Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 584

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Netflix Series

  1. #101
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In support of Joe Amato & the Meteorbs
    Posts
    29,675
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post

    This is being produced through "Mattel Television." Could they have yanked the She-ra rights from Dreamworks trying to get everything in house?
    Thus far, all signs are pointing to She-Ra and the Princesses of Power continuing. Late last year in Animation Magazine, Noelle stated that the series was designed as 4 arcs of 13 episodes. Shortly thereafter, some of the crew confirmed the 52 episode count, which is a pretty baseline order for an animated DreamWorks/Netflix series. There are other indications as well.

    For example, last month at San Diego Comic-Con, Her Universe founder and actor Ashley Eckstein announced that she will be voicing a character on an upcoming season of She-Ra. In a recent video interview, Ashley reflected on having an enjoyable experience recording for the series, with DreamWorks and her looking to continue the partnership in some capacity. That's how the She-Ra theme for this year's SDCC Her Universe Fashion Show came to be. Ashley's character didn't appear in Season 3. So, we can deduce that her part is coming some time beyond episode 26. This is the case with Brooklyn Nine-Nine star Melissa Fumero as well. Awhile back, she mentioned in an interview that she voiced a character in one upcoming episode of She-Ra. There are also other rumored voice actors who are thought to be part of upcoming episodes.

    It's not surprising that Mattel Television is producing Masters of the Universe: Revelation. Knowing what we know about Mattel's history, the intentions behind forming "Playground Productions" in 2013 (which was later rolled into "Mattel Creations") etc., as well as what we've heard from folks at Mattel like Rob David and Robbie Brenner., it makes sense that they would be producing a MOTU series.
    Last edited by Tallstar; August 19, 2019 at 11:23am.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

  2. #102
    waiting for Geldor Toymaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Valley of Osgoor
    Posts
    6,103
    Excited by this, always good to get a new MOTU series. Wonder if this will affect the possibility of He-Man showing up in SRATPOP though?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tweet Me!

    I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

  3. #103
    Heroic Warrior Wakko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    2,871
    Quote Originally Posted by jastiles View Post
    I think we need to have realistic expectations here. John Erwin is in his 80s and very reclusive. His voice probably has aged along with him. Do you want an old man sounding He-Man?
    Ditto Alan Oppenheimer. While he can still "do" Skeletor, his voice has obviously aged. I think it's unrealistic to have any of the original voice actors return in their original roles. Giving them cameos as other characters would be cool, though (i.e., Erwin as King Miro, if, as jastiles said, Erwin was willing to come out of seclusion).
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

  4. #104
    Court Magician Skeletor's Lackey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    43
    I am beyond excited to know that this is happening. I hope it comes out epic. If they can combine the storytelling of the MYP series and the visuals of Filmation, I would be a happy camper. It sounds like Teela might find out Adam and He-Man are the same person, too.

    I do hope She-Ra's storyline can be used as it is a big part of the overall universe. Not the one from that awful current show, but the Filmation part. Or at least the Hordak stuff, since he was originally part of the He-Man toyline. But, either way, I am excited.

  5. #105
    Heroic Warrior Asher Tye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    933
    "Little known She-Ra Spin-Off He-Man and The Masters of the Universe to receive reboot on Netflix."
    ...

    I don't think Gizmodo knows the relationship between these two shows.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

  6. #106
    Heroic Warrior Durendal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    Ditto Alan Oppenheimer. While he can still "do" Skeletor, his voice has obviously aged. I think it's unrealistic to have any of the original voice actors return in their original roles. Giving them cameos as other characters would be cool, though (i.e., Erwin as King Miro, if, as jastiles said, Erwin was willing to come out of seclusion).
    I agree. As iconic as Alan's voice was for Skeletor (as well as several other major characters on the vintage show), he's almost 90 years old now. Having him voice Skeletor again at this point would be a mistake, but it would be awesome to get him for a different character on this new show.

  7. #107
    Court Magician Skeletor's Lackey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    "Little known She-Ra Spin-Off He-Man and The Masters of the Universe to receive reboot on Netflix."
    ...

    I don't think Gizmodo knows the relationship between these two shows.
    Wow. I think he said it that way on purpose as an insult. What's worse is the comments with all the She-Ra fans going nuts about how it won't be as good as She-Ra

  8. #108
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In support of Joe Amato & the Meteorbs
    Posts
    29,675
    You can watch the panel here:

    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/4690831...hNTpoudcgPSj70

    23:50 might be a good spot to start for the MOTU: Revelations stuff. It's hard to hear some parts.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

  9. #109
    Lord of Darkkbricks Darkkosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SF, CA
    Posts
    1,635
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    We don't really know what style it will be at all. The "anime" tag could just be for marketing or cosmetic purposes.
    Castlevania was a reference, so I'm assuming the art and the direction are gonna be somehow similar. Of course things could change a lot from now until we see the first trailer!
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

  10. #110
    Master of Physics VZX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,375
    I am excited. I was hesitant when I first read the "anime" part, but I remember that the MYP 200x show was also labeled as anime, so I am cool with it. The Castlevania show is ok, but not that great. But I do not mind the animation style, it is anime-esque, but not that much I think.

    I just hope the designs are more like the Origins figures and less like Filmation, which would make sense. For example, I'm hoping for the red squares on He-Man's harness, Skeletor's feet having the demon toes, Man-at-arms with only arm and leg armor on the left side, etc.

    As for Battle Cat talking, I guess I'll take it, as long as he does not talk that much.

    Kevin Smith seems to know his MotU, as he made a comment about Gwildor on his Instagram post to Justin Long. And he spelled "Grayskull" with an "a" as opposed to an "e." I just hope he is not too slavish to the Filmation show.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

  11. #111
    Heroic Warrior davelove81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    a champagne supernova in the sky
    Posts
    173
    I was this close to cancelling Netflix too, but dark crystal and this have me very excited. I'm going to think of it a Teela series that has he man in it, just to manage my own expectations. Between this, masters of the multiverse, origins, and the movie (plus the minis but maybe thats just me) it's an amazing time to be a motu fan!

    Sent from my KOB-L09 using Tapatalk

  12. #112
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    1,189
    Quote Originally Posted by davelove81 View Post
    I was this close to cancelling Netflix too, but dark crystal and this have me very excited. I'm going to think of it a Teela series that has he man in it, just to manage my own expectations. Between this, masters of the multiverse, origins, and the movie (plus the minis but maybe thats just me) it's an amazing time to be a motu fan!

    Sent from my KOB-L09 using Tapatalk
    I agree man it will be awesome having a new He-Man cartoon on Netflix and the Origins toys in the shops.

  13. #113
    THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    1,797
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    So that is why Kevin Smith was there. Now we have He-Man and She-Ra on Netflix! Great times indeed!
    It would be great if both series were parts of the same continuity, rather than two totally separate things as though He-Man and She-Ra had nothing to do with each other.

    It seems this news finally gives us the answer to the question of why He-Man was off-limits to Noelle Stevenson: Mattel had sold those rights to a competitor.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

  14. #114
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    869
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Thus far, all signs are pointing to She-Ra and the Princesses of Power continuing. Late last year in Animation Magazine, Noelle stated that the series was designed as 4 arcs of 13 episodes. Shortly thereafter, some of the crew confirmed the 52 episode count, which is a pretty baseline order for an animated DreamWorks/Netflix series. There are other indications as well.

    For example, last month at San Diego Comic-Con, Her Universe founder and actor Ashley Eckstein announced that she will be voicing a character on an upcoming season of She-Ra. In a recent video interview, Ashley reflected on having an enjoyable experience recording for the series, with DreamWorks and her looking to continue the partnership in some capacity. That's how the She-Ra theme for this year's SDCC Her Universe Fashion Show came to be. Ashley's character didn't appear in Season 3. So, we can deduce that her part is coming some time beyond episode 26. This is the case with Brooklyn Nine-Nine star Melissa Fumero as well. Awhile back, she mentioned in an interview that she voiced a character in one upcoming episode of She-Ra. There are also other rumored voice actors who are thought to be part of upcoming episodes.

    It's not surprising that Mattel Television is producing Masters of the Universe: Revelation. Knowing what we know about Mattel's history, the intentions behind forming "Playground Productions" in 2013 (which was later rolled into "Mattel Creations") etc., as well as what we've heard from folks at Mattel like Rob David and Robbie Brenner., it makes sense that they would be producing a MOTU series.
    So it sounds like DreamWorks TV worked out a licensing deal with Mattel for She-Ra and that licensing deal is still ongoing/still in effect.

    cTwz1q3.jpg

    So I guess Teela is the main character?
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

    -CM Punk

  15. #115
    Heroic Warrior Asher Tye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    933
    Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    It would be great if both series were parts of the same continuity, rather than two totally separate things as though He-Man and She-Ra had nothing to do with each other.

    It seems this news finally gives us the answer to the question of why He-Man was off-limits to Noelle Stevenson: Mattel had sold those rights to a competitor.
    Which seems an amazingly dumb thing to do given how much synergy they have.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

  16. #116
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    869
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    Which seems an amazingly dumb thing to do given how much synergy they have.
    It's not like Mattel was doing anything with She-Ra anyway. Not to mention, it seems that Mattel's record with producing its own projects is fairly spotty.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

    -CM Punk

  17. #117
    THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    1,797
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    So it sounds like DreamWorks TV worked out a licensing deal with Mattel for She-Ra and that licensing deal is still ongoing/still in effect.
    DreamWorks has already produced a 52-episode She-Ra reboot series for Netflix and that's it. Noelle and her team have already finished this assignment, which they had been working on for at least the last two or three years, and by now they have already moved on to their next projects (leaving aside the promotion of their series as it finally gets commercially released).

    This was stated months ago (around February or March or so) by a member of the animation team who posted (I think it was on his Twitter account) that they were putting the finishing strokes on the fourth, last season (that was before Netflix commercial management decided to split up the release of the second 13-episode story arc into two separate so-called "season" commercial releases), and that he was getting ready to start on his new project soon.

    That is, DreamWorks She-Ra has been produced in full already and the next and last 26 episodes of it are simply gathering dust in Netflix's vault now. There has been no sign that there will be a extension of the series beyond those already-produced 52 episodes, because the story centered on She-Ra that Noelle wrote is contained in those four 13-episode story arcs and there is no room to expand the story into its natural spinoffs with He-Man, Preternia, etc. because Mattel only granted her permission to do the She-Ra side of things, while the He-Man side of things, as we have just been revealed, was being licensed to a totally different and separate creative and production team.
    Last edited by uaxuctum; August 19, 2019 at 03:33pm.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

  18. #118
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    21,912
    Quote Originally Posted by DGSimo View Post
    Studio behind the Castlevania series will be responsible. Man, this is some hype news!
    That's the exciting part!!!!!! I love the Castlevania show!

    I wish the marketing had been a little better with they way that second paragraph is worded. Some people are reacting and thinking that this is going to be "The Teela Show".
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; August 19, 2019 at 05:05pm.

    The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

    Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

  19. #119
    Heroic Warrior Durendal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,446
    As far as the soundtrack, since the show will be a continuation of Filmation, it would be fantastic if they would re-use some of the main themes in an updated manner. I've always wanted to hear orchestral versions of the Filmation melodies, so this would be a good opportunity to do something along those lines.

  20. #120
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,021
    The Castlevania cartoon is fantastic imho. I think it's safe to say the He-Man show won't be quite as violent, but hopefully it will be edgier than the Filmation show. I want competent villians and Skeletor to be a truly serious, villainous antagonist. It would be nice if they got rid of the secret identity too, like the DC Comics stories and new She-Ra show did. I think that opens more storytelling opportunities and raises the stakes as everyone can see other for who they truly are.

  21. #121
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In support of Joe Amato & the Meteorbs
    Posts
    29,675
    In January one of the background painters on the She-Ra series said that the crew would be moving onto other projects later in the year (I believe April and May is when some of them started posting about their last day on She-Ra), but I get the feeling that there's still a "skeleton crew" to put the finishing touches on episodes. Noelle was talking about mixing an episode about a week or so before Season 3 dropped on Netflix. One of the directors commented that she couldn't wait to see the finalized episode. So, they're probably pretty much done, but not "done done." ha!
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

  22. #122
    Heroic Warrior Grimbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Serbia
    Posts
    2,248
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Kevin said it would be faithful to the original show and not blow things up like some shows based on past IPs do, but have things in it like sword fights and Skeletor having more success. I was able to get a photo with him and an autograph.
    So what's with the poster then? Why the use of different designs?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Master Jokubas View Post
    I'll admit I haven't actually seen the Castlevania series, but I've been sent clips of it. I did not like how it was animated (I couldn't put my finger on it, but it really drove me nuts) and the brand of humor in those clips felt entirely out of place..
    There are really odd quality issues. Bits are well done, others are oddly timed (the thrown spinning sword should not look choppy in motion) and some stuff looks bizarrely unfinished.


    The unfinished looking animation at: 2:08 and 2:13. Barely any inbetween frames. Those bits are just a step away from this unfinished mess:


    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    But then also they remark that "what if the show had continued... this is our take"

    So its hard to say what it will be, until the actual series comes out.
    I really wish they'd be honest and crystal clear.
    Deceiving fans just isn't going to end well. This isn't the first time MOTU is getting a reboot. We can take it if this is another one. Just don't set us up for a major disappointment.

    Quote Originally Posted by InThe80s View Post
    My excitement for this show lasted about 30 seconds. I read the first paragraph and thought "yeah, this is going to be awesome."

    Then I read the second paragraph and was like NOPE. False alarm. Just a Teela spin off.
    Just makes me shake my head. The original show is all about team work. No character should overshadow anyone.
    And I've a nasty feeling they'll be using the premise to label any negative reaction as sexism...

    On a side note, don't we already have enough stories where power sword gets lost?
    Last edited by Grimbot; August 19, 2019 at 05:56pm.
    Brings doom to MOTUC with cel accuracy.

  23. #123
    THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    1,797
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    As far as the soundtrack, since the show will be a continuation of Filmation, it would be fantastic if they would re-use some of the main themes in an updated manner. I've always wanted to hear orchestral versions of the Filmation melodies, so this would be a good opportunity to do something along those lines.
    It seems highly unlikely. They would need to get permission from rival DreamWorks, who owns the Filmation catalog, and pay royalties to Haim Sabam, plus it appears several important tracks are missing their master tapes.

    It also seems highly unlikely that Sunna Wehrmeijer, the best composer MotU has ever been blessed with, will be in a project that basically rivals with Noelle's.

    So I'm basically expecting the soundtrack for this Revelation series to be mediocre at best, especially in comparison with Sunna's incredibly superb work for the She-Ra reboot.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

  24. #124
    Heroic Warrior Mick.Jeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Newark, Ohio
    Posts
    213
    The power sword appears to be very close to the original, love that. That was my biggest issue w/ the 200x series. The power sword does not need any moving parts.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  25. #125
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    869
    Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    DreamWorks has already produced a 52-episode She-Ra reboot series for Netflix and that's it. Noelle and her team have already finished this assignment, which they had been working on for at least the last two or three years, and by now they have already moved on to their next projects (leaving aside the promotion of their series as it finally gets commercially released).

    This was stated months ago (around February or March or so) by a member of the animation team who posted (I think it was on his Twitter account) that they were putting the finishing strokes on the fourth, last season (that was before Netflix commercial management decided to split up the release of the second 13-episode story arc into two separate so-called "season" commercial releases), and that he was getting ready to start on his new project soon.

    That is, DreamWorks She-Ra has been produced in full already and the next and last 26 episodes of it are simply gathering dust in Netflix's vault now. There has been no sign that there will be a extension of the series beyond those already-produced 52 episodes, because the story centered on She-Ra that Noelle wrote is contained in those four 13-episode story arcs and there is no room to expand the story into its natural spinoffs with He-Man, Preternia, etc. because Mattel only granted her permission to do the She-Ra side of things, while the He-Man side of things, as we have just been revealed, was being licensed to a totally different and separate creative and production team.
    SO what you're saying is that Princesses of Power is completed and the licensing deal has ultimately expired? I'm not sure point you are trying to make.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbot View Post
    So what's with the poster then? Why the use of different designs?

    - - - Updated - - -



    There are really odd quality issues. Bits are well done, others are oddly timed (the thrown spinning sword should not look choppy in motion) and some stuff looks bizarrely unfinished.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlN2an0QCAw

    The unfinished looking animation at: 2:08 and 2:13. Barely any inbetween frames. Those bits are just a step away from this unfinished mess:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wAVpcvIrQM



    I really wish they'd be honest and crystal clear.
    Deceiving fans just isn't going to end well. This isn't the first time MOTU is getting a reboot. We can take it if this is another one. Just don't set us up for a major disappointment.



    Just makes me shake my head. The original show is all about team work. No character should overshadow anyone.
    And I've a nasty feeling they'll be using the premise to label any negative reaction as sexism...

    On a side note, don't we already have enough stories where power sword gets lost?
    Sorry, those two videos there's no comparison in terms of quality. Maybe there's a couple spotty bits there but it's nowhere near as bad as what was happening in that Japanese series clip.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

    -CM Punk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •