Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles from Super 7

Are these still way overpriced or did they bring them down a bit? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Palazzolor View Post
    Are these still way overpriced or did they bring them down a bit? LOL
    Still over priced. Even if they did bring down the price how would anyone know since pretty much everyone at Super 7 seems to have absolutely no internet access.

Here is a look at the proposed packaging of the TMNT Ultimates:

I'm still not sure why they don't go the Mythic Legions route....
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Here is a look at the proposed packaging of the TMNT Ultimates:

https://www.figures.com/wordpress/wp..._n-816x816.jpg

https://www.figures.com/wordpress/wp...44569344_n.jpg

I'm still not sure why they don't go the Mythic Legions route....
    The shape is similar to the Thundercats Ultimates packaging. I'm guessing they're going for a unified look among all the new Ultimates lines.

For what it's worth, I like the design better than the Thundercats packaging, but I don't love it. I would have preferred a vintage style bubble on card design that's resealable like Mythic Legions.

Also, I actually do have these preordered, so I'm not just on these forums to whine about products I have no intention of buying.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfHeMan View Post
    The shape is similar to the Thundercats Ultimates packaging. I'm guessing they're going for a unified look among all the new Ultimates lines.

For what it's worth, I like the design better than the Thundercats packaging, but I don't love it. I would have preferred a vintage style bubble on card design that's resealable like Mythic Legions.

Also, I actually do have these preordered, so I'm not just on these forums to whine about products I have no intention of buying.
    Yeah, I have a couple on pre-order through BBTS (not Splinter though... his vintage design is godawful!), and I agree with your point.

The Mythic Legions style packaging is both MOC and Opener friendly... it hangs well on a display wall and can be used with peg-board hangers. The "box" style TC design does not ship well, store well, nor display well.

But, if Super7 is going for uniformity among all of their Ultimate lines... we may be stuck with this over-priced and clunky design for as long as they last.

Yeah, I have a couple on pre-order through BBTS (not Splinter though... his vintage design is godawful!), and I agree with your point.

The Mythic Legions style packaging is both MOC and Opener friendly... it hangs well on a display wall and can be used with peg-board hangers. The "box" style TC design does not ship well, store well, nor display well.

But, if Super7 is going for uniformity among all of their Ultimate lines... we may be stuck with this over-priced and clunky design for as long as they last.
    With Super 7's delays the Ultimates line will definitely last a long time.

I really like that packaging! I'm really trying to focus my collecting lately but, darn, these are so tempting. The presence of both the sprue of weapons and the regular painted weapons has really pushed me a little further towards picking these up!
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Avenge The Fallen Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I have these all preordered on BBTS, but I agree on the price being kind of up there. Some of what is included seems pointless IMO and could be easily removed if it would help with the price to some extent.

I honestly don't need the rack of weapons if the figure already comes with them separate from the rack and painted. I understand that they are going for the nostalgia knod, but IMO it's not really an aspect of the early figures that needs to be replicated. To an extent I am glad that they are at least making the painted weapons separate from the rack rather than having them be attached to it and need to be removed (likely resulting in noticeable spots of where they connected to the rack on the weapons after removal), but like I said, the rack could just not be a factor at all and that would be fine.

The second head with Raphael also seems kind of pointless, too IMO. They seem to be going for a somewhat more detailed look, but it just seems to be something that isn't enough of a difference to really be worth while. Maybe I'm alone in that, but it just seems to be another area where money could be saved.

Heck, if anything, if one of these figures did come with an alternate head with a more detailed design, it should have been Splinter. While I did have the figure as a kid and I have preordered him, I agree with Ornclown that it just wasn't a great looking design in the first place, and honestly it looks even weirder on this new figure.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I have these all preordered on BBTS, but I agree on the price being kind of up there. Some of what is included seems pointless IMO and could be easily removed if it would help with the price to some extent.

I honestly don't need the rack of weapons if the figure already comes with them separate from the rack and painted. I understand that they are going for the nostalgia knod, but IMO it's not really an aspect of the early figures that needs to be replicated. To an extent I am glad that they are at least making the painted weapons separate from the rack rather than having them be attached to it and need to be removed (likely resulting in noticeable spots of where they connected to the rack on the weapons after removal), but like I said, the rack could just not be a factor at all and that would be fine.

The second head with Raphael also seems kind of pointless, too IMO. They seem to be going for a somewhat more detailed look, but it just seems to be something that isn't enough of a difference to really be worth while. Maybe I'm alone in that, but it just seems to be another area where money could be saved.

Heck, if anything, if one of these figures did come with an alternate head with a more detailed design, it should have been Splinter. While I did have the figure as a kid and I have preordered him, I agree with Ornclown that it just wasn't a great looking design in the first place, and honestly it looks even weirder on this new figure.
    Yeah, at this point, I like that the weapons are separate and painted... so the unpainted ones are now a waste. I like the idea of the rack but it's useless with all the other weapons still attached. So kind of a miss there. I agree about the second raph head. they just look... the same. Same expression... just too similar. If anyone NEEDS a second head... it would be leo. His vintage head just looks... Sad. or scared or nervous or something decidedly NOT kick-butt awesome leader. He was my first turtle, but man, I always hated that expression. Something about the way the eyes slope or something. Not a great expression. He should have that replicated for the nostalgia I guess... but I hope his second head is a bit more confident and kick butt. Heck, just repaint Raph's head to give him a decent look.

The way Brian has talked about it, it seems like the increase in price is mainly due to the figures being made to order, and not having to order the wave all at once, something the fans have been asking for for years, and this is just the price of that.

The way he worded it it seemed like the figures were already going to be expensive, so might as well throw in every accessory you can think of. It may increase the price, but not as much as compensating for potentially low selling figures, licensing costs, tariffs, etc.

The way Brian has talked about it, it seems like the increase in price is mainly due to the figures being made to order, and not having to order the wave all at once, something the fans have been asking for for years, and this is just the price of that.

The way he worded it it seemed like the figures were already going to be expensive, so might as well throw in every accessory you can think of. It may increase the price, but not as much as compensating for potentially low selling figures, licensing costs, tariffs, etc.
    If this is the case, I wish that the extra Raph head was more differentiated... maybe with an open mouth and fabric ties on his sculpted bandana...

The Foot Soldier could have a "battle-damaged" head where 1/3 of it is missing and circuitry is exposed... while Baxter could have a head that shows him in the middle of his mutation.

And Splinter could benefit heavily from a new head that is based on his comic or blister-card artwork!

If this is the case, I wish that the extra Raph head was more differentiated... maybe with an open mouth and fabric ties on his sculpted bandana...

The Foot Soldier could have a "battle-damaged" head where 1/3 of it is missing and circuitry is exposed... while Baxter could have a head that shows him in the middle of his mutation.

And Splinter could benefit heavily from a new head that is based on his comic or blister-card artwork!
    Great idea about Splinter.

So, if / when Super 7 gets to Michelangelo... should they keep him the vintage dark teal-green like his original figure? Or do you think they should change it?

So, if / when Super 7 gets to Michelangelo... should they keep him the vintage dark teal-green like his original figure? Or do you think they should change it?
    Absolutely no question keep it like the original figure. The whole point of the Super7 line is to make it like the vintage toys, no?

Absolutely no question keep it like the original figure. The whole point of the Super7 line is to make it like the vintage toys, no?
    Then Shredder will look terrible.

That PlanetEternia.de guy Sir Reilly's Avatar
    Maybe he's gonna feature accessories to display him either in pure toy style or more like his cartoon version?
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Avenge The Fallen Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    They did make a "toon" Shredder later in the line, which was a repaint of the original figure. So they could probably get away with releasing that variant down the line while keeping things in context of being based on the original toy line.

If they can just make it so he stands up straight (give him articulation to get the original toy pose if someone wants it), and maybe don't make him look as ridiculously skinny as the original figure, it should be fine...

Then don't buy him? I for one am very excited about a toy accurate Shredder. NECA has a toon Shredder and a movie Shredder if you prefer those, but no one has made a toy accurate Shredder in recent times.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    They did make a "toon" Shredder later in the line, which was a repaint of the original figure. So they could probably get away with releasing that variant down the line while keeping things in context of being based on the original toy line.

If they can just make it so he stands up straight (give him articulation to get the original toy pose if someone wants it), and maybe don't make him look as ridiculously skinny as the original figure, it should be fine...

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/eauA7srZqvU/maxresdefault.jpg
    Yeah the original figure wa sawful. The colours were bad enough but the proportions and sculpt were the worst part of the figure.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I'm really looking forward to how they tackle the toy Shredder! I'm sure he will be able to stand upright and maybe even look more muscular. This one will be a good makeover I think.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    I'm really looking forward to how they tackle the toy Shredder! I'm sure he will be able to stand upright and maybe even look more muscular. This one will be a good makeover I think.
    He will be able to stabd straight. I just don't like the design and colours etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Then don't buy him? I for one am very excited about a toy accurate Shredder. NECA has a toon Shredder and a movie Shredder if you prefer those, but no one has made a toy accurate Shredder in recent times.
    I have no intention of buying it. You ever think the reason no one else ever made a figure based on the old toy is becasue of how terrible it is?

I'm excited for an update to the toy version of Shredder too! And absolutely I want him shirtless with purple and blue armor! It wouldn't be a proper update of toy Shredder any other way.

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

I'm imagining they're going to build it off the Classics buck, unless maybe they're going to introduce a slim male body?

- - - Updated - - -

I have no intention of buying it. You ever think the reason no one else ever made a figure based on the old toy is becasue of how terrible it is?
    If you have no intention of buying it, why are you on here trash talking it?

I'm imagining they're going to build it off the Classics buck, unless maybe they're going to introduce a slim male body?

- - - Updated - - -

If you have no intention of buying it, why are you on here trash talking it?
    You do understand you can still be a fan of something like TMNT and not like every design choice, toy product, movie, TV show or comic.
    Maybe if it comes witha vest and an alternate head and armour to change the look it could be awesome.
    I personally have always liked the design of the Archie comics Shredder.

You do understand you can still be a fan of something like TMNT and not like every design choice, toy product, movie, TV show or comic.
    I don't think I've ever seen you post a single positive thing about anything. If everything causes you so much ire, what's the point of even posting here? Aren't there things you enjoy? You have openly said that you don't plan on buying anything, so you don't even have a horse in the race. I don't think anyone wants to hear about how you dislike everything, especially if you're not even supporting the products.

Maybe if it comes witha vest and an alternate head and armour to change the look it could be awesome.
    I personally have always liked the design of the Archie comics Shredder.
    An alternate head and armor to what? You haven't even seen the Shredder head(s) and armor they're making. What kind of armor would they even make, keeping in mind this line is based on the vintage toys? Don't most people have a problem with the vintage Shredder's skinny body anyway? Your suggestions are completely opposite to everything they've seen and shown about this line so far, do you not get what they're doing here?

This is not a toy line based on the Archie comics, it's based on the vintage toyline, your suggestion is... misplaced? The look of the character in the Archie comics is very different, head to toe. There's no armor piece that's gonna make him look like that. If you don't like the line, it's not for you, no one is gonna force you to buy it, but your suggestions don't really make sense here.

Now, if you're calling for a toon Shredder repaint like from the vintage line, that makes more sense.
    Last edited by SonOfHeMan; November 20, 2019 at 04:16pm.