Page 83 of 297 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 7406

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Netflix Series

Bang Your Head
    Quote Originally Posted by MCX-Eternia View Post
    Skeletor looks so badass losing his hood as he walks through "blaster" magic.
    Thatís Scare Glow...

Quote Originally Posted by MossMan710179 View Post
    That’s Scare Glow...
    Speaking of...

Are we not going to talk about Tony Todd, aka CANDYMAN!!! voicing Scare Glow?

excite intensifies!!!!

intro-1561998986.jpg

Heroic Warrior Grayskull Guardsman's Avatar
    I know Scareglow doesn't have much media presence, but was there ever any history of him being a spellcaster/magic user outside of his glowing bones gimmick? He looked like he was laying on some magic hard clashing with Orko.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull Guardsman View Post
    I know Scareglow doesn't have much media presence, but was there ever any history of him being a spellcaster/magic user outside of his glowing bones gimmick? He looked like he was laying on some magic hard clashing with Orko.
    He had a Fear aura like a Dungeons & Dragons lich in "The Search for Keldor" mini-comic he was packed with and his one newspaper comic storyline, "Ninjor Stalks by Night". No real spell casting until now. His Classics figure's atrociously-bad bio would lean toward him not being a magic user since he was just a bounty hunter in life.
    I REALLY hope the Revelation writers came up with a different story for him.

Saw the trailer - loved the trailer. Really impressed to see so many vehicles that we have not seen in a show before. The Landshark made me gasp when it appeared. I think Tri-Klops looked particularly amazing, but loving the looks of Beastman and Mer-man too. Nice to see Teela finally looks like she could wield that sword too, really feels like a warrior goddess now.

Only thing I will need to take some time to get used to is Skeletor's laugh.

Great stuff!
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Heroic Warrior
    A former BOOM comic book writer was on YT's Thinking Critical channel yesterday and he claims to have seen voice-actor scripts that verify everything Clownfish has claimed, and describes the writers as 'sus' (supsect)

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post

It must be true; someone much younger (and therefore automatically smarter) than me typed a whole Buzzfeed listicle about it, and in exchange for their labors they got paid a whole lot more than I ever will. So HOW could they ever be WRONG?
    Actually it was probably written by some intern sharing a tiny apartment with six other 24-year-olds.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    A former BOOM comic book writer was on YT's Thinking Critical channel yesterday and he claims to have seen voice-actor scripts that verify everything Clownfish has claimed, and describes the writers as 'sus' (supsect)
    What did he write? Was he the same insider that told Clownfish this?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynaman View Post
    What did he write?
    Darkwing Duck

Was he the same insider that told Clownfish this?
    Not sure

Here's the video

Quote Originally Posted by MoltoMiller View Post
    Speaking of...

Are we not going to talk about Tony Todd, aka CANDYMAN!!! voicing Scare Glow?

excite intensifies!!!!

intro-1561998986.jpg
    Love him everywhere, he voiced as Dragon Knight in Dota 2 and in Half Life Alyx.

Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

Heroic Warrior
    So Kevin Smith and Mattel lied…to be Current Year.

It’s be a waste of goodwill and money if true, but why would everyone repeatedly deny it?

Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    Love him everywhere, he voiced as Dragon Knight in Dota 2 and in Half Life Alyx.
    Did not know that. Will have to go back and check that out (haven't played Alyx yet). He doesn't have a ton of range, from what I've seen, but what he does do he does AMAZINGLY well, imho. I actually just watched Hatchet for the first time last week. He was pretty much the best thing about that movie.

Oh and Henry Rollins as Tri-Klops. I'm just imagining him going off on a profanity laden tirade against Teela. Regardless, he'll hopefully bring some intensity and mild insanity into the show. Some great voice actors are on this project and hopefully we'll see more as they release more info on the show. Can't wait!!!

(pls don't suck!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Dynaman View Post
    What did he write? Was he the same insider that told Clownfish this?
    Can you guys, please, sumarize what this channel has said? Tried to see their last video.Tried...

Couldn't stand their voices and attitudes.
    https://twitter.com/felipeboreli

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by ek79 View Post
    Can you guys, please, sumarize what this channel has said? Tried to see their last video.Tried...

Couldn't stand their voices and attitudes.
    The BOOM writer on Thinking Critical essentially confirms what Clownfish were told a year ago because he's been privy to scripts. Teela's more or less the whole focus.

Heroic Warrior AntiEternia He-Man's Avatar
    To tell a good story you often need a 2nd act where everything is bleak. He-Man is gone and these are some pretty dark times. Then Rocky/He-Man gets some inspiration from Mickey/Teela to get in there and do what needs to be done. So things are bad and Teela says “saddle up, we’ve gotta get the sword back because we’re doomed without He-Man.” That sounds just fine to me. It’s an arc, a journey. The best part about Superman 2 with Christopher Reeve was when he comes back at the end (after getting his butt kicked by the dude in the diner after he gave up his powers) and gets payback. And in the scenes before that when the newspapers start fluttering in the stand as he’s flying through Metropolis and then comes to the Daily Planet window and asks Zod if he would care to step outside. Fantastic moment. That’s the kind of stuff I expect from this show. Plus from another angle He-man has been largely absent to the masses for a very long time. The show is an interesting way to say we missed He-Man and now he’s back. Don’t take him for granted. I don’t know. Just rambling.

Screen Shot 2021-06-12 at 18.14.49.png

I can’t show you what doesn’t exist. Hope you can still enjoy the story we *actually* tell in our
    @MastersOfficial series, only on @netflix July 23rd!
    (P.S. - I was raised Christian too, and I don’t think Jesus would appreciate your Tweet. Or your spelling. Or the Havok Staff.)
    https://twitter.com/ThatKevinSmith/s...760045061?s=20
    https://twitter.com/felipeboreli

Haha, that's pretty funny. Jesus probably wouldn't be a fan of the Havoc Staff. I've never bought the rumor of Teela "being a better He-Man than He-Man" once she gets the sword, so it's good to see him shoot that down.
    Last edited by Stratos88; June 12, 2021 at 05:35pm.

Master of New Adventures!
    A/k/a: studio execs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    Actually it was probably written by some intern sharing a tiny apartment with six other 24-year-olds.

I don't buy the rumours.

Anyway I don't really take any talk about agendas seriously, most stories have some form of moral or message, to them, were a moral ends and an agenda begins, is a pretty damn blurry line, if there's even a line between them at all.

And for most people the diference between an agenda and a moral/message, is if they like or agree with it?

In regards to He-Man being out of play for most the middle section of the story. I can certainly see why from a dramatic stand point. Filmation He-Man was borderline infallible and this version is clearly modeled on the FIlmations version, it's hard to have tension when there are so few situations that can actualy challenge the hero.

The solution is to either depict the hero as more fallible and beatable or write them out for a chunk of the story. With Kevin Smith seemingly going for the latter. Which works for a Filmation esqe take on the character.

That being said, I hope the upcoming reboot, goes with the former approach.
    Last edited by A Dalek; June 13, 2021 at 09:40am.

Why does anyone care what some person (or people) on YouTube are raving on about? Just wait a month, watch the show for yourself, and decide whether you love it, hate it, are lukewarm to it, or what have you. I don't get a lot of these videos that people slap in these kinds of threads. Like, what is the point of them?
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    That being said, I hope the upcoming reboot, goes with the former approach.
    I think you'll see that for sure. With the whole "We have the power!" thing, teamwork is probably going to be a big component so He-Man won't outpower any other hero necessarily.

It's good to see Kevin commenting on this stuff. It's easing a LOT of my worries about the show. The fact that the synopsis only covers the first part alone is reassuring.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Why does anyone care what some person (or people) on YouTube are raving on about? Just wait a month, watch the show for yourself, and decide whether you love it, hate it, are lukewarm to it, or what have you. I don't get a lot of these videos that people slap in these kinds of threads. Like, what is the point of them?
    I can't speak for others, but I care about MotU so that's why I'm concerned about how this series is being handled. After what happened with the new Star Wars trilogy I'm very wary of Hollywood touching franchises I enjoy.

As for the videos themselves, outrage gets clicks. That's it.

Heroic Warrior
    I think this is why when I posted this on another forum, I didnít mention She-Ra once. I mentioned the lunch boxes.

Itís a lot of worry to get clicks.

Just saw the trailer

That’s the best damn trailer for anything I have ever seen. I kid you not. The music and choreography are in sync and in meter with each other. You can count in 4/4 time and on beat one, there’s always a choreographed, visual “lick”. As the trailer intensifies, every beat in the measure is accompanied by a visual lick AND sound effect. Freaking incredible. The music choice is an upbeat modernization of an 80s classic... Freaking incredible, folks!

Sorceress ROCKS! Teela ROCKS! Even Orko ROCKS!

Over 3 million views in two days on YouTube. I’m going to be about 125 of those, lol!

If the cartoon ends up stinking, at least I’ll have this trailer!

Just saw the trailer!

Cross Post:

Thatís the best damn trailer for anything I have ever seen. I kid you not. The music and choreography are in sync and in meter with each other. You can count in 4/4 time and on beat one, thereís always a choreographed, visual ďlickĒ. As the trailer intensifies, every beat in the measure is accompanied by a visual lick AND sound effect. Freaking incredible. The music choice is an upbeat modernization of an 80s classic... Freaking incredible, folks!

Sorceress ROCKS! Teela ROCKS! Even Orko ROCKS!

Over 3 million views in two days on YouTube. Iím going to be about 125 of those, lol!

If the cartoon ends up stinking, at least Iíll have this trailer!