Page 95 of 290 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 7238

Thread: Masters of the Universe Revelation Netflix Series

Let’s just read the official synopsis again

“But after a ferocious final battle forever fractures Eternia, it’s up to Teela to solve the mystery of the missing Sword of Power in a race against time to prevent the end of the Universe! Her journey will uncover the secrets of Grayskull at last.”

For the record, I want this to be as amazing as the teaser hints at but you have to admit, it really, REALLY sounds like the Teela show.

Now don’t get me wrong, Teela is a great character, I literally just spent over $200 on an Ultimate Classics Teela this week, and if we were getting even semi regular MotU shows, I’d be more than happy with a series dedicated to Teela. However, seeing as we haven’t had anything in almost 20 years, I expect the focus to be on the main character first and supporting characters second….and yes, I’d feel the same if it said Orko or Stratos or anyone else tbh.

I’m hoping the synopsis is a smoke screen to stop any second half spoilers and I’m actually thinking now it’s more referring to her becoming the new sorceress and that’s how she “uncovers the secrets of Grayskull”, not because she finds the sword and uses it.

Anyway, I can’t blame people for being skeptical but I also don’t think anyone has said they don’t hope it actually is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See, what bugs me just a little about the smugness of the "Of COURSE it's gonna be great!" type of folks is that I can already tell that if for whatever reason the people being negative on the show ended up being accurate in their predictions... they wouldn't get any sort of concession about having been right, or their predictions being accurate. They'd just get told "Pssht, whatever, you just hate everything, man." I've seen it before. Even if every single word of their predictions turned out to be accurate, somehow... nobody who told them they were conspiracy theorists would be "eating crow" or even say, "Huh... guess you were right about _____ after all."

It's like they can't wait to rub their faces in it for being wrong... but if it turned out the other way, somehow, there would most likely be no concession. There would just be "Well *I* think it's awesome, even though every single thing you said would happen - all the stuff that I insisted WOULDN'T happen - happened. So like, quit harshing my buzz, man!"

I mean if it turns out great and all those negative predications are false, that's awesome, we all win. But IF all that stuff ended up being true, or even some of it, I'd sincerely hope that certain people would at least give credit where it was due and apologize to the people they previously said were crazy conspiracy loons. Not expecting that, but it would be the polite thing to do.

If anyone is sincerely hoping that the show is bad just so they can say "I told you so!", then that is indeed petty and troublesome, but I honestly don't think too many people are doing that (at least not right here). I think most people are sincerely hoping it will be good, but have reservations for various reasons - could be that, like myself, they've looked forward to many things only to have those things turn out disastrous at the 11th hour, and now they're more reserved about such things.

I sort of expect that at least some of those predictions are true to some degree or other, BUT, I don't necessarily think they'll be executed in such a way as to subsequently ruin the entire show, as some are predicting. There are some things that are questionable if true but could still be executed well, depending.

At the end of the day, we JUST have to wait and see. I'm leaning more positive than negative in my expectations at this moment, based on what we've seen so far, but I absolutely, 100% understand why some people have such a great deal of trepidation.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

I don't really know a lot about Kevin Smith, I don't even know about any of his projects, but I know I LOVE MOTU and I have LOVED what I have seen of Revelation so far. I am naturally optimistic and I hope for the best, but what I've seen so far makes me hopeful and given that I reiterate that I am NOT familiar with the world of Kevin Smith, my passion and hopes rest with MOTU.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC View Post
    Yep. And also.... if you've been around here for any great length of time, you'll know that Jukka knows what he is talking about VERY well.

-Johnny C
    If there's anyone I trust in regard to MOTU, it's Jukka. I have faith in his wisdom and knowledge.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I don't really know a lot about Kevin Smith, I don't even know about any of his projects, but I know I LOVE MOTU and I have LOVED what I have seen of Revelation so far. I am naturally optimistic and I hope for the best, but what I've seen so far makes me hopeful and given that I reiterate that I am NOT familiar with the world of Kevin Smith
    Ultimately, I don't think we should overlook the writers Kevin is working with on Revelation. It's so easy to give a showrunner credit for virtually everything (look at how many Doctor Who fans sing the praises of Russel T. Davies and Steven Moffat and ignore everyone who's ever worked for them, I bet none of them could even identify one single classic Doctor Who writer either), but there are other guys in the trenches too, and if there are real stand-outs in Revelation regarding episodes, I'd like to remember that person if it doesn't happen to be Smith that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I don't really know a lot about Kevin Smith
    He made Batman pee his pants.

He made Batman... pee... his pants.

Based on that alone, anything he does forevermore should be given the ol' eyebrow-raise along with a hearty dose of "Let's Wait and See."

It doesn't automatically mean everything else he ever does is automatically bad. It's not even the "worst" thing he ever did, to be honest. There was the one movie with the giant poop demon... and the deleted scene in the other movie, where he showcased a dog's erect organ for a joke (it was a deleted scene, but he still scripted and filmed it, in all its vivid detail)... and, of course, the movie where a man has "relations" with a donkey while a bunch of other people watch...

I'm just saying, This Man has a long history of making very... questionable decisions. And now he's writing a He-Man show.

Is it any wonder why that concept fills some people with absolute dread?

I'm quite sure that Mattel has him on a much shorter leash than the one he had on his own projects. So I'm definitely not worried about things like Teela having a "love scene" with Battle Cat, or anything like that. They'd never let that happen.

...But it IS absolutely the kind of thing Kevin Smith would bring up in the writers room, and then say "Naaah, just kidding!" once everybody looked at him like he was crazy. That's just how his mind works.

And knowing how his mind works, and what kinds of things he thinks are "funny" in general - like having Batman pee his pants - well, if "Revelation" turns out to be awesome, we should all send a giant Thank You note to the editor of the project, whoever that may be. Because the quality of the show will inevitably have a lot to do with whether or not there's someone in the room with the power and the courage to say out loud, "Kevin... that's stupid" whenever he gets out of line. Hopefully, there were many such people involved in this project. Because Kevin Smith is not a man you let operate with minimal oversight.

And I mean, I actually really like most of the guy's work. Those things I pointed out above... like, they're terrible, but they work (for me) in the context of the movies they're in. I laughed at them. I laughed at the donkey show and the dog erection. God may punish me one day for having laughed, but I can't deny, I did laugh. The man knows how to make horrible things seem hilarious in-context, sometimes. That's the "magic" of Kevin Smith.

But he definitely wouldn't be the guy I'd tap to write a He-Man show. Just Sayin'!

......But if it's great then I'll say it's great, I promise! Even if it's "only" Clerks 2 "great" and not Clerks 1 "Great".

The guy just makes me nervous. I can't help it!

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    Ultimately, I don't think we should overlook the writers Kevin is working with on Revelation. It's so easy to give a showrunner credit for virtually everything (look at how many Doctor Who fans sing the praises of Russel T. Davies and Steven Moffat and ignore everyone who's ever worked for them, I bet none of them could even identify one single classic Doctor Who writer either), but there are other guys in the trenches too, and if there are real stand-outs in Revelation regarding episodes, I'd like to remember that person if it doesn't happen to be Smith that time.
    This is important, and this is what I mean. Hopefully, Smith himself isn't actually doing much of the "writing", or at least he has people in the room with him telling him "No, man, it's like THIS."

I have faith they're not just letting him run the whole thing; that'd be madness. Surely they've got someone whose entire job it is to tell the guy "No" when he pitches something lousy... right? I mean, that's just common sense.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    .....But if it's great then I'll say it's great, I promise! Even if it's "only" Clerks 2 "great" and not Clerks 1 "Great".
    Clerks 2 "great".... You are joking right?

I liked it.

Rosario Dawson dancing around without a "harness" scores a whole lotta points with me, bruh. In some ways, I'm only human.

I liked it.

Rosario Dawson dancing around without a "harness" scores a whole lotta points with me, bruh. In some ways, I'm only human.
    Rosario Dawson being in the movie was the only good thing about it.

This is important, and this is what I mean. Hopefully, Smith himself isn't actually doing much of the "writing", or at least he has people in the room with him telling him "No, man, it's like THIS."

I have faith they're not just letting him run the whole thing; that'd be madness. Surely they've got someone whose entire job it is to tell the guy "No" when he pitches something lousy... right? I mean, that's just common sense.
    I don't know if you've looked at the Revelation writers room, but suffice it to say the money they could have used securing good writers was spent on Mark Hamill. If it's between Kevin Smith-tier writing and CW-tier I'll take the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Rosario Dawson being in the movie was the only good thing about it.
    Randall's succinct re-enactment of the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy in five seconds was worth a laugh.

And then there was "Come to think of it, I guess my grandma WAS kinda racist..." and everything leading into that.

It definitely has its moments. Although I certainly wouldn't recommend it to just anyone. But credit where it's due, by the time the scene with the donkey happens, for example, it's not even shocking anymore. There's a certain art to that kind of desensitization. "Of COURSE that's what's gonna happen... by this point, it would be more shocking if it somehow DIDN'T happen!" I mean... that takes skill, to get a viewer to that point where all they can do is embrace the horror as it unfolds.

Could you imagine anybody else doing that scene? It'd be the end of their career, for sure. Some might even end up in jail. This guy got to do like 20 more movies after that!

And again... that's the "magic" of Kevin Smith. He filmed a love scene between a man and a donkey and he keeps... getting... work!

On some level... you gotta respect that. I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos88 View Post
    I don't know if you've looked at the Revelation writers room, but suffice it to say the money they could have used securing good writers was spent on Mark Hamill.
    Color me "Not-Surprised".
    Last edited by Rikki Roxx; June 18, 2021 at 07:49am.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    See, what bugs me just a little about the smugness of the "Of COURSE it's gonna be great!" type of folks is that I can already tell that if for whatever reason the people being negative on the show ended up being accurate in their predictions... they wouldn't get any sort of concession about having been right, or their predictions being accurate. They'd just get told "Pssht, whatever, you just hate everything, man." I've seen it before. Even if every single word of their predictions turned out to be accurate, somehow... nobody who told them they were conspiracy theorists would be "eating crow" or even say, "Huh... guess you were right about _____ after all."

It's like they can't wait to rub their faces in it for being wrong... but if it turned out the other way, somehow, there would most likely be no concession. There would just be "Well *I* think it's awesome, even though every single thing you said would happen - all the stuff that I insisted WOULDN'T happen - happened. So like, quit harshing my buzz, man!"

I mean if it turns out great and all those negative predications are false, that's awesome, we all win. But IF all that stuff ended up being true, or even some of it, I'd sincerely hope that certain people would at least give credit where it was due and apologize to the people they previously said were crazy conspiracy loons. Not expecting that, but it would be the polite thing to do.

If anyone is sincerely hoping that the show is bad just so they can say "I told you so!", then that is indeed petty and troublesome, but I honestly don't think too many people are doing that (at least not right here). I think most people are sincerely hoping it will be good, but have reservations for various reasons - could be that, like myself, they've looked forward to many things only to have those things turn out disastrous at the 11th hour, and now they're more reserved about such things.

I sort of expect that at least some of those predictions are true to some degree or other, BUT, I don't necessarily think they'll be executed in such a way as to subsequently ruin the entire show, as some are predicting. There are some things that are questionable if true but could still be executed well, depending.

At the end of the day, we JUST have to wait and see. I'm leaning more positive than negative in my expectations at this moment, based on what we've seen so far, but I absolutely, 100% understand why some people have such a great deal of trepidation.
    You're not going to hear the end of it on July 23rd.

I'd love to see Kneon and Geeky put a Revelations video up entitled "Holy crap! We were wrong!". Doubt that'll happen, though. Apologizing looks like weakness to some people.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

In Stereo Where Available Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    You're not going to hear the end of it on July 23rd.

I'd love to see Kneon and Geeky put a Revelations video up entitled "Holy crap! We were wrong!". Doubt that'll happen, though. Apologizing looks like weakness to some people.
    I'd just like to see Geeky talk at a normal speed instead of super fast, basically tripping over her own words.

Heroic Warrior
    Geeky is also far more prone to anger than Kneon is, you can tell when he's mad at something when he just doesn't care. She cares so he doesn't have to.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Samurai View Post
    Geeky is also far more prone to anger than Kneon is, you can tell when he's mad at something when he just doesn't care. She cares so he doesn't have to.
    The fury comes out of that woman!
    Kneon gets mad too, but his anger is more like disgust. Like when he was talking about how Heavy Metal Magazine was attacking the fans who criticized their new direction with their mascot character. She put on armor for more protection for a storyline, but it turned out to be useless.

Getting back to Revelations, at least the Revelations showrunners or actors aren't attacking fans who criticize the show's direction or throwing the old cartoon, it's talent or it's creators under the bus.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Getting back to Revelations, at least the Revelations showrunners or actors aren't attacking fans who criticize the show's direction or throwing the old cartoon, it's talent or it's creators under the bus.
    Isn't that refreshing?

Master of Hosting Events! JohnnyC's Avatar
    Just throwing this out there for whatever it's worth (and I didn't see any immediate posts about this, but I could have missed them)...

The voice actors episode count puts Teela in only 6 episodes and He-man in all 8. If that's any sort of indication, that sign points to "not the Teela show".

But I'm no soothsayer. Predicting is dumb, IMO. Let the thing happen and then decide whether you like it or not. Seems like a logical approach to me. If it's crap, its crap. You still have your figures and the old show to enjoy. If it's great, well then YEE HAW!!! All the better!

-Johnny C

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC View Post
    Just throwing this out there for whatever it's worth (and I didn't see any immediate posts about this, but I could have missed them)...

The voice actors episode count puts Teela in only 6 episodes and He-man in all 8. If that's any sort of indication, that sign points to "not the Teela show".

But I'm no soothsayer. Predicting is dumb, IMO. Let the thing happen and then decide whether you like it or not. Seems like a logical approach to me. If it's crap, its crap. You still have your figures and the old show to enjoy. If it's great, well then YEE HAW!!! All the better!

-Johnny C
    IMDb also has the Revelation cast on the CG Netflix show, it's not reliable information whatsoever.

The Revelation teaser trailer has surpassed all of the indivdual Castlevania trailers and teasers on the main Netflix channel in both views and the number of comments. By my estimations, the Revelation teaser should surpass the Blood of Zeus trailer in views some time around the end of the month. It already has more comments than BOZ.

DAILY TOP 10 ON NETFLIX

--------------------

Blood of Zeus (Season 1)

Spent 6 days in the Top 10

4-3-3-5-9-9-OUT

--------------------

Castlevania (Season 4)

Spent 3 days in the Top 10

5-7-10-OUT

--------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    The Revelation teaser trailer has surpassed all of the indivdual Castlevania trailers and teasers on the main Netflix channel in both views and the number of comments. By my estimations, the Revelation teaser should surpass the Blood of Zeus trailer in views some time around the end of the month. It already has more comments than BOZ.

DAILY TOP 10 ON NETFLIX

--------------------

Blood of Zeus (Season 1)

Spent 6 days in the Top 10

4-3-3-5-9-9-OUT

--------------------

Castlevania (Season 4)

Spent 3 days in the Top 10

5-7-10-OUT

--------------------
    Where do you find that information?

The main Netflix trailer on YouTube has 4.5 million views and there is mirror of the same trailer from IGN with 1.2 million views. The combined views is pretty respectable.

Quote Originally Posted by InThe80s View Post
    Where do you find that information?
    https://www.the-numbers.com/netflix-top-10

I really hope that this series will be successful enough to greenlit more seasons. I would really like to see the Snake Men and the Evil Horde, with Hordak using Adora to lead the charge, while in the end she becomes She-Ra and aids He-Man against all foes.

Oh, and I don't want Skeletor and the evil warriors to roll over and die - the more active factions in a game of thrones, the merrier. I want the last season to be a total clusterbark, with He-Man and his troops, the Evil Warriors, the Snake Men and the Horde all competing for Power.

I would love to see The Heroic Warriors, The Great Rebellion and The Galactic Guardians battle The Evil Warriors, The Evil Horde, The Snake Men and The Evil Mutants for control of the Universe.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolaidas View Post
    I really hope that this series will be successful enough to greenlit more seasons. I would really like to see the Snake Men and the Evil Horde, with Hordak using Adora to lead the charge, while in the end she becomes She-Ra and aids He-Man against all foes.

Oh, and I don't want Skeletor and the evil warriors to roll over and die - the more active factions in a game of thrones, the merrier. I want the last season to be a total clusterbark, with He-Man and his troops, the Evil Warriors, the Snake Men and the Horde all competing for Power.
    If this is a continuation of old MOTU, then Adora is already She-Ra.

However, they could really explore more about the Great Rebellion and the war on Etheria... and, bringing it back to Eternia, I would like to do a deep dive into the history of the Snakemen... if it is different from 200X.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    Look, the last time a "respected" creator with Geek Cred made a bunch of promises about how a project he was involved with was gonna be incredible and "Everything a fan would ever want to see", it was Kevin Eastman and the result of it was we got two terrible Ninja Turtle movies.

After a while, you just plain stop trusting people.
    It's perfectly reasonable to be skeptical or even pessimistic about upcoming shows or movies; I'm usually that way myself.

However, there's a huge difference between "There's a chance this could suck" and "There's a chance this could suck.....because Teela's going to defeat Skelegod with a single punch in episode one, then transform the Sword of Power into the Sword of Girl Power, then she's going to use it to shoot a rainbow beam to transform Adam into the most fabulous man in the universe, then in episodes 2-10 she's just going to be fighting to take down the patriarchy with her super buff warrior woman army and making out with her black girlfriend." And sure, there's an entire spectrum between those two perspectives. The problem with that, though, is that some people embrace the entire spectrum and just shift positions as needed to justify their irrational fears. When the outlandish take is called out, they retreat to the reasonable take for defense.

I'm simply suggesting skepticism should be made clear: "I think Perspective X is reasonable, but this other Perspective Y is kind of wacky". Making broad, generalized defenses of skepticism after all the outlandish takes that have been made or referenced in this thread kind of provides cover for those who are playing bad faith games that I described above.

On a side note: Maybe you just have an issue with people named Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    QFT!

Can we split this haul 50/50?
    Of course I'll share! There should be plenty to go around, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sword2Blanket View Post
    It's perfectly reasonable to be skeptical or even pessimistic about upcoming shows or movies; I'm usually that way myself.

However, there's a huge difference between "There's a chance this could suck" and "There's a chance this could suck.....because Teela's going to defeat Skelegod with a single punch in episode one, then transform the Sword of Power into the Sword of Girl Power, then she's going to use it to shoot a rainbow beam to transform Adam into the most fabulous man in the universe, then in episodes 2-10 she's just going to be fighting to take down the patriarchy with her super buff warrior woman army and making out with her black girlfriend." And sure, there's an entire spectrum between those two perspectives. The problem with that, though, is that some people embrace the entire spectrum and just shift positions as needed to justify their irrational fears. When the outlandish take is called out, they retreat to the reasonable take for defense.

I'm simply suggesting skepticism should be made clear: "I think Perspective X is reasonable, but this other Perspective Y is kind of wacky". Making broad, generalized defenses of skepticism after all the outlandish takes that have been made or referenced in this thread kind of provides cover for those who are playing bad faith games that I described above.

Of course I'll share! There should be plenty to go around, lol.
    I don't think that Teela is going to beat Skelegod, nor do I think that she's going to wield the Sword of Power.

I think she's going to find Adam and help him turn into He-Man in the end. I think their reasoning is that showing He-Man battling Skeletor in the beginning and in the end will be enough to shut them up. ("See? This isn't the Teela show after all! Now shut up!")