't think this is a direct continuation of the Filmation series. They says its a continuation of the Classic era.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I don't think this is a direct continuation of the Filmation series. They says its a continuation of the Classic era.
    But then also they remark that "what if the show had continued... this is our take"

So its hard to say what it will be, until the actual series comes out.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

This is awesome although I am not a big fan of Kevin Smith's work but I hope the cartoon is awesome.

My excitement for this show lasted about 30 seconds. I read the first paragraph and thought "yeah, this is going to be awesome."

Then I read the second paragraph and was like NOPE. False alarm. Just a Teela spin off.

Quote Originally Posted by InThe80s View Post
    My excitement for this show lasted about 30 seconds. I read the first paragraph and thought "yeah, this is going to be awesome."

Then I read the second paragraph and was like NOPE. False alarm. Just a Teela spin off.
    Maybe it's just the plot of first couple of episodes?

Watching the Pixel-Dan video, it sounds like it's a bit of a ways off and currently in development. So, not like dropping next month or anything like that.

Heroic Warrior
    A new MOTU animated series that follows the original series, but made like the new Castlevania animation style, and with Rob David involved! These are the BEST news for MOTU in decades! Fantastic also the teaser poster!

I hope it does not look like anime and castlevania, that is not motu!!!!!

I am really excited about this! I like that it continues the story of the Filmation stories, though I'd be open to them continuing the 200x stories as well. I wonder if they will also include She-Ra in some way since she is part of those stories from the 80's.
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Only two of the main original voice actors are still alive from the original show, John Erwin and Alan Oppenheimer. Linda Gary, who did nearly all the female voices, (like Teela, Sorceress, Evil-Lyn, etc) passed away in 1995 due to brain cancer. Lou Scheimer, (Orko, Trap Jaw, Randor, etc) passed away in 2013 from Parkinson's complications. If this is direct sequel to the original show as advertised, they need to bring back John and Alan, and find voice actors that come as close as possible in sound to Lou and Linda.
    I think we need to have realistic expectations here. John Erwin is in his 80s and very reclusive. His voice probably has aged along with him. Do you want an old man sounding He-Man?
    My Top Most Wanted MOTUC: The Twiggets, Sagitar, Spinwit, Spirit, Staghorn, Cringer (articulated adult form), Catra's Cat Form, Kayo, Master Sebrian, Drissi, Caz, Attak Trak, Land Shark, Spidor.

Well that was a roller coaster. First I was like ‘I knew it’! Yay! Then anime - ooh kay. Kevin Smith. * Alarm Bells* Netflix Castlevania. *Klaxons*

So, not for me probably but I’m glad for everyone else that was looking for an edgy take on MOTU.

First of all, I’m very excited about this! I’m happy that a new cartoon is coming, and I’m really excited to be able to watch this with my son.

I do wonder about the description and how it seems like it’s going to be focused on Teela. But that’s okay, as long as that’s how it’s presented.

I’m a little concerned about it being described as anime.

And this is being super nitpicky, but I do wish Masters of the Universe was in the traditional font.

All this news is so exciting. It finally feels like MOTU is coming back.
    Last edited by He-Man; August 19, 2019 at 10:25am.

So happy to see all the MOTU love. Even made it on the BBC website: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/49392859