Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647
Results 1,151 to 1,170 of 1170

Thread: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles from Super7

Oh Dirtbag! How could I have forgotten him! Absolutely. Ratking is one I wasn't always huge on, but I totally get why he's so popular, and I'm really interested to see how he's done. Same with General Traag, who I expect to be a hulk of a figure when he shows up.

A friend of mine really, really loved Triceraton and keeps asking if there's any word of him showing up. He'll probably go in for him if and when he shows up.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

I finally got the "preorders processing soon" email from BBTS for the rest of my wave 4!

What the heck took so long?!?
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**

>>Glad supporter of the Netflix Era<<

Our Wave 4 shipped last week, but hasn't shown up yet.

My current "Can't Wait to See Super 7 Tackle Them" List is...
    -Fugitoid
    -General Traag
    -Pizza Face
    -Rat King
    -Triceraton
    -Wyrm
    -Wingut (& Screwloose)
    -Scumbug
    And, I know there are probably still rights issues with them, but I really want...
    -Usagi
    -Panda Khan
    MOTU Origins Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Anti-Eternia Characters, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy
    Hermione's Toy Box on Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8C...xlwUttPSJAUZMA

So the former EE Mutagen Man exclusives have shipped, yet oddly enough BBTS now has them listed on their site as well, and at a higher price point to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    So the former EE Mutagen Man exclusives have shipped, yet oddly enough BBTS now has them listed on their site as well, and at a higher price point to boot.
    BBTS doesn't seem to like to be out of the mix on anything and will often simply buy even other competitor's exclusives just so that they can carry them on their own site.

Gotta' be it, as they are no longer on EE's website.

The rest of wave 4 is finally on their way!!

I can't wait to fool around with Muckman (get your head outta the gutter) and Casey!

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    Gotta' be it, as they are no longer on EE's website.
    It's still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    The rest of wave 4 is finally on their way!!

I can't wait to fool around with Muckman (get your head outta the gutter) and Casey!
    Muckman is just insanely awesome and HUGE.
    cogito ergo doleo

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    It's still there.
    Yeah, saw it. It didn't show up for me earlier, but I see it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    BBTS doesn't seem to like to be out of the mix on anything and will often simply buy even other competitor's exclusives just so that they can carry them on their own site.
    BBTS also has much better international shipping rates than EE. So even with the price hike, it is convenient. Also international shipping on BBTS is much more reliable
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders(

My feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    Muckman is just insanely awesome and HUGE.
    I finally got 'em!

YES!!! Muckman is gigantic! It's almost hard to believe that he costs the same as someone like April O'Neil...

I really love this wave, but my favorite figure in wave 4 has to go to Casey. He just holds so much nostalgic value for me... I vividly remember setting up a huge "haunted house" playset in the basement playroom when I was young (made from existing pieces like the Slime Pit, Little People Haunted House, Fright Zone, and a heaping pile of cardboard)... my TMNT figures -lead by Casey Jones- had to venture through it battling the bad guys and finally facing off against the giant Tendril (from Inhumanoids fame) as the Cthulhu!

Ahh, good times...

I received my GID Mutagen Man from Entertainment Earth yesterday.

I love him. The color scheme is very different from what I'm used to, and while I prefer the original color scheme, the GID gimmick is a nice replacement for water gimmick.

The guts glowing in the dark is very cool.

Mutagen is such a crazy concept and an iconic toy from my childhood, it makes me very happy we now have 2 new versions of the original Playmates figure.

You can always mix and match the guns, hands, and little trash pieces if you're motivated to do so.

--------------

So I've been messing around with Casey Jones more the last day or two. He's the figure I've spent the least amount of time with.

Some additional thoughts, observations:

Casey has a loose grip on the two broken/splintered bats. The normal bat he holds fine. The two splintered bats have handles with a smaller diameter.

Casey also has the same problem as Leonardo with his gripping hands. He's unable to hold the bats in a reverse grip comfortably.

Casey's elbows have probably the best ROM of any TMNT Super 7 figure. He gets 90 degrees, but the way the bicep is sculpted and the forearms are connected seems to offer him more movement than April, Shredder, and the turtles.

There's no way I'm posing the figure on the shelf with him wearing the golf bag. I have no doubt the strap will eventually break. I just don't trust it. For anyone who is curious, the best way to put it on is to remove Casey's head.

Aesthetically I love this figure. The Mirage Casey is so iconic, and the Playmates figure is just as iconic. I really love the sculpting on this figure. From drawstring sweatpants, the taped knees, the ripped hoodie, the design is pretty simple but it holds its own when placed next to Bebop, Rocksteady, Baxter, Muckman, and Mutagen Man.

I appreciate the very slim, athletic build Casey sports. He really looks like gym rat and a jogger. Casey looks like he's out running around and jumping off rooftops. I like that he's not very bulky like a body builder.

I really don't like the wait attachment.The movement the ball peg offers is so minimal, I have no idea why Super 7 didn't just opt for a wait twist like every other figure in the line. That ugly gap bothers me. It doesn't ruin the figure, but I definitely don't like it.

Casey is such a solid and fun figure, but the waist gap bothers me enough I'd actually place him at the very bottom of the Super 7 TMNT figures. April is sort of boring, but her construction is better aesthetically.

I still really like the figure, but for a company that goes to great lengths to maintain the sculpt, why they decided to go with this ugly ball joint confounds me.

-----------

I've also been giving Rocksteady another evaluation. He was my favorite figure of Wave 3, but Mikey and Metalhead actually gave him surprising competition. I still think Bebop is the best figure in the line with Donatello a close second. I had Rocksteady in my Top 5 of the line, then sort of slowly moved him down to around 7 or 8ish as Mikey moved up. I think Rocksteady is moving back up in my estimation.

He's not as exciting as Bebop by nature of Bebop's colors and general craziness, but I do think Rocksteady looks more intimidating and he's probably the meanest looking and most intimidating figure in the line.

Despite the lack of double jointed knees and elbows, you can still get some pretty dynamic posing out of him.

You can get him into a very nice charging pose. The military theme with the goggles, the black tank top, the camo pants, the bullets on his wrist, the stitches on his forearm, the dark grey color and the red eyes combined with the extra large head adds to the sheer intimidation factor this guy has.

Bebop looks intimidating too, but Rocksteady actually looks mean. He looks more dangerous and deadly than Bebop. That's an aspect of the vintage design the 4 Horsemen and Super 7 were actually able to capture and enhance here.

I still think Rocksteady should have had an alternate head sculpt - preferably one with an open mouth like when he shuts his eyes and starts going berserk in the arcade game, and his accessories needed paint apps, but overall my appreciation for Rocksteady is growing.
    Last edited by Thrawn29; January 10, 2022 at 05:53am.

Heroic Warrior
    Got my new wave. Muck man. He looks like Mark Taylor does he not? I was like he looks like someone then it finally hit me. Mark Taylor.

Anyway left leg peg seems to be out to far in the crotch. Already gotna stress Mark by trying to get him to do the splits. Pretty upset about that. Paid 55 or whatever for that crap? Shouldn't even be an issue. . The gecko is ok. Tried to switch heads ball peg came with it. This is because they used a solid mass if plastic like mythic legions does. Just heavy chunk of softer plastic instead of a clam shell style. . That's another let down. I personally am not a fan of mythic legions and these new ultimates are steering further away from the motuc style and closer to mythic legions in which is probably cheaper to produce with grade of plastic and pour molds. Got 2 more to open and check out. Donatello in which should be the same as the other 3 and and already watched reviews on Casey and already know he's a let down and that's upsetting cause that's who I been waiting for since this line started. I might pull the plug on all the ultimates unless it's Conan or they are made like motuc.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Ok Donatello has some glue on his left thigh. And the head seems weird. Like it don't seem right I think it's the peg though. Cause it's with both heads it just don't position right. At first I didn't think the staffs were to short like people pointed out til I put it in his hands and I'm like yeah these seem way out of scale.

Casey is like expected. That waist is hideous. The sweats need to be deeper so the stomach sits in them. Bats are out of scale ankles are useless. I should've help off a few more days on that van. Now I'm regretting getting it. These guys ain't capable of putting out quality collectibles. You move joints once and they become super loose like what? Might take some hot water to Casey's waist and pop it and see if I can deep the hole for the peg. Cause this ain't no 45 55 or even 35 worthiness.

Last edited by unclassified; January 12, 2022 at 10:51pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Popped Casey's torso. Thought maybe I could put it closer after it was heated. Got it a little bit closer but still looks hideous. I think the torso is to small for the waist. Like they shrunk it. But if we Drexel the torso a bit we definitely can get it to sit flush.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    I received my GID Mutagen Man from Entertainment Earth yesterday.

I love him. The color scheme is very different from what I'm used to, and while I prefer the original color scheme, the GID gimmick is a nice replacement for water gimmick.

The guts glowing in the dark is very cool.

Mutagen is such a crazy concept and an iconic toy from my childhood, it makes me very happy we now have 2 new versions of the original Playmates figure.

You can always mix and match the guns, hands, and little trash pieces if you're motivated to do so.

--------------

So I've been messing around with Casey Jones more the last day or two. He's the figure I've spent the least amount of time with.

Some additional thoughts, observations:

Casey has a loose grip on the two broken/splintered bats. The normal bat he holds fine. The two splintered bats have handles with a smaller diameter.

Casey also has the same problem as Leonardo with his gripping hands. He's unable to hold the bats in a reverse grip comfortably.

Casey's elbows have probably the best ROM of any TMNT Super 7 figure. He gets 90 degrees, but the way the bicep is sculpted and the forearms are connected seems to offer him more movement than April, Shredder, and the turtles.

There's no way I'm posing the figure on the shelf with him wearing the golf bag. I have no doubt the strap will eventually break. I just don't trust it. For anyone who is curious, the best way to put it on is to remove Casey's head.

Aesthetically I love this figure. The Mirage Casey is so iconic, and the Playmates figure is just as iconic. I really love the sculpting on this figure. From drawstring sweatpants, the taped knees, the ripped hoodie, the design is pretty simple but it holds its own when placed next to Bebop, Rocksteady, Baxter, Muckman, and Mutagen Man.

I appreciate the very slim, athletic build Casey sports. He really looks like gym rat and a jogger. Casey looks like he's out running around and jumping off rooftops. I like that he's not very bulky like a body builder.

I really don't like the wait attachment.The movement the ball peg offers is so minimal, I have no idea why Super 7 didn't just opt for a wait twist like every other figure in the line. That ugly gap bothers me. It doesn't ruin the figure, but I definitely don't like it.

Casey is such a solid and fun figure, but the waist gap bothers me enough I'd actually place him at the very bottom of the Super 7 TMNT figures. April is sort of boring, but her construction is better aesthetically.

I still really like the figure, but for a company that goes to great lengths to maintain the sculpt, why they decided to go with this ugly ball joint confounds me.

-----------

I've also been giving Rocksteady another evaluation. He was my favorite figure of Wave 3, but Mikey and Metalhead actually gave him surprising competition. I still think Bebop is the best figure in the line with Donatello a close second. I had Rocksteady in my Top 5 of the line, then sort of slowly moved him down to around 7 or 8ish as Mikey moved up. I think Rocksteady is moving back up in my estimation.

He's not as exciting as Bebop by nature of Bebop's colors and general craziness, but I do think Rocksteady looks more intimidating and he's probably the meanest looking and most intimidating figure in the line.

Despite the lack of double jointed knees and elbows, you can still get some pretty dynamic posing out of him.

You can get him into a very nice charging pose. The military theme with the goggles, the black tank top, the camo pants, the bullets on his wrist, the stitches on his forearm, the dark grey color and the red eyes combined with the extra large head adds to the sheer intimidation factor this guy has.

Bebop looks intimidating too, but Rocksteady actually looks mean. He looks more dangerous and deadly than Bebop. That's an aspect of the vintage design the 4 Horsemen and Super 7 were actually able to capture and enhance here.

I still think Rocksteady should have had an alternate head sculpt - preferably one with an open mouth like when he shuts his eyes and starts going berserk in the arcade game, and his accessories needed paint apps, but overall my appreciation for Rocksteady is growing.
    I had no issue with putting on his golf bag on either shoulder around the head or not. My Casey's head if you pop it off it's like mondo geckos. The peg comes with it.

Casey is still my far and away favorite of this wave... but, the longer I have him, the more I am baffled by the glaring design error in his waist joint.

Is this not the reason that samples are made? So that these types of errors can be changed before going into production?

All he needed was a deeper plug in his hip-assembly... then the waist would sit inside of his sweat pants instead of hovering above them...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Casey is still my far and away favorite of this wave... but, the longer I have him, the more I am baffled by the glaring design error in his waist joint.

Is this not the reason that samples are made? So that these types of errors can be changed before going into production?

All he needed was a deeper plug in his hip-assembly... then the waist would sit inside of his sweat pants instead of hovering above them...
    That's what I said. How's your left leg on muckman? Mine has stress a Mark on the peg from trying to get his leg out to the side. His right moves perfectly. The left disk is just to damn tight. And the peg sticks out further than the right.

Bring back Classics! The All American's Avatar
    My Mutagen Man arrived last Thursday and he was completely missing his left eye/eye socket. It wasn't even loose in his clear shell, so I can only assume it was assembled broken without the factory worker realizing it. I am doing a return/replacement through Entertainment Earth, so I hope that goes smoothly.