Page 87 of 290 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 7238

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Netflix Series

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by AntiEternia He-Man View Post
    Thatís the one thing they forgot to include.

Heroic Warrior
    any catch this tweet from Kevin Smith?
    Attached Images Attached Images

In Stereo Where Available Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    Hallmark movies have a story?
    Actually, yes. Literally a story. Hallmark came up with one story idea one time, and has made a ridiculous number of Christmas movies using slight variations of it.

Heroic Warrior
    Episode 1 - Teela finds out He-Man's secret identity (Superman 2)
    Episode 3 - Skeletor origin story? (Batman)
    Episode 4 - Debut of Scare Glow (Hellraiser)
    Episode 5 - Skeletor turns into Skelegod (MOTU 87 movie)

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, Skeletor turning into Skelegod is likely the 87 movie connection. Although, Earth could also have something to do with it.

Heroic Warrior
    Someone drives a pink Cadillac?

Nah, Skelegod.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Yeah, Skeletor turning into Skelegod is likely the 87 movie connection. Although, Earth could also have something to do with it.
    I love the '87 movie for what it was, but- hoo-boy!- could you imagine if the story takes our heroes... to Earth. Again
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Iím passing no judgement as of yet. I get all my info about upcoming motu stuff from here. Iím just looking forward to seeing what revelation has in store. Just excited to have a he-man cartoon on my tv again. Iíll either love it hate or just like it. Until it airs Iím not speculating on its content

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    any catch this tweet from Kevin Smith?
    Interesting...I'll take my guesses

Episode 1: Superman II = Teela finds out Adam is He-Man ala Lois finding out Clark is Superman in that movie. (Smith has already made this connection). She will also probably find out that The Sorceress is her Mom and that Man-At-Arms and Orko knew everything beforehand.

Episode 2: Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom = A Skeletor (possibly Hordak or King Hiss) cult that brain washes Eternians that makes them drink the blood of their unholy master?

Episode 3: Batman 89 = He-Man and Skeletor's origins and/or fates are revealed to be intertwined somehow.

Episode 4: Hellraiser = Hmmmm. People are guessing Scareglow's inclusion. This might also be the episode where He-Man/Adam is freed from whatever captivity Skeletor has him in?

Episode 5: Masters of the Universe 87 = Skelegod incoming. Think they'll have Mark Hamill recite Frank Langella's entire speech?

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I love the '87 movie for what it was, but- hoo-boy!- could you imagine if the story takes our heroes... to Earth. Again
    I doubt it. They only went to Earth in the 87 movie because of the low budget. Animation removes the need to do that. Maybe Marlena goes back home for some reason and that's the Earth connection?

But if Monica and Tom Paris show up, I'll laugh my butt off.

I dunno. I have yet to see Clownfish be wrong on something. Time will tell.

Heroic Warrior
    That is an inaccurate statement. In fact, the stark opposite is true, so I really don't know what you are referring to when you say, "I have yet to see Clownfish be wrong on something". Youtube videos are not the best sources of information or news. Not at all.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah. I myself am technically not someone who grew up with MOTU, but I just technically bundle myself into that category through the fact that I was a fan of it when I was about thirteen and binged the entire MYP show in one sitting and drew some fanart before moving on for a bunch of years. I didn't think much of that until I returned when I was 19 years old, and found a deeper appreciation for that part of my life. It's highly possible Smith had only a passing memory of being sort of into it when he was younger and then clinging to these past memories once he came back into it when he was older.

I don't mind if He-Man isn't in every single episode. In fact, one of my long time complaints about certain episodes was that it almost seemed forcefully mandated that He-Man had to contribute to solving the conflict of the episode, even when it would have been more impactful if the limelight characters had a chance to deal with it on their own. Some of the MYP episodes come to mind in this instance, as it felt in some of the lower tier episodes that the character getting focus would be set up to actually do something cool but then do nothing but stall and distract the villains until He-Man showed up to do the ACTUAL world-saving. There were exceptions to this, but it was a problem I noticed.

I guess I just have a bias since He-Man is only about #5 in my hypothetical MOTU favourite character list. However, the other characters really do need more development. I understood this when I found myself absolutely ecstatic that Orko merely appeared in the trailer AT ALL, let alone doing something that seemed actually relevant.

Regardless, as someone with a long history of entering dead fandoms, I am not looking this gift horse in the mouth. I am going to go into this show enjoying it and I'll address any concerns with it as they come up. If anything, the potiental of old fans crying backlash and harming the franchise's future is the only thing that has me even remotely worried right now

Master of New Adventures!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I still think being inclusive is a wonderful way to be. I recently saw a Hallmark Christmas movie which featured a same sex interracial couple (with one of the men being a priest yet) with a baby girl, and not one character in the movie had a problem with this or even singled it out as a concern. It was just natural for the story and characters. It is possible to be diverse and inclusive without making it out to be overt or confrontational, and when it works, it works well. I have the same faith in MOTU and POP.
    - - - Updated - - -

Yeah, go tell them they're wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Actually, yes. Literally a story. Hallmark came up with one story idea one time, and has made a ridiculous number of Christmas movies using slight variations of it.

https://wronghands1.files.wordpress....-generator.jpg
    - - - Updated - - -

Agreed. A lot of people think Hallmark is cheesy. If they are, then I'm a big fan of cheesy. It's nice to have place my family can go to for value-rich entertainment and happy endings. They're kind of the anti-Lifetime Movies channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    There are a lot of good and heartwarming Hallmark movies with endearing characters and interesting stories out there actually.
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; June 14, 2021 at 02:30pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by ek79 View Post
    MOTUR in the FatMan Beyond Yesterday.
    43:54:

https://youtu.be/nyKia_byCfA?t=2634
    This is very reassuring.

Heroic Warrior
    [QUOTE=SkullShadow;3932424]Interesting...I'll take my guesses
    Episode 4: Hellraiser = Hmmmm. People are guessing Scareglow's inclusion. This might also be the episode where He-Man/Adam is freed from whatever captivity Skeletor has him in?[QUOTE]

It's been stated that the episode that we see the scenes of Scare Glow is from Episode 4. That's why I associated Scare Glow with Hellraiser.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    This is very reassuring.
    Yeah, I agree. I have my qualms with Smith, but he seems earnest here.

Quote Originally Posted by xTIMMYxCOREx View Post
    Yeah cause RWBY sure got canceled lol.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by thew40 View Post
    But why? Teela has always been a hero. Outside of He-Man, She-Ra, and Skeletor, she's the most vital character in the franchise!
    Hordak and the royal parents say hi.

Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    Yeah cause RWBY sure got canceled lol.
    To be fair Rooster Teeth has been sharply declining for years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos88 View Post
    To be fair Rooster Teeth has been sharply declining for years now.
    Sure but claiming that RT would cancel their biggest cash cow when times get tough is such a hilariously off base. And declaring that RT is about go under a million times dosn't do Clown Fish any favours either, they are being the boy who cried wolf at this point, no one will believe come the time when RT is actualy about to go under.

Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    Sure but claiming that RT would cancel their biggest cash cow when times get tough is such a hilariously off base. And declaring that RT is about go under a million times dosn't do Clown Fish any favours either, they are being the boy who cried wolf at this point, no one will believe come the time when RT is actualy about to go under.
    I don't know if it is so much RT cancelling it as it would be Warner Bros completely dismantling and selling off Rooster Teeth. RWBY getting caught in the crossfire of the company folding is pretty far from an outlandish possibility, so I don't think Clownfish are ridiculous for coming to that conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos88 View Post
    I don't know if it is so much RT cancelling it as it would be Warner Bros completely dismantling and selling off Rooster Teeth. RWBY getting caught in the crossfire of the company folding is pretty far from an outlandish possibility, so I don't think Clownfish are ridiculous for coming to that conclusion.
    There are two problems there.

1: They still claimed that RT was about to come to an end on multiple occasions only to be proven wrong.

2: All their headlines are about RWBY ending as oppose to RT as a whole.

Anyway given how RWBY is pretty much a bigger brand than RT at this point and still a solid money maker, should such a scenario come to pass, RWBY would probably end up getting moved to something else WB owns.

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xTIMMYxCOREx View Post
    They used to (we'll be generous and say...) "speculate" that She-Ra was going to get canceled despite the fact that it was pretty much common knowledge that the deal was for the entire 5 season run of episodes from the beginning.

‹ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sword2Blanket View Post
    They used to (we'll be generous and say...) "speculate" that She-Ra was going to get canceled despite the fact that it was pretty much common knowledge that the deal was for the entire 5 season run of episodes from the beginning.
    With regard to Revelation, they have also said that He-Man will die permanently, that Teela will inherit the Sword of Power and become his successor, and that Andra will be her love interest. So when none of that comes to pass, I want everyone who is nervous about these predictions now, to keep the same energy.

There's so much packed into this trailer - I went through and did a frame by frame look, and for anyone that isn't familiar with some of the voice actors I included some examples July 23rd can't get here fast enough!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nwpCAfv8tE

Creator of the Chicago Horde
    {YouTube} {Instagram} {Twitter}