Page 75 of 290 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 7238

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Netflix Series

Incredible. Hope the show is as good as the trailer…the animation and character designs look fantastic!
    Thanks for a wonderful Power-Con!

Heroic Warrior
    That looks brilliant. I love the choice of song. I also like the look of the transformation, with the bluey translucent look. Pumped.

After thinking about it there is no way they have the latter half of the season animated. The Stridor He-Man is probably Faker. That'll be how Skeletor takes Sorceress out, I guess. Most of the scenes are probably from the first episode.

Quote Originally Posted by MCX-Eternia View Post
    Sleeveless Orko looks powerful.
    The sleeves were holding him back this whole time

The trailer is incredible. So far so good. Please cartoon god, let this series as a whole be great, MOTU deserves it.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos88 View Post
    After thinking about it there is no way they have the latter half of the season animated. The Stridor He-Man is probably Faker. That'll be how Skeletor takes Sorceress out, I guess. Most of the scenes are probably from the first episode.
    I'm pretty sure they do, but I think they just aren't showing much footage post timeskip due to wanting it to be like. Mysterious. And that it's kinda spoiler-y if you haven't already pried through every single tidbit of information.

Anyways, I'm hyped, but also terrified at how that clip with Orko is edited. Is he gonna pull a Gandalf "you shall not pass" and die???? If he does I'm gonna cry inconsolably. Like it's 50/50 that he either does something epic or dies in a heroic sacrifice in that scene, I'm calling it now.

I'm impressed! Went from being excited about new media to being extremely excited to see this
    "A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him."

Court Magician
    I gotta say...that looks pretty sweet.

And again, my bar is pretty low after Thundercats Roar, but this looks fantastic.

The animation looks amazing. The song choice was a bold one. I'm guessing the show will not feature 80's pop, but who knows.

In Stereo Where Available Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    That was MUCH better than I was expecting!

And while the Filmation transformation sequence is still my all time favorite on-screen version out of any ever done (including NA and the variations from 200X), this is easily a very close second!

While I am used to the Iron Cross on the chest harness, if they are going to go with an H symbol, I'm glad that they went this route where it's the traditional harness with the an H similar to the symbol on the battle armor. They should have done something like that for 200X instead of the "stylized H" that look more like an asterisk half the time.

If the show ends up being even half as good as this trailer, I'm sold!

Court Magician
    Loved the trailer, thought the characters looked great and one thing I did notice is the variety of characters in there which is promising as that's something I really wanted to see in this, some of the rarer characters utilised which it looks like they're going to do.

Over 10 episodes there's a lot of room for this without over saturating it and being able to give the character the much needed development it may need, so it looks great!

I think I'm the only one though who didn't like the choice of song haha, I suppose it fits in with the show originally being from the 80's but I just wasn't keen on that personally, but it's nothing.

Also, I thought Mer Man looked a little weird but maybe that was the angle as it was so fast, other than that I it was awesome and I'm really looking forward to it!!!

Last edited by The 90'z Rules; June 10, 2021 at 02:56pm.

That was awesome! It was jaw dropping good!

Looking very forward to seeing this. Kevin Smith did us fans right!
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread

Heroic Warrior
    Can't wait to see Stinkor.

In Stereo Where Available Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Interesting that the Skelcons are in there.

Since the figures, size wise, seem to be roughly compatible with MOTUC, and since a Skelcon as an army builder never came out (only the one with the Roton vehicle), it would be cool if that figure comes out with this line.

Not that I personally am the biggest fan of them (nothing against them, but I wasn't familiar with them growing up, so I have no real nostalgia for them), but nice for those who are huge fans of them. And I still might get a couple of them depending on how the figure (should they make one) turn out.

Wow, what an amazing, thrilling trailer! I simply cannot wait to see this! I am totally hyped up again for this series
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Heroic Warrior KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar
    Looks quality for sure. The Bonnie Tyler song was a clever link to the 80's.

I'm wondering what it means that this series is a direct sequel to the original series. The original being episodic, there wasn't really a place where the characters left off to pick up from (The Cold Zone was such a strange final episode, anyhow). I just don't understand what the continuation language is meant to indicate.

This looks much more like a more colorful 200x sort of thing to me. That isn't bad at all...I just don't see the connection to the original other than this isn't a start the story from scratch reboot. The '80's pop tune seems to be the only link to 40 years ago.

This isn't a complaint. I think I'd prefer something different than what I'm seeing but I'm not bothered at all. If there is quality stuff out there that fans like and can get excited about, I'm really happy.

Any ideas on how this is a sequel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"

Honestly, I'm...kind of blown away...

That was so good. That was absolutely everything I want from MOTU. I have zero nits to pick.

Quote Originally Posted by The 90'z Rules View Post
    I think I'm the only one though who didn't like the choice of song haha, I suppose it fits in with the show originally being from the 80's but I just wasn't keen on that personally, but it's nothing.
    https://i.ibb.co/ypRB3Sp/Mer-Man-He-...iler-small.jpg
    That was my first thought too. But as i was reading through hundreds of comments on the youtube trailer, almost everyone was loving the song choice. I think it was a great decision to get non he-man fans into it. Almost everyone is loving the trailer, on Youtube at least. And that feels good - that other people are liking it.

And now the prices of everything on Ebay are going to double...

Heroic Warrior
    Is that skeleton wielding the shaping staff?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by KingRandorFacepalm View Post

I'm wondering what it means that this series is a direct sequel to the original series. The original being episodic, there wasn't really a place where the characters left off to pick up from (The Cold Zone was such a strange final episode, anyhow). I just don't understand what the continuation language is meant to indicate.

This looks much more like a more colorful 200x sort of thing to me. That isn't bad at all...I just don't see the connection to the original other than this isn't a start the story from scratch reboot. The '80's pop tune seems to be the only link to 40 years ago.

This isn't a complaint. I think I'd prefer something different than what I'm seeing but I'm not bothered at all. If there is quality stuff out there that fans like and can get excited about, I'm really happy.

Even from day one I was very doubtful this would actually be a direct sequel to the Filmation toon. More realistically, I would say this will be more of a loose sequel to not only the Filmation series, but 80s MOTU in general.

Heroic Warrior
    Loved it! And we get to see Clamp-Champ animated!

My thoughts are that they are just picking things up from where things were in the 80's. Things will look the same, mostly. Relationships will be in the same place, (example He-Man and Teela are where they left off), the Sorceress is still in the Castle, no one has died or aged or switched sides. That's what I'm thinking. Adam is still just a prince, not King.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Interesting that the Skelcons are in there.

Since the figures, size wise, seem to be roughly compatible with MOTUC, and since a Skelcon as an army builder never came out (only the one with the Roton vehicle), it would be cool if that figure comes out with this line.

Not that I personally am the biggest fan of them (nothing against them, but I wasn't familiar with them growing up, so I have no real nostalgia for them), but nice for those who are huge fans of them. And I still might get a couple of them depending on how the figure (should they make one) turn out.
    I'm assuming they're the new hover-bots, the one enemy He-man could smash and destroy. I'm guessing they'll be magic based creations so feel free to blast them, slice, n dice them.

Heroic Warrior
    I haven't mentioned it but the last couple months I've started to go back on this.

But after just now stumbling onto the trailer.

****** ALMIGHTY! THAT LOOKS MEGA ****ING EPIC!!!!!

(yes. I was yelling. I meant to. Yes. I was cursing. I meant to. Will NOT apologize for either.)

I like the song. It kind of fits but it makes what we see hokey and campy.

Does this make me want to go sign up for Netflix? Nope.

My theory:

The first episode(including much of what we're seeing in these clips) will be the past. We'll fast forward to a future with Skeletor somehow having won and Teela searching for He-man (or at least leading a rebellion) who was somehow lost.