Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles from Super 7

You're right, Bonehead. There are suddenly a LOT of options available. I'm more interested in the PLaymates designs, so I'm opting for Super 7, but Neca's churning out some good stuff. (I love my set of movie TMNT).

What does everyone think about the possibility of vehicles and such? I doubt we'd see a Technodrome or Sewer Lair, but a Party Wagon/Turtle Van would be pretty nifty.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Eternian Sports Director smeddie45's Avatar
    I’m excited for these and Thundercats, which is why I’m not too heart broken Classics is taking a rest. But Origins I’m going to be interested to see, hoping I don’t have to do much hunting for them, I don’t have the best Wal-Mart in the world....

My top 20 wish list

1-4 The four turtles, no need for any variants
    5 Shredder
    6 Rock Steady
    7 Beebop
    8 Krang in walker- have the Android body be a larger figure
    9 Splinter
    10 Casey Jones
    11 Leatherhead
    12 Rat King
    13 Chrome Dome
    14 Mutgen Man
    15 Muckman and Joe Eyeball
    16 Wingnut and Screwloose
    17 Foot Soldier (Army builder 2 pack)
    18 Ace Duck
    19 Scumbad
    20 Usagi Yojimbo

Heroic Warrior
    Honestly, I'm content with my Classics from playmates. These look awesome but I'm priced out at this point, even if I wanted to jump in I couldn't.
    Happy for those that are able to jump in though. Hope it is as good as it looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I know these are going for the vintage toy look so maybe they aren't going for the cartoon proportions.
    This is the answer. Super7's line of TMNT Ultimates is based on the original vintage toy line and not taking cues from the cartoon. NECA is releasing figures based on the movies and the cartoons.

I didn't own a lot of vintage TMNT - but I still have a handful that I adore - Usagi Yojimbo, Panda Khan, Genghis Frog, Ace Duck... I will be stoked if they can deliver great updated versions of those figures. (I'm thinking Usagi might be tough as it probably requires a separate license with Stan Sakai

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post

What does everyone think about the possibility of vehicles and such? I doubt we'd see a Technodrome or Sewer Lair, but a Party Wagon/Turtle Van would be pretty nifty.
    NECA said at SDCC that they would like to maybe do one and "test the waters" but didn't know if it would be allowed in their license deal with Nick. They have the right to do figures but vehicles and playsets were a grey area.

As far as S7 goes, it probably depends what their deal is with Nick too. I'd say a Turtle Van would be the most obvious and most wanted item from both companies. I personally want the Mutant Module. I just got the vintage one a few years ago but would love a modern one from either company. The Foot Cruiser would be my next most wanted.

Personally, I’m keeping my SH Figuarts Turtles + every non-turtle toon figure from neca + cherry pick from S7 (like Baxter). I can’t believe we have so many tmnt choices.

So glad we’re past the Playmates Classics era, those things sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by PantherCult View Post
    This is the answer. Super7's line of TMNT Ultimates is based on the original vintage toy line and not taking cues from the cartoon. NECA is releasing figures based on the movies and the cartoons.

I didn't own a lot of vintage TMNT - but I still have a handful that I adore - Usagi Yojimbo, Panda Khan, Genghis Frog, Ace Duck... I will be stoked if they can deliver great updated versions of those figures. (I'm thinking Usagi might be tough as it probably requires a separate license with Stan Sakai
    I had Panda Khan, he was great. A Classics Chromedome would look amazing.
    Panda Khan and Uosagi Yojimbo are both seperate comic characters but since it's the vintage toy designs they should be able to make them.

Evil Chibi Warrior super-munkyboy's Avatar
    What I'm trying to get my head around is all this licensing. Nickelodeon own TMNT, but these are Playmates designs. How did they manage that? I'm not complaining, but with NECA only being allowed to do video games, boggles my mind.
    Regardless, these are great. Definitely will cherry pick my favourites from the original though - so basically the bad guys, Muckman, Wingnut and Mondo Gecko!!!

Quote Originally Posted by super-munkyboy View Post
    What I'm trying to get my head around is all this licensing. Nickelodeon own TMNT, but these are Playmates designs. How did they manage that? I'm not complaining, but with NECA only being allowed to do video games, boggles my mind.
    Regardless, these are great. Definitely will cherry pick my favourites from the original though - so basically the bad guys, Muckman, Wingnut and Mondo Gecko!!!
    I could be wrong on this but I believe I read that a lot of the character/action figure designs were done by artist at Mirage Studios. So perhaps when Nickelodeon bought TMNT they gained ownership of those designs.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by super-munkyboy View Post
    I know it's often very confusing for the licensees themselves! There's a lot of nuance to licensing agreements anymore.

Widget

Super7 Tnmt

Hello everyone. Super7 is going to make TNMT dolls, do you know anything else?

310af6d8-767d-407e-96d0-369f2fbc85b3.jpg

Teaser poster was dropped from Super 7 today:

Looks like orders will go live in October...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Seems a bad idea so soon after the Thundercats pre-order just ended.

I really, really don't want to get into this line but, my gosh, that Raphael looks amazing. He is as loaded or more loaded with accessories than most other action figures at a comparable price. I may be in for a few favorites but, with TMNT, it's such a wormhole. I did pick up two of the NECA movie turtles I found and I'm still looking for more (I need Raph and Leo). I really hope Super7 doesn't really leave the accessories on the sprues, though. That just seems like one of those things that would be overly cheesy and pointless.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

I'm really tempted.

Odd Man Out

They need to stop with all the accessories just to get a high price point. Nobody needs that much. Most of it doesn't get used anyway. $45 is way too much for a single 6 inch action figure. The turtles are awesome but they're not that awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Palazzolor View Post
    They need to stop with all the accessories just to get a high price point. Nobody needs that much. Most of it doesn't get used anyway. $45 is way too much for a single 6 inch action figure. The turtles are awesome but they're not that awesome.
    I agree. $20-30 I would have been all in on TMNT, Thundercats and Conan...but $45, then shipping and customs is just too expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I agree. $20-30 I would have been all in on TMNT, Thundercats and Conan...but $45, then shipping and customs is just too expensive.
    Yeah, they’ll retail for 67-75 euros here. That’s pretty crazy if you want to “collect them all”.

I’ll be picking up the Arnie Conan for sure, I’m tempted to get a Lion-O and Mumm-Ra. But to get in to all these lines is going to be way too much of an undertaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Razzerian View Post
    Yeah, they’ll retail for 67-75 euros here. That’s pretty crazy if you want to “collect them all”.

I’ll be picking up the Arnie Conan for sure, I’m tempted to get a Lion-O and Mumm-Ra. But to get in to all these lines is going to be way too much of an undertaking.
    Affording them really isn't an issue for me. I just don't think they are worth the price Super 7 are charging for them. 4x figures still works out around £200+ to the UK. Then there is still the issue with Super 7's quality control.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by smeddie45 View Post
    I’m excited for these and Thundercats, which is why I’m not too heart broken Classics is taking a rest. But Origins I’m going to be interested to see, hoping I don’t have to do much hunting for them, I don’t have the best Wal-Mart in the world....

My top 20 wish list

1-4 The four turtles, no need for any variants
    5 Shredder
    6 Rock Steady
    7 Beebop
    8 Krang in walker- have the Android body be a larger figure
    9 Splinter
    10 Casey Jones
    11 Leatherhead
    12 Rat King
    13 Chrome Dome
    14 Mutgen Man
    15 Muckman and Joe Eyeball
    16 Wingnut and Screwloose
    17 Foot Soldier (Army builder 2 pack)
    18 Ace Duck
    19 Scumbad
    20 Usagi Yojimbo
    Wow... don't remember Scumbad and never had (though did want) Chrome Dome... but if you find a way to add in Ray Fillet that pretty much looks like my list

Heroic Warrior
    I would like to see Mona Lisa at some point. Based primarily off the original cartoon.

Scumbug is literally the only character I will pay anything to have an updated version of. He's not the only characters I love, but he's the only one I would go that far to get. I'd be just as happy with an Archie comics version as the original toy, too.

Scumbug2.png
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

I love the vintage TMNT line and am all in on this new Super7 line! But I am really looking most forward to the more second tier toy characters: Muckman and Joe Eyeball, Mutagen Man, Pizzaface, Groundchuck, Ray Fillet, Walkabout, Wingnut & Screwloose, Doctor El....the Four Horsemen treatment on all of these guys is going to be amazing! I wonder if they'll get into Turtle Variant territory? Not too fussed about getting those, but some of them would be fun.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Quote Originally Posted by Galmorzu View Post
    Scumbug is literally the only character I will pay anything to have an updated version of. He's not the only characters I love, but he's the only one I would go that far to get. I'd be just as happy with an Archie comics version as the original toy, too.

Scumbug2.png
    I love ScumBug! I personally prefer the Archie version though...

Two others that I would love to see are Tattoo and Groundchuck!

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    I love the vintage TMNT line and am all in on this new Super7 line! But I am really looking most forward to the more second tier toy characters: Muckman and Joe Eyeball, Mutagen Man, Pizzaface, Groundchuck, Ray Fillet, Walkabout, Wingnut & Screwloose, Doctor El....the Four Horsemen treatment on all of these guys is going to be amazing! I wonder if they'll get into Turtle Variant territory? Not too fussed about getting those, but some of them would be fun.
    I'm a bit skeptical on the breadth of this line... at $50 a pop, I don't see it lasting long enough to get to all the characters we would like to see...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

I really hope Super 7 don't have the master licence for TMNT and it's just limited to Classics and ReAction.

When the new movie and TV show comes out they need merchandise available for fans.