Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles from Super 7

Really wanted all four, but money's too tight that I can't accord more than two. So I grabbed Stockman (one of my all time favorite figures), and Splinter, because I never got the original.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

Avenge The Fallen Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    They are up now on BBTS. I ordered them from there since it won't charge until they ship, and the shipping is a lot cheaper, too. I got a set of all 4 figures, plus 3 additional foot soldiers (for a total of 4).

Eternian Sports Director smeddie45's Avatar
    Just preordered mine through BBTS! Can’t wait to see who is in Wave two, hopefully Super7 will reveal something at NYCC...

Despite my initial reaction to these, I preordered wave plus some extra Foots from BBTS as well. I didn't really want to start another TMNT line but they look so good. That Baxter figure just looks so awesome. I guess I'll have to make room for these alongside my NECA figures.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I really don't like the weapon racks and having to remove them from the sprues. I get it's a nice nod to the original toys but a bit pointless.
    Ditto. It's going to leave unpainted marks on the accessories where the spures are. Ralph's sais will have brown spots on them cause of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Despite my initial reaction to these, I preordered wave plus some extra Foots from BBTS as well. I didn't really want to start another TMNT line but they look so good. That Baxter figure just looks so awesome. I guess I'll have to make room for these alongside my NECA figures.

- - - Updated - - -

Ditto. It's going to leave unpainted marks on the accessories where the spures are. Ralph's sais will have brown spots on them cause of this.
    If they were going for a tribute to the vintage toys why bother painting them when they know it will leave the coloured plastic showing underneath.
    Also what is the point of giving Raph 2x sets of Sais?

ordered my set! I'm super excited about them, though still worried the price is too high to make them succeed. And am grateful to the board folks here for reminding me that ordering at BBTS will end up cheaper this time around because of the low shipping. I just want them to go as deep as MOTUC did and make every single random unique character from the classic line. Is that too much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Mer Jim View Post
    I just want them to go as deep as MOTUC did and make every single random unique character from the classic line. Is that too much to ask?

At $45.00 each? With all of the other stuff that S7 has coming out as well? 8 years to get items to ship? Potential QC issues? All of the "other" options and lines that people collect that aren't even associated with S7? People's limited budgets? People's limited space? ANGRY spouses once one has found out how much another one spent on this stuff?

To answer your question...Yes, it is too much to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    They are up now on BBTS. I ordered them from there since it won't charge until they ship, and the shipping is a lot cheaper, too. I got a set of all 4 figures, plus 3 additional foot soldiers (for a total of 4).
    Darn you! Yeah, went ahead and got the other two. I love that old Playmates line too much.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    At $45.00 each? With all of the other stuff that S7 has coming out as well? 8 years to get items to ship? Potential QC issues? All of the "other" options and lines that people collect that aren't even associated with S7? People's limited budgets? People's limited space? ANGRY spouses once one has found out how much another one spent on this stuff?

waiiiiiittttt... you mean we don't all have infinite money, infinite space, and infinite patience? Darn it!

yeah, I worry about all that too... but I guess I'll just hope for the best until the inevitable disappointment arrives!

Heroic Warrior
    Also what is the point of giving Raph 2x sets of Sais?
    I would assume so you can keep one set on the weapon rack??

I'll admit that rack baffles me. You just can't paint things on a sprue like that... it doesn't make any sense... I love HAVING the rack because I actually used them when I was young for all the extra weapons... but on the sprue it looks stupid, they have to hang on the hooks. Cutting them off will mess up the paint... I just don't get this business decision at all...

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I would assume so you can keep one set on the weapon rack??

I'll admit that rack baffles me. You just can't paint things on a sprue like that... it doesn't make any sense... I love HAVING the rack because I actually used them when I was young for all the extra weapons... but on the sprue it looks stupid, they have to hang on the hooks. Cutting them off will mess up the paint... I just don't get this business decision at all...
    It's very confusing from a business standpoint. It's cheaper making them on a sprue. But painting them put the cost up and functionally wise it will leave marks if they are removed from the sprue. Perhaps they are not really designed to be removed from the sprue?
    It would have been a better business decision and more cost effective to just mould them in one colour like the vintage toys then they could be removed from the sprue with no issue and the customers could either leave them the moulded colour or paint and customize them themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post

I just hope we get at least four waves if they're including 1 Turtle per wave.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfHeMan View Post
    I just hope we get at least four waves if they're including 1 Turtle per wave.
    And those waves better include April, Casey, Shredder, Krang, Bebop, Rocksteady, Slash, and Leatherhead. If we got all of these I would be happy. I do not want, need, have room, or can afford an entire "Masters of the Universe Classics" line of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I would be completely satisfied with the core characters.
    Last edited by depp76; October 3, 2019 at 08:12pm.

Oh man, Neca is making it really hard to get behind the Super 7 stuff...

Waaay more bang for yer buck!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Yeah but those first four two packs were IMPOSSIBLE to find at Target...at least here they were. I never saw them at all...and believe me I searched. And now they are way expensive on the second market. If NECA is going to keep putting out these two pack Target exclusives I would much rather go with Super 7 because at least I have a chance of actually owning the figures. Yeah the figures look nice but what's the point of looking at pictures of them if I know that I'll never be able to actually get them. Super 7 gives us a chance to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    Yeah but those first four two packs were IMPOSSIBLE to find at Target...at least here they were. I never saw them at all...and believe me I searched. And now they are way expensive on the second market. If NECA is going to keep putting out these two pack Target exclusives I would much rather go with Super 7 because at least I have a chance of actually owning the figures. Yeah the figures look nice but what's the point of looking at pictures of them if I know that I'll never be able to actually get them. Super 7 gives us a chance to do that.
    They were hard to find in my area as well but they were worth the wait. Some areas got TONS while others got none. I ended up just getting the Leo/Shredder pack this week. Trust me, NECA would love nothing more than to give the animated figures a wider release but Nick won't let them. They even tried to get permission from Nick to sell them online via Target's site but that got denied. They're still trying to get them on Target's site but right now it seems unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    They were hard to find in my area as well but they were worth the wait. Some areas got TONS while others got none. I ended up just getting the Leo/Shredder pack this week. Trust me, NECA would love nothing more than to give the animated figures a wider release but Nick won't let them. They even tried to get permission from Nick to sell them online via Target's site but that got denied. They're still trying to get them on Target's site but right now it seems unlikely.
    Yet just another reason to go with Super7.

NECA's figures look far better than Super 7's and they are nearly half the price! Definitely more interested in NECA.

NECA's figures look far better than Super 7's and they are nearly half the price! Definitely more interested in NECA.
    They are pretty much the same price and Super7's look just as good. Good luck finding them and then paying twice as much for them on EBay lol.
    Last edited by depp76; October 4, 2019 at 10:14am.

Heroic Warrior
    Do you buy anything from Super7 or just look at pictures and come up with dim-witted comments? Price was no issue remember who cares if they are half of Super7 price. I will support both NECA and Super7 offerings. Both look great and for the prices they are being offered at not a problem.
    Last edited by quick16tt; October 4, 2019 at 10:11am.

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    They are pretty much the same price and Super7's look just as good. Good luck finding them and then paying twice as much for them on EBay lol.
    Not in the UK. The two packs cabe bought easily online for almost the same price as what one Super 7 figure costs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by quick16tt View Post
    Do you buy anything from Super7 or just look at pictures and come up with dim-witted comments? Price was no issue remember who cares if they are half of Super7 price. I will support both NECA and Super7 offerings. Both look great and for the prices they are being offered at not a problem.
    How is stating an opinion and a fact dim-witted?

Not in the UK. The two packs cabe bought easily online for almost the same price as what one Super 7 figure costs.

- - - Updated - - -
    Same in Europe. Neca turtles approx $30 from local comic book stores and online retailers. Super7 turtles $72. Itís a no brainier even if I like both designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Soothe777 View Post
    Same in Europe. Neca turtles approx $30 from local comic book stores and online retailers. Super7 turtles $72. Itís a no brainier even if I like both designs.
    Obviously it just depends on where we all live. It's a no-brainer for you for sure. I'm jealous lol. Here in the US they are only available at Target in store, not online, and even then they aren't even available in store because I could never find them here in N.C...and now they are twice the price on eBay. So for us here in the US it's much better and cheaper to go with Super 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Soothe777 View Post
    Same in Europe. Neca turtles approx $30 from local comic book stores and online retailers. Super7 turtles $72. It’s a no brainier even if I like both designs.
    I also like Super 7's TMNT designs, and affording them really isn't an issue, but I just honestly don't think they are worth the price compared to the NECA figures.

Out there somewhere, and floating in a most peculiar way...
    What's the QC and paint apps like on Super7 stuff these days, generally speaking?
    My momma said, to get things done
    you'd better not mess with Major Tom...