Page 82 of 300 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 7499

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Netflix Series

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    Since He-Ro is in the show I am guessing we'll learn more Grayskull's secrets. And do we know if Zodac is in the show? He's generally an enigmatic character, so he could be used to spill some secrets of the lore as well.
    No hint of Zodac. We have the cast list from 2019, Eternia Minis leaked Fisto, Whiplash and Faker, and the trailer revealed Clamp Champ and Clawful.
    I mean, if they're doing Ileena, a one-episode Filmation character the fandom didn't care about, and also Scare Glow and Clamp Champ from the post-Filmation action figures, anything's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverToad View Post
    Simple as this: If "Woke" is done genuinely, it will most likely be good. It is when it's done specifically to reel in people that things get dicey. It remains to be seen, but it seems so far there's heart in this show, which is a good sign.
    Why can’t we keep politics out of the series? Filmation did.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Of all the updated designs in the trailer, I think I like Beast Man's the least...

I absolutely hated the 200X version (huge, hunchback, tiny head, under-bite with ogre teeth...), and the Revelation version seems to be inspired by the MYP show...

I prefer the normal-sized villain with a slight hunch...

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-T4EiaTq5p.../beast-man.bmp

...instead of this guy.

https://i0.wp.com/codigoespagueti.co...ality=80&ssl=1
    I like the larger Beast Man with a larger upper torso and longer arms. He's an ape-like brute.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

A "wokeness" discussion can be saved for a Tar Swamp thread. Not in this thread. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    Mer-man to me really looks most like his original action figure. Especially the way they did his mouth.
    I do like the Revelation Mer-Man design!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    Given the show is called Revelation, I wonder what will be revealed? It seems to me that the sure bets are that He-Man is really Adam and that Teela's mother is the Sorceress. Since He-Ro is in the show I am guessing we'll learn more Grayskull's secrets. And do we know if Zodac is in the show? He's generally an enigmatic character, so he could be used to spill some secrets of the lore as well.
    What if it turns out that the revelation is that Adam was never meant to possess the Power Sword and it rightfully belongs to Teela?

(Boy, that would turn some people off...)

But, in all likelihood, it will be the revelation that Adam is He-Man.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Heroic Warrior
    There are a LOT of secrets that could be revealed. The question is, which ones are Kevin Smith and his team aware of?

FILMATION:
    At 15, Teela-Na when she made the momentous choice to become Sorceress of Grayskull, saving Eternia from Morgoth and the Horde at the cost of not being able to walk around outside the castle. ("Origin of the Sorceress")
    Unlikely to be brought up because of the Horde?
    Who was Teela's biological father? ("Teela's Quest")
    The reasons for hiding her parentage from Teela and ordering Adam to maintain a secret identity.
    Why Orko was in on the secret (addressed in the 200X pilot).
    Him continuing to live on Eternia after regaining access to his home dimension Trolla, where he has an uncle and fiancee. Why is Eternia more important to him? How would it affect Trolla if Skeletor won?
    The nature of Whiplash, who served both a horned red devil named Kraal and Skeletor, whom he helped save from the Lovecraftian demon Sh'Gora. ("Betrayal of Stratos", "To Save Skeletor")
    Skeletor having been apprentice to a space alien warlord.
    This is the big one, the one that blows up the setting's scope and cuts to the heart of Masters of the Universe. Was Skeletor Eternian royalty who sold his planet out to an interstellar empire? If they mention the Keldor origin, will it be a revelation or something the good guys knew all along like 200X?

LATE VINTAGE:
    Snake Mountain belonged to the Snake Men millennia ago, and they're magically sealed away in a pool under it.
    Very unlikely. Another whole faction, and one with no emotional connection to the main characters.
    Before Castle Grayskull was built, there were three towers of mystical power that were sunk underground. Hordak helped build Central Tower.
    Who is Scare Glow?

200X
    Why does the Power Sword do what it does? ("The Power of Grayskull")

Watched the trailer a few more times. Can’t get enough of it, it’s such a piece of art, and gets me pumped each time!

What's more, is that most of the reactions are positive!

On many social media platforms, people seem to be legitimately excited for this MOTU resurgence!

And the best part is that we, the old guard, can finally show the younger crowds just how awesome and impactful MOTU has been for us.
    I feel the same. I get emotional seeing MOTU finally getting some love and respect in the main stream. I wonder how Lou Scheimer would feel. It would have been nice if he got a little of the Stan Lee treatment because I feel that he was a huge part of why that show was so wonderful. I never knew him but he seemed to be a sweet, sincere man with honorable intentions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    For me, I never quite forgave them for the brief tease they gave us of her actually figuring out Adam was He-Man and then they walked back on it seconds later by having her buy an excuse.

I liked her much better in the MYP comics at the time, especially that scene where she told Adam she wanted to play games in the castle with him just like when they were kids, and got all envious when he looked after Evil-Lyn. Vulnerable moments like that that show she really cared for the Adam side of the identity.
    Hmmm, I never read those comics. My comment was squarely on the show. She didn't really have much personality to me.

It would have been cool to see that childhood part of their relationship.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MCX-Eternia View Post
    No hint of Zodac. We have the cast list from 2019, Eternia Minis leaked Fisto, Whiplash and Faker, and the trailer revealed Clamp Champ and Clawful.
    I mean, if they're doing Ileena, a one-episode Filmation character the fandom didn't care about, and also Scare Glow and Clamp Champ from the post-Filmation action figures, anything's possible.
    Good point!

- - - Updated - - -

What if it turns out that the revelation is that Adam was never meant to possess the Power Sword and it rightfully belongs to Teela?

(Boy, that would turn some people off...)

But, in all likelihood, it will be the revelation that Adam is He-Man.
    Woah that would be crazy, but if told well I could buy it! That reminds me in Harry Potter that if Voldermort had chosen differently, Neville Longbottom could have been the boy of destiny instead of Harry Potter. Sybill Trelawney's prophecy fits both of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MCX-Eternia View Post
    There are a LOT of secrets that could be revealed. The question is, which ones are Kevin Smith and his team aware of?

FILMATION:
    At 15, Teela-Na when she made the momentous choice to become Sorceress of Grayskull, saving Eternia from Morgoth and the Horde at the cost of not being able to walk around outside the castle. ("Origin of the Sorceress")
    Unlikely to be brought up because of the Horde?
    Who was Teela's biological father? ("Teela's Quest")
    The reasons for hiding her parentage from Teela and ordering Adam to maintain a secret identity.
    Why Orko was in on the secret (addressed in the 200X pilot).
    Him continuing to live on Eternia after regaining access to his home dimension Trolla, where he has an uncle and fiancee. Why is Eternia more important to him? How would it affect Trolla if Skeletor won?
    The nature of Whiplash, who served both a horned red devil named Kraal and Skeletor, whom he helped save from the Lovecraftian demon Sh'Gora. ("Betrayal of Stratos", "To Save Skeletor")
    Skeletor having been apprentice to a space alien warlord.
    This is the big one, the one that blows up the setting's scope and cuts to the heart of Masters of the Universe. Was Skeletor Eternian royalty who sold his planet out to an interstellar empire? If they mention the Keldor origin, will it be a revelation or something the good guys knew all along like 200X?

LATE VINTAGE:
    Snake Mountain belonged to the Snake Men millennia ago, and they're magically sealed away in a pool under it.
    Very unlikely. Another whole faction, and one with no emotional connection to the main characters.
    Before Castle Grayskull was built, there were three towers of mystical power that were sunk underground. Hordak helped build Central Tower.
    Who is Scare Glow?

200X
    Why does the Power Sword do what it does? ("The Power of Grayskull")
    All good secrets! With 10 episodes of story, hopefully a lot of them will be addressed. I imagine the Horde and Snake-Men could come into play if there are more seasons.

Heroic Warrior
    Actually Bruce Lee did weed in the 60s then later those pot cakes , he was doing fine until '73 when the pressure became too much even for him (filming Enter , Chow possibly cheating him out of money - he claimed Way was a flop and had 2 accounting books for that movie)

Even Cesar Romero did weed back then , Walken and Raul Julia used to take acid

Anyway I hope this toon is okay
    Last edited by Wonder Bread He-Man; June 11, 2021 at 10:44pm.
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    He's fighting Scare Glow in that scene
    Still impressive. Usually Orko doesn't get to be any more powerful than Copperfield. It was annoying how they always hinted at Orko's natural talent but never seemed to let him get past screwing up. As if a comical character can't pull off some great stunts.
    Last edited by Asher Tye; June 11, 2021 at 10:53pm.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

I'm not gonna stand here and let you throw shade at David Copperfield, sir.

Dude made the Statue of Liberty disappear, AND more impressive than that, nailed Claudia Schiffer back when that meant something.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Heroic Warrior
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts0xe7y9Vqg

They're good enough for me

(What was the name of the girl in MotU '83 who took drugs , she kinda looked like Schiffer)

Orko smorko , when will we see animated Gwildor , love the little rascal
    Last edited by Wonder Bread He-Man; June 11, 2021 at 11:15pm.
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

Heroic Warrior
    From what I remember, Spikor didn't appear in the 200x series.

And now again, there's no sign of him.

Please tell me that Spikor is in this new series?

Quote Originally Posted by tpi View Post
    From what I remember, Spikor didn't appear in the 200x series.

And now again, there's no sign of him.

Please tell me that Spikor is in this new series?
    I’ve seen preorder pages for “Masterverse Revelations Spikor” online so...maybe? I have also seen listings that say “Masterverse Revelations Spikor Classic” so...possibly?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    I’ve seen preorder pages for “Masterverse Revelations Spikor” online so...maybe? I have also seen listings that say “Masterverse Revelations Spikor Classic” so...possibly?
    phew! that's good to know... Spikor is one of my favourites

Quote Originally Posted by tpi View Post
    phew! that's good to know... Spikor is one of my favourites
    Same. It seems like we are getting a lot of our favorite characters in the new show!

Btw, the preorders I saw were scheduled for an October release so Spikor might be in the 2nd wave which I think will still be Revelations themed.

It's really impressive how many characters they managed to sneak into that teaser. So far, the only core characters from vintage that we haven't seen or read will be included are:

Evil Warriors:

Webstor
    Jitsu
    Kobra Khan
    Two Bad
    Blade
    Saurod
    Spikor
    Ninjor
    Twistoid
    Blast Attak (though I think he was retconned to be one of the Snake Men)

Heroic Warriors:

Man-E-Faces
    Sy-Klone
    Snout Spout
    Zodac/k
    Buzz Off
    Extendar
    Gwildor
    Mekaneck
    Rio Blast
    Rotar

I hope we wind up seeing a good chunk of these characters show up in this series. Imagine how badass someone like Rio Blast would be in this animation style? He would bring the heat, and he's never appeared in any of the shows.

Heroic Warrior
    So, for those who caught Smith's pitch for the show on the Geeked Week twitter, he hinted at Mattel possibly doing a second series based on the Revelation universe if things go well for it, but was debating whether he would be involved with it.

If you missed it, here it is

https://twitter.com/NetflixGeeked/st...57011837149184

I like how he compares Teela to Lois Lane. Makes me think they'll definitely have some Adam/Teela 'teasing in mind

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    2.6 Million views on that Teaser!

This is going to be BIG. Some people still doubt that He-Man isn't a cultural icon, it blows my mind. He-Man was the biggest super hero going in the 80s. We have been waiting 30+ years for this return.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the He-Man we know.

Yeah, but according to The Internet everyone was stupid back then and nothing "good" ever existed until Buffy came out. Turns out we were all just blindly swallowing trash our whole lives before then and we were just too dumb to know it! Who knew?!

I'm so glad the esteemed writers for such upstanding literary establishments as Cracked.com, Nerdist and the like are here to set us all straight and give us those doses of hard truth. How else would we know that we didn't really like those things we liked as kids; we were brainwashed! He-Man, Ghostbusters, Thundercats, G.I. Joe... all trash! Just trash to sell us toys! And we fell for it! WOW!

I mean, I always THOUGHT I actually liked that stuff... and that others did, too. But it turns out, we didn't! It was all some sort of mass-hypnosis!

It must be true; someone much younger (and therefore automatically smarter) than me typed a whole Buzzfeed listicle about it, and in exchange for their labors they got paid a whole lot more than I ever will. So HOW could they ever be WRONG?
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Quote Originally Posted by InThe80s View Post
    2.6 Million views on that Teaser!

This is going to be BIG. Some people still doubt that He-Man isn't a cultural icon, it blows my mind. He-Man was the biggest super hero going in the 80s. We have been waiting 30+ years for this return.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the He-Man we know.

https://i.imgur.com/x61yqbF.jpg
    He-Man vs. Bayonetta

We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    Mer-man to me really looks most like his original action figure. Especially the way they did his mouth.
    Yeah, I've warmed to it, I think it was when I first saw it with how fast it was it just looked a bit square and blocky with lack of detail like the other characters but as I've seen it a few times and better now I've really warmed to it. I don't know, I think I expected it to be more detailed if you get what I mean when I first saw it, does that make sense lol

But no, I genuinely have really warmed to it now and once I see him more in the show it'll be the same

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah same, as above

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    It's really impressive how many characters they managed to sneak into that teaser. So far, the only core characters from vintage that we haven't seen or read will be included are:

Evil Warriors:

Webstor
    Jitsu
    Kobra Khan
    Two Bad
    Blade
    Saurod
    Spikor
    Ninjor
    Twistoid
    Blast Attak (though I think he was retconned to be one of the Snake Men)

Heroic Warriors:

Man-E-Faces
    Sy-Klone
    Snout Spout
    Zodac/k
    Buzz Off
    Extendar
    Gwildor
    Mekaneck
    Rio Blast
    Rotar

I hope we wind up seeing a good chunk of these characters show up in this series. Imagine how badass someone like Rio Blast would be in this animation style? He would bring the heat, and he's never appeared in any of the shows.

Yeah I hope so too, this is what I love with these shows when they utilise the characters and we see them all, of course we want them to be there for a reason not just because but with a 10 part series there's room to give the characters some time as well as some character development around them, even if it's just brief.

Webstor, Two Bad, Spikor, Kobra Khan would look awesome in this series and Man-E-Faces, Sy Klone, Buzz Off, Mekanek and maybe Snout Spout, Zodac and Extender also would be great from that list

Just thought I'd chime in to say I thought this trailer was brilliant.
    Always nice to hear a bit of Bonnie Tyler on a Saturday morning.

From everything I've read and seen so far, I have very high expectations for this series.
    And July 23rd is not that far away!