Page 48 of 60 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1490

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Netflix Series

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    I suspect Mattel is waiting for an official reveal or teaser by Netflix's side soon , just so it can reveal the designs from the Masterverse lines and the comic book prequel series .
    Especially the comic series because it needs months to release the issues before the launch of the Netflix series.
    I agree, I can imagine they would want to unveil the Masterverse line at Toy fair in Feb.
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

I wonder how Mark Hamill is going to do Skeletor's voice. I just finished Avatar (great show, btw) and he played the main villain in that. I could easily tell it was Mark, but it did not sound like his Joker or Trickster voice either.

Since Allan Oppenheimer has a small role, and that Kevin Smith keeps saying how this is a continuation of Filmation (which really makes no sense), I think that Mark will do a version similar to the Filmation Skeletor, but more sinister. Maybe like the 200x/MYP Skeletor. I am not sure it will be as comical. Mark has great range, and I think he will do a great job.

My personal favorite Skeletor is Frank Langella, but I don't think I ever heard Kevin Smith mention that movie so I doubt that role will be emulated at all.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    I wonder how Mark Hamill is going to do Skeletor's voice. I just finished Avatar (great show, btw) and he played the main villain in that. I could easily tell it was Mark, but it did not sound like his Joker or Trickster voice either.

Since Allan Oppenheimer has a small role, and that Kevin Smith keeps saying how this is a continuation of Filmation (which really makes no sense), I think that Mark will do a version similar to the Filmation Skeletor, but more sinister. Maybe like the 200x/MYP Skeletor. I am not sure it will be as comical. Mark has great range, and I think he will do a great job.

My personal favorite Skeletor is Frank Langella, but I don't think I ever heard Kevin Smith mention that movie so I doubt that role will be emulated at all.
    Here you have it ,the sound is not great but it gives an idea

Starting min 2:47

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    Here you have it ,the sound is not great but it gives an idea

Starting min 2:47

https://youtu.be/2rAh1O-QpGI?t=167
    Great clip! Clearly Mark is not going to replicate the Filmation Skeletor's voice - he's doing his own take.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if John Erwin was ever approached by the producers?

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    I agree, I can imagine they would want to unveil the Masterverse line at Toy fair in Feb.
    Oh man, I hope so!!
    Odd Man Out

Wow, thanks for sharing that! Yes, Mark Hamill and Lena Headley and Tony Todd are all fantastic! I can't wait for this!

Seriously, I never thought we would get Mark Hamill to play Skeletor. This is crazy. He is doing his own take, I can sense a little Joker in there, maybe a little Langella? I'd love to hear what Mark Hamill thinks of Langella's Skeletor.

This thing needs to happen now!
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Great clip! Clearly Mark is not going to replicate the Filmation Skeletor's voice - he's doing his own take.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds a lot like his Skeleton King performance. Which I guess is kind of appropriate.

Huge thumbs up for Mark Hamills Skeletor. It is Exactly what I expected when I heard he got the role.

Here's hoping the cartoons are both incredible. I have no doubt about revelation but the other is too quiet.
    SMANOMEGA'S "NEWER" CUSTOM GALLERY BELOW
    http://s16.photobucket.com/user/sman...?sort=3&page=1

Queen of the evil Horde AlexisLasek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Sadly their won't be a toy fair in February. Its been delayed until May and is said to be smaller.
    Changed my blog Alexis' Treasures!/

I'm Bacccck!

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisLasek View Post
    Sadly their won't be a toy fair in February. Its been delayed until May and is said to be smaller.
    Yeah, that sucks. I'm hoping that some of these companies just do random reveals on their own websites.
    Odd Man Out

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    Yeah, that sucks. I'm hoping that some of these companies just do random reveals on their own websites.
    Why can't it just be an online event, this year?

Odd Man Out

Bang Your Head
    Great, Mark going back to the Joker well to suck it dry once again. I had a feeling he would do this, especially with Smith being involved with the project...

Quote Originally Posted by MossMan710179 View Post
    Great, Mark going back to the Joker well to suck it dry once again. I had a feeling he would do this, especially with Smith being involved with the project...
    Tbh, it sounds closer to his Ozai and Skull King voice, than his Joker voice.

Bang Your Head
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    Tbh, it sounds closer to his Ozai and Skull King voice, than his Joker voice.
    At this point in his career, it's all the same. His Joker and Hobgoblin are the same thing. You want him to change it up, it's not going to happen. He's got a safety net, and he's not going to break away from it.

This Skull/Skeleton King is nothing more than brooding Joker. It all comes down to line delivery and how he enunciates words... Or it just comes down to Kevin Smith just being a Batman/Star Wars fan boy, and just wants Mark to do his regular routine... and fan boys that will buy into anything and everything "OMG!!! Luke Skywalker is doing the Joker voice in the new He-Man cartoon!!!! This is awesome *clap, clap, clap clap clap*"...

I doubt it. He seems pretty retired at this point. Even 15 years ago when we approached him, he wasn't very enthusiastic about it.

His last credited gig was 7 seconds of Family Guy 15 years ago. And his last regular series work was 30 years ago as "Incidental Characters" on Spacecats.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I doubt it. He seems pretty retired at this point. Even 15 years ago when we approached him, he wasn't very enthusiastic about it.

His last credited gig was 7 seconds of Family Guy 15 years ago. And his last regular series work was 30 years ago as "Incidental Characters" on Spacecats.
    Yeah, he's famously reclusive among MOTU fans. I was just wondering if the producers even bothered to try this time around, out of a sense of nostalgic obligation if nothing else, knowing fully well that he would not entertain any offers.

Apparently Alan Oppenheimer was disappointed that he didn't get picked to voice Skeletor again!

Apparently Alan Oppenheimer was disappointed that he didn't get picked to voice Skeletor again!
    He needs to come to terms with the fact that he can't reproduce his Skeletor voice anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
    He needs to come to terms with the fact that he can't reproduce his Skeletor voice anymore.
    Well yeah - the last few times he did the voice he sounded noticeably aged, and at 90 I'm surprised that he thinks he should still get that part...

I am however very happy that he's part of the cast, even if it's only as Moss Man. We'll see how big of a role it is. While Moss Man was only a minor character in Filmation, his profile has definitely increased in recent years, so maybe it will be a substantial role this time around.

It would be hilarious if he used his classic Skeletor voice for Moss Man as an eff you to the producers, haha.

Heroic Warrior
    There's a few He-Man/Skeletor parody videos on YouTube, and the guy who made them has the greatest Skeletor impression you will ever hear. I honestly thought it was Alan Oppenheimer in the videos, and it took a few listens before I could tell that it was actually someone else. It really is unbelievable- he imitates Skeletor's laugh up to 99% accuracy- you can barely tell the difference, if at all. If this guy kept his videos clean and non-offensive, he would certainly be the successor to Oppenheimer as Skeletor's voice. But the problem is that the content is not at all suitable and very offensive, so this may be why this person was not recruited. I won't link anything here due to the inappropriate nature of the videos. It's a shame though, his impression is the best there has ever been. The videos are as much as a decade old however, so I have no idea where the person who made the video is now. They were made a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by tpi View Post
    There's a few He-Man/Skeletor parody videos on YouTube, and the guy who made them has the greatest Skeletor impression you will ever hear. I honestly thought it was Alan Oppenheimer in the videos, and it took a few listens before I could tell that it was actually someone else. It really is unbelievable- he imitates Skeletor's laugh up to 99% accuracy- you can barely tell the difference, if at all. If this guy kept his videos clean and non-offensive, he would certainly be the successor to Oppenheimer as Skeletor's voice. But the problem is that the content is not at all suitable and very offensive, so this may be why this person was not recruited. I won't link anything here due to the inappropriate nature of the videos. It's a shame though, his impression is the best there has ever been. The videos are as much as a decade old however, so I have no idea where the person who made the video is now. They were made a long time ago.
    I've seen many videos online with amazing Skeletor voices... (heck, even the old Honda commercials had a good VA!)

I don't mind the fact that Mark Hamill is on board, I was just surprised that they recruited him for a voice that can be done by so many others for much cheaper.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

I can't wait for more updates about the two new MOTU shows!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

I'm really looking forward to watching the fan base grow and following all the statistics once this and CGI He-Man and the Masters of the Universe drop on Netflix later this year. Blood of Zeus racked up approximately 50,000 followers on the TV Time tracking app at the one month mark. Curious to see how MOTU does.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Master of New Adventures!
    "You know, Stallion, it's too bad we gotta get old..."

Apollo Creed to Rocky Balboa, ROCKY III

Quote Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post

And the source of that is...?
    Brings doom to MOTUC with cel accuracy.