Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles from Super 7

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles from Super 7

Well, color me impressed!

I didn't think it was possible, but Super 7 seems to have hit all the right notes with their TMNT throwback line of figures!

What we've seen so far looks great, and if the final products look as good as the prototypes, I will be all in on this line... especially if the 4H are involved!

I am hoping for vintage-styled cardbacks and a bit of a limit on all of the variants until we get through most of the heavy-hitters...

So, what do you all think about this new endeavor by Super 7?

*Mods - I know that a TMNT figure thread already exists, but I felt that these figures deserved a thread of their own. Please merge with the other if necessary.*
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Wonderful, I hoped that ThunderCats would also be inspired in the vintage toyline, but never mind, both lines will be great.

They look great but I will have to pass on TMNT, Thundercats and Conan as the price is just too high and I can't justify spending that on figures.

Heroic Warrior
    I was really excited about these and pleasantly surprised about Conan , but I will have to pass as well 45 a piece is just too high for super7 quality figures. It’s not like I’m a cheap collector I don’t mind spending money for good quality but these prices seem too high when Marvel legends are 20 and mythic legions are 35 and Neca has 2 packs of TMNT figures for 52 not sure a few extra accessories are worth the high cost

I just noticed the Foot Soldier is a little short compared to Raphael and Baxter Stockman is very large. He should be quite smaller that Raphael.
    Much like the Playmates Classics, Raphael's head seems a bit too big for his body.
    I know these are going for the vintage toy look so maybe they aren't going for the cartoon proportions.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor68 View Post
    I was really excited about these and pleasantly surprised about Conan , but I will have to pass as well 45 a piece is just too high for super7 quality figures. It’s not like I’m a cheap collector I don’t mind spending money for good quality but these prices seem too high when Marvel legends are 20 and mythic legions are 35 and Neca has 2 packs of TMNT figures for 52 not sure a few extra accessories are worth the high cost
    Same here, it just doesn't seem the price is appropriate for what is being offered. Sure sure, built-to-order, one time-only opportunity. But 45 buck add taxes, shipping etc to that, ugh... Comes out at 75€ over here. For one figure ^^

Heroic Warrior
    Personally I would also like the 2011 Thundercats to get well done toys/figures unlike what we got when the series came out.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I am on board with this line, it is something I didn't even think I needed.

They sculpts looks amazing, I really hope we get a Muckman, Wingnut, Rat King and Krang.

Also we'll finally get a toy accurate Shredder which will be able to stand up right.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Quote Originally Posted by Lasastard View Post
    Same here, it just doesn't seem the price is appropriate for what is being offered. Sure sure, built-to-order, one time-only opportunity. But 45 buck add taxes, shipping etc to that, ugh... Comes out at 75€ over here. For one figure ^^
    Yes, prices seem a bit high. Unfortunately, for collectors in Australia, we've been having to pay similar prices for many MOTU Classics figures to date, especially if we missed out on them when they were first sold through mattycollector.com

As a result, I will just stick to Thundercats, even though I think these TMNT figures are pretty cool.

Heroic Warrior
    What a surprise, Super7 produce nice looking things but charge the earth for them, 45 dollars before their astronomical shipping fees? I'm sure thier answer is a payment plan. Sigh.
    I do want toy accurate Baxter though (and maybe Splinter) and I'm willing to pay 37 quid (according to Google), for the 'opportunity'. Did they say if they they're going to sell them seperately or force us to buy all four like with MOTUC?

I think they look incredible, especially that Raphael. Much better than what NECA are doing, IMO.

As much as I enjoy the nostalgia I get from the TMNT figures here [and they do look great] I will not be buying these at 45$ each. I already have most of the unique characters loose and carded from the vintage line. More than happy with those.
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

Widget
    I'm super excited about this and Conan!
    My only concern is the vast majority of figures from the vintage line are turtle variants.
    So I hope that they focus completely on the 60+ unique characters only. If they did that we could have them done in about 4 years.

Notable vehicles and Playsets being Party Wagon, Techno Drone and Krang's Android body at least.

I wish these were available like the Playymates Classics. .

yeah, i vowed not to collect TMNT's even though I like so many of the characters... since I just don't have the space. But then I saw these on the shelves at Power Con and I'm oh so tempted... the thought of 4 Horsemen redoing all the random weirdos like Muckman and Mutagen Man is so exciting to me, and I'd regret it forever if I passed on them.

That said, $45 apiece? UGH. I don't need all the extra hands and parts and weapons! thats the only thing that'd hold me back. HOw can we make Super 7 see that more people would be eager to order if they cost less??

These look uh-Maze-ING. I enjoy the NECA figures, etc but they always seemed like they were lacking something. This is it for me. The only tweaks I would make would be to also include unpainted brown weapons for the Turtles, and to make it so that the accessories aren't permanently attached to the weapons racks.

Either way, I'm buying them all from what I have seen.

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    I'm liking what I'm seeing so far, though I do agree with not needing a whole bunch of extra weapons and alternate hands which drive the price up. (probably end up getting most anyway ) I'm guessing since wave one only has Raph and they've announced a schedule for five waves so far that there will be one turtle per wave and then some other sure sale heavy hitter in wave five (probably Shredder or Krang -I don't want to wait that long for them but the pattern makes sense) I'm trying to guess who all will be made, at least at first. Will they get the main ones first then see where it goes or surprise us with random ones and stretch it out - risking it ending before getting a must have?

My vision -probably way off:

Wave 1:
    Raphael
    Baxter Stockman
    Splinter
    Foot Soldier

Wave 2:
    Leonardo
    April
    Bebop
    Slash

Wave 3:
    Michelangelo
    Rocksteady
    Shredder
    Casey Jones

Wave 4:
    Donatello
    Metal Head
    Rat King
    Leatherhead

Wave 5:
    Krang
    Mondo Geko
    Usagi Yojimbo
    Karai (I know she wasn't in the original toy line but they can do a new figure in vintage style)

If it keeps going how about:

Mona Lisa
    Genghis Frog
    Muck Man
    Tokka

Ace Duck
    Fugitoid
    Rahzar
    Chrome Dome
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

I'm so pumped for these. (I'm almost happy MOTUC is over/on hiatus because I couldn't afford both.) Thundercats I will absolutely cherry-pick, but I will buy every single TMNT Classics figure (unless they veer into weirdo variant territory). With five waves planned, here's my Top 20 I'm hoping to see (in no particular order). (I tossed in the reveals.)

1-4 The Turtles
    5 April
    6 Casey
    7 Splinter
    8 Shredder
    9 Bebop
    10 Rocksteady
    11 Foot Soldier
    12 Baxter
    13 Ace Duck
    14 Fugitoid
    15 Krang (in his walker)
    16 Mondo Gecko
    17 General Traag
    18 Ray Fillet
    19 Muckman (and Joe Eyeball!)
    20 Usagi Yojimbo

And for fun, my next Wave's worth:

21 Pizza Face
    22 Wingnut (and Screwloose)
    23 Leatherhead
    24 Metalhead
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

I echo the sentiments about the prices. I used to love collecting toys, but recently I have been really turned off by the prices of things. Often times I can get the vintage toys I grew up with for a lot less than their modern counter parts.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

These do look amazing but I simply just don't have the money or space for them and for me MOTU and ThunderCats takes priority over them.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    I echo the sentiments about the prices. I used to love collecting toys, but recently I have been really turned off by the prices of things. Often times I can get the vintage toys I grew up with for a lot less than their modern counter parts.
    I completely agree. I would be more inclined to just get the vintage TMNT figures.
    I have a few WWE Elite figures but the more I have been looking at them the more I appreciate how simple and fun the old Hasbro figures were to collect and play with (back then LOL).

Heroic Warrior
    I love all the reveals and would probably be getting them but they were already expensive at 35 now a 25% price hike. Brian seems out of touch on what people want I don’t more accessories than a figure can hold and don’t need 3 sets of gripping hands for Raphael unfortunately I have draw the line somewhere and this is it , I prefer getting the mythic legions anyway but I’m really happy for everyone that loves the new price

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I just noticed the Foot Soldier is a little short compared to Raphael and Baxter Stockman is very large. He should be quite smaller that Raphael.
    Much like the Playmates Classics, Raphael's head seems a bit too big for his body.
    I know these are going for the vintage toy look so maybe they aren't going for the cartoon proportions.
    It's been a long time since I looked at the Baxter toy.. but I always remember that the turtles were only around 4-5 feet high while Shredder was around 6'. The movies naturally had to go a bit big to work the suits, but I always want my turtles to be shorter than the humans. and hunched over Shredder isn't the answer.

I'm curious what they will do with Shredder.... He always had the absolute WORST toy ever. Especially for the 'big bad'. I really REALLY DON'T want a toy accurate version of that design. For that matter with all the reboots, relaunches and variants that TMNT has gone through... I'm still amazed that there was NEVER a good Shredder toy. Something with even mild articulation AND a decent outfit... we just can't get it. Nickolodeon came close... but he lost all knee articulation. sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    It's been a long time since I looked at the Baxter toy.. but I always remember that the turtles were only around 4-5 feet high while Shredder was around 6'. The movies naturally had to go a bit big to work the suits, but I always want my turtles to be shorter than the humans. and hunched over Shredder isn't the answer.

I'm curious what they will do with Shredder.... He always had the absolute WORST toy ever. Especially for the 'big bad'. I really REALLY DON'T want a toy accurate version of that design. For that matter with all the reboots, relaunches and variants that TMNT has gone through... I'm still amazed that there was NEVER a good Shredder toy. Something with even mild articulation AND a decent outfit... we just can't get it. Nickolodeon came close... but he lost all knee articulation. sigh...
    NECA's comic and cartoon version is the best Shredder action figure.
    The vintage figure was indeed awful. He was hunched over, in an awkward pose, could barely hold his sword, far too big and his colour design made him look nothing like the cartoon. I had the vintage figure but I recall when I was younger being very disappointed with it and the moment I got the chance to get another Shredder I got that changing one that could change from Oroko Saki to Shredder. He still didn't look like the cartoon but he at least looked cool and could hold his weapons and was a lot more in scale with the Turtles.
    Actually it was the fact that the Super 7 Shredder would be based on the vintage toy that really made me decide to pass on this line even more than the price.
    A Classics figure based on the toy design will be a hard sell. I wouldn't be surprised if Brian says they decided to go with the vintage Toon Turtle figures design.

These look amazing but I have no room for these. I only have room for one TMNT line and it's the cartoon NECA figures. I always wanted cartoon accurate figures and now that I can get them I'm not passing on them. The price is also really turning me off.

I personally think there's too many TMNT lines. Fans can only buy so much and I think these numerous lines are going to really spit the fan base. I hope there's enough interest to keep all these lines going. They all look amazing.