Page 67 of 76 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 1898

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Netflix Series

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I liked the early mini-comics, when there was no Adam. He-Man was He-Man. The scope of Eternia was significantly smaller, where He-Man operated around the area of Castle Grayskull, the palace, his home and some towns and villages. He-Man would help people in need, but still found time to relax. In most canons, The Prince Adam version of He-Man is active globally, if not universally. Although he's way less isolated than mini-comic He-Man, I don't think people constantly contact the palace or Grayskull for He-Man around the clock, since Adam could relax too.

Question though. Is He-Man truly a powered up Adam (imagine yourself with Class 100 strength and a high resistance to injury) or does Adam actually become someone else, where he could lose himself in another persona? Why wouldn't you want to be powered up all the time? His enemies could never catch him when he's in a weaker state, his father would respect him as the best heir he could possibly have, his love interest wouldn't be disappointed, there would be no wasting time running off to hide and secretly change, etc.
    Because "power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely". And to be fair to that notion, the Prince Adam version of He-Man is often portrayed as being WAY more powerful than the "wandering barbarian" version of He-Man from the earliest stories ever was, so the idea that he'd eventually become corrupted by said power if he never shut it off is a lot more plausible. Barbarian He-Man was mostly just a Big Strong Dude, but Adam He-Man was literally a super-hero. The idea that he could eventually become overwhelmed and corrupted by his power makes a lot more sense in one version than it does the other. I don't think the He-Man of the earliest mini-comics would have too much to worry about, on account of he really wasn't all that super-powered. Adam He-Man regularly flipped over mountains and knocked moons out of place and stuff; if That Guy ever went bad, there'd be serious consequences for all.

And it's always been pretty clear that he's still "Adam" when he's "He-Man". He still always refers to himself as Adam in his head and to those who know the secret. He-Man is definitely not a separate and distinct independent entity from Adam.

In the DC comics, the Sorceress referred to the He-Man persona as Adam's "Warrior Form". I liked that. It made sense. Very much a Clark Kent/Superman "Clark is who I am, 'Superman' is what I can do" kind of thing.

As mentioned earlier, the DC run pretty much answered your questions. At one point Adam literally switched to He-Man full-time for exactly the reasons you mentioned, until Sorceress showed him the future and how it turned out losing touch with his humanity and becoming obsessed with power was going to literally end the entire universe if he stayed on the path he was on. What made him worthy of the Power of Grayskull in the first place was his wisdom and compassion, things he would lose touch with over time if he'd abandoned his more "human" side and just chosen to be all-powerful all the time. He needed to remain humble and grounded in order to prevent that dark future, which wouldn't have been possible if he spent every waking moment as an immortal demigod. Nobody's ultimately that good and decent.

So those aren't bad questions to ask, but in at least one canon they were addressed pretty satisfactorily.

On a less-serious note, in Filmation canon it's probably just because Adam is a huge fan of taking naps and he couldn't get away with that stuff if everyone knew he was He-Man.
    Last edited by Rikki Roxx; May 15, 2021 at 06:56am.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Heroic Warrior
    Why the chick's got huge ass bi-ceps? Orko looks ridiculous. I'm already not feeling this like I'm not feeling the masterverse figs or origins. As for motu, I'll stick to mondo, mega and the retro hot wheels. Outside of that I'll stick with black series trilogy and super 7 ultimates lines. In a way it feels good not being offered things I'd like lol. I can save money and hopefully inch my way out this racket.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Once again, you can make a woman jacked and still look feminine.

ae4d098550c40064775390ade874ab05.jpg

It’s the face, specifically the chin in that one photo, and that ******* haircut. Couple that with being next to a race lifted character and all the alarm bells go off for people remembering that stupid rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynaman View Post

It’s the face, specifically the chin in that one photo, and that ******* haircut. Couple that with being next to a race lifted character and all the alarm bells go off for people remembering that stupid rumor.
    that looks like a child's head on an adult body.
    cogito ergo doleo

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    Because "power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely". And to be fair to that notion, the Prince Adam version of He-Man is often portrayed as being WAY more powerful than the "wandering barbarian" version of He-Man from the earliest stories ever was, so the idea that he'd eventually become corrupted by said power if he never shut it off is a lot more plausible. Barbarian He-Man was mostly just a Big Strong Dude, but Adam He-Man was literally a super-hero. The idea that he could eventually become overwhelmed and corrupted by his power makes a lot more sense in one version than it does the other. I don't think the He-Man of the earliest mini-comics would have too much to worry about, on account of he really wasn't all that super-powered. Adam He-Man regularly flipped over mountains and knocked moons out of place and stuff; if That Guy ever went bad, there'd be serious consequences for all.

And it's always been pretty clear that he's still "Adam" when he's "He-Man". He still always refers to himself as Adam in his head and to those who know the secret. He-Man is definitely not a separate and distinct independent entity from Adam.

In the DC comics, the Sorceress referred to the He-Man persona as Adam's "Warrior Form". I liked that. It made sense. Very much a Clark Kent/Superman "Clark is who I am, 'Superman' is what I can do" kind of thing.

As mentioned earlier, the DC run pretty much answered your questions. At one point Adam literally switched to He-Man full-time for exactly the reasons you mentioned, until Sorceress showed him the future and how it turned out losing touch with his humanity and becoming obsessed with power was going to literally end the entire universe if he stayed on the path he was on. What made him worthy of the Power of Grayskull in the first place was his wisdom and compassion, things he would lose touch with over time if he'd abandoned his more "human" side and just chosen to be all-powerful all the time. He needed to remain humble and grounded in order to prevent that dark future, which wouldn't have been possible if he spent every waking moment as an immortal demigod. Nobody's ultimately that good and decent.

So those aren't bad questions to ask, but in at least one canon they were addressed pretty satisfactorily.

On a less-serious note, in Filmation canon it's probably just because Adam is a huge fan of taking naps and he couldn't get away with that stuff if everyone knew he was He-Man.
    While I get the idea, I think it only really works in a setting were He-Man is so far above everyone else that no one else can even come clos to him. Power is relative after all.

One could say that was the case for Filmation He-Man who was the height of the invincible hero trope. But even most other versions of the character (03 series, DC comics ect) tend to be more grounded and fallible in terms of their abilities and had plenty of beings who could match them.

I would argue the big question is why does this cosmic power that's supposed to be universal in scale only really seems to translate into super strength, when it should be a hell of a lot more than that.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    While I get the idea, I think it only really works in a setting were He-Man is so far above everyone else that no one else can even come clos to him. Power is relative after all.

One could say that was the case for Filmation He-Man who was the height of the invincible hero trope. But even most other versions of the character (03 series, DC comics ect) tend to be more grounded and fallible in terms of their abilities and had plenty of beings who could match them.

I would argue the big question is why does this cosmic power that's supposed to be universal in scale only really seems to translate into super strength, when it should be a hell of a lot more than that.
    In the 200X comic by Val and Emilliano, He-Man is musing on this question with Man-E-Faces. He is wondering why dos he only manifest strength, instead of wisdom as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Getting back to Revelations...

I wonder if Revelations will mention if She-Ra freed Etheria from Hordak or King Hsss (who didn't show up in Filmation but might have in between the series)? If not, I guess there's Season Two...

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Heroic Warrior
    I wonder if Revelations will mention if She-Ra freed Etheria from Hordak or King Hsss (who didn't show up in Filmation but might have in between the series)? If not, I guess there's Season Two...
    Addressing that Hordak exists and Adam has a twin sister that Randor and Marlena lost to him, and even having him attack Eternia like various 1985-7 comics, would go a LONG way toward making me a fan of this.

Quote Originally Posted by MCX-Eternia View Post
    Addressing that Hordak exists and Adam has a twin sister that Randor and Marlena lost to him, and even having him attack Eternia like various 1985-7 comics, would go a LONG way toward making me a fan of this.
    well this is a direct sequel to the filmation cartoons so you should be set.
    cogito ergo doleo

Quote Originally Posted by Dynaman View Post

Are we starting again with that stuff that got part of this thread deleted?

A woman can be well built or even muscular and still be a woman. The idol of a lot of people who post here, Gina Carano, is proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    A woman can be well built or even muscular and still be a woman. The idol of a lot of people who post here, Gina Carano, is proof.
    Why do people keep bringing up Gina Carano? She is a terrible example, even at her peak in MMA she wasn't jacked.

The Teela and Evil-Lyn updates are two of the reasons I'm even more excited for this show. As captain of the guard, it stands to reason that Teela would carry a more muscular frame...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Looking forward to the Netflix Era<<

My wife has taken to calling Roboto... Roberto (think Waterboy lol) now im doing the same, its stuck.

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    I Showed my younger sister the pics.
    They said they want to emancipate the females there.

Masters of the Universe: Revelation REVELATIONS! FMB LIVE 5/15/2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LKdTu9p2jI

Kevin defended the She-Ra and the Princesses of Power series. (29:20) That part was transcribed by the Masters of the Universe: Revelation FB group here.
    Last edited by Tallstar; May 16, 2021 at 09:44am.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

He-Man historian
    In the 200X comic by Val and Emilliano, He-Man is musing on this question with Man-E-Faces. He is wondering why dos he only manifest strength, instead of wisdom as well.
    And especially he talked about it with Man-At-Arms in Vol1 Issue2 as they were going to see the Sorceress (with Orko), and He-Man even starts mentioning about not having Elder's wisdom..
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    And especially he talked about it with Man-At-Arms in Vol1 Issue2 as they were going to see the Sorceress (with Orko), and He-Man even starts mentioning about not having Elder's wisdom..
    Kevin Smith lied from the conservative looks of the women.I will actually be surprised Adam will be a major protagonist in the story.
    Looks like they are pulling a John Connor from the recent Dark Fate movie.My only hope is that the franchise won’t be ruined like The Dark Fate.
    As orko would say Yikes!
    Last edited by Baba1983; May 16, 2021 at 01:44pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    I think the best way to explain it would be to say that He-Man isn't actualy directly utilising the power or controlling, so much as he is essentially using it as a battery/fuel.

I think was said somewhere that He-Man has exactly the amount of strength he needs to accomplish what he's trying to do at the moment, but no more. Which I could guess one could interpreted as the power itself purposely only giving him what he needs.

This thread is starting to get back into the rabbit hole that led to a lot of deleted posts the last time. If you don't like something about the show, please be constructive in the criticism rather than insulting. Please be respectful towards each other and talk about the show and not each other. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    I think was said somewhere that He-Man has exactly the amount of strength he needs to accomplish what he's trying to do at the moment, but no more. Which I could guess one could interpreted as the power itself purposely only giving him what he needs.
    That's a theory I've kicked around before. If you watch the old cartoons He-Man often struggles at first but ends up throwing castles, mountains or moons with no problem.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 6/12/2021

I know my expectations have been sky high since this series was revealed, all because they said it is a Filmation continuation.

So far, from the toys and the still shots, I'm feeling a little bit apprehensive towards this series. Some designs look like good toy/Filmation updates. Other designs look like they'd be better suited for the 200x series.

I just hope that when we get a trailer it puts my doubts at ease and that the tone of the series feels like Filmation. Otherwise, I wish they had just said, this is its own thing.

If this disappoints, at least we'll have the Faking Filmation documentary.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Lizorr, T-Rex, Great Black Wizard, rest of New Adventures, MOP Demons, Dream Mistress.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Ileena, Twiggets, Dragoon, Widgets, Dark Dream, Lady Valtira, Count Marzo, Chimera.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Y'know... New Adventures was a direct continuation of Filmation as well.

It took all of the lore, prior experiences and relationships from the established Filmation stories... yet, looked nothing like the toon we were raised with.

Revelation is in the same boat, which is fine with me... I'm loving these designs so far.

And, on the topic of New Adventures, Revelation must take place between the last known events of Filmation and the very beginning of the Jetlag series. I wonder if the Tri-Solar System will be mentioned at any point?
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Looking forward to the Netflix Era<<

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Y'know... New Adventures was a direct continuation of Filmation as well.

It took all of the lore, prior experiences and relationships from the established Filmation stories... yet, looked nothing like the toon we were raised with.

Revelation is in the same boat, which is fine with me... I'm loving these designs so far.

And, on the topic of New Adventures, Revelation must take place between the last known events of Filmation and the very beginning of the Jetlag series. I wonder if the Tri-Solar System will be mentioned at any point?
    Probably just pretending New Adventures doesn't exist.

There were also a few discrepancies between Filmation and New Adventures. That was by no means a smooth and seamless "continuation". Again, simply "close enough if you squint".

And if the events of Revelation leave any room for New Adventures to be canon with it, I'll eat a hat. I have a strong feeling that this is gonna be a "wrap up the 80s continuity with a bow and wave goodbye to it" sort of thing. That's just what my gut says. We shall see. But if Teela, He-Man, Sorceress or Skeletor die, for example, then it can't be canon with NA. If Teela becomes the Sorceress, or marries Adam/He-Man, then it can't be canon with NA. Many things can happen that will make it not fit with NA.

I mean, we'll see what happens. I just highly doubt that the people working on Revelation put even 1% thought into making it fit with New Adventures.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

We get to tell stories of abuse.
    how that deception rots at the core.
    are going to be very different than they will be at the end
    It's not just He-Man that has something special inside him, but every character and every viewer. We all have the power."

Ummm Okay . That sounds rather disturbing . Those are amazing pictures of He Man and Skeletor . Teela is that you ? Oh how wonderful I see Netossa has joined the gang .
    Last edited by Lokus; May 17, 2021 at 06:50am.