Page 49 of 61 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1518

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Netflix Series

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I'm really looking forward to watching the fan base grow and following all the statistics once this and CGI He-Man and the Masters of the Universe drop on Netflix later this year. Blood of Zeus racked up approximately 50,000 followers on the TV Time tracking app at the one month mark. Curious to see how MOTU does.
    In this ever-evolving digital era, a MOTU Renaissance would be most welcome!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

I'm really looking forward to watching the fan base grow and following all the statistics once this and CGI He-Man and the Masters of the Universe drop on Netflix later this year. Blood of Zeus racked up approximately 50,000 followers on the TV Time tracking app at the one month mark. Curious to see how MOTU does.
    It will inevitably attract attention but I suspect it's gonna be something bigger this time .

It's the relauch of a big franchise that caused an impact on pop culture , Netflix is invloved (at its peak of popularity) ,a big name like Kevin Smith as showrunner ,the voice-cast is impresive , the people from castlevania make the animation ,Mattel, apparently the composer is a big name ,so there's a lot of components to think the series will be a really success.

Court Magician
    I sure hope it's well recieved. I am sick and tired of always being in backwater obscure fandoms that have left their heyday and that I can hardly rave about with anyone. This one isn't that bad, but it's super difficult to for me to find fangroups for it that fit my vibe, or affordable merch in my area.

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    It will inevitably attract attention but I suspect it's gonna be something bigger this time .

It's the relauch of a big franchise that caused an impact on pop culture , Netflix is invloved (at its peak of popularity) ,a big name like Kevin Smith as showrunner ,the voice-cast is impresive , the people from castlevania make the animation ,Mattel, apparently the composer is a big name ,so there's a lot of components to think the series will be a really success.
    The key element is that Mattel didn't go the cheap route with respect to re-launching this iconic franchise - they're willing to invest heavily to attract top talent across the board. They're confident in MOTU, which gives me hope.

Since his appointment in 2018 the CEO of Mattel has really made a difference. I think coming from an entertainment background has a lot to do with it. He clearly saw the potential in MOTU straight away. This was evidenced by the fact that he couldn't stop mentioning MOTU in the early days. And now look at all this MOTU goodness we have, with much more still to come. It’s amazing what a change in leadership can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Since his appointment in 2018 the CEO of Mattel has really made a difference. I think coming from an entertainment background has a lot to do with it. He clearly saw the potential in MOTU straight away. This was evidenced by the fact that he couldn't stop mentioning MOTU in the early days. And now look at all this MOTU goodness we have, with much more still to come. It’s amazing what a change in leadership can do.
    The difference really is stunning. For many years the company treated MOTU, an in-house IP, like a lost cause, and getting them to produce anything related to the property was like pulling teeth. Imagine the support Scott would have gotten for Classics had the current CEO been around then? It's kind of depressing to think about, even though hope for a Classics resurrection springs eternal.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    The difference really is stunning. For many years the company treated MOTU, an in-house IP, like a lost cause, and getting them to produce anything related to the property was like pulling teeth. Imagine the support Scott would have gotten for Classics had the current CEO been around then? It's kind of depressing to think about, even though hope for a Classics resurrection springs eternal.
    Even though it isn't an in-house property, it would be awesome if Warner Bros. granted Mattel full reign to give ThunderCats the same treatment... (and then stood behind a new Netflix show.. that ISN'T TC Roar.)

Mark Hamill tweeted yesterday that he's still recording for Revelation.

The New Netflix TV Shows That Fans Are Most Hype for in 2021

As 2021 continues to unfurl, our excitement levels for upcoming new original series continues to level up. Next Friday will see the release of Disney+’s WandaVision and the TV schedule only grows more crowded from there. Among the litany of original programming providers, Netflix stands a cut above the rest in terms of pure volume. Even in the midst of a pandemic, the streaming service was releasing upwards of 50 originals per month last year. With so much content being funneled directly in front of your eyeballs, navigating Netflix’s endless library can become a bit overwhelming.

Rather than drown in that crashing sea of content, you can cherry pick a handful of upcoming new series to earmark for potential binges. On that front, we turn to TV Time to unearth the most anticipated Netflix shows of 2021 among U.S. users. TV Time is a multi-platform, virtual TV tracking community of millions of users that use the app to track and react to the cable, broadcast, and OTT show they’re watching.

1. Shadow and Bone
    2. Fate: The Winx Saga
    3. Resident Evil
    4. The Sandman
    5. Vikings: Valhalla
    6. Firefly Lane
    7. Cowboy Bebop
    8. Masters of the Universe: Revelation
    9. The Cuphead Show
    10. Midnight Mass

The clear trend running through the list is a reliance on source material and pre-existing intellectual property tie to the science fiction and fantasy genres. This gels with how audience preferences played out throughout 2020. Genre content has far surpassed the allure of standard dramas.

Resident Evil and The Cuphead Show are both based on hit video games. That should come as no surprise given the increasing emphasis being placed on video game IP within Hollywood. The Sandman and Cowboy Bebop are based on a popular comic book and anime series, respectively. Shadow and Bone and Firefly Lane are both based on books of the same name. Masters of the Universe: Revelations is a sequel to the 1980s cartoon series while Fate: The Winx Saga is based on the animated series Winx Club. Midnight Mass, from Haunting of Hill House creator Mike Flanagan, appears to be the only original concept not based on prior titles.

https://observer.com/2021/01/netflix...t-anticipated/
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Court Magician
    Tbh, I haven't heard of any but two of these shows and only know half of these properties. The only reason I heard of the Winx show is because it's already across my social media due to looking like it'll be a hot mess. Regardless, I'm glad to see revelation getting attention! Here's hoping it goes well.

I absolutely love the Winx Club so I am looking forward to the new series as well as the two MOTU series!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

The New Netflix TV Shows That Fans Are Most Hype for in 2021

1. Shadow and Bone
    2. Fate: The Winx Saga
    3. Resident Evil
    4. The Sandman
    5. Vikings: Valhalla
    6. Firefly Lane
    7. Cowboy Bebop
    8. Masters of the Universe: Revelation
    9. The Cuphead Show
    10. Midnight Mass
    This is a strong list!

I'm pretty excited for many of these!

Other than MOTU of course, I can't wait for Cowboy Bebop.

Since this is being branded as a continuation of Filmation, there are several aspects that I really hope will not be replicated:

- Having one actor voice countless different characters. Lou Scheimer was brutal for that, and he wasn't very good at it.

- Reusing (and repeating endlessly) the same half dozen stock animation models and movements. There's no way that will fly in a modern cartoon.

- Making all the villains bumbling idiots.

- Not allowing He-Man to hurt any evil doers.

- Showing He-Man performing completely outlandish feats of strength effortlessly (pushing a moon out of Eternia's orbit while standing on a Wind Raider in space anyone???)

Since this is being branded as a continuation of Filmation, there are several aspects that I really hope will not be replicated:

- Having one actor voice countless different characters. Lou Scheimer was brutal for that, and he wasn't very good at it.

- Reusing (and repeating endlessly) the same half dozen stock animation models and movements. There's no way that will fly in a modern cartoon.

- Making all the villains bumbling idiots.

- Not allowing He-Man to hurt any evil doers.

- Showing He-Man performing completely outlandish feats of strength effortlessly (pushing a moon out of Eternia's orbit while standing on a Wind Raider in space anyone???)

At the very least, we know that the top two items will not be the case already. The voice cast has already been revealed and I believe every main character has their own voice actor/actress. Secondly, animation studios today just simply do not follow the same tactics that Filmation did on the 80s and before. Filmation did that because of budgetary constraints and wanting to keep their work in the United States. No animation is using stock sequences these days. Thirdly, I think the fact that Kevin Smith said that this series would be a continuation of Filmation is taken way too literally. It's going to be a modern series that is not trying to reinvent MOTU, just updating it to today's standards. It is not a literal continuation of the Filmation series.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    At the very least, we know that the top two items will not be the case already. The voice cast has already been revealed and I believe every main character has their own voice actor/actress. Secondly, animation studios today just simply do not follow the same tactics that Filmation did on the 80s and before. Filmation did that because of budgetary constraints and wanting to keep their work in the United States. No animation is using stock sequences these days. Thirdly, I think the fact that Kevin Smith said that this series would be a continuation of Filmation is taken way too literally. It's going to be a modern series that is not trying to reinvent MOTU, just updating it to today's standards. It is not a literal continuation of the Filmation series.
    Eh that depends a lot on the nature of the shows. Eg stuff like Precure and SSSS Gridman do use stock sequences for the transformations (and finishing attack in Precures case), although they don't recycle stuff much outside of that.

That being said I think the MoTU reboot will be much more likely to have a stock transformation sequence (although not stock animation in general), than Revelations will.
    Last edited by A Dalek; January 15, 2021 at 03:33pm.

He-Man historian
    Since this is being branded as a continuation of Filmation...
    It's already confirmed that the series will have characters like Scare Glow and He-Ro (Powers of Grayskull).
    So as others have pointed out, the word-on-the-street about it being direct continuation from Filmation isn't quite the case. But rather the 80s MOTU when you think about it.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Hoping for our first look within a couple of months. Word is, the Masterverse line comes out in the summer, and the first wave will be devoted to Revelation. So a summer release for the toon makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    It's already confirmed that the series will have characters like Scare Glow and He-Ro (Powers of Grayskull).
    So as others have pointed out, the word-on-the-street about it being direct continuation from Filmation isn't quite the case. But rather the 80s MOTU when you think about it.
    That's great, because all those characters released late in the vintage line were never seen in the cartoon.

I really hope we finally get an animated Teela in the cobra armor.
    Danielsan52

Most wanted Classics figures:
    Stretch Neck, Vypor, Sharella, Secret Liquid of Life Teela, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Princess Rana, Golden Rod/Aramesh, RoboWoman, Prince Dakon, Shezar, NA Sorceress, Ultimate Goddess, Lt. Andra

Heroic Warrior
    so i wonder when will get a trailer?

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootRULES View Post
    Netflix usually posts trailers close to the release date, so not anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootRULES View Post
    Masterverse is the tie-in, right? If so, I would wager July/Aug would be the release to coincide with the physical character releases.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

It does seem as though Revelation will release sometime in the summer, as that is when the Masterverse line comes out. I'm guessing the CG series will release later in the year.

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    It does seem as though Revelation will release sometime in the summer, as that is when the Masterverse line comes out. I'm guessing the CG series will release later in the year.
    I hope Mastersverse figures have better distribution at retail than DC's Multiverse figures. Poor scalpers and collectors keep buggin me daily at Target and I never have anything to offer them.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.