Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles from Super 7

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    They are pretty much the same price and Super7's look just as good. Good luck finding them and then paying twice as much for them on EBay lol.
    I think you better get out your calculator.

S7 is $44.99 per figure. NECA's Animated Turtles are $49.99 per 2 pack. So in review, S7 is $45 per figure while NECA is $25 per figure. $45 is not the same price as $25.

EDIT: I will say though for $45 you get a TON more accessories with S7.
    Last edited by Bonehead; October 4, 2019 at 10:46pm.

For now, Iím picking up Super7ís Baxter Stockman, and Necaís entire FW toon line (except the turtles - i use SH Figuarts turtles).

Super7ís stuff looks great, and Iíll cherry pick here and there. But the fact that they donít scale together is pretty much a deal breaker. Leo, Shredder, and Splinter should not be the same height.

I will say that, S7's turtles look MUCH better in person then they do ANYWHERE that I've seen on-line. I just saw them for the first time today at NYCC and was defiantly impressed. For those of you that like what you've seen so far you'll LOVE the actual product THAT IS, if they turn out anything like the prototypes.

So for us here in the US it's much better and cheaper to go with Super 7.
    Uhh..... what?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Major Tom View Post
    What's the QC and paint apps like on Super7 stuff these days, generally speaking?
    Super 7 definitely made some adjustments from their first waves of figures, but their quality is no where near their asking price.

We have to remember that they built their company on niche products like posters, t-shirts, glasses and vinyl-type figurines... They have a long way to go before they can consider themselves a competitive 6" action-figure company. And, with the prices that they're commanding, it's gonna be a long road.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    I will say that, S7's turtles look MUCH better in person then they do ANYWHERE that I've seen on-line. I just saw them for the first time today at NYCC and was defiantly impressed. For those of you that like what you've seen so far you'll LOVE the actual product THAT IS, if they turn out anything like the prototypes.
    That's a BIG if... so far, nothing that has made it into the hands of collectors has looked remotely like the prototypes.

Because it's TMNT, I'll stay optimistic... but, boy I sure would like to have my William Stout figures to have something more to base my hopes on...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    None of my local Targets have ever EVER gotten any of the NECA figures in stock, so sux for me and any potential repeat business in collecting them =/

Quote Originally Posted by The.Idea.of.Evil View Post
    None of my local Targets have ever EVER gotten any of the NECA figures in stock, so sux for me and any potential repeat business in collecting them =/
    Thank you. Enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    I think you better get out your calculator.

S7 is $44.99 per figure. NECA's Animated Turtles are $49.99 per 2 pack. So in review, S7 is $45 per figure while NECA is $25 per figure. $45 is not the same price as $25.

EDIT: I will say though for $45 you get a TON more accessories with S7.
    But some of the accessories are ruined by being on the sprue.

The NECA two packs in the UK are around £55 while ordering the Super 7 figures either directly from Super 7 or via importers works out around £50+ for one figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Uhh..... what?!?
    Uhh.....yeah. My point being if I were to try to acquire the NECA figures I would have to go to eBay because they are nowhere...not even at Target here...and on eBay they cost twice if not three times as much. So yes Super7 is definitely the cheaper way to go for me.
    Last edited by depp76; October 5, 2019 at 10:34am.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    That's a BIG if... so far, nothing that has made it into the hands of collectors has looked remotely like the prototypes.
    Certainly is, which is why I said in the sarcastic manner in which I did. S7 should thank the options of the secondary market for their longevity at this point in all honesty.

Between things taking forever to come out. LOTS of QC issues still in question. NOT being able to buy them without paying for them 100% upfront. NOT knowing what you're even going to get in regard to the "actual" product since things have been all over the place, I'm not sure that they would of made it to this point without the additional options.

Everywhere you look, you see more people buying them from "other" places then you do from them. Either way though, as bad as this may all sound, we support them and wish them well because they make things that we want. It's just constructive criticism at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by The.Idea.of.Evil View Post
    The first wave was a nightmare. Iím sure the second wave will be just as bad. And I donít want to pay double on eBay.

I wish NECA could figure out a way to sell these online directly or partner with an online retailer that could do it for them.

Just a tip, none of the metro area targets near me ever had the NECA toon tmnt wave 1 in stock, either. The local NECA rep just put them straight on eBay. But a rural store about 45 min away had a ton of them in stock. Was just outside my Evil NECA repís range. When wave 2 comes out, call around and go on a road trip.

Heroic Warrior
    I have seen Donnie/Krang at Target. Mostly itís Mikey/Foot Soldier and Raph/Foot Soldier. Shredder and Leo gone.

I’m going to order all four, maybe two of the Foot Soldier. I might buy from S7, but it’ll likely be from BBTS. Neca’s stuff doesn’t have me that enamored, though I like my movie turtles (except for the weak, breakable wrists).

I’m hoping the final products do scale well, as has been mentioned a few times.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Quote Originally Posted by Creedog View Post
    The first wave was a nightmare. Iím sure the second wave will be just as bad. And I donít want to pay double on eBay.

I wish NECA could figure out a way to sell these online directly or partner with an online retailer that could do it for them.

Just a tip, none of the metro area targets near me ever had the NECA toon tmnt wave 1 in stock, either. The local NECA rep just put them straight on eBay. But a rural store about 45 min away had a ton of them in stock. Was just outside my Evil NECA repís range. When wave 2 comes out, call around and go on a road trip.
    Or save all that NECA hassle and get the Super7 TMNT...

I have no dog on TMNT but I like them as a kid (heck I might own one someday, eventually, but if it does not happen it will be perfectly ok). Super7 makes stuff I like possible to acquire for someone like me which is far, that's why I appreciate Super7 much.

If those USA guys, European guys find it hard to acquire then it is pointless to take much interest for someone like me. Frustrations in collecting arise on the incapability of a collector to get items, and by them having almost 0% chance in getting items. Most enthusiast/ collector don't do this for the fun of hunt, but mostly on the joy of simply having it with ease while paying the pricey values of these.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

I have the opposite reaction between Super 7's TMNT and MOTUC Club Greyskull. I really dislike the animation look of the MOTU characters but I really prefer the animation designs for TMNT.

Uhh.....yeah. My point being if I were to try to acquire the NECA figures I would have to go to eBay because they are nowhere...not even at Target here...and on eBay they cost twice if not three times as much. So yes Super7 is definitely the cheaper way to go for me.
    They run about $70-$75 online if you look, with Leo/Shredder running a bit more. That's not twice as much.

Also if you can't find the Turtles at Target, contact NECA via twitter or Facebook and give them your area code. Lots fans complained about them not being in their stores cause some were never slotted in the plan-o-grams. NECA listened and got them put into a ton of resets. I did this and within a month NECA added them to my area's sets. It took me about 6 weeks later to see any actually on the shelf but I did get them all eventually. They're still shipping wave 1 until Wave 2 starts in December.

Or you could always order them from overseas where they aren't an exclusive. You'll have to pay for the international shipping costs but the 2 packs still only run about the same price. Lots of people are doing this for wave 2. I did for Bebop and Rocksteady.

See below:

They run about $70-$75 online if you look, with Leo/Shredder running a bit more. That's not twice as much.

Also if you can't find the Turtles at Target, contact NECA via twitter or Facebook and give them your area code. Lots fans complained about them not being in their stores cause some were never slotted in the plan-o-grams. NECA listened and got them put into a ton of resets. I did this and within a month NECA added them to my area's sets. It took me about 6 weeks later to see any actually on the shelf but I did get them all eventually. They're still shipping wave 1 until Wave 2 starts in December.

Or you could always order them from overseas where they aren't an exclusive. You'll have to pay for the international shipping costs but the 2 packs still only run about the same price. Lots of people are doing this for wave 2. I did for Bebop and Rocksteady.
    ...and I've even seen them dropping into the $40-50 range online.

I didn't think that my Targets were ever going to get them in, but I've recently been seeing them pop up in the bigger stores. One of the stores has them with the Neca/Funko items in the electronics/entertainment aisles, while the other has them in the actual toy aisle.

As Bonehead pointed out, you are getting two figures in each pack... so even if you pay $75, it's way cheaper for the Neca TMNT per figure.

You sir, are a genius. Do you have a recommended vendor for Bebop/Rocksteady?

So now Super 7 say the TMNT figures are being released with two weapon sets. One set painted and one set unpainted.
    http://thefwoosh.com/2019/10/super7-...n-rack-update/

Evil Sorcerer & Commander Zargon's Avatar
    Here is my guess of the releases based upon the original toy release:

Wave 1 (10/19) (revealed)
    Raphael
    Splinter
    Baxter Stockman
    Foot Soldier

Wave 2 (3/20)
    Donatello
    April O'Neil
    Bebop
    General Traag

Wave 3 (6/20)
    Leonardo
    Casey Jones
    Rocksteady
    Leatherhead

Wave 4 (9/20)
    Michelangelo
    Usagi Yojimbo
    The Rat King
    Krang

Wave 5 (12/20)
    Ace Duck
    Metalhead
    Genghis Frog
    Shredder

But we will see....
    Top MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither, Tuvar & Baddrah 2-pack, "new" characters as designed by Axor (Axel)

Heroic Warrior
    So as near as I can tell, these are the same size as TMNT Classics.

I kinda wish Playmates had done those in toy colors with toy style belts and heads because I could easily skip the Turtles themselves then.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post
    So as near as I can tell, these are the same size as TMNT Classics.

I kinda wish Playmates had done those in toy colors with toy style belts and heads because I could easily skip the Turtles themselves then.
    Playmates wen for a cross between the cartoon and the vintage toy designs.

I ordered my set (plus one Foot Soldier) from BBTS. I kept hemming and hawing, but I'm really jazzed about these guys, and I had a great performance review yesterday afternoon.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Order in with S7 for the 4 figs and 2 extra foot soldiers with BBTS. Man I love this line!!

Just now got this email from BBTS!:

Hello,

Thank you for Pre-ordering from BigBadToyStore!

Super7 has informed us of an important design change regarding the TMNT Ultimates Wave 1 Set of 4 Figures. Each figure will come with a PAINTED set of weapons accessories that are clipped/clean and ready to use, in addition to an UNPAINTED set of weapons still on their rack, just like the old toys. Our website listing is now up to date and current with the most accurate information and photos available.

If you no longer want this item, please log in and cancel it from your account. If you have any questions regarding this notice, please contact Customer Service for further assistance.

Sincerely,

BBTS Customer Service
    888-980-2287
    [email protected]

Here's a picture with both weapon-sets shown: